Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah I'd mash that Kiimo, Lockett is v good but he's volatile and Swift is getting volume under the coach who made Melvin Gordon a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Somebody offered me Swift for Fournette and Lockett. Seems like an overpay but then again I have a lot of WR and I believe in Swift. Thoughts?

I’d smash that. Have no interest in Fournette and Lockett will probably still be a boom/bust play with the chance of falling off entirely for the second half of the season. Owning Lockett last season was not fun.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Do we think Cordarrelle Patterson is worth a pickup?

3% rostered in yahoo, earned 10 points last week in 0.5 ppr, and counts as a RB and WR.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do we think Cordarrelle Patterson is worth a pickup?

3% rostered in yahoo, earned 10 points last week in 0.5 ppr, and counts as a RB and WR.

no

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I can't believe how much money I'm bidding on Elijah Mitchell and Tim Patrick, what a week, what a hobby.

I held myself to a strict 33% limit, though.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Vargo posted:

I can't believe how much money I'm bidding on Elijah Mitchell and Tim Patrick, what a week, what a hobby.

I held myself to a strict 33% limit, though.

I cut Tim Patrick to hold onto ty Johnson who got 3% snaps. I am good at this thing.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I nuts for wanting to drop the Packers D for the Cardinals?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yes, you are nuts, who could possible drop something as valuable as the 20th ranked defense? As long as you have no penalty for waiver moves feel free to drop away to your hearts content, though worst case scenario it is a lateral move.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Not remotely

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Green Bay plays Detroit at home this week. Yeah they just got shredded but the offense being dogshit meant they were out there all afternoon

Fantasy defenses :iiam:

I’ve got Austin Hooper as my TE which isn’t good. Best FAs are Kmet and Juwan Johnson. Which of these should I dump Hooper for?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cat Hassler posted:

Green Bay plays Detroit at home this week. Yeah they just got shredded but the offense being dogshit meant they were out there all afternoon

Fantasy defenses :iiam:

I’ve got Austin Hooper as my TE which isn’t good. Best FAs are Kmet and Juwan Johnson. Which of these should I dump Hooper for?

Kmet got way more targets and JJ is at best splitting with Trautman.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Went 0-4 for week one with two of those losses coming by a combined margin of less than a point. Fantasy football is back, baby!

Anyway, I was able to put Trey Sermon in my IR slot once he was declared inactive so I could pick up someone else, but now I have to get him off IR before I can put in any waiver claims. My most droppable guys are James Conner, Latavius Murray, and Devin Singletary. I could also just drop Sermon, I suppose. Who gets dropped to free up a bench spot, and then who's fodder for the waiver wire? Thanks!

Elijah Mitchell and Marvin Jones Jr. are the two biggest names out there. I'm pretty shallow at WR, I only have four on my team (2WR 1 Flex)

Just wanted to bring this back up, basically I'd need to drop two of Conner/Murray/Singletary/Sermon to pick up Mitchell or Jones Jr. The alternative is to just stand pat and wait until later in the week to figure out who, if anyone, I want to drop. FWIW it's unlikely that any of these guys are cracking my starting lineup this week, I have Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones at RB, AJ Brown and CeeDee Lamb at WR, and either Swift or Lockett at Flex.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just did a dynasty startup draft for the first time this year. It is PPR, superflex, premium TE, 12 team. We start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2w/r/t flex, and 1 superflex. My roster is:
QB: Burrow, Carr, Wilzon
RB: Cook, Swift, Jacobs, Jamaal Williams, Mattison, Michael Carter, Jermar Jefferson, and Tony Jones
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Chase Claypool, Terrace Marshall, Russell Gage, Kendrick Bourne, Hardman, Eskridge, and Cedrick Wilson
TE: a gaggle of terrible options

I'm pretty down on the team and I feel like the RBs I drafted dont fit the otherwise really young team I have. A good friend of mine thinks I have a great team and shouldnt sweat it. But, I'm thinking of trying to trade Cook for a young WR and future picks. What kind of value would I be looking for here? For example there is a guy who is interested in trading to enhance his roster; he has Darnell Mooney, who I'm high on, but no first next year. I feel like asking for Mooney, next years 2nd, and his 2023 1st isnt enough value.... or is it?

