Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would trade Lamb for Swift in a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ChuckBTY posted:

Trade advice, since y'all seem to like Swift so much. I had a friend offer me Swift for CeeDee Lamb. Here's my roster:

QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Najee Harris, Chase Edmonds, Ty'son Williams, Jamaal Williams
WR: Mike Evans, Lamb, Lockett, Deebo, Mooney,
TE: Tonyan
D/ST who cares
K who cares

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 TE/WR Flex

I'm feeling it's mostly a sideways move that might give me a beter starting option as Najee gets his legs under him, but not sure I have the real depth at WR to make that move in a (effectively) 3WR league.
If it were me I would do that trade and start Chubb, Najee, and Swift. With the new offense Lockett will hopefully be more consistent. I do agree that its somewhat sideways but I feel like Deebo and Mooney are good WR depth since there is a lot of doubt around Aiyuk in SF and no other WR options in Chi other than Mooney and ARob.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, they can't start Chubb, Swift, and Najee. That's a tough spot, because you do that trade and you're counting on Evans, Lockett, and Deebo as every week starters. Maybe sound out any teams desperate for an RB to see if Najee (or Tyson+?) can get you an upgrade at WR? Not sure it'll be worth it though, need a pretty good WR to make Swift + WR definitely better than Najee + Lamb.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I definitely like Swift better than Lamb but you already have two good starting RBs, so you don’t NEED Swift, and you also don’t have the WR depth to lose Lamb.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m keeping Lamb in that scenario. Najee’s numbers will come. Dude’s workload is insane, he will definitely thrive against the lower half of run defenses even with Pitt’s awful O-line.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

1. Should I trade some rbs to upgrade at wr?
2. If so, which RBs should I try and trade?
3. How much of an upgrade at WR do you think I could get?

League has a bunch of people I don’t know so I’m unsure of how the trade culture is with them.

0.5 ppr. 1 wr/te flex, 1 rb/wr flex. 2 wr 2 rb 1 te.

Rbs:
Mixon (Cin)
Sanders (Phi)
T. Williams (Bal)
Hines (Ind)
Mitchell (SF)
A Mattison (Min)
T Jones (NO)

WRs:
A Cooper (Dal)
Landry (CLE)
Boyd (Cin)
M Calloway (NO)

I’m tempted to sit another week and see if Calloway turns into something.

The main goal is to turn Boys into somebody consistently earning more points.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m keeping Lamb in that scenario. Najee’s numbers will come. Dude’s workload is insane, he will definitely thrive against the lower half of run defenses even with Pitt’s awful O-line.

I could go both ways on the hypothetical trade. Your logic here is sound. That said, Swift’s upside is much higher than Najee’s and I think the good scenarios would more than make up the difference of losing lamb.

But also, Dal has a good offense and bad defense, so lamb is gonna get his too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ChuckBTY posted:

Trade advice, since y'all seem to like Swift so much. I had a friend offer me Swift for CeeDee Lamb. Here's my roster:

QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Najee Harris, Chase Edmonds, Ty'son Williams, Jamaal Williams
WR: Mike Evans, Lamb, Lockett, Deebo, Mooney,
TE: Tonyan
D/ST who cares
K who cares

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 TE/WR Flex

I'm feeling it's mostly a sideways move that might give me a beter starting option as Najee gets his legs under him, but not sure I have the real depth at WR to make that move in a (effectively) 3WR league.

This is basically a coin flip. I would definitely do it, because I need running backs, but you don't really so I'd probably hold off. Your team would be pretty strong either way I think.

Lamb is looking pretty promising though, put up very nice numbers against a good defense even WITH Amari Cooper putting up much nicer numbers.

Play posted:

Speaking of that, pick 3 in PPR: Ceedee Lamb vs LAC, Corey Davis vs. NE, Mike Williams vs. DAL, and Jarvis Landry vs HOU.

Any takers? Leaning towards Ceedee, Mike Williams and Landry since OBJ isn't playing. Is it reasonable to bench Corey Davis, who's the only actual WR1 on my team?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

1. Should I trade some rbs to upgrade at wr?
2. If so, which RBs should I try and trade?
3. How much of an upgrade at WR do you think I could get?

League has a bunch of people I don’t know so I’m unsure of how the trade culture is with them.

0.5 ppr. 1 wr/te flex, 1 rb/wr flex. 2 wr 2 rb 1 te.

Rbs:
Mixon (Cin)
Sanders (Phi)
T. Williams (Bal)
Hines (Ind)
Mitchell (SF)
A Mattison (Min)
T Jones (NO)

WRs:
A Cooper (Dal)
Landry (CLE)
Boyd (Cin)
M Calloway (NO)

I’m tempted to sit another week and see if Calloway turns into something.

The main goal is to turn Boys into somebody consistently earning more points.

