Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He's applying for payroll management jobs, so it's very specifically a job where fiscal responsibility is scrutinized. If you're an HR VP and you okayed a guy with a recentish bankruptcy and he screws up your company money your career is toast. You can blame shift a lot but that's the kind of thing the next rung down can use to bury you. At that level corp career moves are all politics and backstabbing.

Now, I don't believe it is killing every job offer, some are probably just the natural "only one person gets a job" things. But since you know one job spiked you because of the bankruptcy then that brand multiple did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I've got an interview lined up tomorrow which I'm feeling fine and confident about except for one question I know will come up.

I'm interviewing for a similar position to the one I currently have in the same industry. They're going to ask why I'm shopping around. The answer is I'm sick of my current company's poo poo and just want out but I dont want to come off that way.

Also related: if I'm successful, accept the new job and hand in my notice, my current employer is certainly going to ask 'why' and I dont want to burn bridges, it's an industry where everyone knows each other.

I'm UK based if that's relevant

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

el dingo posted:

I've got an interview lined up tomorrow which I'm feeling fine and confident about except for one question I know will come up.

I'm interviewing for a similar position to the one I currently have in the same industry. They're going to ask why I'm shopping around. The answer is I'm sick of my current company's poo poo and just want out but I dont want to come off that way.

Also related: if I'm successful, accept the new job and hand in my notice, my current employer is certainly going to ask 'why' and I dont want to burn bridges, it's an industry where everyone knows each other.

Job hunting and salary culture in the UK seems to differ from the US from what I've seen here.

That said, any time your response to your prep questions is negative, figure out how to rephrase it positively. Your ex isn't ugly, your new partner is pretty.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

el dingo posted:

yeah like what are you actually sick of, write down a list and then you can frame it in an "i'm looking for [opposite of an item on the list] and i think you can provide that because [some poo poo you researched about the company you're applying to]"

inre bankruptcy chat this probably makes me a bad person or whatever but i'm sure as hell not signing off on someone who has a bankruptcy to touch the firm's money. it can be for the best reason in the world. there's too much risk for what is a fairly abundant skillset in the market. there's a reason companies can outsource payroll.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

L

life is killing me posted:

Sure, and thanks for a different perspective. My main hesitation here is that I’m seeing current workers in my field, who are largely anti-vaccine, talking of attempting to somehow prod the big union in the industry into rallying with them to go against Biden’s mandate. Doesn’t seem like it’ll go well at all, and I’m nervous that, upon getting a job and joining a union, that perhaps a labor union that would do that is not one I want to be a part of—my dues money essentially going toward efforts with which I disagree. I’m of the camp that absolutely believes the mandate is the right thing to do, but knowing that I could opt out if a union’s efforts don’t align with my own views on whatever.

Basically I don’t want to get caught up in that. I barely want to work next to people who don’t give a gently caress about spreading disease in the name of their personal freedoms (which aren’t even relevant, honestly)

Perhaps all I’ve heard really is propaganda and I need to do more research, which I’m doing now, but thank you for a perspective other than the one I have/had because I don’t know much about labor unions that I haven’t heard from someone decrying them for being political lobbyists and for where the money goes.

What I do know is this would be my first experience in a field (civilian-wise) where unions are a thing, and I’m hesitant—but maybe I’m overthinking it given that joining one wouldn’t necessarily be a condition of employment so other options are on the table and I’m considering them a little too early before I know enough.

Unions almost always give you a leg up, although how much depends very highly on how easily the place can find workers and how devastating a strike or work stoppage would be to the places bottom line. I don’t know what aeronautics job you’re going for specifically but it sounds like you’re in the sweet spot of “can’t just take a bum off the street” and “a strike could maybe wreck the entire economy” which means the unions probably negotiated an absolutely ridiculous contract and you should absolutely join.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

L

Unions almost always give you a leg up, although how much depends very highly on how easily the place can find workers and how devastating a strike or work stoppage would be to the places bottom line. I don’t know what aeronautics job you’re going for specifically but it sounds like you’re in the sweet spot of “can’t just take a bum off the street” and “a strike could maybe wreck the entire economy” which means the unions probably negotiated an absolutely ridiculous contract and you should absolutely join.

