Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I’d buy game cast stuff being fascinating but we don’t see it so :shrug:

Especially in basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They’ve pretty clearly embraced the analytics on 4th-down decisions if nothing else. That was something the nerds harped on for a long time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Think I’m gonna turn my TV off and get some sleep, gonna be more productive than watching this trash fire.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Vengarr posted:

They’ve pretty clearly embraced the analytics on 4th-down decisions if nothing else. That was something the nerds harped on for a long time.

Sorta, I think more teams are realizing that coward punts are moronic and long field goals are low chance, but I don't think you need advanced analytics to realize that. High school coaches have been doing that for forever, and I assume as you climb the ranks you tend to be more conservative than your high school play calling.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The Giants have two good OL, and one had has leg shattered tonight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You’d think you try and let Saquon touch the ball more

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

You’d think you try and let Saquon touch the ball more

He's bad and injured

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Jones got away with a bad throw just now, but he's been good tonight. And gently caress it, absent the fumble, he was good last week. The rest of the team just sucks outside of the passing game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jones is absolutely physically talented enough to be a NFL QB but that's not the issue. I understand you don't need to make several reads in the NFL but he forces every single pass for better or worse. Zero situational awareness, zero pocket awareness, he's just a liability every time the ball touches his hands.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

What a loving incredible meltdown

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Gano is so much better than any kicker the Giants have ever had. Why did the Panthers get rid of him?

The Slayton drop wasn't as bad as Engram's, but gently caress, man.

Doltos posted:

Jones is absolutely physically talented enough to be a NFL QB but that's not the issue. I understand you don't need to make several reads in the NFL but he forces every single pass for better or worse. Zero situational awareness, zero pocket awareness, he's just a liability every time the ball touches his hands.

He really hasn't been through the first two games though?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jason Garrett

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kim Jong Il posted:

He really hasn't been through the first two games though?

Definitely way better this week but I don't know how you could watch the Broncos game and think that was at all above replacement level

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Peak nfc east

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is the dumbest division in the history of time

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:siren:CLOWNBALL:siren: is always entertaining, y'all. Always.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1438709929943175172?s=20

:hmmyes:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I feel like I need to smoke a cigarette after that ending.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The East is looking very strong this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Giants feel so talented and so bad at the same time on defense and so untalented and so weirdly ok on offense that this can only end in an 0-17 season

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski posted:

the washington football team's gonna win

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Tom Sellout posted:

The East is looking very strong this year.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
For a team run by a disciplinarian special teams guy the Giants sure know how to show very little discipline

losing thanks to a special teams offsides when your HC is a special teams guy, lmao

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If you don't like that, you don't like NFC East clownball!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I really hate Gettleman/Judge/Garett. Just a trio of misery.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1438712759328382977?t=8CWN4JV4ojS8sYB0LZvMFg&s=19

When does Garrett take the interim job and turn it into a 5 year contract?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tom Sellout posted:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1438712759328382977?t=8CWN4JV4ojS8sYB0LZvMFg&s=19

When does Garrett take the interim job and turn it into a 5 year contract?

They won’t fire Judge mid-season unless you get a “McAdoo benching Eli for loving Geno Smith” level gently caress up, media shitstorm, and complete implosion of the team.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

fartknocker posted:

They won’t fire Judge mid-season unless you get a “McAdoo benching Eli for loving Geno Smith” level gently caress up, media shitstorm, and complete implosion of the team.

the giants have rightly been cursed ever since.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't have a problem with Judge. Garrett needs to loving go. That give up play calling inside the 30 with over 2 mins left was inexcusable. You need to be playing for 2 first downs there, and instead its two giveup runs up the middle.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

davecrazy posted:

I don't have a problem with Judge. Garrett needs to loving go. That give up play calling inside the 30 with over 2 mins left was inexcusable. You need to be playing for 2 first downs there, and instead its two giveup runs up the middle.

How do you not have a problem with judge when the team looks like this? challenging a scoring play last week, a half dozen things this week. the team is a joke. the team has never looked sharp under judge, I don't feel like he's ever outcoached anyone, he's divisive in the locker room, what the gently caress do people like about this guy?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

All Judge seems to do is yell really loud. I gave him a pass last year because Covid made everything weird and he didn't get a chance to run the team normally, but he has that now, and he seems worse.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Yall going to get stuck with jason garrett as your next head coach.

:yes:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I guess I can't get away from the fact that BB loves Judge by all accounts, and has a great relationship with Mara going back to the mid 1980s and was very key on selling Judge to Mara. If Bill thinks theirs something their, then their has to be, no?

I dunno.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

davecrazy posted:

I guess I can't get away from the fact that BB loves Judge by all accounts, and has a great relationship with Mara going back to the mid 1980s and was very key on selling Judge to Mara. If Bill thinks theirs something their, then their has to be, no?

I dunno.

Because Belichick coaching tree hires have historically worked out, especially when they are known for the hardass approach

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sickening posted:

Yall going to get stuck with jason garrett as your next head coach.

:yes:

Jfc, why would you even put that out into the universe

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
bwahahahahahaha clapping into the gates of hell itself

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What's Coughlin up to these days.

I for one am greatful my eagles have some stupid wide receivers coach as head coach now and he is going to be awful when we could have had pederson for life.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao NFCEast clownball football! Kinda wish I hadn’t bailed and gone to sleep…

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

davecrazy posted:

I dunno.

You should hire Bill O’Brien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

How do you not have a problem with judge when the team looks like this? challenging a scoring play last week, a half dozen things this week. the team is a joke. the team has never looked sharp under judge, I don't feel like he's ever outcoached anyone, he's divisive in the locker room, what the gently caress do people like about this guy?

Judge isn't divisive at all. Nobody likes him.

I for real cannot figure out just what he's supposed to bring to the table. The team doesn't look especially prepared, the offense is obviously run through Garrett. The D doesn't look especially potent. He's a former special teams guy right? Has even that been notable?