Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Aurora posted:

where are the evolve scripts again

early game is so tedious and no plasmids is even moreso so if i'm going to dip into challenge genes ever i'll need them

https://gist.github.com/Vollch/b1a5eec305558a48b7f4575d317d7dd1 is the current most up-to-date script.

Gilg posted:

Two Evolve questions: I'm still early on in the MAD phase, Mastery around 8%, and I am starting to do runs with the challenge genes ("4 star"). Should I always be doing 4 star runs in the future, including through the next prestige levels, or is there some benefit to mixing in 0 star runs? Along those lines, if I'm always doing 4 star runs, does that mean I can ignore the advice of keeping ~250 Plasmids banked up?

I personally do 4* near exclusively but that's also just completionism with the caveat that there's no real point to them if you're still in the starting universe except for your first Black Hole run.

A good ideal 'progression' if you like that will get you properly into the game fast(er): *This is not in any way required
-Do 3* MAD to Plasmid softcap.
-3* Bioseed for a few runs or however long you want here speeding up each time as softcap increases, you'll need it. Here is also where you'll be spending plasmids over soft cap for unlocks. The entire line of storage effects is very worthwhile as is craftsmen production. !Make sure you have mitosis (plasmids from mutation)! and that you're over the plasmid soft-cap here by at least 500 before continuing.
-4* Black Hole for the universe-specific achievement.
-Leave to Antimatter universe. This first run will be awful and you're specifically going for 100 anti-plasmids so 0* is fine.
-Pick up "Bleeding Effect". This is the only thing you should buy with anti-plasmids.
-Start running 4* MAD to soft-cap.
-4* Bioseed to 3000 anti-plasmid. Do not spend them or the phage.
-4* Blackhole.
-Move to Heavy.
-4* MAD.
-Pick up Synchronicity before hitting the button and start spending plasmids over soft cap freely.
-4* MAD for the 25 unique species achievement as this lets you choose which race you play when evolving.

After all that you'll then be fully set up and ready to go into proper achievement hunting or to do whatever else.
Verrazzano and Heavyweight Champ are two very good 4* achievements as short-term goals next for perks. Heavy universe is the best place to do 4* early due the 25% increase in prestige resources for Bioseed+ runs.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Falcon2001 posted:

If Cookie Clicker gets proper mod support I'll deep dive into that for sure, but holding off purchasing until then. I don't think I ever went THAT deep into it actually.

On the topic of deep dives; I'm doing NG Space Company and grinding Dark Matter - should I basically buy everything before going exploring in the stars or should I start once I get enough interesting things?

Every Star+Dyson Sphere is worth 5 Dark Matter. Hold off on doing space stuff until you get 60+ relations with most of the factions. Absorbing planets is easy mode, and is less of a setback when you get to the ultrite stage.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

WTFBEES posted:

I finished NGU today and now I don't have anything to Alt+Tab over to 90 times a day. :(

What was your base Adv Stats and R3 when you finished? Just trying to get an idea of how much longer I have to go

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Aurora posted:

no i just want automation scripts not 'now i have 10000000 of every building'

https://github.com/TMVictor/Evolve-Scripting-Edition/blob/master/README.md

I think only steps 4 and 6 are relevant to you

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

DariusLikewise posted:

What was your base Adv Stats and R3 when you finished? Just trying to get an idea of how much longer I have to go

Adventure Stats:

1.53E+35 Power (with Beast Mode)
6.243E+34 Toughness
40% move cooldowns

It took at least 5 or 6 tries to get the last titan. Make sure to block every time it's on cooldown and hope his mega attack doesn't make it through.

Base R3 stats:

36,706 power
1,568,000,000 cap

Worth noting you need a quaddrillion R3 if you want to get all the achievements, so I need to pump my cap a bit more before I really call it complete.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Thanks for the Evolve responses, they're very helpful.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Also to mention, the evolve discord is a super pleasant place. All of the info you need is contained in the in-game wiki (a fresh change), but the people in the discord are always very excited to talk about all aspects of the game. The #spoilers channel will get you the info/advice you need in seconds and most stuff I've had questions about was searchable before even having to ask about it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how did leveling up the more qp milestone rewards wish from 4 to 5 not increase my qp reward modifier at all :mad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also why can't i get some of the later resource consumables from daily spin. my feelings are hurt personally by these shortcomings

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm about 70 stages into WAMI and it really gives me a strong vibe like the dev has a crystal clear intuitive understanding of how everything works that they are either very bad at or not trying very hard to communicate to the player.

Aurora posted:

how did leveling up the more qp milestone rewards wish from 4 to 5 not increase my qp reward modifier at all :mad:

Means you need to put more levels on QP hack to take advantage of the reduced levels per milestone. The more levels you have, the bigger the benefit from milestone level reduction.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Aurora posted:

You got to have more milestones banked in the hack than levels needed to hit the next milestone. So if I have 50 milestones reached and 45 levels to hit the next one in the hack, if I go up a level in the milestone reducer, I'll have enough to hit the bonus. But if I have 44 milestones reached and 45 levels to hit the next one, I'll still have to level up the hack one more time to get the bonus. At least this is how I think it works.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

You got to have more milestones banked in the hack than levels needed to hit the next milestone. So if I have 50 milestones reached and 45 levels to hit the next one in the hack, if I go up a level in the milestone reducer, I'll have enough to hit the bonus. But if I have 44 milestones reached and 45 levels to hit the next one, I'll still have to level up the hack one more time to get the bonus. At least this is how I think it works.

