Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Floor is lava posted:

going to be my our first year for my office to be in town right next to where they are hosting a chainsaw event

not looking forward to the massive chud crowd spewing covid and the loud as gently caress chainsawing right outside my office wall

His name is mad Chad, what the gently caress why aren't you watching that man chainsaw

E: appearances by the monkey man???? Bro you're missing out this sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
whole lot of people with real fancy fridges manufactured after the year 1998 in here :thunk:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
ohh thats why ppl are postgin fridges, drat im so baked haha

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Inspector Hound posted:

I like MRI techs, they don't care how terrified you are, they just want you to stop *loving* moving

What are the guys called on the rotating wheel of death?
The one they put you on to check your digestive tract, you have to drink "contrast" before they put you on it.

These guys never fail to get exasperated with me.
"LEFT!"
"NO THE OTHER LEFT"

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

I'm president joe biden

I’m Doctor Jill Biden :smuggo:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

VomitOnLino posted:

What are the guys called on the rotating wheel of death?
The one they put you on to check your digestive tract, you have to drink "contrast" before they put you on it.

These guys never fail to get exasperated with me.
"LEFT!"
"NO THE OTHER LEFT"

One lady yelled at me to stop blinking and moving my eyes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

covid?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

It's over

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

covid :smug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

My uncle had gallstones. He used it as an excuse to restart his opioid addiction. Last I saw him he was really strung-out.

I had a stony gallbladder.
Bile duct blockages were probably the most pain I've ever been in save for when I had the drat thing taken out and the surgeon botched it somehow and left bile leaking into my chest cavity
then the resulting infection was the most pain I'd ever been in

still glad to have had it out
didn't realize just how much background pain I was walking around in until it was gone

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Stevie Lee posted:

whole lot of people with real fancy fridges manufactured after the year 1998 in here :thunk:

the 20 year old fridge in our house died right as COVID was heating up and we loving took whatever we could get delivered ASAP.

another 2 weeks and we prolly would have been living out of a mini fridge for four months instead of "only" six weeks. A mini fridge or two isn't bad for a couple adults but when you add a small child into the mix it gets a lot harder fast.

and yes, I expect it to fail the day after the 10 year warranty. it has a coil whine sometimes I don't love that fucks with my tinnitus, but hey what do you expect for $2000? clearly if you want a decent fridge you spend $15000 on a commercial one, as the doomsday ec thread has taught me.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 10, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

We are in the month long lull before things start to get bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whats that

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

Good soup! posted:

whats that
Its over. Everyone go out and get your hair cut.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cabbages and Kings posted:

the 20 year old fridge in our house died right as COVID was heating up and we loving took whatever we could get delivered ASAP.

another 2 weeks and we prolly would have been living out of a mini fridge for four months instead of "only" six weeks. A mini fridge or two isn't bad for a couple adults but when you add a small child into the mix it gets a lot harder fast.

and yes, I expect it to fail the day after the 10 year warranty. it has a coil whine sometimes I don't love that fucks with my tinnitus, but hey what do you expect for $2000? clearly if you want a decent fridge you spend $15000 on a commercial one, as the doomsday ec thread has taught me.

there's probably like one artisanal fridgemaker out there that still does it all by hand and their fridges last a lifetime but you need to be on a waitlist to get one

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Inspector Hound posted:

I like MRI techs, they don't care how terrified you are, they just want you to stop *loving* moving

I just don't have time or empathy for people being scared in the fuckhole. It's just a tube parked next to a jet engine. Nothing happens, it's just loud.

