Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Honestly, I've been waiting for the day where we have reason to kick Lewan off the team, and I'm glad it's here. gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This sucks but let’s not pull the knives out after three quarters of the first game lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Oh, it's just Lewan, I'm just excited for any sign to get rid of him specifically. Season might be fine for all I know, maybe the Cardinals are just the best drat team in the league.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This sucks but let’s not pull the knives out after three quarters of the first game lol

What about after the 5th sack

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I personally am not excited for needing a left tackle at the beginning of the season

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Isaiah Wilson fiasco’s trickle down effects are out here for everyone to see right now. Chandler Jones is amazing but this is revolting tackle play.

Glad to see the interior line holding up well but yeah, between lewan Quessenberry and lamm this is really bad. Gotta stick with the quick s tuff and keep swaim out there blocking

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Realistically the only positive takeaways here are that AJB looked excellent as always and Chester Rogers looks like a good WR3. But go ahead and put in Woodside IMO, the line can’t keep tannehill clean and this one is out of reach.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

The volume of memes on Twitter right now roasting Urban Meyer is simply not sustainable over a 17 game regular season.

Don't blow all of your good "retire for health reasons then go to USC" memes in week 1.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I love hearing all the old man talk complaining about players being allowed to wear whatever number they want

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What an absolute shitshow. Not a lot to be happy about.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Absolutely painful

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sorry you had to catch that L irl bud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

David Culley > Urban Meyer confirmed?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Intruder posted:

David Culley > Urban Meyer confirmed?

I mean if push came to shove…

I’d probably still think Meyer would be better as an NFL coach, but I’m absolutely very happy for culley.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Your division leader Houston Texans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Jags defense is going to be so bad this season

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Metapod posted:

Stop the count!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

On the one hand, there's a good chance this is the only game the Texans win.

On the other hand: super bowl. Tygod Taylor. Brandin da goat Cooks.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The game reminded me I need to pick up dog poop in the yard so lemons into lemonade and all that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

tangy yet delightful posted:

The game reminded me I need to pick up dog poop in the yard so lemons into lemonade and all that.

Lol. I opted for pruning dead tree limbs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big jeff

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Intruder posted:

The Jags defense is are going to be so bad this season

This is already a poo poo show on top decades of showing poo poo. loving getting wrecked by a Tyrod Taylor led Houston team that's rudderless and widely seen as the worst team in the league. This team, this city and this franchise are such low rent bullshit it's astonishing. This is what the Jaguars' flagship station's website looks like (and it's looked like this for 15 years)

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WJXL

The only thing that loads with any reliability are the chicken wing ads.

London calling.

EDIT:

Here's the main website lol

https://1010xl.com/

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Metapod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_4OfD-wmGs&t=95s

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Man I thought Titans fans were down bad today. Sorry padre

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

How did Wentz look today?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m probably just talking myself into justifying an L here BUT I think the Titans defense showed a bit more competence than last season which is encouraging. Jenkins looked really bad which I was expecting but overall I think the foundation is there to be better than last season. The drives on offense where we went with the quick passing game were good. This team lives and dies with Derrick Henry, if we can’t get him going then it isn’t going to matter what marginal improvements the defense has made.

I thought kristian Fulton made some good plays and aside from getting absolutely dusted on that touchdown Molden looked good too. Hooker getting hurt is gonna be a problem, hope it’s not too serious.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

How did Wentz look today?

He looked okay. Wasn’t the reason they lost. The o-line got wrecked today which is concerning.

Whole team just looked not ready at all

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Metapod posted:

Maybe benching your ahole qb is a winning move?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Technically they didn't bench him, he refuses to play

I still believe they'd play him if he agreed to

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
today was extra hard because we lost my dad suddenly at the end of May, and me and him were there together every game for 20 years. It just didn't have the same juice today. I think this will be my last ticket holder season, so we better improve!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sorry for your loss.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So sorry about your dad

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Seeing Texans highlight after Texans highlight of texans tight ends styling on loving Wingaard got old really quick. Every part of that game was excruciating to watch, but that especially was awful. Was not excited about the Meyer hire and it gets worse every time I see/hear/read about the team.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gandalf21 posted:

He looked okay. Wasn’t the reason they lost. The o-line got wrecked today which is concerning.

Whole team just looked not ready at all

They played into the Seahawks strength which is their front 7. Like I understand the Colts want to run the ball, but they didn't go downfield or target the WRs nearly enough. I think they then weren't afraid of the deep ball at all and just attacked the line without being worried about being beat deep.

Their most successful drives came on spreading the field and throwing to WRs. Not nearly enough of that.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
(somberly) Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Played some video games and I'm still disgruntled about that game

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Metapod posted:

Played some video games and I'm still disgruntled about that game

Hello, Mr. Rodgers.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

They played into the Seahawks strength which is their front 7. Like I understand the Colts want to run the ball, but they didn't go downfield or target the WRs nearly enough. I think they then weren't afraid of the deep ball at all and just attacked the line without being worried about being beat deep.

Their most successful drives came on spreading the field and throwing to WRs. Not nearly enough of that.

Well, a lot of that was the fact that every non Nelson lineman got absolutely roasted and Wentz rarely had enough time to get anything going deeper.

In reality, it wasn't horrible, they just made mistakes at crucial times to kill drives.

Eberfluss tried to blitz the Seahawks a bunch in the 1st half and shockingly, the Colts zone secondary got torched in man coverage. In the 2nd half where they played over the top and made the Seahawks play underneath the defense was better. Just a real clunker on all fronts.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 13, 2021

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

On the one hand, there's a good chance this is the only game the Texans win.

Nah, they get the Jags one more time... That team might go 0-17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Did the tv broadcast catch Titans fans booing Lewan when he came back from an injury? lol

He was godawful. I hope it’s just rust from the knee but jeeeeeeeeerze