Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

davecrazy posted:

I guess I can't get away from the fact that BB loves Judge by all accounts, and has a great relationship with Mara going back to the mid 1980s and was very key on selling Judge to Mara. If Bill thinks theirs something their, then their has to be, no?

I dunno.

Yeah I can't possibly imagine a guy like tug maps belichick would ever do something like clown a long time friend by recommending one of his very great assistant coaches that he actually hates/wants to get rid of or in the real long con, let the uppity assistant that seeks to dethrone him fly free from the nest, get absolutely crushed mentally as they fall right into the ground, then have them come groveling back to momma bird now that they've learned their place (McDaniels patricia).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The (paul brown)Walsh-Holmgren-Reid coaching tree has been much better than the garbage Mr. "I had Tom Brady" turns out.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 17, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It should be the Tom Brady coaching tree honestly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ten of Belichick's assistant coaches have become NFL head coaches (not including interim tenures):

Al Groh, New York Jets (2000)
Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns (2005–2008), Kansas City Chiefs (2011–2012)
Nick Saban, Miami Dolphins (2005–2006)
Eric Mangini, New York Jets (2006–2008), Cleveland Browns (2009–2010)
Josh McDaniels, Denver Broncos (2009–2010)
Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions (2009–2013)
Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans (2014–2020)
Matt Patricia, Detroit Lions (2018–2020)
Brian Flores, Miami Dolphins (2019–present)
Joe Judge, New York Giants, (2020–present)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Al Groh was more of a Parcells guy, and Romeo Crennel is kinda split between the two since he worked for Parcells for 17 years doing various position groups before being Belichick's DC for 4 years early in the Belichick/Brady era and then going off as a coach himself (And then again being a DC for a while after that).

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Remember uh what's his face the guy that sucked huge rear end at notre dame?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Charlie Weis?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sickening posted:

Yall going to get stuck with jason garrett as your next head coach.

:yes:

:sickos:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1438705126030647303?s=20

mixed with

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1438850070821081094

and you get yourself a really well oiled New York Giants machine!!!

hf with that guys

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hyped Washington won but where is this vaunted defense I kept hearing about...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1438850070821081094

and you get yourself a really well oiled New York Giants machine!!!

hf with that guys

NFC East 2021: I don’t be mad, poo poo just be lame to me.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL/status/1438709814645956618?s=19

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

Definitely way better this week but I don't know how you could watch the Broncos game and think that was at all above replacement level

He was barely on the field because the defense couldn't stop anyone?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If anyone else wanna read about the next evolution of NFL defenses, here's a blog about the 3 safety defense Iowa State and OK State use that Staley is going to run a bit of (idk if it was used against Washington but i know it was getting installed during training camp)

https://matchquarters.com/2018/03/02/running-dime-as-your-base/

The way it is able to deal with gap run and 11/20/12 personnel at the college level is super interesting imo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Hyped Washington won but where is this vaunted defense I kept hearing about...

I was kind of wondering the same thing. The front 4 has looked pretty good for 2 games but the defense as a whole is kind of underwhelming. WFT defense looked loving ferocious last year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chase young is so loving quick . Jesus

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Weirdest thing to me last night was Daniel Jones and the NYG were just totally wrecking WFT on that read option left play Every Single loving Time but didn't run it all in the 2nd half for whatever reason. Hell, to my eyes, they didn't even fake off of it, which would have been the move if Washington was all in on shutting that poo poo down. But WFT didn't seem like they could stop it even a little bit.

In the NFL, when you can run the ball successfully every time to where you are daring a team to stop it, you should always keep doing it until they do. NYG just took it out of their playbook for some reason.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Read option is the best play on football

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius posted:

It’s early in the season. Once (good) teams have you on film and can predict when/how you run it, it can be stopped. But this is the NFC East, lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BiggerBoat posted:

Weirdest thing to me last night was Daniel Jones and the NYG were just totally wrecking WFT on that read option left play Every Single loving Time but didn't run it all in the 2nd half for whatever reason. Hell, to my eyes, they didn't even fake off of it, which would have been the move if Washington was all in on shutting that poo poo down. But WFT didn't seem like they could stop it even a little bit.

