Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think the anti-vaxxer loon should just get vaccinated and shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Thanks for the effortpost here!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is PMJ an op to ruin this thread

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Stairmaster posted:

is PMJ an op to ruin this thread

The people want the content! Anyway work's wrapping up soon and I'll be touching grass. Just one last thing.

Relevant Tangent posted:

If you've convinced yourself that the horse paste enthusiasts are the better bet here that's really a you problem. Laughing at idiots isn't un-Leftist afaik.
e: is the idea here that we should re-educate you? because frankly that seems way more authoritarian than just laughing at you

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3765018

Education is the bedrock of communism. Authoritarianism is not the problem - fascism is the problem.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

this thread routinely posts stuff that ranges from confirmed facts to batshit crazy, often on the same page, sometimes in the same post, and personally I like it that way

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Oh thanks Brain Curry that's a perfect way to get the thread back on track. Let's roll out the "free cuppy tea" posts for this page

free cuppy tea he ain't do poo poo

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Brain Curry posted:

this thread routinely posts stuff that ranges from confirmed facts to batshit crazy, often on the same page, sometimes in the same post, and personally I like it that way

This thread is by far the most "open" thread in cspam, and that's a good thing. it's a shame when homodox thinkers try to shout down more far out reads of our current situation.

I get the sense that a lot of those same posters would have been shutting down conversations about the epstein network 5 years ago.

mark immune has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Sep 13, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Brain Curry posted:

Yeah but we're not at the sixth page of a dumbass trying to justify why his fear of needles is more important than not killing his grandpa.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

cuppy tea mythology

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I feel you're missing the forest for the trees. My principal concern is the mandates, lockdowns, other things what have destroyed, are destroying, or will destroy the working class. I said I'd stop but you're mischaracterizing me now.
Also my older loved ones are vaccinated therefore protected therefore I'm not a risk to them. Moreover, as already stated and cited, vaccination does not prevent transmission and does not lower rate of transmission either. So me getting jabbed wouldn't do anything for that anyway.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I feel you're missing the forest for the trees. My principal concern is the mandates, lockdowns, other things what have destroyed, are destroying, or will destroy the working class. I said I'd stop but you're mischaracterizing me now.
Also my older loved ones are vaccinated therefore protected therefore I'm not a risk to them. Moreover, as already stated and cited, vaccination does not prevent transmission and does not lower rate of transmission either. So me getting jabbed wouldn't do anything for that anyway.

that's incorrect, vaxxed individuals are infectious for a shorter period of time

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm vaxxed and it feels good. Would do it again 10/10

gregday
May 23, 2003

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Also my older loved ones are vaccinated therefore protected therefore I'm not a risk to them.

It's the unvaccinated keeping the drat thing active, which is leading to greater [chance of] variants, which the current vaccines may not be as effective against. The unvaccinated are a risk to the vaccinated for that alone. Also, children.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes I know the phrase "give me liberty or give me death" means nothing to our generation. Yes, I know.

It's a stupid mantra to live(die) with(not of).

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

lil poopendorfer posted:

that's incorrect, vaxxed individuals are infectious for a shorter period of time

gregday posted:

It's the unvaccinated keeping the drat thing active, which is leading to greater [chance of] variants, which the current vaccines may not be as effective against. The unvaccinated are a risk to the vaccinated for that alone. Also, children.

I said I'd stop and you're making it very hard. But I seriously will now - I'm typing this on my phone.

Poopendorfer, it depends on the strain. Much higher for longer in vaccinated and unvaccinated, both, for Alpha. Comparable transmissibility periods for Delta. I'm referencing the PHE report from my effortpost, see there. Couldn't get a good look before I had to clock out but I'm fairly sure I interpreted the graph correctly.

Gregday, that's not how mutations work at all. Especially not for a respiratory virus with animal vectors. Mutations can't be avoided for that reason. I posted the same with slightly more elaboration in this thread before, look through my posts, I would but on my phone.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The people want the content! Anyway work's wrapping up soon and I'll be touching grass. Just one last thing.

Education is the bedrock of communism. Authoritarianism is not the problem - fascism is the problem.

The fascism is in the anti-science, anti-reason and anti-enlightenment groups marching with guns, having meltdowns about mask and vaccine mandates and picketing hospitals.

You're carrying water for fascists by spreading this disinformation, you broke brained idiot.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Another Bill posted:

The fascism is in the anti-science, anti-reason and anti-enlightenment groups marching with guns, having meltdowns about mask and vaccine mandates and picketing hospitals.

You're carrying water for fascists by spreading this disinformation, you broke brained idiot.

I really need some of you to stop projecting. I am not the one here advocating for coerced medical procedures, medical apartheid, restriction of movement, requiring two forms of documentation (pass and ID) for normal life, enhanced tracking and surveillance, and all of this poo poo. You are!

We are still talking about an illness with a 1.6% overall mortality from the beginning of the pandemic to now, right? Get a loving grip. Do you know why this poo poo, all of it, is relevant to the Epstein thread? We discuss mass trauma in here. You would've been opposed to passports a year ago, today you will go along with anything anything just to get mommy and daddy to "let you" go outside.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
weird how everyone in the hospital for covid isnt vaccinated

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I really need some of you to stop projecting. I am not the one here advocating for coerced medical procedures, medical apartheid, restriction of movement, requiring two forms of documentation (pass and ID) for normal life, enhanced tracking and surveillance, and all of this poo poo. You are!