Quiet Feet posted:

This.

Just wanted to bring this back up, basically I'd need to drop two of Conner/Murray/Singletary/Sermon to pick up Mitchell or Jones Jr. The alternative is to just stand pat and wait until later in the week to figure out who, if anyone, I want to drop. FWIW it's unlikely that any of these guys are cracking my starting lineup this week, I have Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones at RB, AJ Brown and CeeDee Lamb at WR, and either Swift or Lockett at Flex.
I really like MJJr this year because he's the reliable vet for TLaw and he's in a familiar scheme and is a touchdown machine the past few years in said scheme, but I'm not sure who I would drop. Probably Conner for MJJr because I dont think he'll get a lot of volume with Edmunds being the pass catcher and Kyler running in the TDs he does. Might be worth dropping Singletary or Murray for Mitchell if you think he has the upside/lock on the role, but its really hard to say.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 15, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Quiet Feet posted:

Thanks! I just want a reasonable floor so picked up Kmet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dkj posted:

I’d smash that. Have no interest in Fournette and Lockett will probably still be a boom/bust play with the chance of falling off entirely for the second half of the season. Owning Lockett last season was not fun.

I didn't smash fast enough. Apparently he did some research on his own player and pulled the trade. drat these slow fingers

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

With Mostert already out for the season I'm down to Chris Carson and Javonte Williams who is taking over Mosterts position. I was offered Ekeler for Diggs. Would you guys accept this trade? Besides Diggs I've got Robinson II and Metcalf starting with Marquise Brown and Jalen Reagor on the bench.. I'm 4th in waivers and attempting to pick up Mitchell. The 3 teams ahead of me are all fairly good rb wise but they might go for him just for some depth.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

With Mostert already out for the season I'm down to Chris Carson and Javonte Williams who is taking over Mosterts position. I was offered Ekeler for Diggs. Would you guys accept this trade? Besides Diggs I've got Robinson II and Metcalf starting with Marquise Brown and Jalen Reagor on the bench.. I'm 4th in waivers and attempting to pick up Mitchell. The 3 teams ahead of me are all fairly good rb wise but they might go for him just for some depth.

It’s a fair trade but maybe wait to see if you do get Mitchell

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Also, grabbing and stashing Jeff Wilson in an IR slot.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
QB week 2 questions for two leagues:
Tua or Herbert this week?
Jalen Hurts or Josh Allen?

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Herbert and Allen is what I'd run with. I've got no faith in the Dallas defense and Allen is someone I'd play every week. I don't really put a whole lot of stock into week 1 performances anyway.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Herbert and Allen is what I'd run with. I've got no faith in the Dallas defense and Allen is someone I'd play every week. I don't really put a whole lot of stock into week 1 performances anyway.

Agreed with this. Herbs and Allen have shown next-level talent, which tiebreaks any decision against year 2 qbs who may or may not finish the season on the bench.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is Zack Moss droppable (PPR redraft)? I'm looking at picking up Gainwell, Roundtree or Michael Carter

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Zack posted:

Is Zack Moss droppable (PPR redraft)? I'm looking at picking up Gainwell, Roundtree or Michael Carter
The Jets offense is going to be a shitshow due to injuries so I would honestly avoid carter right now. Gainwell seems like a good "might get you some points if you have no one else" and is also a backup/handcuff to Sanders.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Zack posted:

I can't bench Moss until I see some game tape. That offense and his year in the system make him a better lotto ticket than those other guys in my opinion.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have BAL T Williams and SF E Mitchell.

Who would you prefer to trade away to upgrade at WR?

0.5 ppr.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have BAL T Williams and SF E Mitchell.

Who would you prefer to trade away to upgrade at WR?

0.5 ppr.

