Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I want this on iOS. Take my money !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

Ah, a taste of Android Life.

Let's make a trade: Give us Grindstone on Android, and we'll give you Slice N Dice on iOS.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

explosivo posted:

It is inevitably the time in the Android thread where someone says it; maybe we should make a slice and dice thread 🤔

Edit: Those new items are dope

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Android Gaming Megathread: gently caress You this is the Slice & Dice thread now

(and I'm here for it)

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Let's make a trade: Give us Grindstone on Android, and we'll give you Slice N Dice on iOS.

Give me Cinco Paus Android and I'll release on iOS!

Working on bugfixes/content/junk atm, other platforms coming later probably. The game mostly works on iOS but I'd like to finish the new version first.

Tann fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 9, 2021

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I know this is the Slice & Dice thread now, but has anyone tried World Flippers? It's a gatcha game with pinball battles. So you get to customize your ball/anime character and use special attacks, etc. There's hardly even a tutorial to get through!

looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQfPQQRO7k

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Snowmankilla posted:

^ this please

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I know this is the Slice & Dice thread now, but has anyone tried World Flippers? It's a gatcha game with pinball battles. So you get to customize your ball/anime character and use special attacks, etc. There's hardly even a tutorial to get through!

looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQfPQQRO7k

See: Gacha thread

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

See: Gacha thread

plz no I've been a good person

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That sounds real neat, but that gacha component. It's always "oh it's a real lenient one you can reroll and it doesn't make you spend money" and then in two months there's a content wall you ain't getting past without spending

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's how they....gacha.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope
In Slice and Dice, one of the challenges currently shown to me is "Flush: beat the game on custom party unfair or harder with a flush of hero types", which raises a few questions. Does that mean 5x of the same hero? Is there something harder than unfair? And how do I beat this!? I've gotten to the final boss several times with 5x warriors, using +enemy hp, -1 refill, +1 spell cost by treating every fight as a damage race, but that doesn't work against the final bosses.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Photux posted:

In Slice and Dice, one of the challenges currently shown to me is "Flush: beat the game on custom party unfair or harder with a flush of hero types", which raises a few questions. Does that mean 5x of the same hero? Is there something harder than unfair? And how do I beat this!? I've gotten to the final boss several times with 5x warriors, using +enemy hp, -1 refill, +1 spell cost by treating every fight as a damage race, but that doesn't work against the final bosses.

Try 5 blue, godlike party composition

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kheldarn posted:

Ah, a taste of Android Life.

Haha. Fair. I switch from android to iOS when I had kids about 7 years ago, and it was cool to have the best stuff. I’m glad you have all had this fun looking game for the last 10 pages.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

Haha. Fair. I switch from android to iOS when I had kids about 7 years ago, and it was cool to have the best stuff. I’m glad you have all had this fun looking game for the last 10 pages.

It is also available on pc.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I very rarely find any of these trades to ever be worth it. I suppose I will need to take some for achievements or something though right?

I did a few in easy early on but lately doing hard more it never seems worth it or the items I get offered do not match my current setup at all.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

lol

This is on purpose slightly; it was a late addition and I didn't re-balance after so I couldn't make them powerful. Plus I thought it would be funny to trick people into killing themselves. Sometimes it's interesting because of item synergies and then you have to try to analyse strengths. I might expand on it in the future, though I don't want to make it an easy choice :)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

For the longest time I thought that I had to win the fight to get the rewards. So I never took it until I saw a really good synergy.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Tann, is it alright to report a little bug here?

On Android, even when the game sound is muted, it still seems to be seeking sound-priority over other apps/devices. Like when my bluetooth headphones are connected to both my phone and laptop, the game keeps interrupting the laptop even though there should be no sound. As well, when I'm wearing the headphones but not listening to anything else, I can hear them gently click on and off each turn.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

CainFortea posted:

For the longest time I thought that I had to win the fight to get the rewards. So I never took it until I saw a really good synergy.