Line assembler or airframe and powerplant mechanic. Not the easiest to find workers for a lot of the airlines, almost all of which seem to be unionized. I mean so be it, I’ve spent thousands on a prep course and exams so that’s gonna have to be what it is. Lots of aviation companies and large airlines are seemingly hurting for certified A&P mechanics, but I haven’t worked on aircraft in about a decade and I’d be the new guy anywhere I go, so a large-ish salary out the gate won’t be in the cards for me—though perhaps a union could help with that. But they won’t be there to negotiate a salary when I do end up finding a job

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you seem to kind of misunderstand how a collective bargaining agreement works - in a shop with a CBA your starting wage is prenegotiated by the union and is highly formulaic. this has both advantages and disadvantages. the CBA will dictate your wage regardless of whether you choose to join the union.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The starting salary has already been pre-negotiated by the Union. It'll either be a good starting pay (including OT) or you'll be on a path to good pay pretty quickly if they have some sort of probationary period.

The relationship between Union and Business is usually not a combative one, despite what pop culture has shown. They have really similar goals and objectives and it's not like the management you actually directly work with care all that much about how much money is spent on the Union contract. They just want the line to go smooth and objectives to be met.

This is very outside but from what I know about those kinds of jobs is the pay is good, there is frequently lots of overtime but the the work/life balance can be rough. Be careful becoming too dependent on the OT checks. When OT gets cut (like it did in 2020) your paycheck might drop 30% from average despite still working FT hours. That can be hard on people who are used to that lifestyle.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Pillowpants posted:

The reason I keep arguing it is that I AM in HR and none of the people In my company HR have ever seen anyone get nixed over bankruptcy. I work in a 1600 person company, and the most anyone has seen is a special form that the hiree has to fill out - and this was at a wealth management company.

I’ve also reached out to my many contacts in other places I’ve worked for and it’s never prevented them either.

I know that HR is garbage but the recruiter who rescinded my first offer told me that company policy prevented them from telling my potential manager why - just that it was something on the credit report.

It’s easy to pull a background check, but I’m pretty sure a credit report is something you have to sign off on, and that was the first time in my career anyone has pulled one on me.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure my total lack of charisma is loving me at the end every single time

It's not a charisma thing if you're repeatedly getting multiple interviews for a job. Now if you'd tell us that you've been on 7 first interviews and can't make it to round 2, then maybe it could be a charisma issue.

I really think having the active BK on your record is what's killing these jobs for you. It'd be one thing if it was a closed/discharged Chapter 7 from 3 years ago, but it sounds like it's an active Chapter 13 you still have 18ish months of payments left on. I can 100% understand why companies don't want to hire a payroll manager, with direct access to company funds, with an active Chapter 13.

I'm very sympathetic to your situation. All I can tell you is it'll get better over time. My wife filed Chapter 7 over 15 years ago, and she worked her way up to a bank manager position at one of the countries largest credit unions. I have a record from doing something really stupid when I was 18. It has affected my career options almost my entire life. I've been fortunate to find employers who understood mistakes were made and I'm a different person than when I was 18, and I've been very fortunate to have what I consider to be a great career so far.

If this BK was discharged and 3 years old, I think things would be different. With it being active, I think it's a risk many employers are not willing to take.

Is there another area of HR you could bounce to instead of payroll? Maybe be an HR business partner or something else? I know you want out of your current job badly, so I'm just spitballing ideas. Give it a few years, get the BK closed out/discharged, and head back to payroll if you want.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you seem to kind of misunderstand how a collective bargaining agreement works - in a shop with a CBA your starting wage is prenegotiated by the union and is highly formulaic. this has both advantages and disadvantages. the CBA will dictate your wage regardless of whether you choose to join the union.

I suppose I am misunderstanding here. Thank you for explaining!

Lockback posted:

The starting salary has already been pre-negotiated by the Union. It'll either be a good starting pay (including OT) or you'll be on a path to good pay pretty quickly if they have some sort of probationary period.

The relationship between Union and Business is usually not a combative one, despite what pop culture has shown. They have really similar goals and objectives and it's not like the management you actually directly work with care all that much about how much money is spent on the Union contract. They just want the line to go smooth and objectives to be met.

This is very outside but from what I know about those kinds of jobs is the pay is good, there is frequently lots of overtime but the the work/life balance can be rough. Be careful becoming too dependent on the OT checks. When OT gets cut (like it did in 2020) your paycheck might drop 30% from average despite still working FT hours. That can be hard on people who are used to that lifestyle.