You don’t really have the depth to trade anyone on this team.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Any takers? Leaning towards Ceedee, Mike Williams and Landry since OBJ isn't playing. Is it reasonable to bench Corey Davis, who's the only actual WR1 on my team?
I could see the Browns not throwing a lot because Houston probably wont be able to handle their run game so I would lean Corey Davis who is the only healthy WR on that team thats worth a drat.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Can I get a roster check? Where am I weak, where should I be looking?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RCarr posted:

For real? I feel like I have solid rb depth to trade for a wideout.

Hmm

Play
Apr 25, 2006

RCarr posted:

I don't think it'd be a horrible idea to see if there are any takers for Mitchell or Williams, sell high while you can and Mixon and Sanders should be superior I think.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Can I get a roster check? Where am I weak, where should I be looking?

WR and QB I think. Not sure how I feel about AJ Dillon and Trey Lance taking up bench spots either

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm pretty much stuck with QB unless I go to streaming QB or something. There isn't anyone worth picking up on waivers except Winston, who I don't see as a better player to roster than Cousins at present. Probably a much better upside but I doubt as much consistency...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm pretty much stuck with QB unless I go to streaming QB or something. There isn't anyone worth picking up on waivers except Winston, who I don't see as a better player to roster than Cousins at present. Probably a much better upside but I doubt as much consistency...
Cousins is inconsistent as hell (in my experience) and also allergic to primetime games. He is permanently on my Do Not Draft list.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hmm

All question marks behind Mixon and Sanders. If you can get a taker buying one of the other guys at their ceiling, go for it, but otherwise probably best to hold Mitchell and Tyson and hope one of them pans out.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Cousins is inconsistent as hell (in my experience) and also allergic to primetime games. He is permanently on my Do Not Draft list.

And Winston is better anyway :hai:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sourdough posted:

And Winston is better anyway :hai:

And less likely to be suddenly unavailable for a quarantine period!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I could see the Browns not throwing a lot because Houston probably wont be able to handle their run game so I would lean Corey Davis who is the only healthy WR on that team thats worth a drat.

Ugh. You're right but Houston being such a good matchup and NE being such a bad matchup, with Odell out Jarvis is basically number 1 there and it feels like my best chance to get good points with him. After how the Jets played against the Panthers I would not even be surprised to see them score 0 touchdowns against the Pats, and to struggle mightily to throw the ball.

On the positive side they will have to throw because they'll be down. Thanks for the input, I think I will probably follow it. Jarvis is probably not the guy to put huge hopes into

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Ugh. You're right but Houston being such a good matchup and NE being such a bad matchup, with Odell out Jarvis is basically number 1 there and it feels like my best chance to get good points with him. After how the Jets played against the Panthers I would not even be surprised to see them score 0 touchdowns against the Pats, and to struggle mightily to throw the ball.

On the positive side they will have to throw because they'll be down. Thanks for the input, I think I will probably follow it. Jarvis is probably not the guy to put huge hopes into
Yeah its tough. I'm not an expert but thats what my gut says. All that being said, the Texans surprised the poo poo out of the Jaguars with some good game planning, such that the Jags D made a lot of mistakes (really bad lack of communication). The Texans could surprise the Browns and maybe Jarvis will get a lot of looks. Its by no means a lock to play Davis over Landry because like you mentioned, the Jets could struggle even worse against the Pats. Also the Jets just activated Crowder, but if anything that should help Davis because Crowder actually is someone to keep an eye on, unlike... Braxton Berrios?!?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hmm

Mixon and Sanders are solid, but after that no. I definitely wouldn’t want to trade either Mixon or Sanders and then have to rely on one of those other guys week in and week out. Plus if you trade one and the other gets hurt your season is over.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah its tough. I'm not an expert but thats what my gut says. All that being said, the Texans surprised the poo poo out of the Jaguars with some good game planning, such that the Jags D made a lot of mistakes (really bad lack of communication). The Texans could surprise the Browns and maybe Jarvis will get a lot of looks. Its by no means a lock to play Davis over Landry because like you mentioned, the Jets could struggle even worse against the Pats. Also the Jets just activated Crowder, but if anything that should help Davis because Crowder actually is someone to keep an eye on, unlike... Braxton Berrios?!?

such are the vicissitudes of fantasy football my friend! I really do appreciate the input

RCarr posted:

Mixon and Sanders are solid, but after that no. I definitely wouldn’t want to trade either Mixon or Sanders and then have to rely on one of those other guys week in and week out. Plus if you trade one and the other gets hurt your season is over.

For sure the only trade candidates there are Mitchell and Williams in my mind, trade Mixon or Sanders and then your RBs are in the same situation as your WRs

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a sit/start thread still?

I feel like Don't sit your studs is going to get put to the test tonight with Saquon. Thursday night game with a guy who's barely played football and who's coach has said he won't be unleashed yet.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I got offered Terry McLaurin for my Elijah Mitchell in 0.5 PPR. I have Zeke, Montgomery, Mike Davis, and RoJo at RB. Mash accept?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Is there a sit/start thread still?