Yeah it's been brought up before that it's not clear that you get the items prior to the fight!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

Tann, is it alright to report a little bug here?

Ah I should probably add this lol. Next version, coming some day. I hope it will fix your issue.

code:
if(volume == 0) {
    return;
}

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Awesome, I'll let you know. But yeah, I figured it was worth mentioning because I haven't noticed other games/apps do that.

One random compliment ... this game seems to just sip the battery on my phone. It drains substantially faster if I'm playing like Slay the Spire.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Huh weird slice and dice doesn't eat my battery like at all.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shwqa posted:

Huh weird slice and dice doesn't eat my battery like at all.

I believe that is what teethgrinder is saying. And I have to concur. I can play it for a good long while.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CainFortea posted:

I believe that is what teethgrinder is saying. And I have to concur. I can play it for a good long while.

Haha well looks like I can't read. Can we have all post in dice form?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha fun. That pain attack kills it unless you have shield or give it more max hp.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So he kills himself doing his big attack?

I really try and avoid any character with pain sides as standard. The baddies are doing enough damage to me, not sure why I would want to hurt myself

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Tsietisin posted:

So he kills himself doing his big attack?

I really try and avoid any character with pain sides as standard. The baddies are doing enough damage to me, not sure why I would want to hurt myself

Pain is cool imo, it lets you use HP as a resource be to reach your win condition, and pain sides tend to be powerful for their tier. I kinda like Barbarian for instance as he can swing for 4 as a T2 at the cost of needing a little extra healing/shields. Glacia has pain mana, but also a lot of hp for a blue and a way to self sustain with the drain wand.

Plus you get all your HP back when you win the fight, why not use some of it?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
having sides that do 4 is important in one shotting bones, spiders, imps, and zombies. sides that do 5 clear wisps and all those dudes on unfair. it's important to churn though those dudes efficiently unless you quickly develop combos

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

an item that says pain can't reduce you past 1 hp to go with the ruffian would be fun, unless that already exists

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Nemico posted:

an item that says pain can't reduce you past 1 hp to go with the ruffian would be fun, unless that already exists

Would be pretty busted with the 'you get the effect whenever you roll a pain effect' item

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

teethgrinder posted:

Awesome, I'll let you know. But yeah, I figured it was worth mentioning because I haven't noticed other games/apps do that.

That's funny, because I think all three games I play regularly override the volume like you describe.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

hooah posted:

That's funny, because I think all three games I play regularly override the volume like you describe.

When game volume is set to 0? The priority stuff is messy in Android (and Bluetooth), but nothing else I play does it when sound is shut off on the app. Some stuff seems able to mix it too with other app sound no problem. (On Android, not Bluetooth.)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nemico posted:

There's an item that straight up negates the pain keyword.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

teethgrinder posted:

When game volume is set to 0? The priority stuff is messy in Android (and Bluetooth), but nothing else I play does it when sound is shut off on the app. Some stuff seems able to mix it too with other app sound no problem. (On Android, not Bluetooth.)

Yup, with the in-game volume setting(s) all the way down.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Every time I play Slice and Dice, I'm reminded of some sort of turn based RPG where hurting an enemy also reduced that unit's strength and attack power.

It was a different way to approach and strategize fights, because you could either completely kill a given enemy, or at least reduce their power so they weren't a big threat.

Anyone know of what game or games I'm referring to?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Every time I play Slice and Dice, I'm reminded of some sort of turn based RPG where hurting an enemy also reduced that unit's strength and attack power.

It was a different way to approach and strategize fights, because you could either completely kill a given enemy, or at least reduce their power so they weren't a big threat.

Anyone know of what game or games I'm referring to?

Sounds like Advance Wars-style games.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

teethgrinder posted:

Sounds like Advance Wars-style games.

That or Heroes of Might and Magic

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Banner Saga did that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Miftan posted:

There's an item that straight up negates the pain keyword.

There is also one that adds Drain to two sides, which are usually the two pain sides. Which negates it too.