I don't really ever tell patients to hold still during actual scans. I think it's mostly because I almost exclusively handle inpatients (encephalopathy patients that have no idea where they are). As a tech you should have a sense of who's going to tolerate the study and who's not. If someone is jimmy jamming all over the place I just scan on through and do my best to compensate on the backend because no amount of yelling at them to hold still is going to anything. In my practical experience, the best thing to do when someone is moving is not talk about it but instead ask the patient how they are doing and try to address anything they say is causing them issues. Most of the time telling them to hold still just pisses them off because they are holding still. The tiniest movement causes motion artifact, most of the time it is simply the patient breathing. There is nothing you can do about it. No need to antagonize the patient over something out of their control. 3/4 of the battle for a scan is fought in the scan room positioning the patient.

It makes me cringe when coworkers just keep yelling at patients to hold still. You're not helping and it's like the Simpsons episode with the ringers on the plant baseball team and that one dude Mr burns keeps telling to shave those sideburns and he shaves them across his entire head and he still yells at him to shave the sideburns.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what's this from
Stand remake?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cabbages and Kings posted:

You don't need to refrigerate beans so I don't even know why you bothered

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My ranking of worst ordering health care providers:

1. NP
2. PA
3. Family Practice
4. Any hospitalist
4. Emergency
5. Oncology

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i always fall asleep during mris and ct scans.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what's this from
Stand remake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9g0U-M2McQ

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn’t find the specific language:

Is the mandate for vaccines/testing for companies that have more than 100 employees overall or more than 100 employees per location?

Reason I ask: a supermarket chain could have thousands of employees across the nation but less than 100 at any given store. This is how big companies still got PPP loans.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

this generally happens when covid patients move around in large hordes

I see a deer head in the data

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hey guys what's going on. I'm just starting my 12 hour doctor shift right now ama

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ok I am now fully caught up on this thread and I only have one thing to say

lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn’t find the specific language:

Is the mandate for vaccines/testing for companies that have more than 100 employees overall or more than 100 employees per location?

Reason I ask: a supermarket chain could have thousands of employees across the nation but less than 100 at any given store. This is how big companies still got PPP loans.

it’s an osha reg so it uses the osha definitions. it’s over 100 overall.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Hey guys what's going on. I'm just starting my 12 hour doctor shift right now ama
are there stairs in your hospital?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr. Nice! posted:

i always fall asleep during mris and ct scans.

Most of the time that is great because then I can just set it and forget it and not have to interact and talk etc. Except if you have apnea and snore because that creates insane amounts of motion artifact on scans involving the chest head neck. It's really hard to convince coworkers/physicians that breathing is causing the motion and there is just nothing you can do about it.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Koirhor posted:

ok I am now fully caught up on this thread and I only have one thing to say

same
lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
in case y’all didn’t catch the authority being used, this is a new osha regulation being issued pursuant to osha’s given emergency powers. the temporary rule goes into effect as soon as it’s published (although there will certainly be a grace period before punishments begin), and the normal rulemaking procedure starts. then they have six months to finish the standard rulemaking procedure (notice, comment, etc) to make it permanent otherwise it expires.

e: this post is about the vaccine mandate.

Serf
May 5, 2011

RC Cola posted:

finally a doctor is here

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
open biden, covid thread.

do you have any questions for me, a doctor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Serf posted:

finally a doctor is here

oh, were you calling for a doctor? docotr here

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mr. Nice! posted:

in case y’all didn’t catch the authority being used, this is a new osha regulation being issued pursuant to osha’s given emergency powers. the temporary rule goes into effect as soon as it’s published (although there will certainly be a grace period before punishments begin), and the normal rulemaking procedure starts. then they have six months to finish the standard rulemaking procedure (notice, comment, etc) to make it permanent otherwise it expires.

e: this post is about the vaccine mandate.

it is a really smart way to do it too since it is very easy to back up the idea that unvaccinated or untested folks in the workplace are a hazard to other workers.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
Noticing a slightly uneven trim around the nape of your neck. You sure you're a doctor??

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

deadwing posted:

personally, I keep all my posting credentials inside the fridge

what are you Nancy Pelosi?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just had the realization that Antivaxers are just following the scientist protocol. They are the control group.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi. I'm a doctor?