Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is Tyrell Williams even worth rostering anymore? I'm torn between dropping him for Tim Patrick or holding onto him to see what happens after concussion protocol, in case the Lions start throwing a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Just wanted to say gently caress ESPN and their post-draft rankings that had me dead last in my league. I'm currently obliterating my opponent and on pace the be the high scorer in my league.

Kyler Murray :c00l:

Those are 100% based on "how rigidly did you mindlessly click the draft now button?" I'm in a league with two autodrafted teams ( one as a gimmick, one as a legit mistake) and they were projected 1-2 until yesterday.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I formally rescind all coward claims against ChesNeckbeard.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Swift going to be splitting time with Williams all year? Got offered Russell Wilson and Latavius Murray for Swift in a PPR league. Pretty desperate for a QB (my starter is Tannehill) and Swift is sitting on my bench (I also have Gaskin on the bench).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Is Swift going to be splitting time with Williams all year? Got offered Russell Wilson and Latavius Murray for Swift in a PPR league. Pretty desperate for a QB (my starter is Tannehill) and Swift is sitting on my bench (I also have Gaskin on the bench).

Terrible offer. It's one week into the season, tamnehill will be fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Elijah Mitchell went for 585 / 1000 dollars in my league. I want to laugh but he outbid someone by 9 dollars who outbid someone by 1 dollar.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Niwrad posted:

I agree with sourdough, you have to give Tannehill another week. Hopefully for fantasy owners someone smacks the new OC upside the head to get him to run more and use more play-action.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Even if Tannehill ends up being awful and needs to be replaced, do not make that deal. That'd be an awful trade for you.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Jaw dropping amounts of FAAB dropped on a Shannahan RB today goddamn :lol:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Matt Zerella posted:

Jaw dropping amounts of FAAB dropped on a Shannahan RB today goddamn :lol:

Meanwhile here's me stashing Jeff Wilson in my IR slot...:ssh:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The guy I beat out in bidding is spamming me with messages right now. FAAB is so fun!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Even if Tannehill ends up being awful and needs to be replaced, do not make that deal. That'd be an awful trade for you.

Yeah even in a 12 team league there are 32 starting QBs, just stream the position and stay on the lookout for possible breakouts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hmm IR Jeff Wilson huh?

...too bad Rashod Bateman and Jerry Jeudy are both taking those spaces up. :/

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
What would you guys do for D/ST this week:

Start the 49ers you already have?

or...

Drop the Jameis Winston you just picked up for Browns or Saints D/ST?

Jameis is the only player on my bench I really want to give up at this current point in time, despite me literally just picking him up (I don't plan on starting him anyways - Rodgers is my guy unless he has another week of pure poo poo). I don't exactly have a lack of faith in the 49ers either, but their schedule leading up to the BYE does look quite rough...

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 15, 2021

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would go with Browns or Saints. Personally I went with the Saints, but experts like the Browns this week.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Somebody spent half their FAAB on KJ Osborn and nobody else in the league bid on him at all. Those 9 targets do NOT feel sustainable to me.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a manager in my league spent $88 out of his $100 budget on mitchell

yowza

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

ChocolatePancake posted:

I would go with Browns or Saints. Personally I went with the Saints, but experts like the Browns this week.

I am thinking Saints as well. Do you agree that they seem startable all the way up until the shared BYE week with SF? My plan would be to start them up to that point, stream for a week, then shift to SF full time. I definitely shouldn't be worried about trying to hold Winston, either, right?

