Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
WWE should have used the name TRUCK WILLIAMS and given him Braun's old gimmick, except it's big honks instead of choo choos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

fez_machine posted:

WWE should have used the name TRUCK WILLIAMS and given him Braun's old gimmick, except it's big honks instead of choo choos

Only if he's given a magic tattoo that comes alive and kills his enemies.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Gavok posted:

is that ricochet?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gavok posted:

Self High 0

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

is that ricochet?

"Ricochet grew up on a farm in Wigamau, PA. When his best friend punched him in the neck, he vowed to find him and show him that was not satisfactory behavior"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

"Ricochet grew up on a farm in Wigamau, PA. When his best friend punched him in the neck, he vowed to find him and show him that was not satisfactory behavior"

I appreciate the deep cut.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benne posted:

El Generico is an embarrassingly dated gimmick and I'm sure Rami Sebei would be smart enough not to bring it back

THANK YOU, ffs people wanting El Generico back is super gross.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
His real name is Rami Sebai. That turns into the very memorable and easy to chant Sami Rebel so drat easily

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sami could be Rebel's rowdy brother.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

coconono posted:

Sami could be Rebel's rowdy brother.

Sami Rebel (not Reba).

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jeroen posted:

Tony Khan is the Masahiro Sakurai of wrestling at this point.

who is the waluigi

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

who is the waluigi

Kidd Bandit

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

who is the waluigi

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1417648859828736002

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

I've always thought it was surprising that after Kenny had a respectable run on the Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise, WWE never tried to slide someone on the payroll onto the show.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://twitter.com/JohanNDaCut/status/1436848386406223874

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm surprised they haven't banned CM Punk shirts by this point.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

He's so loving mad about it it's amazing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Davros1 posted:

New Names!

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1436575241086464002?s=20

TONY D'ANGELO
GUNNAR HARLAND
PERSIA PIROTTA
TRICK WILLIAMS
DANTE CHEN

I'd like to think on that last one, they heard all the buzz Dante Martin's gotten, and thought "Well, WE'LL have a Dante too!"

Two mysteries solved, Persia Pirotta is the new name of Steph Delandre

and this is Trick

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hire Treat Williams and put him on commentary.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

Hire Treat Williams and put him on commentary.

Sorry

It's Trick or Treat

Not both

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

Bandido and Dragon Lee would be good additions to AEW, I've heard , via podcast, that Rush can be difficult to deal with so he can stay where he is.

Rush is so good that I think he at least deserves a chance. Just take all three and put them with Andrade as Los Ingobernables de AEW, they can always kick Rush out if he pulls an Ivelisse.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shrimpy posted:

I've always thought it was surprising that after Kenny had a respectable run on the Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise, WWE never tried to slide someone on the payroll onto the show.

Considering that the women audience is keeping Raw's head above water they really should.

I think an ROH/WWE working agreement would have solved some problems that both companies have, even if WWE is going back to their roots of being anti-indy. ROH would probably happily send some white dudes with bad beards over to be jobbers on NXT and the WWE has so many unused good women workers that could really help ROH's women's division which has some potential but needs some help.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Why is El Generico a dated gimmick and it’s gross to want it back? Honest question, I have zero idea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You really don't see any potential issues with a white guy pretending to be Latino?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Why is El Generico a dated gimmick and it’s gross to want it back? Honest question, I have zero idea

It is dated and doesn’t really fit in with the times even with the notoriously always dated wrestling but the “gross” thing is just handwringing and hyperbole and getting mad at things that aren’t happening.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

would you call a dude with two Syrian parents white , I dunno. Not trolling, asking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

getting mad at things that aren’t happening.

So much of that here, I see it so much. People fantasy book these bizarre situations to get annoyed at. It’s so weird. Literally making up things and then complaining about them. I don’t get it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

would you call a dude with two Syrian parents white , I dunno. Not trolling, asking

I honestly have no idea, Homs where his family is from had at the time they immigrated a lot of different kinds of people there, but Sami doesn’t identify himself as white

https://twitter.com/samizayn/status/507773851934019584?s=21

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you are fantasy booking the outrage against el generico. it's just a really stupid gimmick that should never have been done. nobody who isn't a fat strong japanese guy from 1992 should come out pretending to be one and yelling one japanese word either. except eddie kingston

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

You really don't see any potential issues with a white guy pretending to be Latino?

I literally don’t know anything else about the gimmick than the name ”El Generico”

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I didn't realise people actually thought Sami was white white lol.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Trick Williams is Matrick Beltron who played for the Gamecocks college football team, and i guess was already going by Trick Beltron. He was training in CZW apparently.

The big white dude that sort of looks like a young brock with worse tattoo, Parker Boudreaux, is Gunnar Harland.

Joe Ariola is Tony D'Angelo, former college wrestler for Buffalo

no idea who Dante Chen is yet

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe Ariola

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

Joe Ariola

One of the extremely rare instances where the nxt name is actually an improvement

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Not To Me.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

The big white dude that sort of looks like a young brock with worse tattoo, Parker Boudreaux, is Gunnar Harland.

How bad are these tattoos? Brock's chest penis and skull/pelvis? thing on his back are pretty bad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he's coming for cody's throne

Maigius posted:

How bad are these tattoos? Brock's chest penis and skull/pelvis? thing on his back are pretty bad.

this guy with the lovely sleeves

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he's coming for cody's throne

GUN NAR
HAR LAND

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Davros1 posted:

It's being reported that Kevin Dunn will be overseeing the TV production of NXT 2.0 with what is being described as a "skeleton crew".

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

this guy with the lovely sleeves

Those are some lovely sleeves. The paw prints feel very puppy paws to me, like some cute puppy got its paws covered in ink and walked on his arm.