I don't plan on working OT if I get a choice, with two kids at home. My wife makes A LOT more than I do and still will once I get a job that pays better than what I'm doing now, just want to better supplement our income without being gone at work all the time. If that means a rough patch where I'm working a ton for a bit to gain some seniority or whatever and (possibly?) have more control of my schedule and the shifts I work, then I guess it is what it is.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

mandatory OT up to certain limits is common even in union shops, so be prepared for that as a possibility. the good news is that the threshhold is usually pretty low, eg max 1 hr/day x% of days in a pay period

the CBA is going to cover all aspects of your work. like i said, this has advantages and disadvantages. It will dictate how much you get paid and when you will get raises. It will dictate amount of bonuses and profit sharing, if any. It will dictate your working hours, your shift, your overtime compensation structure, and whether you have to work on Thanksgiving or Christmas this year (if at all). it will dictate your amount of vacation and the process for taking it (do not expect as the low man to get any reasonably good time off around the holidays, for instance). It will dictate the process for attempting to change shifts or working hours, and the process for attempting to change job duties or roles. It will dictate every aspect of your employment, including how you can be disciplined. If the company acts outside of the bounds of the CBA, the union will fire a grievance. If you get in any kind of serious trouble or have a problem with the company they will arrange for your legal representation.

this stuff all still applies at a right to work jobsite covered by a CBA, the only thing that right to work means is that you aren't obligated to pay union dues which honestly in my opinion kind of makes you a shithead. the union is negotiating the CBA and should be compensated.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

One of the tech companies I'm interviewing for will have a decision for me by tomorrow and if it's a yes, it'll apparently take them up to two more weeks to churn out an offer. This is one of the biggest names in the world. What the gently caress kinda shop are they running.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The kind of shop where lots of people desperately want to work for them, so they have all the leverage and can optimize their own convenience with no regard at all for yours.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Vegetable posted:

One of the tech companies I'm interviewing for will have a decision for me by tomorrow and if it's a yes, it'll apparently take them up to two more weeks to churn out an offer. This is one of the biggest names in the world. What the gently caress kinda shop are they running.

I got my contingent offer Oct 30th last year, and didn't start until Jan 4th. Fortune 100 company that I consider to generally have their poo poo together. I'll admit I slow played the process just a bit though as I didn't want to start until after the first of the year anyway, but that kind of bit me in the rear end. A couple things depend here on your hire date, and having a Jan 4th hire date means I have to wait until a full 1 year of service to be eligible for a couple things.

But yeah, things can move slow at big companies.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Eric the Mauve posted:

The kind of shop where lots of people desperately want to work for them, so they have all the leverage and can optimize their own convenience with no regard at all for yours.

They might do offers in bi-weekly batches or something to that effect and you missed the most recent one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m going thru a process that started in June and I got a competing offer this week and let them know which spurred them into getting the group together to make a decision which I’m expecting Friday, so that is one way to get things moving :haw:

On the one hand I like how democratic it is but on the other building consensus takes forever!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

priznat posted:

I’m going thru a process that started in June and I got a competing offer this week and let them know which spurred them into getting the group together to make a decision which I’m expecting Friday, so that is one way to get things moving :haw:

On the one hand I like how democratic it is but on the other building consensus takes forever!

Your forever posting about this one job offer is what keeps me coming back to SA. 16 months from now they’ll have just one more interview for you.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Vegetable posted:

This isn't unusual at all for v large companies regardless of the industry. The bigger the company the longer it takes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CarForumPoster posted:

Your forever posting about this one job offer is what keeps me coming back to SA. 16 months from now they’ll have just one more interview for you.

Lmao I know, it is crazy. Thankfully it’ll be over one way or another this Friday as I have an offer elsewhere in hand which is pretty great as well. The hiring manager has been really open and communicative about the process after the main loop interview (which took a while to get to) so that was nice. Either way it goes it has actually been a fairly positive experience and glad I did it!

Just all the waiting, laff.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Lovely thanks!

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I've been looking for a new job since July, and I wanted to stay at my current company since I like the overall culture. I've applied to 13 internal job postings and have received either a rejection or no reply at all, meanwhile I've also applied to six jobs at my company's largest competitor and I've received 5 interviews and 2 offers (so far, still interviewing for 2 positions). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong for the internal postings when it's been going so well with the external postings with the same resume.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

priznat posted:

Lmao I know, it is crazy. Thankfully it’ll be over one way or another this Friday as I have an offer elsewhere in hand which is pretty great as well. The hiring manager has been really open and communicative about the process after the main loop interview (which took a while to get to) so that was nice. Either way it goes it has actually been a fairly positive experience and glad I did it!

Just all the waiting, laff.

Its the same one since June/July right? Glad to hear you're applying elsewhere successfully.