We are still talking about an illness with a 1.6% overall mortality from the beginning of the pandemic to now, right? Get a loving grip. Do you know why this poo poo, all of it, is relevant to the Epstein thread? We discuss mass trauma in here. You would've been opposed to passports a year ago, today you will go along with anything anything just to get mommy and daddy to "let you" go outside.

shut up idiot

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

free cuppy tea he ain't do poo poo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
PMJ, are you assuming that there are zero long-term organ issues caused by covid and that deaths are the only # that matter?

that's what the american policies assume as well, and lol good luck

e: wtf, probations shouldn't be allowed in this thread

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Okay but maybe keep your uneducated medical advice to yourself

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
free Perry Mason Jar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

paul_soccer12 posted:

free Perry Mason Jar

I've freed him in the only sense that matters

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

serious question here, how bad would the disease and/or how less incompetent the government have to be for something along these lines to be justified? I totally agree liberal government is loving up the response badly, and I quite understand the suspicion of pharma companies, but at a certain point it seems like even in a glorious communist utopia you'd have to take some serious public health measures and frankly you seem opposed to the concept

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

PMJ, are you assuming that there are zero long-term organ issues caused by covid and that deaths are the only # that matter?

last time this came up he said that long covid symptoms were inseparable from the effects of ptsd and thats when i loled and checked out

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

quote:

The Gish gallop is a term for a rhetorical technique in which a debater attempts to overwhelm an opponent by excessive number of arguments, without regard for the accuracy or strength of those arguments.

gregday
May 23, 2003

medical apartheid lmao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

free pmj and also cuppy tea

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Perry Mason Jar posted:

We are still talking about an illness with a 1.6% overall mortality from the beginning of the pandemic to now, right? Get a loving grip.

You're literally posting about horse dewormer, but I'm the one who needs to get a grip? lol

:horsedrugs::justpaste:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Stevie Lee posted:

:same:
pmj may be very dumb about Covid vaccines but the correct response to stupidity is laughter

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

:same:
pmj may be very dumb about Covid vaccines but the correct response to stupidity is laughter

yeah he's full of poo poo but this thread is the place to go wild imo

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

:tinfoil:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

free pmj and also cuppy tea

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

as a caveat, SSRN isn't a peer-reviewed journal and several of the 9 or so papers that have cited this study are also non-peer-reviewed preprints that are likely submitted and in review at a peer-reviewed journal. That being said, from what I understand, ivermectin was first proposed as it was found to have some antiviral properties in treating SARS, so it shouldn't be so surprising that it was/is investigated as part of COVID treatment. I remember trying really hard to find analyses that provided some kind of clarity about ivermectin's potential use and, at best, I could find some data that suggested ivermectin (usually administered with other factors like HQC and vitamins etc...) could reduce mortality for those suffering COVID in the worst stages, but even that was inconsistent between studies. I saw even less consistent data for a positive effect for earlier stages of COVID.

From what I could tell, the positive effects in previous work are not clear (e: I wanna emphasize here that I definitely only checked out a handful of newer meta-analyses and there is likely many out there who know better) and whereas papers like this one in SSRN provide a potential solution, especially for countries desperate for any help, I hope it can meaningfully integrate into ongoing/pre-existing studies. I do believe there is a huge capital impetus to prioritize and exclusively use highly patentable mRNA vaccines especially if booster shots could become a thing and it's silly to ignore some of the obvious limits of our approach to combatting covid blah blah blah etc etc etc

Stevie Lee posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I do think there's a big push from the liberal center to propagandize vaccines and castigate anti-vaxx and related people, simply because it's the only button they can press now that capital is clear they don't want lockdowns and if they can just put all the blame on those fuckin' rubes then maybe people won't notice it's a complete shitshow all around. But it doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective or that the hardcore anti-vaxx people aren't odten hilariously stupid.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Do you have another example of them doing this? I went back to 2013, which is as far it goes, here: https://www.theabfm.org/communications/news

Note that the letter states misinformation about the vaccine particularly, not misinformation regarding COVID-19 writ large. Who is making the determination of misinformation? What sources are considered trustworthy? Is a doctor able to mention that millions of Moderna doses were tainted with metals? Is a doctor able to state the risk of myocarditis? Is a doctor allowed to recommend a pregnant or breastfeeding not get vaccinated? Is a doctor allowed to recommend a child not get vaccinated? Who is the final authority here on what constitutes information or misinformation, even studies which are vetted have been maligned as misinformation. On social media the myocarditis and pericarditis was 'misinformation' until like a month ago. Is a doctor allowed to recommend against the vaccine if the person has natural immunity (far more robust immunity than vaccine derived immunity, per studies)?

https://twitter.com/Taka_tut/status/1435484446787047429
https://twitter.com/TheEliKlein/status/1436387479469404164
https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1436032609033797632
https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04754594?term=NCT04754594&draw=2&rank=1 (Trials for pregnant will not conclude until June of next year)

lol NY Post and the Telegraph. lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I do think there's a big push from the liberal center to propagandize vaccines and castigate anti-vaxx and related people, simply because it's the only button they can press now that capital is clear they don't want lockdowns and if they can just put all the blame on those fuckin' rubes then maybe people won't notice it's a complete shitshow all around. But it doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective or that the hardcore anti-vaxx people aren't odten hilariously stupid.

yeah, "pandemic of the unvaccinated"

joey b tried that one out again the other day lmao

nut
Jul 30, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

totally, there's huge benefits to polarizing a complex issue and disregarding all criticism as opposition, for example, u get people arguing over who is carrying more water for the fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

does anyone here think PMJ sixxered himself? lmao wake up sheeple