Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hi i am dexter slur lumis welcome to my wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

that uhhh

that seemed like a half-decent show

anyway, who's next on the chopping block and why is it LA Knight

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how to the bitter final breath they never let go of the fact this marriage is a horrible idea but it's going to happen through sheer stubborness. No matter how hard the wedding tried to fail it made it all the way to the end.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Venomous posted:

that uhhh

I feel like they're going to keep Knight around as the veteran who jobs to the young guys. That seems to be a solid role for him.

Probably slide him into a training role at some point if he isn't already there.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

I like how to the bitter final breath they never let go of the fact this marriage is a horrible idea but it's going to happen through sheer stubborness. No matter how hard the wedding tried to fail it made it all the way to the end.

i liked when they were like "hope dexter dosent muder her with the axe he has on him"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm just glad that once again I get to be in an era of crash tv programming. No wrestling company should ever get to be the only game in town ever again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1437962593742766080

Man those Steiners got some genetics.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Suplex Liberace posted:

hi i am dexter slur lumis welcome to my wedding

The company that literally coached Jake Atlas into not smiling too much or wearing glittery clothes, leveraged him and Mercedes for progressive points during Pride month and then unceremoniously fired both of them making a "Lol the dude is freaking named Gaylord" joke in 2021 is not sitting well with me

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
As much puttin over as he did tonight LA Knight's gotta be main roster bound. he could be solid on Smackdown, which has a dreadfully small men's roster right now

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

The company that literally coached Jake Atlas into not smiling too much or wearing glittery clothes, leveraged him and Mercedes for progressive points during Pride month and then unceremoniously fired both of them making a "Lol the dude is freaking named Gaylord" joke in 2021 is not sitting well with me

Yeah, didn't like that either.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Blaise330 posted:

Wrestlers saying "2.0" out loud all night never failed to sound grating to the ears.

It's a last minute rewrite, it used to be NXT Stab's Boys, but they couldn't get the trademark.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I just saw the name Bron Breakker in a news headline and cracked up. That is the most WWE name I’ve heard in years.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Thank you, Bron Breakker

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

xbilkis posted:

This joke was hacky when Meet The Parents did it 20 years ago, which means it's perfectly relevant by WWE standards today.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

BGrifter posted:

I just saw the name Bron Breakker in a news headline and cracked up. That is the most WWE name I’ve heard in years.

Out with one Braun, in with another Bron

mooseinfants posted:

As much puttin over as he did tonight LA Knight's gotta be main roster bound. he could be solid on Smackdown, which has a dreadfully small men's roster right now

Only 2 smackdowns left til the draft and season premier!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm extremely disappointed they didn't have Damien Priest show up.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
How is it possible they got a brand new name, set, introduced a bunch of new characters, and then stuck the top belt on the most Old NXT guy possible. He even looks old. Bizarre.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I can't wait for the all these WWE superstars to get drafted to the other show and then 2 weeks later start a blood feud against the brand they were just on because the calendar dictates this is the time of year where Raw and Smackdown suddenly hate each other for exactly one month per year.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Blaise330 posted:

Out with one Braun, in with another Bron

I can only assume the breaking of Braun is part of The Lore of the Bron Breakker.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
giving the steiner kid a siren in his entrance, an 80's Steiner Brothers singlet, having him wrestle like a steiner and then naming him Bron Breakker is hilarious

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

How is it possible they got a brand new name, set, introduced a bunch of new characters, and then stuck the top belt on the most Old NXT guy possible. He even looks old. Bizarre.

The plan going back to Samoa Joe having the title seems to be to have an old skilled veteran with the title and a legacy of holding the title that the young up and comers chase. It kind of makes perfect sense for the start of what they're trying to build.

