Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is TY Hilton out there? Or Michael Thomas? Will Fuller? Rashod Bateman? Tre'Quan Smith? Darrynton Evans will be back and if Henry goes down that's a good add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Floofy posted:

Any IR stashes out there for later in the season? MT is taken already. I see Curtis Samuel is out there on my waiver wire… Just curious if you guys know of any that might be worth it
Echoing the Rashod Bateman mentions. He was a 1st round draft pick and the Ravens are going to throw more than they originally planned on doing.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I dropped McKissic for Murray. Hopefully Gibson holds up for me this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are any of the Texans RBs worth rostering in a 10 team league? I have David Johnson on my bench and I’m wondering if it’s even worth holding in instead of a lottery ticket like Pollard or Rhamondre Stevenson.

0.5 ppr

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Are any of the Texans RBs worth rostering in a 10 team league? I have David Johnson on my bench and I’m wondering if it’s even worth holding in instead of a lottery ticket like Pollard or Rhamondre Stevenson.

0.5 ppr

I think so, but tough to know who. Seems like maybe Ingram or Lindsay is the better bet, likeliest thing is you'll dump DJ after a week or two when he's getting just a couple touches a game. But who knows.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm hoping DJ gets traded so I'm holding him for now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I have DJ in one league and Ingram in another but I feel like I’d be better off grabbing someone else. I guess I’ll see what happens in week 1.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Echoing the Rashod Bateman mentions. He was a 1st round draft pick and the Ravens are going to throw more than they originally planned on doing.

Got him straight to the ir without having to drop anyone. Thanks for the suggestion guys

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RCarr posted:

0.5 ppr

Imagine having a dead rotting corpse like David Johnson rostered and looking down your nose at Murray. smh

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Imagine having a dead rotting corpse like David Johnson rostered and looking down your nose at Murray. smh

:emptyquote:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tiptoes posted:

Good call there. Added Bateman straight to an IR spot in a few leagues. He was a big time target in dynasty, but redraft… not so much.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Yea I have DJ in one league and Ingram in another but I feel like I’d be better off grabbing someone else. I guess I’ll see what happens in week 1.
All three Texans RBs are on the waiver wire in one of my leagues (12 team PPR) and I considered adding one, but, eh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: reply is not edit, sorry

I just checked and Phillip Lindsay is still available in that league and I feel like he'll eventually be the lead back, but I dont think its worth dropping Zack Moss, Tony Jones, or Bryan Edwards for him.
edit2: My other RBs are Kamara, Henderson, and Javonte.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lindsay feels like the only back with trade value on the Texans and I'm surprised the ravens didn't go get him. Texans backs only have value if they're traded. The team is going to throw 80 times a game and the line loving sucks rear end

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
speaking of messy backfields, anyone have any interest in the jets backfield?

im weirdly optimistic that ty johnson takes over the backfield for some rb2 numbers

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

got some chores tonight posted:

speaking of messy backfields, anyone have any interest in the jets backfield?

im weirdly optimistic that ty johnson takes over the backfield for some rb2 numbers
Right there with you. Robert Saleh took John Benton, SF's o-line coach and run game coordinator, with him to the Jets. Benton is also a Kubiak disciple from his time with the Texans (their o-line coach from 06-13). I think they have the pieces and the coaching to be a surprisingly productive rushing attack and Ty Johnson is a very underrated player to gamble on right now.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 12, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ty Johnson is the best FOOTBALL PLAYER who plays RB for the Jets but they are going to use all 5 guys a lot this year and I don't think you'll ever feel good about starting any of them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys like him over Michael Carter?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Floofy posted:

Got him straight to the ir without having to drop anyone. Thanks for the suggestion guys

What platform would let you do that? That makes no sense.

Unless you had an empty roster spot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

What platform would let you do that? That makes no sense.

Unless you had an empty roster spot.

Yahoo allows you to add players directly to a non-bench reserve spot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I’m on Yahoo and it does not

Bateman is a free agent and I have a free IR slot but I can’t add him without dropping someone.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

You guys like him over Michael Carter?
I like him over Carter for this season. Carter is a day 3 pick who is somewhat undersized (5'8 201 lbs) and lacks explosiveness (4.59 forty with a 28th-percentile Speed Score and a 42nd-percentile Burst Score). His strengths are his elusiveness and his pass catching but those sort've traits don't immediately pop in year 1. Elusive guys who aren't above average athletes typically need time to adjust to the speed of NFL defenders and pass catchers need time to memorize the passing plays while working on their blitz pickups. His best comparable player is Devonta Freeman who was not much of a factor as a rookie. To me, he looks like a guy who needs time to get his feet wet in the NFL first and will max out as a satellite back in year 1. Meanwhile Ty Johnson has already been through that adjustment period and now looks ready to play NFL-level football while being bigger and more explosive than Carter. And since he can catch passes too, Carter likely won't have a monopoly on passing downs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

