Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lol at the implication that Biden "gets" anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

:sigh:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Biden more like bidet because all he does is blow stuff up your rear end

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Tighclops posted:

Biden more like bidet because all he does is blow stuff up your rear end

that's a douche

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he's one of those too

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Biden sucks, but I’m here for Jagmeet’s new campaign strategy of dragging Trudeau all day long.

i hope he does a yo mamma joke about Margaret Trudeau next

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Biden sucks, but I’m here for Jagmeet’s new campaign strategy of dragging Trudeau all day long.

i hope he does a yo mamma joke about Margaret Trudeau next

Like most people's dads, mine has an irrational hatred of Trudeau. I'm attempting to help him find rational reasons like I have.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/thejagmeetsingh/status/1437904276857180165?s=21

seems a little late but ok I guess?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Tbf I don't know what the hangup is about wanting to cross at that exact intersection. There are crosswalks in any other direction to cross either street! :shrug:

The cross walks are not close to the actual intersection. Sucks for people who can't walk long distances. Also the Underground area is in a state of perpetual construction so you never know if the doors locked

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Most of the people arguing against it are wringing their hands about what-ifs and maybes the same way I'm sure people did when the concept of voting was introduced.

Say what you will about the family compact, but they voted with their aks mobbed up and attacked the GG and killed his brother just for meeting with the reformers

Whoops lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

The cross walks are not close to the actual intersection. Sucks for people who can't walk long distances. Also the Underground area is in a state of perpetual construction so you never know if the doors locked

The underground concourse is dumb, should have been an elevated crossing- but is there any destination at all that would result in that crossing being the most efficient route? Who's going from BMO to TD to Scotiabank to Hy's other than a bank robber?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Also rip to the goat, Norm MacDonald :canada:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

deleted, what was it

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Norm Macdonald's corpse for PM

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
rip to norm and linda is free

what a day

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mediaphage posted:

deleted, what was it

they made an ndp island in animal crossing

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Dreylad posted:

rip to norm and linda is free

longing for used to be

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mediaphage posted:

deleted, what was it

edit: lol it was deleted and reposted cause the phone number was wrong

BGrifter has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Sep 15, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/09/14/teamsters-seek-union-vote-at-amazon-warehouse-in-what-could-be-a-canadian-first.html

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:bisonyes:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
2 weeks from now: shame about that closed down Amazon warehouse

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BGrifter posted:

edit: lol it was deleted and reposted cause the phone number was wrong

our own pokemon go to the polls

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

enki42 posted:

probably, but it'll cost them

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

infernal machines posted:

probably, but it'll cost them

That's true, looking back on that post it may have came off as anti-union or that voting was pointless or counter-productive, of course it's awesome that they're doing that and good on them.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

The underground concourse is dumb, should have been an elevated crossing- but is there any destination at all that would result in that crossing being the most efficient route? Who's going from BMO to TD to Scotiabank to Hy's other than a bank robber?

I used to live and work in downtown Winnipeg and walking through that intersection was my most direct route home. In the winter it was nice to have the underground/skywalk because I could do most of a 30 minute walk inside. In the summer I would hop the barrier, because gently caress walking down into a basement at 11 pm on a weeknight when there was no traffic. If you were never inconvenienced by that intersection it's probably because you didn't spend much time walking around downtown.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Duck Rodgers posted:

I used to live and work in downtown Winnipeg and walking through that intersection was my most direct route home. In the winter it was nice to have the underground/skywalk because I could do most of a 30 minute walk inside. In the summer I would hop the barrier, because gently caress walking down into a basement at 11 pm on a weeknight when there was no traffic. If you were never inconvenienced by that intersection it's probably because you didn't spend much time walking around downtown.

Hmm, doesn't sound like you were much inconvenienced by it either! :v: It's just a weird thing to be fixated on in a city full of questionable infrastructure design choices. If we're talking about something that's ultimately only good for the office crowd and tourists (lol) then it's not really for The People is it?

