Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

paperwind posted:

Of course I brought it, I ain't stupid, lol. Plus a ton of N95 masks. I think the only difference between Japan and America with regard to the pandemic is that Japan will probably end up with a higher vax rate.

There's a very solid anti-vax base here. There's a multitude of reasons for that, some of them - unlike in the US - actually sound such as the government using vax as a cover to conduct basically eugenics by involuntarily sterilizing people - and no I don't mean WW2 I mean in recent modern times. lmao. welcome! welcome to Japan!

I certainly got at least four anti vax flyers into my post-box.
I kinda regret binning them now.

Also an anti vax poster at my local notice board, which I tore down because it was just pure-strain BS assigning the COVID deaths to the vax.
It's the chrono-trigger of vaccines, it actually goes back in times and kills them before they even get it.

VomitOnLino fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Looks like an end product of a ragdoll loving a maine coon very much

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Floor jack is not up to code but the inspector didn't tell me when I bought the house, ain't my loving problem, floor is stable.

you used to work construction iirc, if you're feeling spry some day it's not a big deal to cut a 24" x 24" x 8" trench and place a proper footer :

but if it ain't broke .....

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

Looks like an end product of a ragdoll loving a maine coon very much

depends on size I think, I think norwegian forest cat is more likely than maine coon but im no expert

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

you used to work construction iirc, if you're feeling spry some day it's not a big deal to cut a 24" x 24" x 8" trench and place a proper footer :

but if it ain't broke .....

I worked in aerial utility construction, which is so loving bad that it makes putting a floor jack on a rusty mobile footing normal

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Fireside Nut posted:

one of the biggest perks of being WFH for so long now is that I haven't had to have anyone ask me if I watch Big Bang Theory and then go on to tell me how much I'd like it if I try it

well? do you?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
what is the floor jack you all are talking about?

here is my cat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

VomitOnLino posted:

There's a very solid anti-vax base here. There's a multitude of reasons for that, some of them - unlike in the US - actually sound such as the government using vax as a cover to conduct basically eugenics by involuntarily sterilizing people - and no I don't mean WW2 I mean in recent modern times. lmao. welcome! welcome to Japan!

I certainly got at least four anti vax flyers into my post-box.
I kinda regret binning them now.

Also an anti vax poster at my local notice board, which I tore down because it was just pure-strain BS assigning the COVID deaths to the vax.
It's the chrono-trigger of vaccines, it actually goes back in times and kills them before they even get it.

I can co-sign on this. Although Japan is better than the US about wearing masks, vaccine hesitancy is way higher, around 45-55%

They have insane rumor-mongering about vaccines like in the US, just more of it

Moderna having contaminated batches is just going to make it worse

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tuyop posted:

here is my cat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Steve Yun posted:

I can co-sign on this. Although Japan is better than the US about wearing masks, vaccine hesitancy is way higher, around 45-55%

Yup.

Two, or three young (younger than me!) men died from those batches under similar circumstances.
Yet the "investigation" in this was handled, in typical Japan fashion I must add, so kack-handed that they failed to prove a link.

You'd have to be delusional to not see this as adding massive amounts of oil to the anti vax fire here

Also on the Eugenics, because it's so far out (for westerners) I decided to add some sources here, just to prove I'm not some crank.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/08/a6192eed60c4-court-rules-defunct-eugenics-law-unconstitutional-denies-damages.html

that article posted:

In 1994, a disabled Japanese woman called for abolishing the law at the U.N.-coordinated International Conference on Population and Development held in Egypt, which became a catalyst for its abolition two years later.
lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

that's, ,,, uhh,,, wow,,, !

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

one time i ordered 200 whippets off ebay and they came loose in a box. the postman asked me if it was ammo.
one day, after spending a couple weeks knocking out half the box, i did four whippets in a row, and lost all feeling in my hands for the next week. pretty weird tattooing with numb hands but eventually it went away and i never did another whippet again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

please don't let your cat do whip its

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Not horse or cat dewormer. Voted 1

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

one time i ordered 200 whippets off ebay and they came loose in a box. the postman asked me if it was ammo.
one day, after spending a couple weeks knocking out half the box, i did four whippets in a row, and lost all feeling in my hands for the next week. pretty weird tattooing with numb hands but eventually it went away and i never did another whippet again.

my wife used to work at a head shop as the assistant manager, and their basement door got hosed up by a car backing into it and didn't get fixed for almost a year. this pallet of whippits was in there and the boxes had some water damage on the bottom, so they couldn't sell them anymore. they let us take them home. It was 50 boxes of whippits and every single one of them worked, and we didn't pay a cent for them. it was awesome.

um, you lost all feeling in your hands for a week? did you go to a doctor? cause that's weird and I've never heard of anything remotely like that happening from using nitrous

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

tuyop posted:

here is my cat

it's the post in PFCs basement, I was just nitpicking in the traditional goony manner

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

i can hear this picture

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

empty whippet box posted:

my wife used to work at a head shop as the assistant manager, and their basement door got hosed up by a car backing into it and didn't get fixed for almost a year. this pallet of whippits was in there and the boxes had some water damage on the bottom, so they couldn't sell them anymore. they let us take them home. It was 50 boxes of whippits and every single one of them worked, and we didn't pay a cent for them. it was awesome.