I’m on Yahoo and it does not

It's a setting that you can turn on.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Yep, Yahoo for me too. Maybe it’s in the league settings somewhere that allows it. I was going to drop someone/put him on ir/pick my guy back up before someone scooped him (we have no waivers, everyone’s direct to fa) but it let me add straight to ir.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Yes that is a setting you can control on Yahoo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a reason why anyone would turn that on? Seems very weird.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Would you drop Jamaal Williams to handcuff Miles Sanders with either Scott or Gainwell? I don't have Swift.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The commissioner in my Yahoo league must have it turned off. A guy drafted Michael Thomas and he filled an IR spot. I tried adding Bateman and couldn’t without dropping someone. So I guess it’s different between drafting a dude on IR and picking one up as a FA for some reason :shrug:

Edit: ^^^ I’d stick with Williams because Swift is already banged up and god knows what’s going to happen with the Eagles backfield

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 12, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well if you draft a dude he’s on your roster. You can then move him to IR. If a guy is a free agent he’s not on your roster, so you shouldn’t be able to put him on IR.

Idk why you’d want people to be able to add directly to IR, that doesn’t make any sense.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Well if you draft a dude he’s on your roster. You can then move him to IR. If a guy is a free agent he’s not on your roster, so you shouldn’t be able to put him on IR.

Idk why you’d want people to be able to add directly to IR, that doesn’t make any sense.

Because it's weird to make someone have an free roster spot to put the IR guy into, when the IR spot is the roster spot for him. I think most people see the IR spot as any other bench spot that just happens to require IR or PUP status to go into, not as some totally distinct thing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Because you should have to take some sort of risk to pick up a player. By dropping a bench player to do so. Why should there be no risk to add a guy that’s hurt? Otherwise every single player ever to go on IR will instantly be picked up and added to a teams IR spot, and that’s stupid.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Because you should have to take some sort of risk to pick up a player. By dropping a bench player to do so. Why should there be no risk to add a guy that’s hurt? Otherwise every single player ever to go on IR will instantly be picked up and added to a teams IR spot, and that’s stupid.

I don't get it, why should you have to take a risk to pick up a player? You don't take a risk to add someone to an open bench spot. And yeah, everyone should be stashing someone in their IR spot, why is that stupid?

edit: not trying to be an rear end in a top hat or anything, I just don't get it. Like I said, to me, IR (or taxi spot in dynasty) is just a bench spot that requires a specific injury status (or rookie status) to put someone in. In dynasty, it's the same to me, everyone should fill all their taxi spots with someone, because there's literally no benefit to not doing so

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 12, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea sorry if I came off aggressively, I don’t mean to offend.

But there are a finite amount of bench slots. To add a player to your team you need an open bench slot. Which means dropping a player from your roster. Which is a risk of watching them blow up on someone else’s team. If you already have an open bench slot from a trade or whatever, then you already took that risk by sending them away. It just seems weird to have a loophole to get a lottery ticket for free, with no risk.

You used taxi squads as an example. But you have to have an open bench slot to roster a player before you put them on a taxi squad. Why not the same with IR?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 12, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
IR spots are stupid

5 bench no IR should be the standard

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

You used taxi squads as an example. But you have to have an open bench slot to roster a player before you put them on a taxi squad. Why not the same with IR?

Think we just have to disagree lol, all my leagues are add straight to taxi and I'd be annoyed if they weren't. It just isn't a loophole imo, those IR or taxi spots are there to use like any other bench spot, you can just only add certain players to them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

freeman posted:

IR spots are stupid

I think 1 is fine. One of my league has 3 this year and it's too many.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

freeman posted:

IR spots are stupid

I agree with no IR spots normally. But with COVID you should have some way of not dropping starters if a bunch of your players all get COVID the same week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah in redraft I prefer none I think, dynasty typically 2 or 3 seems fine but we bumped it up to 5 or 6 for last season and it was a bit much.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

RCarr posted:

I agree with no IR spots normally. But with COVID you should have some way of not dropping starters if a bunch of your players all get COVID the same week.

My main league did 2 covid only IR spots last year which I think is fine. Rules were it had to be someone you already had rostered and they had to be removed within 3 days of losing the tag or they were dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Last year I had two Titans and three Steelers on my redraft team and their game got postponed because of the plague. So surprise bye week for all those guys

I was playing the commissioner that week and I lost of course and I replied to his gloating that it’s hard to win when you get hosed by that and he replied that I should have drafted a better team

Of course next week he got hit with COVID issues and added 2 IR spots to league rosters