Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ehhhh, I don't think I'd trust Njoku. I'm a massive Browns fan, but he gets like maybe a couple big (impactful, not super long) catches a game, but he's definitely second behind Hooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ehhhh, I don't think I'd trust Njoku.

Same

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Floofy posted:

What ever happened to Jeff Wilson Jr. for SF? Yahoo says he on the pup-r list, is that the covid quarantine list?

He had that game last season where he had three touchdowns

Torn meniscus so he's out for a while. Also don't forget Tevin Coleman scored 4 tds for the Niners two years ago. Shanahan plays the RBs based on need, ability and sometimes hot streaks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ehhhh, I don't think I'd trust Njoku. I'm a massive Browns fan, but he gets like maybe a couple big (impactful, not super long) catches a game, but he's definitely second behind Hooper.

2nd to Hooper still puts him on the field with how we love 2te sets. Njoku is worth a stash if you've got the bench space. He may have finally put everything together

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone’s going to pick up Mitchell and it’ll be Sermon getting the work next week

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Floofy posted:

What ever happened to Jeff Wilson Jr. for SF? Yahoo says he on the pup-r list, is that the covid quarantine list?

He had that game last season where he had three touchdowns

I thought I recalled reading he had a torn meniscus.

Butter Hole posted:

I think the internet consensus of "just avoid this backfield" now that everyone got burned by Sermon and Mostert is a bit lazy. Week 1 has shown us that preseason means nothing (a lesson we seem to re-learn every year), and people waiting for Sermon to get his chance since he wasn't ready/is a rookie or whatever are being a little too optimistic about him IMO. Sermon wasn't just a backup, or even third string--he was a scratch. Healthy scratch week 1 for a running back--which should be the easiest position to immediately produce in the NFL--is a neon red flag. Mitchell is a rookie too, and he already showed us that he can carry the load. Hasty only got one carry after Mostert went down. I think most big-time waiver pickups happen early in the season, and the potential starting RB for one of the best rushing teams in football seems like an opportunity that would be tough to pass up. I wouldn't drop Sermon at this time, but he may be getting the Dante Pettis treatment.

I'll admit that I'm biased since I picked up Mitchell Sunday morning.

I think part of "avoid this backfield" is not because people got burnt by Sermon or Mostert, but over the last few years when they had multiple RBs active you could never guess who would be the primary ball carrier. Countless times there would be some 49er RB with a favorable matchup getting touted by all of the fantasy football websites as lock of the week, and then they barely play and someone else gets all of the points. I would rather take someone who I know will start and get a solid 15 touches on another team rather than spin the roulette wheel where the scoring options are 20, 3, 3 - better hope you guess correctly.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Njoku has never been and will never be fantasy relevant

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Poque posted:

Njoku has never been and will never be fantasy relevant

I dunno he literally just turned 25. Dude came into the league at 20 as a super raw project. Could see him hit the TE5 range but I'm not calling that shot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

pmchem posted:

Mecole Hardman was going in rounds 12-14 of PPR 12-team leagues. 3 targets in a close shootout yesterday. Droppable?

Anyone a Chiefs fan that watched the whole game have insight as to his role or how he did?

He’s terrible, can only be used like a gadget player and relies on scheme to get open rather than his own skills.

Anyways, someone in my league dropped Brandon Aiyuk. My worst WR ok my bench is Golladay, should I drop him for Aiyuk? Full pt PPR

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pron on VHS posted:

He’s terrible, can only be used like a gadget player and relies on scheme to get open rather than his own skills.

Anyways, someone in my league dropped Brandon Aiyuk. My worst WR ok my bench is Golladay, should I drop him for Aiyuk? Full pt PPR

You should definitely get Aiyuk. Golladay looked good though, who else is on your roster?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Epi Lepi posted:

Not feeling great about Gesicki as my TE, any likely waiver wire TEs worth picking up?

I'm considering Juwan Johnson, he definitely put up points this week and Winston does like throwing to TEs; see the performance by Cameron Brate and OJ Howard when he was still a Buc. I may be just chasing this weeks points, though.

Everett and Njoku are also on the wire for me, .5 PPR.

