Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Anti-Hero posted:

In my 10 man league I impulsively dropped my last draft pick bench warmer, Jarvis Landry, for Murray once the news broke. That may or may not have been a mistake.

Drafted Gus Bus in my other 14 man league and had to do something similar (Williams was already gone).

Absolutely worth picking him up for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not for Jarvis Landry though

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012

0.5PPR
I need to drop somebody to pick up a D/ST, but struggling. Is it Stafford? I'm RB heavy, but I'm worried about dropping any of them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You're in a 1qb league and have Herbert. You don't need a second QB.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

This league has no waiver wire (fully aware this is dumb, not my decision) and a weekly transaction limit, so after thinking about it I made the swap right back :v:

Need to not gently caress with my roster the first week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What even is fantasy football without the anxiety that causes you to have five new guys on your bench every week?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

kiimo posted:

Rather have lottery tickets than Landry in a 10 man. Especially if he's like my WR5.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

freeman posted:

Rather have lottery tickets than Landry in a 10 man. Especially if he's like my WR5.

I’d rather have Landry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like guys like Landry and Tee Higgins are important aspects of your point floor. They make a lot of catches in a game and don't crap out.

I also like lottery tickets but I wouldn't describe Latavius Murray as one.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
People hate on Landry despite him consistently WR 20 something for all but his rookie year. He's rock solid and doesn't drop <5 points half the season like Evans and Julio.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

kiimo posted:

I feel like guys like Landry and Tee Higgins are important aspects of your point floor. They make a lot of catches in a game and don't crap out.

Murray is at best a scratch off. That whole backfield scares me.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

kiimo posted:

Landry was pretty mediocre for most of last year. Even for multiple weeks after OBJ died. Higgins looks to be far better than a floor guy.

Don't see how Murray isn't a lottery ticket. Looks like he's walking into being the backup to a guy who was a 4th stringer a few weeks ago in the most run heavy offense in the league.

I just think if he's at the end of the bench and likely never going to be started unless multiple injuries, why not use that roster spot chasing upside?

freeman fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 10, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tee Higgins shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Landry. He’s a legit starter. Landry is a fine flex or fill in guy. Murray is many many tiers below both of them and is like a “I hope maybe one day if the stars align I’ll be lucky enough to be able to feel confident enough to start this guy.”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Jarvis outscored Tee last year lol

In ppr anyway. Just behind Tee in half

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Addition of jamarr chase muddies Higgins a little too, after his rookie production I was hoping he'd be getting monster volume this year

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Tee Higgins shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Landry. He’s a legit starter. Landry is a fine flex or fill in guy. Murray is many many tiers below both of them and is like a “I hope maybe one day if the stars align I’ll be lucky enough to be able to feel confident enough to start this guy.”

That’s where I’m at. I mean, if you’re considering starting someone like Murray or Bell or Freeman you’re betting that an 29+ year old FA RB will have a career resurrection or be a goal line monster

I mean yeah good waiver wire RBs are scarce but you know what to expect from these dudes and if you’re considering starting any your team is in trouble anyway

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

latavius murray is gonna score 200+ ppr points this season as a Raven

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

pmchem posted:

Spicy

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jarvis outscored Tee last year lol

In ppr anyway. Just behind Tee in half

Sleeper has Higgins outscoring in ppr. That's with Burrow and OBJ missing half the year.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

That’s about where I’m at. Guess we’ll all find out in a few weeks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Not positive, but I think that would've made him like RB13 or something last year. So uh I'm taking the under on that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

freeman posted:

Sleeper has Higgins outscoring in ppr. That's with Burrow and OBJ missing half the year.

Well poo poo going back I mixed that up. Still 10 point difference. Jarvis is better than people give him credit because he doesn't get all his points in 4-6 games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well poo poo going back I mixed that up. Still 10 point difference. Jarvis is better than people give him credit because he doesn't get all his points in 4-6 games.