Theres circumstances like "we really like this candidate but internally filled the req they applied for and now a VP is blocking a new req" that happens at large companies ALL THE TIME. The result is no job offer. IDK if this is your situation of course, theres lots of explanations, but drat, 3 months to make an offer in this market? Somethings fucky.

Make sure to tell them about a competing offer, or even that you're expecting one, and that you're inclined to take a new offer due to the percieved risk in them making a decision. You might just end up with a right away offer.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Deadite posted:

I've been looking for a new job since July, and I wanted to stay at my current company since I like the overall culture. I've applied to 13 internal job postings and have received either a rejection or no reply at all, meanwhile I've also applied to six jobs at my company's largest competitor and I've received 5 interviews and 2 offers (so far, still interviewing for 2 positions). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong for the internal postings when it's been going so well with the external postings with the same resume.

You're not doing anything wrong, it's standard. Any of several things could be happening but the bottom line is that it's common for companies to not be interested in promoting/transferring their own employees and be much more interested in external candidates.

They've made it abundantly clear they aren't interested in developing you beyond your current role. Get a better offer and take it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Deadite posted:

At many places internal moves are considerably harder than external. At some places internal hires mean negotiations with other managers, expending political capital, and opening up your team to be poached.

If you REALLY want to move internally or otherwise think there are good opportunities at your current place, the best move is to talk directly to people you know in that team, especially in management. The job boards are likely ignored. You can also take the strategy of taking a job somewhere else and then making a move back to your current company. That's usually a better way to shoot up the ladder/compensation chart.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CarForumPoster posted:

Its the same one since June/July right? Glad to hear you're applying elsewhere successfully.

Theres circumstances like "we really like this candidate but internally filled the req they applied for and now a VP is blocking a new req" that happens at large companies ALL THE TIME. The result is no job offer. IDK if this is your situation of course, theres lots of explanations, but drat, 3 months to make an offer in this market? Somethings fucky.

Make sure to tell them about a competing offer, or even that you're expecting one, and that you're inclined to take a new offer due to the percieved risk in them making a decision. You might just end up with a right away offer.

Yeah it has been a saga! There’s a few interesting things at play, including I came pretty close to getting a job with the same product team like 20 years ago with similar fuckery like them telling me they had hired someone for the position at the start of the day long in person interview.

This time my insight is they want someone who has deep knowledge in 2 spaces that aren’t often combined in a person and they have been futilely searching for that. From talking to the manager the previous person in one of the two, and I have knowledge in the other. The team seems pretty democratic and there is a bit of a split between hiring me and finding someone who has both, something the manager doesn’t feel exists. He wants to hire me and the architect I would be working for the most does too. This is what I’ve been told, anyway. The plan was the manager wanted to present more candidates to show that combination of skills doesn’t exist just to convince hold outs. Still a risk for me though!

Once I got the offer I let him know and they are convening today for one last decision push and will let me know EOD what the decision is. I’m patient with this because it is honestly my dream job and it rules that my path led me back to get another shot. I’ve emphasized that I can definitely get up to speed on the other skill set and have a bit of exposure to that already.

But in the end if it goes no today it has been a really interesting experience and I’ll try to get a few of the people I interviewed with on LinkedIn. The other job offer is great too so my alternative I am really happy with too! My only worry is having to push them on responding to their offer.

Anyway this went a bit e/n :lol:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Lockback posted:

You can also take the strategy of taking a job somewhere else and then making a move back to your current company. That's usually a better way to shoot up the ladder/compensation chart.

One thousand times this. If you like your current company, the best way to move up in it is to leave and then come back a couple years later at a higher level.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
From what I've seen, Internal Only posted jobs are usually opened with a very specific person already in mind. Sure, other people can apply, but unless you're that guy then chances are low

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

John Cenas Jorts posted:

From what I've seen, Internal Only posted jobs are usually opened with a very specific person already in mind. Sure, other people can apply, but unless you're that guy then chances are low

Pretty much this. We’re converting 2 of our contract to hire guys on my team, and HR requires that we post the job internally for a week and give full consideration to anyone that applies.

The positions are already filled, unless someone better applies (which is rare but can happen), it’s just an HR formality/process thing we have to do.

Networking is so important these days, even inside your own company. I’ve gotten offers to switch teams out of the blue from people I’ve worked with once they realize I know what I’m doing and do good work. Make friends and doors will open. Also keep in touch with former coworkers. I’ve had people I haven’t work with in years reach out before about jobs in their new orgs.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Got a call from a hiring manager, and they're offering me a job. :getin: I know that eventually I'm going to need to go through this again, but I really hope that's a long way off.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Are there any new great job search websites or is it still just indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and zip recruiter?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Pillowpants posted:

Are there any new great job search websites or is it still just indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and zip recruiter?