It's all about the number of levels you have. If the milestone is hit every 50 levels and you get a milestone perk/quirk/wish, it'll be 49 levels. So for every 49 levels you had, you'll have the right number of milestones now. It's not always significant change for many of the hacks, but it does add up the more you get and the lower the milestones get.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Already dawning on me why I stopped playing cookie clicker all those years back, there really isn't all that much new stuff to do once you ascend a couple of times.
by the time you get reasonable offline progress, you have pretty much seen most of what the game has to offer.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Aurora posted:

no i just want automation scripts not 'now i have 10000000 of every building'

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Can you only do this on a fresh game?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blattdorf posted:

Yes, otherwise you've clicked at least once on one ascension (the first). So they had to buy it, and then never do anything in it. Not even True Neverclick because it's "bake one cookie", not "click the cookie once".

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wall Destroyer was great and I wish it was slightly better coded and also still maintained :(

Looks like someone's taking up the challenge

https://der-reale-clemens.github.io/wall-destroyer-prod/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I would love to take the credit for this :v:

Seriously though I'm excited and totally gonna at least run it for a while. I wonder if they nerfed some of the early-mid walls so you don't need an autoclicker as badly?

e: just noticed the category that isn't ranged is "Meele building" hell yeah off to a good start

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Doesn’t look like any gameplay is changed?

I suppose that is the point but at least some of the QOL shortcomings of the original could have been adressed; there is still no multiple purchase and unit tooltips does not update after you have bought upgrades affecting them

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Seriously though I'm excited and totally gonna at least run it for a while. I wonder if they nerfed some of the early-mid walls so you don't need an autoclicker as badly?

e: just noticed the category that isn't ranged is "Meele building" hell yeah off to a good start

You can click and hold Enter on the Punch Wall button, at least, to avoid using an auto-clicker.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Ineptitude posted:

Doesn’t look like any gameplay is changed?

I suppose that is the point but at least some of the QOL shortcomings of the original could have been adressed; there is still no multiple purchase and unit tooltips does not update after you have bought upgrades affecting them

The dev (re-writer? whatever) has posted on the idle incremental sub-reddit about it, and wants to do some modernization - things like multi-buy and upgrades to replace click damage at a minimum. I will definitely keep an eye on it, but I am also going to let it percolate for a little while.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fun fact, if you have a Razer mouse (other brands with their own customization software might have this too) you can set a button to "left click turbo click 20 times a second", like one of the DPI adjustment buttons nobody ever uses.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Fun fact, if you have a Razer mouse (other brands with their own customization software might have this too) you can set a button to "left click turbo click 20 times a second", like one of the DPI adjustment buttons nobody ever uses.

if you don't have a razer mouse but do have a gamepad, you can use joy2key (a free app) to bind any button to do the same thing. I like using L2

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Or any keyboard with macro buttons usually lets you set rapidfire click macros.

The only way to click wrong nowadays is by wrecking your finger doing it manually

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Honestly, I've been using the same AHK script for probably a decade at this point to handle rapidfire clicking. It's suboptimal but it works.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The virgin chris's, using an autoclicker

Me, the alpha Chad sex haver with a UiPath bot doing my clicking

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blattdorf posted:

A fresh game AND a fresh Steam account. Once you click that cookie you're marked for life.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
it's written in some loving obnoxious templatey garbage that's all the rage these days so I haven't been able to find the button click function to set interval on, but after an overnight I'm almost done with wall 1 so whatever

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Feline Mind Meld posted:

it's written in some loving obnoxious templatey garbage that's all the rage these days so I haven't been able to find the button click function to set interval on, but after an overnight I'm almost done with wall 1 so whatever

var foo = $(".MuiButton-label"); setInterval(function() { foo.click() }, 10)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

var foo = $(".MuiButton-label"); setInterval(function() { foo.click() }, 10)

crude but effective cheers

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just to confirm before I uninstall it, is there anything more to Cookie Clicker after you've unlocked the 4 minigames and done a couple of resets/unlocked the season switcher?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hosed up that you don't enjoy numbers going up

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Aurora posted:

hosed up that you don't enjoy numbers going up

:mods:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Broken Cog posted:

Just to confirm before I uninstall it, is there anything more to Cookie Clicker after you've unlocked the 4 minigames and done a couple of resets/unlocked the season switcher?

Achievements and upgrades is all at present.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

A fresh game AND a fresh Steam account. Once you click that cookie you're marked for life.

Well last i checked SAM still works so it would be trivial to undo that

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
The new version of Orb of Creation doesn't seem to have much more extra content but the prior content is better balanced out.

While I tended to have the feeling that I was not doing the most optimal progress path I was always progressing forward one way or another. So it is nice that way.

Edit:

VVVVVV: Well that explains why I did not find any new content.

Banemaster fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 16, 2021

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Orb of Creation updated. It wiped saves again and the new content is still work in progress but they're claiming no wipes during the next couple weeks as the new content wraps up.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yaay this is more grindy and worse

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Orb of Creation was horribly broken and you could break the game and hit infinity in under 20 minutes if you knew what you were doing.

I haven't taken a look at the new version but to make a game you gotta scale it back somehow and introduce limits hopefully the dev is aware and can make it fun without being broken so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Given their past track record there's probably some insanely broken combo we just haven't found yet.