Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Cant take their eyes off that long ball that is so long no receiver will ever catch up to it. Just all googly eyed.

Hooker looked like he was actually just a lot better for the offense even if he has his limitations from what I saw. Either he's protecting the younger guys in this opening season or Heupel just doesn't have a dude he thinks can reliably throw 4 verts with an easy catchable ball cause neither of them looked like THE ANSWER.

Hooker is a Senior with no eligibility left after this year, Milton and Bailey both have 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Mullen's such a charming guy that he parlayed Tim Tebow and two titles into Mississippi State until years of misery in Gainesville brought him back. I can't see him dazzling in any interview. I do think he's a good coach, though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I mean, what is that Twitter account who is claiming Mullen is interviewing for the job?

Seems like a college football fan who started a Twitter lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

I mean, what is that Twitter account who is claiming Mullen is interviewing for the job?

Dan Mullen created the account anonymously to express his real and sincere thoughts about his desire to leave The University of Florida.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Well hell, just point at me why don't you? e: lol this came off as snarky, I was just saying I am a college football fan who has a twitter account.

I have no clue and no reason to think that's a reliable account, less so because of that. But I do like posting dumb coaching rumors about things that won't happen. Er, here, not on twitter.

Don't dare me to post any rumors about Saban wanting to retire in California I find too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Dan Mullen created the account anonymously to express his real and sincere thoughts about his desire to leave The University of Florida.

I mean, we *are* total assholes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, we *are* total assholes.

Who the hell are the Papaya Bois.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

2001 is pretty much a perfect entrance going by the aforementioned criteria, so yeah. Sandstorm is fun, but the 2001 prelude to it absolutely loving rules and is my favorite part (plus Cocky performs a magic trick, how can you not love that).

I still don't know how Cocky does that drat trick.

For those who've never seen it, I can only give you half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yUNGueqTQ

So before this, the curtains are down, and the platform is empty. They pull the curtains up, and then this. Tell me how you fit that giant floofy mascot costume into that little box below. It's not possible!

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 15, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Who the hell are the Papaya Bois.

Danny Ric and Lando Norris went 1-2 at Monza and I got a gangtag out of it (McLaren’s official orange color is “papaya”).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

So before this, the curtains are down, and the platform is empty. They pull the curtains up, and then this. Tell me how you fit that giant floofy mascot costume into that little box below. It's not possible!

That's definitely how it's done

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Starting like a pizzagate conspiracy over the chicken magic trick and demanding to search the tunnel network that must be under the turf at Williams-Brice

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mixed up cocky and Sir Big Spur so it was kind of a let down when I realized it wasn't the actual chicken doing the magic trick.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

I still don't know how Cocky does that drat trick.

For those who've never seen it, I can only give you half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yUNGueqTQ

Ultimate Gamecock Fan
19 subscribers

LeeMajors posted:

Danny Ric and Lando Norris went 1-2 at Monza and I got a gangtag out of it (McLaren’s official orange color is “papaya”).

Ah, well my Formula 1 knowledge is piss poor. I played Gran Turismo 3/4 and saw that those F1 guys always did ridiculously well on the Top Gear track.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

I mixed up cocky and Sir Big Spur so it was kind of a let down when I realized it wasn't the actual chicken doing the magic trick.

South Park did an episode on cock-magic... it's just too dangerous

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

I would legit adopt SCAR as my sidepiece team if one of the times they did the magic trick it was Spurrier who popped out.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
dan mullen's career path from here on out: usc -> dallas cowboys -> consul ordinarius

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I would legit adopt SCAR as my sidepiece team if one of the times they did the magic trick it was Spurrier who popped out.

Sorry he’s back home now it’ll never happen

although this idea is boss as hell and I wish it’d happened

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently Stetson "unleash the loving dragon" Bennet has a strained back. UGA quarterback situation getting weird.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently Stetson "unleash the loving dragon" Bennet has a strained back. UGA quarterback situation getting weird.

Good. So is ours. Lol...maybe we will both hobble into Jax and just slap dicks for a few hours and see how it turns out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I don't know how widely known it is, but Oregon's home entrance -- hype video ending with Kenny Wheaton and the most improbable finish to the football game, Duck on the motorcycle leading out the team onto the field -- is pretty awesome. Sorry this isn't the best version but you get the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oxGnq9WEwE

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm so glad the spirit of Rex "gently caress it, I'm going deep" Grossman lives on.

also the funniest USC thing of the weekend remains the kicker getting ejected for targeting on the very first play.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Edward Mass posted:

I’m pretty sure you’ve literally described the song War Pigs by Black Sabbath.

this one also seems top tier.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Super jazzed to see Saban’s love of “deez nuts” jokes making the rounds again.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
because it needs to be posted every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I love that clip but it always makes me laugh how he's like "and this is just a local derby!" as if Liverpool/Everton wouldnt pack 100k in if they could. He should know that's why it's packed!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

I love that clip but it always makes me laugh how he's like "and this is just a local derby!" as if Liverpool/Everton wouldnt pack 100k in if they could. He should know that's why it's packed!

The UK is quantitatively the Silliest Country and watching a Brit try to "Oh, how quaint" another country will always be amusing and annoying.