Waited until the end in my 14 teamer and ended up with old man Jared Cook. He went 5/56/0 on 8 targets yesterday so if he can stay pretty involved I'm just going to roll with him unless I can trade for TE5 or better.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I dunno he literally just turned 25. Dude came into the league at 20 as a super raw project. Could see him hit the TE5 range but I'm not calling that shot.

Pick him up in dynasty coward

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

Everyone’s going to pick up Mitchell and it’ll be Sermon getting the work next week

SF RBs: Excellent in best ball formats. Non-best ball formats? Pass.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Poque posted:

Pick him up in dynasty coward

I've already got 3 speculative te's on my bench!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

With the Josh Jacobs being sick or whatever his condition is, would you put Bryan "John Gruden's Ultimate Receiver" Edwards in a flex spot over him?

generic one posted:

:respek:

edit: reference about Bryan Edwards:
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1422954561048911877?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

generic one posted:

Well Elijah Mitchell might be a pass but I have this Michael Carter on my bench and Elijah Mitchell is available. Now what do you think?

Pron on VHS posted:

c'mon man

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Well Elijah Mitchell might be a pass but I have this Michael Carter on my bench and Elijah Mitchell is available. Now what do you think?

Easy choice

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

Easy choice

That uh isn't really an answer haha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
You take the RB in a RBBC on the 49ers over the RB in a RBBC on the poo poo rear end Jets.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

With the Josh Jacobs being sick or whatever his condition is, would you put Bryan "John Gruden's Ultimate Receiver" Edwards in a flex spot over him?

Do you need a floor or the ceiling? Former, Jacobs, latter, Edwards. I don’t exactly trust the hype quite yet. Still feel like Waller’s gonna be Carr’s favorite target, and Ruggs was getting preseason hype, too.

kiimo posted:

Carter’s got Johnson and Coleman in front of him and didn’t do much of anything. Mitchell’s got Sermon and Hasty for competition and actually did something. Out of those two RBBCs, if I had to pick one, it’d be Mitchell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol why did I draft Jacobs. I knew he would suck.

Kill me

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Drunk Nerds posted:

You should definitely get Aiyuk. Golladay looked good though, who else is on your roster?

Bottom of barrel of my roster is Ty’Son Williams and Trey Lance who is my backup QB. Will drop Trey I guess

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

c'mon man

I’m not that wrong am I….you know it’s true

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

Do you need a floor or the ceiling? Former, Jacobs, latter, Edwards. I don’t exactly trust the hype quite yet. Still feel like Waller’s gonna be Carr’s favorite target, and Ruggs was getting preseason hype, too.
I'm up by 70 with this flex spot to play while my opponent has Lamar and Andrews. I played Jacobs for the floor/because Bryan Edwards is still an unknown.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

just lol if you don't carry the entire SF backfield on your roster

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m not that wrong am I….you know it’s true

Mecole Hardman can be electric it's just consistency.

Remind yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtjW8afOMqU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

That uh isn't really an answer haha

VietCampo posted:

You take the RB in a RBBC on the 49ers over the RB in a RBBC on the poo poo rear end Jets.

And it might not even be an RBBC on the Niners, it was 19-1 carries for Mitchell/Hasty

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
My Sammy Watkins dynasty dart throws finally paying off???

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

lol no

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Watkins having his annual week one killing?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

It's happening

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

Watkins having his annual week one killing?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mecole Hardman is bad

kiimo posted:

Mecole Hardman can be electric it's just consistency.

Remind yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtjW8afOMqU

9 plays over multiple years and I'm pretty sure at least one of them was preseason :bernpop:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 14, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

freeman posted:

just lol if you don't carry the entire SF backfield on your roster

:lmao:

I feel like we need to have an intervention.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm still at work and don't have gamecast open so I assume he got a sick 56 yard td

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Mecole Hardman is bad

I have to remind myself that this is a fantasy thread. I've literally never started Hardman.

He might be bad for fantasy but not for the team.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So it appears Waller gets a lot of targets?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Have you not watched the Raiders in the last 2 years? It's been him and then 4 JAGs fighting for the scraps after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

Its the end of the third quarter. Waller has 14 targets and 6 catches; Ruggs & Edwards have a bunch of targets but no catches. Renfrow has a few catches but none were of any significance.