Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

Since we're shifting topics your current avatar keeps making me double take

yea someone went hog wild with avs for cspam posters it seems, most threads there are a wall of dapper seals now!

YggiDee posted:

I still think the One Piece is a spaceship

god it'd be the most Oda thing for the end of OP to set up One Piece Part Two: Two Piece In Space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't even mean as a sequel hook, I just think Luffy's gonna yell "Let's go be Space Pirates!" and then it's just the legend continues...

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

One Piece Part Two: Two Piece In Space

lmfao

YggiDee posted:

I don't even mean as a sequel hook, I just think Luffy's gonna yell "Let's go be Space Pirates!" and then it's just the legend continues...

There's a fan theory that Luffy will die at the end and basically be the next gold roger who kicks off the next age of pirates. I don't want it to be true because I hope Luffy gets to live happily ever after but the fan theory was pretty convincing to be honest. Lots of Oda foreshadowing and you know how much Oda loves his foreshadowing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank god i can't read

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Maybe one day I'll watch/read One Piece but I'm too busy trying to watch all the Gundams. Even the bad ones.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Ibblebibble posted:

Maybe one day I'll watch/read One Piece but I'm too busy trying to watch all the Gundams. Even the bad ones.

Be sure to let us know what you think of G-Saviour!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I do not have enough alcohol in my house to be able to withstand G-Saviour. I might save it for the very end, I might just put in a "no live-action" clause.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

My theory is that the One Piece is the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, and the reason the first guy laughed when he found it was because the tree wasn't fully grown and he had to wait for the fruit to actually come back.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

One Piece is just a really nice gun

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

one piece is a prequel to code geass

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ibblebibble posted:

I do not have enough alcohol in my house to be able to withstand G-Saviour. I might save it for the very end, I might just put in a "no live-action" clause.

Enjoy your head getting ripped off by the editing whiplash in Twilight Axis.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Honestly the best part of G-Saviour is the fact that it's over in an hour and a half.

It's bad, but it's not even really the funny bad, that you can have a couple beers and riff on with friends, just the "who greenlight this? how did this get made and released?" bad

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

one piece is the one with the orange ninja who says believe it

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dawgstar posted:

one piece is the one with the orange ninja who says believe it

NO thats BLEACH. One Piece is the one with the Joestar family

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer Jessie and James tbh. They're Kaiba Corp's top employees.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
What's the one where they yell about playing CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES? Is that Evangelion?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is GI Joe anime? If Transformers is anime, I don’t see how it can not be anime too.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The one piece is in fact a 100 lb. Steel Strickland Propane Cylinder with Multi-Valve

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

What's the one where they yell about playing CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES? Is that Evangelion?

Yugioh 5D's should be way more popular on here than Evangelion given the former explicitly tackles capitalism.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is GI Joe anime? If Transformers is anime, I don’t see how it can not be anime too.

Transformers (1984-87) is not anime; it was written and produced in New York City by Marvel, based on a treatment created at Marvel Comics. Its animation was outsourced to numerous east asian animation studios, including anime studios like TMS.

In Japan, the show was dubbed into Japanese as Fight! Super Robot Life-Form Transformers!. When its third season there ended, Takara (Hasbro's partner in the project and the source of the original toys from Diaclone and Microchange) commissioned several anime series that follow up on the plot of the third season (but ignore the very brief fourth season/miniseries). The Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, and Victory are anime.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines aren't anime, they're canadian. But Takara did make Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, which are anime, as well as Car Robots

Robots In Disguise (2001) is a dub of Car Robots brought over to fill the gap between Beast Machines and the very close co-production that was Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. which are anime, but often the english dub, with unfinished animation, aired first!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That’s a lot more complicated than I was expecting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Transformers always is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Transformers is not anime, Power Rangers and CastleVania is anime.

And One Piece is the show with the billionaire ninja fighting the same arch-enemy over and over again despite having an overflowing ocean of more interesting nemesis to choose from when they're not busy rehashing their origin story or being annoyingly supportive of the police.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Is it too obvious for "one piece" to be completely literal and all the treasure got melted into one gigantic blob that's so unwieldy that you can't actually use it for anything?

And then Luffy and the gang manage to stuff it all into Elijah's head and walk away with it anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Is it too obvious for "one piece" to be completely literal and all the treasure got melted into one gigantic blob that's so unwieldy that you can't actually use it for anything?

And then Luffy and the gang manage to stuff it all into Elijah's head and walk away with it anyway.

I mean by that point in chapter 4300 Luffy will have ascended to literally being a cartoon and just punch it so hard it turns into statues and castles and coins, etc like he's Popeye.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Thank you for all your answers, I am now marginally more aware of what a One Piece is. I think. Something about friendship and capitalism.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it’s about a floppy boy

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I hope the One Piece turns out to be the stereotypical pirate chest full of gold, and people are like "yeah, that makes sense. I don't know what we were expecting."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SimonChris posted:

I hope the One Piece turns out to be the stereotypical pirate chest full of gold

One Piece of Eight.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One piece of rear end

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The One Piece will be revealed to be literal, as in a single piece of gold, Roger spent the rest and laughed his rear end off at the thought of thousands of pirates dying to get their hands on it.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
A good video about allyship.
F.D Signifier- "How to be an Ally (BMB #14)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GBygr4zqc

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

NikkolasKing posted:

Yugioh 5D's should be way more popular on here than Evangelion given the former explicitly tackles capitalism.

5D’s first half ends with classism being defeated because the main characters built a bridge.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I follow a pretty niche Japanese channel that plays around with those quirky gadgets and stuff you see in souvenir stores, like a anatomy puzzle of a cow and what not. Guy's latest video is on Cup Noodle stuff. It's really funny how many different types of products Nissin made. Plastic models, 3 minute hourglasses, portable forks that look like markers. He doesn't talk or explain anything, just plays around with the stuff. It's a wholesome watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTllz2-AI8

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
One piece is just what they call lunch in Scotland.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vagabong posted:

One piece is just what they call lunch in Scotland.

The one piece is a bottle of irn bru

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah it is 100% the friends you made along the way.

the climax of the story's first half was the world's strongest man, a guy who saw the one piece personally, throwing the world into disarray when he uses his dying breath to announce on global radio that the one piece is real and not the friends you made along the way

have to respect the chutzpah of basically turbo-charging global piracy with a single sentence because now everyone knows that, holy poo poo, there really is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
One Piece is going to be a miniature Nami-shaped girl, who is actually a 1,000 year old gold dragon.

e-With large hooters

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Oxxidation posted:

the climax of the story's first half was the world's strongest man, a guy who saw the one piece personally, throwing the world into disarray when he uses his dying breath to announce on global radio that the one piece is real and not the friends you made along the way

have to respect the chutzpah of basically turbo-charging global piracy with a single sentence because now everyone knows that, holy poo poo, there really is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow

lmao if you think Whitebearrd wouldn't lie just to mess with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I T S T I M E

The End of iCarly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBs_hYvtd3k&ab_channel=QuintonReviews