abelwingnut posted:

a manager in my league spent $88 out of his $100 budget on mitchell

yowza

The winner in my league wasted 13% and I think even THAT was too much. I think I bid 8% lol.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I got Singletary for a song relative to what people are paying for Mitchell. In our dynasty league someone bid all $100 of their budget for Mitchell, but at least in that kind of league it can make some sense.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Should I be worried about Zeke? Should I trade him away? He was my first round pick, 5th overall. I know the Week 1 matchup wasn't favorable but the Cowboys went to the air so much that game it makes me nervous. My other RBs are D. Harris and AJ Dillon. I didn't bother going for Mitchell on waivers this week since I don't think he beats out any of my rostered RBs, first of all, and secondly because I was 9th in waiver order and I wasn't getting him one way or the other. But most importantly Antonio Brown was on waivers and I grabbed him cleanly (especially since I was able to throw Jeudy on IR so I didn't have to drop anyone for him) with the 9th waiver pick - I think even with a higher pick he's a better grab than Mitchell.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I spent too much money on Mitchell and I am fully ready to eat poo poo on the deal but also I'm in a 12-man league with two FLEX spots, the Waiver Wire is going to be dogshit by Week Five, what am I saving my money for?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Spit in their face

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Should I be worried about Zeke? Should I trade him away? He was my first round pick, 5th overall. I know the Week 1 matchup wasn't favorable but the Cowboys went to the air so much that game it makes me nervous. My other RBs are D. Harris and AJ Dillon. I didn't bother going for Mitchell on waivers this week since I don't think he beats out any of my rostered RBs, first of all, and secondly because I was 9th in waiver order and I wasn't getting him one way or the other. But most importantly Antonio Brown was on waivers and I grabbed him cleanly (especially since I was able to throw Jeudy on IR so I didn't have to drop anyone for him) with the 9th waiver pick - I think even with a higher pick he's a better grab than Mitchell.

Even if trading away Zeke is something you want to do he's currently at his lowest possible value right now. If you want to trade him, do it after he scores two touchdowns in a game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lotta folks itt lol’ing about spending ~33% or mor FAAB on Mitchell but tbh I think it’s a fair idea. I agree with sourdough below.

sourdough posted:

Sure but you have to take a shot at guys like this or you'll never get a 2020 James Robinson. Best case scenario not spending the money is someone like CMC or Kamara goes down and you bid it all and hope whatever FAAB tiebreaker goes your way and the handcuff is actually worth it.

If you aren’t making it rain for a situation like Mitchell, who are you saving the FAAB for in deep bench or 12 team leagues?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Gin_Rummy posted:

I am thinking Saints as well. Do you agree that they seem startable all the way up until the shared BYE week with SF? My plan would be to start them up to that point, stream for a week, then shift to SF full time. I definitely shouldn't be worried about trying to hold Winston, either, right?

The winner in my league wasted 13% and I think even THAT was too much. I think I bid 8% lol.

My plan is to, hopefully, start them until their bye. I haven't looked past that.
I also went for Arizona defense in another league, they could be a sneaky good play this week, and get the Jags next week.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

kiimo posted:

Even if trading away Zeke is something you want to do he's currently at his lowest possible value right now. If you want to trade him, do it after he scores two touchdowns in a game.

What RBs should I be targeting for a Zeke trade? I don't want a package deal, I like my bench and rest of roster, so one for one.

Also what are people's thoughts on Winston? I like Cousins match-up week to week even if he's not himself a top QB I think he can reliably net 20 pts a week. Right now I have Cousins starting and Trey Lance on my bench. I think Lance blows up midway through the fantasy season so I'm keen on keeping him. If I had a benched QB that wasn't T. Lance I'd have Winston already, for what it's worth.

Edit: Is it dumb to keep A.J. Brown and Julio Jones rostered and starting? Should I look for a trade there?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Is Swift going to be splitting time with Williams all year?

No

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

Is Swift going to be splitting time with Williams all year?

The question is irrelevant to either 's fantasy production. Both should be rostered in all leagues.

Swift averaged under 9 carries a game behind AP last year and still finished top 20 in terms of total points.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 15, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What RBs should I be targeting for a Zeke trade? I don't want a package deal, I like my bench and rest of roster, so one for one.