In the NFL, when you can run the ball successfully every time to where you are daring a team to stop it, you should always keep doing it until they do. NYG just took it out of their playbook for some reason.

img-garrett-clapping

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/PFF_Giants/status/1438871281542303745?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BiggerBoat posted:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

BiggerBoat posted:

that's why Jason Garrett is a top tier offensive co-ordinater. if you have a successful play, the defense will expect you to run it. And you're always supposed to do what the defense don't expect.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/alexwilsonesm/status/1438915840930455552?s=21

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Looks like the ball is still on the ground with the defenders’ helmet in the neutral zone. I’m not sure whether the play is live as soon as the center starts to move, or whether he has to move the ball backwards before you can jump. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a jump quite so close before tbh.

E: also weird because it wasn’t part of a designed FG block play, nobody was rushing behind him. I don’t think the extra push is worth potentially being called offsides unless the kicker is guaranteed to make it. Bad coaching.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 17, 2021

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

euphronius posted:

Read option won the eagles a SB

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to be clear all my support for Joe Judge was tongue in cheek because he's a massive dumb rear end

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kim Jong Il posted:

He was barely on the field because the defense couldn't stop anyone?

The Giants had 9 less minutes of possession, which was a big deal, but Jones threw more than Bridgewater and 8 of his 22 completions were in garbage time against prevent defense. That game wasn't entirely on Jones but he definitely looked like rear end.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/lt4kicks/status/1438968942215712769?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Chucktesla posted:

If anyone else wanna read about the next evolution of NFL defenses, here's a blog about the 3 safety defense Iowa State and OK State use that Staley is going to run a bit of (idk if it was used against Washington but i know it was getting installed during training camp)

https://matchquarters.com/2018/03/02/running-dime-as-your-base/

The way it is able to deal with gap run and 11/20/12 personnel at the college level is super interesting imo

I thought cover 3 has been the main defense in nfl for years now

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

It's not cover 3, it's playing with three different safeties all lined up in a line 10-15 yards away from the line of scrimmage as a base defense

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

euphronius posted:

Until it costs you your beloved RG3

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

Cover 3 is ran plenty but most teams are double high since single high safeties are really hard to find.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Maclin was their last 1,000 yard receiver. 2014. Catching passes from the Sanchize.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

One of the first publicized apologies like this was when the officials sent Demarcus Ware a personal letter saying that he wasn’t offsides on a play and they were sorry for getting it wrong.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Game-Blouses posted:

Maclin was their last 1,000 yard receiver. 2014. Catching passes from the Sanchize.

That's technically true, but also Ertz had 1,000+ yards in 2018.

With few exceptions, the Eagles just kinda haven't been great with wide receivers. People dogged them for years about not giving McNabb any support, so they went and got Owens. Immediately went to the Super Bowl, then that whole thing fell apart. Since then it's, what, Jackson and Maclin? The 2017 team that won the Super Bowl spread the ball around bigtime and was able to rely on the inexplicably productive decaying husk of Torrey Smith and an uncharacteristically sure-handed year from Agholor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dear Giants,

Sorry you lost, but that’s what you get for playing in the NFC East Clownball division.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of the first publicized apologies like this was when the officials sent Demarcus Ware a personal letter saying that he wasn’t offsides on a play and they were sorry for getting it wrong.

The first I remember was the bullshit ineligible man downfield call at the end of the Trey Junkin wildcard game in 2003 when they should have called pass interference on the 49ers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

That's technically true, but also Ertz had 1,000+ yards in 2018.

With few exceptions, the Eagles just kinda haven't been great with wide receivers. People dogged them for years about not giving McNabb any support, so they went and got Owens. Immediately went to the Super Bowl, then that whole thing fell apart. Since then it's, what, Jackson and Maclin? The 2017 team that won the Super Bowl spread the ball around bigtime and was able to rely on the inexplicably productive decaying husk of Torrey Smith and an uncharacteristically sure-handed year from Agholor.

They had amazing TEs and pass catching Rbs

Also alshon Jeffries was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010