Yup!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
There is a sit/start thread, yes.

I don't think Saquon is a stud until he's healthy. His volume is limited. There are a lot of guys I'd start ahead of him right now.

Doppelganger posted:

I got offered Terry McLaurin for my Elijah Mitchell in 0.5 PPR. I have Zeke, Montgomery, Mike Davis, and RoJo at RB. Mash accept?

Hell yeah I'd mash that, your RB depth is good and there's zero guarantee that Mitchell will start now with Sermon active, much less when Wilson returns.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doppelganger posted:

I would mash because knowing Shanahan, Mitchell will be a healthy scratch in two weeks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea there’s definitely a caveat in regards to studs coming off injury. I have to see at least one productive game before I consider them un-sittable. I wouldn’t start Saquon yet if I had other decent options. Especially on a short week.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
would anyone Swap Cole Beasley or Robbie Anderson for Mike Williams in a 12 man ppr?
Edit.

Actually i just got Williams for Anderson. I love Robby but hate his quarterback.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 16, 2021

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

chilihead posted:

would anyone Swap Cole Beasley or Robbie Anderson for Mike Williams in a 12 man ppr?
Edit.

Actually i just got Williams for Anderson. I love Robby but hate his quarterback.

I'm a big Williams fan

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Worth trading Elijah Mitchell for Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or Sutton in a 14 team standard league? My preference likely in that order.

I have Henry, CEH, and Damien Harris at RB while Boyd, Aiyuk, and Shepard at WR.

It is kind of premature to flip him this early, but I don't trust 49er RBs so Mitchell's value might be at an all time high right now if Sermon takes over or whatever. If he has a good week 2 then maybe I can try and ask for more.

Edit: just saw the McLaurin offer above, maybe I should aim higher?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would mash because knowing Shanahan, Mitchell will be a healthy scratch in two weeks

Mash

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Are people trying to buy low on Saquon in hopes of him being back to form in the 2nd half of the year, or is he someone to avoid? I didn't follow football in the offseason much and don't know much about his health beyond the fact that he's ramping up slowly and being eased in.

He was a DND at his ADP for me, but if I could get him on the cheap...

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Okay, I'm going to drop Cousins for Winston and if it bites me I'm going to be very upset.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gobias Ind. posted:

Are people trying to buy low on Saquon in hopes of him being back to form in the 2nd half of the year, or is he someone to avoid? I didn't follow football in the offseason much and don't know much about his health beyond the fact that he's ramping up slowly and being eased in.

He was a DND at his ADP for me, but if I could get him on the cheap...

As a Giants fan I want nothing to do with him or anyone on this extremely bad team. I know there's gold on bad teams, the Giants are not one of those teams. Trash from the owner down to the coaches, bad O line, bad QB, 1 good receiver (Sheppard).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Should I roster Zach Moss or Darnell Mooney? I absolutely love Mooney, I think he's going to be a very good player especially once Fields is playing. Just oodles of promise.

I wanted Singletary (who for some reason was listed BELOW Moss on Yahoo's draft list) but ended up drafting Moss because someone was too clever for me. But him not playing at all in the first game was crushing and looks so bad. I mean it could be so bad that he doesn't get any work unless Singletary gets injured, which I don't think he is particularly prone to.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Okay, I'm going to drop Cousins for Winston and if it bites me I'm going to be very upset.

you can come to my house and pinch my booty if it goes wrong

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'd take Mooney over Moss yeah. In fact, I have done so in my PPR league! Don't think Moss is even on a roster (of course that league has short benches). Until the Bills show an inclination to run the ball *at all* they barely have one RB rostering much less two. Not like you can hope too much for a random TD because Allen is getting most of those.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

you can come to my house and pinch my booty if it goes wrong
Hell, same.

Pain of Mind posted:

Worth trading Elijah Mitchell for Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or Sutton in a 14 team standard league? My preference likely in that order.

I have Henry, CEH, and Damien Harris at RB while Boyd, Aiyuk, and Shepard at WR.

It is kind of premature to flip him this early, but I don't trust 49er RBs so Mitchell's value might be at an all time high right now if Sermon takes over or whatever. If he has a good week 2 then maybe I can try and ask for more.

Edit: just saw the McLaurin offer above, maybe I should aim higher?
I want no part of Mitchell so I am biased but yes with those RBs I would sell sell sell while he's hot and people are desperate.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don’t trust Winston yet at all. That efficiency is impossible to maintain and he has a storied history of being bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I don’t trust Winston yet at all. That efficiency is impossible to maintain and he has a storied history of being bad.
He's in a different system with one of the NFL's best playcallers, a top 3 OL, a top 5 RB, and apparently a really good defense, so you never know! I trust him more than I trust Cousins, thats for sure.