Also what are people's thoughts on Winston? I like Cousins match-up week to week even if he's not himself a top QB I think he can reliably net 20 pts a week. Right now I have Cousins starting and Trey Lance on my bench. I think Lance blows up midway through the fantasy season so I'm keen on keeping him. If I had a benched QB that wasn't T. Lance I'd have Winston already, for what it's worth.

Edit: Is it dumb to keep A.J. Brown and Julio Jones rostered and starting? Should I look for a trade there?

One for one I don't think there's really an equal for Zeke. You won't get any of the top 3 and I think he's better than the rest.

Any offer you get will be a lowball anyways.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I picked up Arizona for defense this week. That make sense right? Also...

Oh cool an "everything" designation

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
One for one trades at the same position don't make a ton of sense and are very rare because you have to both like the other guy's guy better.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Oh cool an "everything" designation

:same:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol OBJ ruled out for week 2 already. Getting the feeling I’ve got another droppable receiver on the roster!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

As a CMC and Sanders owner, would you rather have Hubard or Gainwell? I only have space for one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Vargo posted:

I know you should never roster two defenses but I picked up the Browns this week to pay against Houston and now I'm wondering:

Which defense would you rather have ROS: Browns or 49ers?

Probably the Browns I guess, definitely the Browns for next week. I don't know, I like the niners they are good for sacks and interceptions but looking at it analytically the Browns have more talent overall and the 49ers have a concerning CB situation now. I'm still sticking the niners but I would advise not to

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm thinking about offering something for DK Metcalf. But I'm not sure if Mike Davis (or Elijah Mitchell) + Tee Higgins is good enough.

I would offer that, but they very well may not think it's good enough

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Jamaal scored higher than Swift and I guess technically got the start this past Sunday.

Did he? I don't think it'll last. Swift is just so explosive, and in PPR leagues he will certainly catch more screens and checkdowns than Jamaal overall. And I think he'll produce more on the touches he does get.

Koopa Kid posted:

lol OBJ ruled out for week 2 already. Getting the feeling I’ve got another droppable receiver on the roster!

Speaking of that, pick 3 in PPR: Ceedee Lamb vs LAC, Corey Davis vs. NE, Mike Williams vs. DAL, and Jarvis Landry vs HOU.

Davis did well for me last week but that's because he managed to snag both of the Jets touchdowns against the Panthers. Jets may well not even score that many touchdowns against NE and it's unsustainable obviously that he would get them all. He's clear WR1 but the team is just so bad. Ceedee had a nice game and I'll probably stick with him. With OBJ out Jarvis is more valuable, and Mike Williams had a very strong game against a good Washington defense and could definitely have a breakout year. Against Dallas, too.

What do you guys think? For me the main decision I guess is between Corey Davis and Jarvis Landry I think, Dallas defense is too soft to ignore re: Williams. But I'm curious what anyone else thinks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chernabog posted:

As a CMC and Sanders owner, would you rather have Hubard or Gainwell? I only have space for one.

Gainwell has standalone value and Chuba does not.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Chernabog posted:

Get someone else’s handcuff

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Did he? I don't think it'll last. Swift is just so explosive, and in PPR leagues he will certainly catch more screens and checkdowns than Jamaal overall. And I think he'll produce more on the touches he does get.
Thats what the buzz was but I didnt check for myself. I dont think it will last either.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

dkj posted:

Get someone else’s handcuff

I already have J. Williams and Jeff Wilson on the IR spot.
Ended up going with Gainwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Trade advice, since y'all seem to like Swift so much. I had a friend offer me Swift for CeeDee Lamb. Here's my roster:

QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Najee Harris, Chase Edmonds, Ty'son Williams, Jamaal Williams
WR: Mike Evans, Lamb, Lockett, Deebo, Mooney,
TE: Tonyan
D/ST who cares
K who cares

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 TE/WR Flex

I'm feeling it's mostly a sideways move that might give me a beter starting option as Najee gets his legs under him, but not sure I have the real depth at WR to make that move in a (effectively) 3WR league.