um, you lost all feeling in your hands for a week? did you go to a doctor? cause that's weird and I've never heard of anything remotely like that happening from using nitrous

of the top of my head I think it's b6 deficiency neuropathy :gary:

e: my b it's b12 deficiency. Nitrous inhibits vitamin B12 metabolism in dose-dependent manner

lil poopendorfer fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 12, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also, reported for inaccurate username

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

i can hear this picture

*pCHHHSSSSSSSS* oooooaaaaaa huh huh huh huh

lil poopendorfer posted:

of the top of my head I think it's b6 deficiency neuropathy :gary:

I think you're probably right that it's something vitamin b related but nitrous only fucks with your vitamin b if you seriously abuse the gently caress out of it, and even that can be easily mitigated! but if someone already has a vitamin b deficiency then I guess using wippits could be dangerous for them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

um, you lost all feeling in your hands for a week? did you go to a doctor?

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
no of course not i went to work and hoped it went away

this was ~11 years ago

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Just realized: user/post

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i can finally join in the covid cat posting

adopted her today, was not at all planning to have a cat yet but someone was moving out of the country and couldn't take her and she has feline leukemia so going to a shelter here is an instant death sentence. spent today getting everything ready for her and she's really sweet but of course kinda freaked out about being in a new environment. seems to be in good health and she's only 7 months old so apparently there's still a chance that her body might naturally shed the virus / handle it well enough to live a long life

no idea what kind of cat she is, guessing a mix since she was originally rescued off of the street as a kitten

she is the only kind of cat that matters: A VERY GOOD CAT

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

my boy enjoying a sunbeam

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

adopted her today, was not at all planning to have a cat yet but someone was moving out of the country and couldn't take her and she has feline leukemia so going to a shelter here is an instant death sentence. spent today getting everything ready for her and she's really sweet but of course kinda freaked out about being in a new environment. seems to be in good health and she's only 7 months old so apparently there's still a chance that her body might naturally shed the virus / handle it well enough to live a long life

no idea what kind of cat she is, guessing a mix since she was originally rescued off of the street as a kitten

she is gorgeous
going to say she definitely has some tabby in her ancestry and possibly some Siamese from the way only her points are coloured and the rest is white and her eyes being blue. Her face shape isn’t Siamese though and her build and face looks like a typical shorthair.
boop that snoot (safely)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VomitOnLino posted:

Just realized: user/post

I'm nothing if not authentic

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

*pCHHHSSSSSSSS* oooooaaaaaa huh huh huh huh
clinkclinkclinkclinkclicnk

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Steve Yun posted:

So what you're saying is when Japan inevitably fails to meet its goals for vaccination rate, then it's Open Suga (well, whichever LDP ghoul replaces him)?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Rubby posted:

she is the only kind of cat that matters: A VERY GOOD CAT

:hai:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

clinkclinkclinkclinkclicnk

I rarely get a chance to point this out, so I will say that I chose this name because as anyone who has done nitrous enough time knows, once you're at the end of your wippits you'll probably wind up looking through the spent cartridges to see if you missed a good one. the brutal truth is that, like my posts, it's never a good one

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I haven’t had whippets in years, but ime the trick was to smoke enough weed that you forget about the whippets just as you run out and then go find something else fun to do.

Now I want whippets.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

At first glance I thought this was all boxes of the horse paste

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tuyop posted:

here is my cat

hold up

tuyop is white? have I confused you with another militantly black poster?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Teenage Riot posted:

At first glance I thought this was all boxes of the horse paste

you fool, thats a picture of what you need to whip yourself into a posting frenzy

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Coldrice posted:

Ok another update on Covid Sim. There are now two factions vying for influence - the pro-vax and anti-vax factions. Eventually one will gain the upper hand in each room. Hanging signs adjusted the influence in that area. Usually around 5-7 days for influence to take hold.

There is a small chance a character will get vaxxed on their own. A character who turns pro-vax is more likely to get vaccinated. A character who is anti-vax has a 0% chance to get vaccinated on their own.

I'm going to take a break now i think, but I might pick it up again later tonight for small things that come across my mind as I think of them.

gently caress yes,this is the hook to turn this into a Game to be Played

great job this is really cool

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

hold up

tuyop is white? have I confused you with another militantly black poster?

*opens Goons.xls* uhhhh excuse me, but I believe tuyop is a former military poster, not militant poster

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I wonder how many people have an actual goon spreadsheet.

I, as a civilized individual, have an Oracle schema with dozens of tables tracking you goddamn weirdos. :smug:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I rarely get a chance to point this out, so I will say that I chose this name because as anyone who has done nitrous enough time knows, once you're at the end of your wippits you'll probably wind up looking through the spent cartridges to see if you missed a good one. the brutal truth is that, like my posts, it's never a good one

when i saw some friends doing that it was so weird, because my system never mixed full and spent carts, so there was no point in digging.

but he searched the floor and managed to find a full one to do with breakfast.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

look at how good this fukkin catte is you are so lucky and so is she

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

look at how good this fukkin catte is you are so lucky and so is she