It makes it a bigger deal for the first actual developmental talent that takes the title from Ciampa.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Low Desert Punk posted:

giving the steiner kid a siren in his entrance, an 80's Steiner Brothers singlet, having him wrestle like a steiner and then naming him Bron Breakker is hilarious

The brand is the star

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Digital Jedi posted:

The Wedding of Indi Hartwell & Dexter Lumis
https://streamable.com/k6sal2
This looks like the worst sitcom in awhile.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

mooseinfants posted:

Considering there's a draft coming up soon, it won't be dreadfully small for much longer

if Knight's not chopped after tonight, I suspect they're going to attach him to Corbin or something

actually, speaking of the draft, I imagine they'll gently caress up The Way and InDex by moving them all to Raw and doing a massive breakup angle in, ooh, about four weeks after their main roster debut

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I always go in thinking "This is corny" but then Lumis manages to save the segment every time. Him revealing a hatchet got an audible laugh out of me. I don't know if either Indi or Dexter have good matches in NXT, but their segments are the only streamables I go out of my way to watch every week. Amazing.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

you have to admit it is quite the strategic masterstroke against mr breakker. by the time wwe has worked its star magic the idea of him going anywhere else with his legally born name 'bronson steiner' is thoroughly defenestrated. steiner? who the gently caress is that?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I always go in thinking "This is corny" but then Barney manages to save the segment every time. Him revealing The Barney Bag got an audible laugh out of me. I don't know if either Baby Bop or Barney have good adventures on Nick Jr., but their segments are the only streamables I go out of my way to watch every week. Amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I'm extremely disappointed they didn't have Damien Priest show up.

Damien Priest DID show up, earlier in the show when Johnny and his friends were getting ready for the wedding

and then they hosed it up

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This got me thinking the Dog Faced Gremlin is probably the best nickname thats ever been given to a wrestler. Perfectly evocative of Rick Steiner's character and really sticks in your mind.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I thought it was sweet and wholesome how happy everyone was at the wedding.

Normally wrestling weddings are spiteful affairs, marred by brawling and ruined cakes.

Bear in mind I don't watch the show, and only saw the highlight video posted earlier in this thread, but still it looked like goofy fun.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Venomous posted:

that uhhh

kyle o'reilly will want to get revenge on pete dunne and ridge holland, will lose a tag team match against them with von wagner, will get beat up by von wagner, will win a match against pete dunne only to lose to ridge holland eighteen times in a row and will be quietly released in february

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bron Breakker isn’t a real name y’all are trolling. Not even FCW would give out a name that dumb.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'm starting to feel like Bron Breakker is just going to grow on me. Its kind of fun to say. And its also really dumb.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Bomb Baker is the next Universal champion

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Venomous posted:

Considering there's a draft coming up soon, it won't be dreadfully small for much longer

if Knight's not chopped after tonight, I suspect they're going to attach him to Corbin or something

actually, speaking of the draft, I imagine they'll gently caress up The Way and InDex by moving them all to Raw and doing a massive breakup angle in, ooh, about four weeks after their main roster debut

You're giving WWE a lot of credit to remember the wedding even happened. They'll get called up as completely different characters and the wedding will never be mentioned again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dexter lumis will get regimmicked as a clown named blumkus florpo and then just florpo and hes gonna get legit KOed by nia jax and fired sooooooooooo

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

njsykora posted:

Bron Breakker isn’t a real name y’all are trolling. Not even FCW would give out a name that dumb.

Ciampa: Thank you Bron Breakker

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

also, I really don't think this era of close competion will lead to any sort of WWE resurgence in the long run

I think it'll lead to Vince actually trying for once, but he won't have what it takes to beat AEW, especially since they already employ a large chunk of the next generation of great talent, and they're actually developing them into great stars. Lee Moriarty, for example, has a strong future ahead of him in AEW, and he's bound to go over some surprisingly big names in the next year alone. The Fed'll probably still have a lock on the elderly and people of colour (especially Black people) for a few years to come, but I don't think it'll be enough to stop what's coming.

Anyway, the success of tonight's show was further Humiliation For Loser Hunter

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

this forum will absolutely be renamed bron breakker’s bagoda before the years end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Why bother to name him Breakker if they aren't going to license Accept's "Breaker" for him?