Yea didn’t mean to say Landry was a bum but he’s on the downslope of his career while Higgins had a nice rookie season and WR’s usually take a big step their second year.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Landry is definitely underrated talent wise but his big seasons came under Gase and his love of hyper-targeting slot receivers. Landry is a great receiver but not in a good situation for fantasy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Not in ppr or half

He might not be doing well with Stefanski is the only criticism he deserves.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Since I started the whole Jarvis Landry & Murray talk, it's only fair I throw up my roster.

10 man PPR, 2 keeper dynasty, drafted 4th, 1QB/2WR/2RB/FLX/K/DST

QB: Burrow
WR: Amari Cooper, AJ Brown, Tee Higgins, Kenny Golladay, Jarvis Landry, DJ Chark Jr.
RB: CMC, Derrick Henry, James Robinson, Mike Davis, James Conner, Kenyan Drake
TE: Hockenson
K: Koo
D/ST: Buffalo

I drafted using Beersheets and focused on positional scarcity, didn't take a QB until round 11, etc. Second year using this method and it served me well last year (2nd place in this league, 4th in my 14 man).

FYI Murray was scooped back up after I went back to Landry by the same guy rostering Williams. I expected this, and initially grabbed Murray as a block. Both of us I think were blocking the Gus Bus owner.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Looks like Baltimore just signed Latavius Murray. He's gotta be the guy to get now, right?

Impossible to say at this point but Ty'Son Williams is going to get the first crack as the starter. He has a full training camp with the team under him and impressed in preseason. The sketchy part is that he's a 25 year old undrafted rookie.

On the other hand, Murray is almost 32 and has always basically been a JAG. He only gets the starting job if Williams isn't ready for prime time. Ideally you grab both if you have room, but Williams is the guy to hold if you can only have one.

I'd be shocked if either Bell or Freeman are factors at all.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Wherever you fall on Lat Murray talk, let's all agree that the 77% of FAAB spent overnight by someone in my league was too much.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was never really meaning to say which of Landry or Higgins is better, I have both and am starting Higgins for sure.

And also the Chiefs are putting their best DB L'Jarius Sneed on Landry this week if the rumors can be believed which puts OBJ up against either Charvarious Ward or Mike Hughes which if OBJ is really "back" that's a matchup problem.

I guess I could be wrong about Latavius Murray. He didn't get signed to the practice squad like the others, so conceivably he's the backup to Ty'son Williams, not Trenton Cannon and neither Le'Veon Bell nor Devonta Freeman. Yet.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Popero posted:

Wherever you fall on Lat Murray talk, let's all agree that the 77% of FAAB spent overnight by someone in my league was too much.

Went for 17% in my 12-team league beating out my 1% and other bids of 0, 3, 6, and 11.

Levin fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 11, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol all these anecdotes about scrambling for a RB while I'm over here having drafted to many RBs in one of my 12-team leagues.

I don't know whether or not to be smug about that :ohdear:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Levin posted:

Went for 17% in my 12-team league beating out my 1% and other bids of 0, 3, 6, and 11.

17% is too low.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Murray went for 36% in my only league where he was available (I put in a bid for 26). Feel like that was a bit more reasonable than some of the crazy amounts I’ve seen.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I picked up Murray as soon as he was released from NO because he was definitely going to sign somewhere and Baltimore seemed likely. Hope it’s worth it since I dropped Curtis Samuel in two leagues for him.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I picked him up for 0% faab as a FA lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sweeper posted:

I picked him up for 0% faab as a FA lol

This is how it should be.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Any IR stashes out there for later in the season? MT is taken already. I see Curtis Samuel is out there on my waiver wire… Just curious if you guys know of any that might be worth it

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I've got Samuel and Bateman chilling in my IR spots

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Floofy posted:

Any IR stashes out there for later in the season? MT is taken already. I see Curtis Samuel is out there on my waiver wire… Just curious if you guys know of any that might be worth it

feels like this season has been thin for "we really hope this guy comes back this season."

as though injuries this offseason were either minor enough to keep on the 53 or season ending without much in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Cohen or Hilton could be worth a look if you have multiple IR spots