"Oh, my goodness gracious, you have a town with a DOG for a magistrate? And he was elected instead of being appointed based on a centuries old obsolete edict from a local earl to settle a land dispute betwixt mud farmers?! Oh dearie me, how wonderfully absurd!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I think it’s the fact that it’s between amateurs that surprises him. AFAIK college sports being a big deal is a uniquely American thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

The UK is quantitatively the Silliest Country and watching a Brit try to "Oh, how quaint" another country will always be amusing and annoying.

"Oh, my goodness gracious, you have a town with a DOG for a magistrate? And he was elected instead of being appointed based on a centuries old obsolete edict from a local earl to settle a land dispute betwixt mud farmers?! Oh dearie me, how wonderfully absurd!"
They still have a jurisdiction that pays a rent of one daffodil to the Prince of Wales, so England really should note that they have no leg to stand on when it comes to questioning others for being weird

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

They still have a jurisdiction that pays a rent of one daffodil to the Prince of Wales, so England really should note that they have no leg to stand on when it comes to questioning others for being weird

Anytime a Brit tries to mock American sports, just point out the Cheese Rolling episode of We Are the Champions.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Unlike the NFL there's next to no coverage of college sports in the UK. I'm not even sure what channel it's shown on over here (it used to be ESPN but who knows if that's still going). There's nothing on the BBC or any of the major sports websites referencing it. Unless you have a reason to pay attention it's just not entered the UK consciousness at all.

So when a layman hears "college sports" they think of maybe the Oxford/Cambridge boat race but American Football and it all seems very silly and strange. There is/was a bit of a push to get it going with universities here but that's still very much not popular.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Send over Liverpool University or Everton State and we’ll kick their asses too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

EvilHawk posted:

Unlike the NFL there's next to no coverage of college sports in the UK. I'm not even sure what channel it's shown on over here (it used to be ESPN but who knows if that's still going). There's nothing on the BBC or any of the major sports websites referencing it. Unless you have a reason to pay attention it's just not entered the UK consciousness at all.

So when a layman hears "college sports" they think of maybe the Oxford/Cambridge boat race but American Football and it all seems very silly and strange. There is/was a bit of a push to get it going with universities here but that's still very much not popular.

Turns out there isn’t much of an appetite for bashing your brains in for free on the slimmest hope of unfathomable wealth in a nation with basic and functional social services.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

America bad

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

a nation with basic and functional social services.

Lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wonder how big Mullen's raise will be. Well-deserved at this point imo, even if he is an abrasive dipshit.

It's all relative, friend.

Also, tories trying to tear it all down doesn't change the fact they implemented them in the first place.

Again, by comparison, they look like a communist utopia.

America would be pretty rad if it did the bare minimum of caring about its citizens instead of funneling money to like 500 people while the world burns.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The only reason that college football is a thing is the unstoppable force of inertia. Reading any more into it is a fool's errand. The sport was an amateur sport almost to the 70s. Pro football as a national sport barely existed in the 60s. That's practically yesterday. Our parents were still children.

The AFL that becomes the AFC didn't exist until 1960. Eight NFL teams predate World War II. The Big Ten was 24 years old when the first NFL team formed. Penn State was on season 46 when the Steelers and Eagles both formed. College football is old.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

The only reason that college football is a thing is the unstoppable force of inertia. Reading any more into it is a fool's errand. The sport was an amateur sport almost to the 70s. Pro football as a national sport barely existed in the 60s. That's practically yesterday. Our parents were still children.

The AFL that becomes the AFC didn't exist until 1960. Eight NFL teams predate World War II. The Big Ten was 24 years old when the first NFL team formed. Penn State was on season 46 when the Steelers and Eagles both formed. College football is old.

I have to basically ignore the problematic parts of CFB to enjoy it anymore.

Goddamn, I do love it though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hooker is a Senior with no eligibility left after this year, Milton and Bailey both have 3.

1, Hooker should have another year thanks to the RONA bonus year he was only a RS Junior last year.

2, HOW THE gently caress DOES MILTON HAVE 3 YEARS LEFT? Dude was at Michigan seemingly forever. I thought for sure he was same as hooker a 2 year dude as a RSJr coming in.

3, its really surprising to me that Bailey or Harrison didn't actually get the job since they have much better deep balls that are catchable based on prior performance than Hooker or Milton.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 15, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

1, Hooker should have another year thanks to the RONA bonus year he was only a RS Junior last year.

2, HOW THE gently caress DOES MILTON HAVE 3 YEARS LEFT? Dude was at Michigan seemingly forever. I thought for sure he was same as hooker a 2 year dude as a RSJr coming in.

3, its really surprising to me that Bailey or Harrison didn't actually get the job since they have much better deep balls that are catchable based on prior performance than Hooker or Milton.

1. You're right, Hooker has two - he's a grad transfer so I assumed one. RS-Sr this year

2. Milton - RS Jr this year, so 2 years + covid year

3. Finkle is Einhorn....Einhorn is Finkle Harrison Bailey is one person

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I wonder how big Mullen's raise will be. Well-deserved at this point imo, even if he is an abrasive dipshit.

Jimmy Sexton already got Dan Mullen a raise this off-season to $7.6MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

3. Finkle is Einhorn....Einhorn is Finkle Harrison Bailey is one person

Hahahaha i'm dumb.

My biggest takeaway from last Saturday was that the team is fun to watch again even if they're not really good enough to win a lot.