I hire on work at a startup as well. They added non engineering roles not long ago

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Update for CarForumPoster and anyone else interested - unfortunately the position I was most keen for is getting an offer sent out to the other candidate that made it through to the end. Bummer, but had a good chat with the hiring manager who wants to keep in touch and perhaps even get me aboard as a contractor if a req isn't available. Overall I had a good feeling about the process, long as it was, as they were really communicative at the different steps and were happy to get back to me when I casually asked about the status etc.

Going to go with a backup offer that is also really good (in fact I kind of wonder if the offer from my first choice would be as high) in the same field (system hardware) and with a tier 1 company (AWS). It'll be remote until at least January so I have time to think about relocating too!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Thread - I need your help.

My resume is awesome. I know I have bankruptcy on my credit report, but lets just assume I don't for a second.

All of my interviews are via zoom/teams etc etc etc.

Are there new etiquette rules I need to be aware of?

I ask because I had
3 Interviews at Software company - This is the job I got and had rescinded due to bankruptcy
5 Interviews at Non Profit - and didn't get the job (told about Bankruptcy)
6 Interviews at Small Pharma company - and didnt get it.
3 Interviews at other small company - and didn't get it.
3 interviews at Saas 1 (told about Bankruptcy)
3 Interviews at manufacturing company 1 and didn't get it - but the person i was replacing there offered me a job working for me at her new company.
2 Interviews at a Holding company for a chain fast food place - I didnt get it but would have turned it down if i did.
+8 First Round interviews I opted not to go forward on due to money.
+ I had my fourth interview at an Saas company on Thursday (told about Bankruptcy), and two first round interviews today, plus an invite for another.

It seems like I get to the end each time - I am told by multiple people how i would be a good fit personality wise and based on my experience, and then poof.

I know i shouldn't be complaining because i have a job, but I need to get the hell out of here and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

5 Interviews at Non Profit - and didn't get the job (told about Bankruptcy)
-Feedback: We were fortunate enough to meet with a number of qualified candidates that would likely have been successful in the role. We also met a candidate who really “wowed” us.
6 Interviews at Small Pharma company - and didnt get it.
-Feedback: we find ourselves in a position of having a number of candidates for the position. We are prioritizing stronger candidates to move forward in the interview process.
3 Interviews at other small company - and didn't get it.
-Feedback: I have decided that we will not pursue your candidacy for the position further. I truly appreciate your time and wish you the best of luck with your search.
I had my fourth interview at an Saas company on two Thursdays ago (told about Bankruptcy) - They emailed me Thursday to apologize for not getting back to me sooner and that the final steps have been delayed due to the team being involved in an acquisition.
Two first round interviews Thursday Hiring manager at 1 was someone i knew and hated, and unsure about the second one), plus an invite for another (not remote, turned down).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It will be very rare for anyone to tell you they spiked you because of the bankruptcy. Or for any reason for that matter. 99% you'll only ever get the boilerplate "we decided to move forward with another candidate, we wish you well in the future," it's a waste of time to ask for feedback. No one on the other side is allowed to give it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

It will be very rare for anyone to tell you they spiked you because of the bankruptcy. Or for any reason for that matter. 99% you'll only ever get the boilerplate "we decided to move forward with another candidate, we wish you well in the future," it's a waste of time to ask for feedback. No one on the other side is allowed to give it.

Yeah I know.

I'm still going to waste my time trying to get out of here though. It's not good for my mental health.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Pillowpants posted:

Yeah I know.

I'm still going to waste my time trying to get out of here though. It's not good for my mental health.

We are all pulling for you and understand that you are just in a tough spot. Hopefully you can push through and someone will write you an offer soon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

spwrozek posted:

We are all pulling for you and understand that you are just in a tough spot. Hopefully you can push through and someone will write you an offer soon.

:agreed:, I’m sorry this is such an uphill struggle, it seems extremely unfair. Hoping it turns out well for you Pillowpants.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So, I straight up asked 3 of the companies this weekend, and 2 of them have already gotten back to me saying they had not seen my bankruptcy..I suppose they could be lying.

(I asked the hiring managers, not the recruiters who i was up front with prior)

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 20, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's possible the hiring managers are telling the truth because all they know is HR vetoed your candidacy without saying why, as per policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's possible the hiring managers are telling the truth because all they know is HR vetoed your candidacy without saying why, as per policy.

I hate this.