Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

*rubs eyes*

I should have drafted Fields. Me and Elway, two peas in a pod.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1437077289049657347

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 12, 2021

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m rdy 4 sum footbaww

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fooobwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Has anybody rebooted the dong horse recently

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
GDT when

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Gonna be strange and unexpected when he develops heart issues after the first year and needs to retire.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Greenpeace should sponsor the Saints as the official pro football team of climate refugees worldwide

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1437085476414967810

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This report is entirely based on an anonymous source in an article written by La Canfora, who outright hates Jacksonville

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

JT Jag posted:

This report is entirely based on an anonymous source in an article written by La Canfora, who outright hates Jacksonville

Counterpoint: It's Urban Meyer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another source said: "You can't freak out about preseason games and belittle your coaches -- on a staff you handpicked -- every time things don't go your way. It's not going to work here."

Gee, who could have possibly seen this coming

Oh wait, I did :smug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The walls are closing in. Urbz is increasingly isolated.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JT Jag posted:

In this case he might just hate Urban Meyer, and he'd be justified in that particular stance.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just saying, between Jason "The Jags will be moving to London by 2021" LaCanfora and this very well-researched interview and articlehttps://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1437054837624119296I'm leaning towards putting more stock on the interview

I do reserve the right to totally reverse this judgement if the Jaguars lose today though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sources close to Urban Meyer describe La Canfora as "a total hack, a lying fraud"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1437076644825649154?s=19

Trade incoming?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

That's weird, they loved him last year.
That said, if somebody is going trade something decent for him, gently caress yes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao

https://twitter.com/lions/status/1437082574929608716?s=21

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Haha, Panthers gamesmanship: just before the game our MLB and OLB changed their numbers to single digits

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what does this mean?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Professor Funk posted:

Have you watched Ja'marr Chase this preseason? Obviously a small sample size but he literally looked like he forgot how to catch the ball. He could totally course correct but his issues don't seem like just normal NFL rookie stuff.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is some Markelle Fultz like poo poo.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Troy Williamson cashes his consultant check, pleased that his “oh poo poo it’s my uh.. eyesight?…” excuse is able to be used a mere 15 years late

loving idiots

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it appears the dolphins ended up with the troy williamson guy based on one play that i saw, which is the same as one real game or three preseason games. Just kidding. Good luck out there to all the teams that have a roster makeup of fewer than 10 very bad men.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Better report us to Freezing Cold Takes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
News: The Bengals won a football game.

Views: See News.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1437205003760979976?s=19

Big bags

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well, guess that CB1 is locked up for awhile now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I do reserve the right to totally reverse this judgement if the Jaguars lose today though

Do you wish to exercise your right to reversal?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

#3 overall pick last year

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1437418514596474883

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
That’s a career

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Is a rupture less bad or more bad than a tear?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sirtommygunn posted:

Is a rupture less bad or more bad than a tear?

I think tears can be partial, ruptures are the ones where that sucker just snaps completely and rolls up into your calf.

e: nevermind just different words for the same thing after looking for a second.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Assuming he can recover, that’s great for the Lions this year because they are TANKING

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Assuming he can recover, that’s great for the Lions this year because they are TANKING

I too love when players that need development... Can't.

Very good news.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

He's been so bad that the lions might be better off without him. By all accounts he's a decent guy though and this sucks for him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Speaking of Achilles tears and general problems you just reminded me that Eric Berry never played again after 2018 and that is still crazy to me.

And a shame of course.

e: Man deserved better:

quote:

On February 28, 2017, the Kansas City Chiefs signed Berry to a six-year, $78 million contract that includes $40 million guaranteed and a $20 million signing bonus, making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL. However, Berry would only play four more games for the Chiefs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was my favorite player but it's hard not to have a bitter aftertaste when you sign a player for that kind of money and he develops a haglund injury and refuses to get surgery on it or ever play again. Four games!

Eric Berry was a phenomenal player but he's a little bit nuts too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How did jeudy's leg just not snap off yesterday

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens made Tavon Young the highest paid nickel in the league before the 2019 season. He has played 1.25 games since.

He's healthy now but like... honestly who knows how good he still is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is that much worse that paying Stanley 100 million dollars only to see him lost for the season 5 days later? Last year is an entirely different season without that injury. Hell, maybe this year too since that's part of what motivated Orlando Brown to skip town.