Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Just don't do this part and then the waiver settings can be normal

Someone in your league will do this, and they will have an edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

To be fair if Gus was your RB1 you were already kinda hosed.

For the most part, I agree.
I was 9th of 12 and 8 RBs went off the board before my pick. I decided to get 2 stud WRs instead of a above-average RB.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Redraft? Just drop Gus.

Maybe 1 time in 200 this situation turns out to be a sprain rather than a torn ACL, I wouldn't drop Gus for a guy who isn't on a team's roster like Latavius Murray.

Added Ty'Son in the league where me and my son are co-managing a team. Excited to show him the "taking advantage of others misfortune" aspect of fantasy football.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's what I'm not doing: picking up Murray, Bell or Devonta Freeman. They all suck.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Someone's going to run the ball though

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
So how much of the 100 FAAB should I blow with gus going down on Ty'son. Gus was my RB2 and I got Bell yesterday for 0 on the bench.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sourdough posted:

Lamar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

Ty'Son

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh Bell will run the ball. For 25 yards on 8 carries.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ravens RBs ran it like 350 times last year, literally all of those carries are up for grabs now. I don't care which bad washed up RB they go with, but I want whoever it is as my RB5 or whatever

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is the Baltimore practice field just one giant trampoline?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

coronaball posted:

Maybe 1 time in 200 this situation turns out to be a sprain rather than a torn ACL, I wouldn't drop Gus for a guy who isn't on a team's roster like Latavius Murray.

Nah, the test for ACLs is like 10 seconds on the sideline and is 99% accurate.

If they think it's blown, then it's blown.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Spermy Smurf posted:

In the one league this is relative to me i have no RB depth. Like none. One stroke of luck is i was the 12th pick in a 12 person snake draft. I have waiver priority on friday.
I can be assured of being the first to drop Gus and picking up someone. But then i drop to last the next week. Help me SA Forums, your my only hope.
I have no rb's because i thought to load up on wr's and te's and get "sleepers". Everyone picked the sleepers.
Edit.

To be clear, i only have that option this week...so i will absolutely use it but it's such a crap shoot. Next week it will be the lowest scorer.
We have all done this, week one heroes are quickly forgotten. I need a good prospect in a 12 team draft where all second string guys have been drafted.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 9, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ty Johnson maybe? JJ Taylor maybe?

Post your team, trade WR or TE for a guy like Mixon?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Thats....what I said? A very small percentage of the time, like probably 0.5%, it turns out to be a sprain, or some other type of knee injury.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I cant read. My bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tiptoes posted:

If in need of an extra RB, check if Ty Johnson is on waivers.
Did something change with him? I think he's still in a potentially 4 headed rotation with no certainty right now, last I knew.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Isn't Tevin Coleman the one who will get first crack at the starting job for the Jets?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah that backfield is a big ?

Tevin Coleman is the presumed #1
Ty Johnson
Michael Carter
?

RBs are scarce but week 1 is too early to jump into a committee like that on a bad team

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

freeman posted:

Isn't Tevin Coleman the one who will get first crack at the starting job for the Jets?

Carter is expected to end up the passing/neat tricks back. Given who is on the roster he's going to end up The Guy though.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Here's what I'm not doing: picking up Murray, Bell or Devonta Freeman. They all suck.

Murray’s a better RB than anyone the Ravens have on the roster right now (not counting Lamar, obviously).

He’s gonna end up somewhere. If I’ve got someone in a league at the bottom of my roster I was gonna churn anyway, I’m picking him up, just to see what happens. In leagues where I don’t have a churn candidate? Not gonna pick him up.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

is the bucs defense supposed to be good again? i have to choose between Tom or Dak in nineteen minutes

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

is the bucs defense supposed to be good again? i have to choose between Tom or Dak in nineteen minutes

They have all starters from last year. Dunno how Cowboys def is supposed to be this year though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

They returned all their starters from the Super Bowl and drafted a first round DE, and they're all healthy right now (last I heard) so yes the Bucs D should be good.

Play Tom.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Yes they had no turnover from last year

I’d start Brady

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

oh for some reason I thought it was some other team that brought back all their starters but I remember all that now! Dak is gonna have a lovely throwing game but hoof it in for 2 and I'm gonna be piiiiiiiissed but I'm gonna start the 🐐

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Did something change with him? I think he's still in a potentially 4 headed rotation with no certainty right now, last I knew.
What changed was he outplayed the other backs in the preseason and then the depth chart they sent out to the media people after the preseason listed him as #1. The depth chart on the team website says Coleman but team websites at this point are less reliable. Tevin Coleman is quite old and quite busted while Carter is a day 3 rookie pick. Meanwhile Ty Johnson has size (5’11 210 lbs), explosiveness (4.45 40 and an 86th percentile Speed Score) and can catch passes (5.7% target share last year). I am expecting Coleman to get the first snap as the ceremonial veteran starter in week 1 and then cede a majority of the touches to Ty Johnson. He’s got a real chance to run away with the lead back job and he gets the Panthers defense in week 1 so he’s almost certainly going to be on week 2 waiver lists.

Keith Atherton posted:

RBs are scarce but week 1 is too early to jump into a committee like that on a bad team
Before Week 1 is actually the perfect time to jump on a guy in an ambiguous backfield. Ambiguous backfields are where you can get some great values. You will know after Week 1 what you have in him and if he's a hit, then you've avoided having to outbid the rest of the league over him on next week's waivers.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 10, 2021

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
last year i cribbed some super helpful excel sheets for drafting in my dynasty $200 faab league, i can't seem to find the website i got them from (maybe it was this thread?)

Anyone have the juice for this year and mind sharing? I've already drafted for my non-keeper non-money leagues and this is the only one i really care about as i've finished 2nd, won, 2nd the last 3 years.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SeaborneClink posted:

last year i cribbed some super helpful excel sheets for drafting in my dynasty $200 faab league, i can't seem to find the website i got them from (maybe it was this thread?)

Anyone have the juice for this year and mind sharing? I've already drafted for my non-keeper non-money leagues and this is the only one i really care about as i've finished 2nd, won, 2nd the last 3 years.

Beersheets? You can find them on footballabsurdity.com

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Beersheets. 2 pages ago in the thread was a link

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
thank you both that was the one.. i skipped the last two pages to :justpost: so.. gently caress me.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Carter is expected to end up the passing/neat tricks back. Given who is on the roster he's going to end up The Guy though.

I agree. I draft him late in a couple of leagues because I'm expecting the scenario you described to unfold.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sweet being an Elliott owner tonight

the Cowboys aren’t going to run the ball and my opponent has Dak

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Here's a fantasy football GDT for 2021: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978948

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Thank you

Checked earlier and there wasn’t one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happens if a FG is short and you try to catch it but it bounces off you and through the uprights?

Is it like Jose Canseco rules?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1436153169621524481?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well balls

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ravens taking the Texans RB strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Who's the drop:

Latavius Murray
TY Johnson
Wayne Gallman