In my old neighbourhood there was this guy who was obsessed with putting a pedestrian-activated crosswalk (with the flashing lights) on Portage between Queen and St. James. He canvassed hard on it, and even the city said 'gently caress you' in the form of instead putting in lights that are only activated when fire trucks leave the station they built there because what the gently caress did he think that's going to do to traffic, completely halting eight lanes every time someone wants to cross when there are perfectly good controlled crossings not far up and down the street. It's a traffic artery and that's the equivalent of a heart attack. I get that most people are not educated in urban design, least of all the people in charge of running the city, but you don't have to build many SimCities to know a stupid idea when you hear one. It takes a little more imagination than walking up to the busiest intersection in the city every day and going ohhhh noooo, I cant cross here! :saddumb:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress traffic.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Hmm, doesn't sound like you were much inconvenienced by it either! :v: It's just a weird thing to be fixated on in a city full of questionable infrastructure design choices. If we're talking about something that's ultimately only good for the office crowd and tourists (lol) then it's not really for The People is it?

In my old neighbourhood there was this guy who was obsessed with putting a pedestrian-activated crosswalk (with the flashing lights) on Portage between Queen and St. James. He canvassed hard on it, and even the city said 'gently caress you' in the form of instead putting in lights that are only activated when fire trucks leave the station they built there because what the gently caress did he think that's going to do to traffic, completely halting eight lanes every time someone wants to cross when there are perfectly good controlled crossings not far up and down the street. It's a traffic artery and that's the equivalent of a heart attack. I get that most people are not educated in urban design, least of all the people in charge of running the city, but you don't have to build many SimCities to know a stupid idea when you hear one. It takes a little more imagination than walking up to the busiest intersection in the city every day and going ohhhh noooo, I cant cross here! :saddumb:

I wasn't a tourist or office crowd. Most people who live in that part of downtown aren't office crowd. Look at the voting on it. It failed because of people who live in headingley and east st Paul. it's silly to have a major downtown intersection closed to pedestrians

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

fuckin' suburban rear end commuter posting

:qq: won't someone think of the traffic? :qq:

Duck Rodgers posted:

it's silly to have a major downtown intersection closed to pedestrians

it's loving ridiculous unless you're the kind of perverse idiot that believes that the city exists so that you can drive through it to work and back home again, and occasionally to see a game or something.

this is incidentally the same logic behind spending over a billion dollars on a white elephant highway downtown toronto instead of tearing it down and putting in a boulevard. to save an average of 5 min per trip for people who primarily do not live in the city. of the councillors who voted against the boulevard option, absolutely none of them serve downtown constituencies.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 15:18 on Sep 15, 2021

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lol I've been away from the GTA long enough I literally forgot the Gardiner exists.

Lmao they're still trying to polish that turd and they'll never stop, not even when it finally literally collapses.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they just started construction on the $1.2bln rerouting of the elevated eastern portion. that monstrosity will outlive us all

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Teamsters having a good year. Looking forward to our contracts end this nye.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I think that one is because for a while there were a lot of drunk people stumbling out of the Gort and getting smoked when trying to cross to the other side. There's a perfectly good crossing under the bridge right there but I guess people don't use it because homeless dudes hang out there at night, judging by all the beer cans that collect there. Or maybe they're too impatient for stairs so gently caress it let's roll the dice.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

enki42 posted:

i think its far more likely that the vote fails after a concerted propaganda campaign by amazon management combined with firing all prounion employees before the vote

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

alberta's health care system is in such a shambles that it's made international headlines. we did it, everyone

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Vermain posted:

alberta's health care system is in such a shambles that it's made international headlines. we did it, everyone

Lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1438142397683310592?s=20

jfc lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm pretty sure you'd have an easier time finding loving carmen sandiago than jason kenney right now if you went looking. just a truly unbelievably spineless coward in every sense and measure of the term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's good to know that the NDP still doesn't have anyone vetting candidates' social media before an election, after the, what, fifth election where they've had candidates step down in the middle of the campaign?

and to be clear, this isn't over support for palestine or something, this is for incredibly stupid bullshit that should have been flagged ages ago