T wil's value should plummet with the has-been rb all-star squad plodding into the Ravens backfield

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Tbh I'd trade away either if you can afford it, who knows what Shanahan will do in that backfield and the Mitchell hype is very high right now. Jeff Wilson will be back eventually, and presumably Sermon will be active this weekend. SF won't play Detroit every week, too.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

12-team, Yahoo Half PPR, 6PPTD, 0.2comp, significantly increased D/ST scoring (Sacks 2 Picks 2 Fumb Rec 2 TD 6 Safe 3 Blk Kick 2):
1. (9) Davante Adams (GB - WR)
2. (16) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
3. (33) Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
4. (40) Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
5. (57) Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB)
6. (64) Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
7. (81) Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
8. (88) Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
9. (105) Logan Thomas (Was - TE)
10. (112) Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jax - WR)
11. (129) Irv Smith Jr. (Min - TE)
12. (136) DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)
15. (177) Rashaad Penny (Sea - RB)
16. (184) Cole Beasley (Buf - WR)
17. (201) Malcolm Brown (Mia - RB)
19. (225) Damien Williams (Chi - RB)
20. (232) Derek Carr (LV - QB)
D/ST Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers
Juwan Johnson went for 10% of FAAB, Eli Mitchell went for 90%, but I got my D/ST streamer for the week which is nice, Arizona went for 13% beating out a 7% bid. Cupboard is pretty bare:
FAs - Blake Jarwin, Valdes-Scantling, Van Jefferson Jr, Danny Amendola
Wire - Gio Bernard, Wayne Gallman Jr, Paris Campbell

Might place a bid on Wayne Gallman Jr to replace Damien Williams or Malcolm Brown. Holding out hope for a D/ST or TE to breakout.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I would very much appreciate David Njoku not turning back into a pumpkin this week.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I was going to adjust my FAAB bids last night but forgot and this morning was surprised to see I'm the proud owner of a shiny new Eli Mitchell. Of course me getting him means he'll be garbage/injured from this point onward, sorry all other owners.

Tim Patrick's just sitting in FA in my league, what's the recovery usually like on high ankle sprains? I need WR help due to byes week 7, but if Jeudy's gonna be back to full force it's probably not worth the trouble picking him up.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I know you should never roster two defenses but I picked up the Browns this week to pay against Houston and now I'm wondering:

Which defense would you rather have ROS: Browns or 49ers?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blew 41% of my budget on Elijah Mitchell but I got him! Also blew too much on Winston and Agholor because no one bid on them. Oops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vargo posted:

I know you should never roster two defenses but I picked up the Browns this week to pay against Houston and now I'm wondering:

The Browns D looked good against the Chiefs. I suspect they have better performances in the future when not facing the Super Bowl champs. The 49ers, on the other hand, almost lost to the Lions. Not entirely the defense's fault but it's still not a good look. The 49ers also happen to play: the Rams, Cardinals, and Seahawks twice each. It's a much tougher schedule.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is it not standard for week 2 waiver priority to be based on week 1 standings?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Is it not standard for week 2 waiver priority to be based on week 1 standings?

It depends on the whether you have reset after claim or a rolling list. Some leagues do it so you can save your waiver for critical moments, others reset weekly based on standings.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vargo posted:

If I have a deep bench I roster a second defense all the time, just looking forward a week to see who the worst offense is playing and stashing them. Cards are available this week because they have Minnesota, but they'd be a waiver claim next week when they get Jacksonville.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Just wanted to say gently caress ESPN and their post-draft rankings that had me dead last in my league.

My ESPN power ranking jumped from 12th to 2nd this week lmao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just flipped Deebo Samuel and Miles Gaskin for Allen Robinson in my PPR league. Feeling good baby.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Just flipped Deebo Samuel and Miles Gaskin for Allen Robinson in my PPR league. Feeling good baby.

I'm thinking about offering something for DK Metcalf. But I'm not sure if Mike Davis (or Elijah Mitchell) + Tee Higgins is good enough.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Vargo posted:

Is the Texans line better or worse than it has been previously? Cause we were pressuring the poo poo out of the Chiefs rebuilt line.