Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

freeman posted:

Anyone still high on James Robinson? Got offered him for Javonte and really unsure which is the better bet.

That seems worth taking, since Melvin Gordon did well and James Robinson really should be able to comprehensively beat out Hyde + jags will run more than they did week 1. But I wouldn't be surprised if other people think differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

sourdough posted:

Was Jacobs the player marked as (everything) for a DNP reason?

Sure was.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

freeman posted:

Anyone still high on James Robinson? Got offered him for Javonte and really unsure which is the better bet.

Robinson got less touches than Carlos Hyde. That backfield is split three ways with Duke Johnson who will see lots of passing work. Denver seems like more of a 50/50 split and they are probably a better team. Javontes outlook for the season is supposed to improve in theory as well.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's a travesty what Urban is doing to Robinson and trying to make Hyde a thing in 2021 because he coached him 10 years ago.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, I mean Javonte will have the opportunity to get more work as the year goes on, but the safer bet (imo) is Robinson relegating Hyde to the clear backup role vs Javonte doing that to Gordon.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

sourdough posted:

Yeah, I mean Javonte will have the opportunity to get more work as the year goes on, but the safer bet (imo) is Robinson relegating Hyde to the clear backup role vs Javonte doing that to Gordon.

What if you have Javonte, Gordon, and Robinson and you have to pick one?

I’m currently starting Gordon

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Floofy posted:

What if you have Javonte, Gordon, and Robinson and you have to pick one?

I’m currently starting Gordon

Yeah that's what I would do for now

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Robinson got less touches than Carlos Hyde. That backfield is split three ways with Duke Johnson who will see lots of passing work. Denver seems like more of a 50/50 split and they are probably a better team. Javontes outlook for the season is supposed to improve in theory as well.

They cut Johnson, so it is a 2 man backfield. I feel, like most people, that Robinson will eventually prove to Meyer that he's the guy, but who really knows. I would say Laviska Shenault is more of a threat to Robinson's game then Hyde.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Feeling great about drafting OBJ and Fuller in one league…

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fuller is great in the 1-4 games he actually plays every year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

VietCampo posted:

This did not age well

lol no it didn't, but I'm still plenty confident in Jacobs this season, he's out for week 2 yeah but I wasn't going to start him against the Steelers anyways. Everyone has a limit of course but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back next week. It does seem to be more of a sprain than anything else, there's no talk of surgery or broken bones. And when he's back I still think Singletary is a pretty decent bet over Drake, even though I do really like Drake and his rushing style.

Guess I just got a little TOO used to Jacobs playing hurt literally all season lol

Quiet Feet posted:

Fuller is great in the 1-4 games he actually plays every year.

I'm also not sure I trust Tua to really use Fuller to his full extent. Not as much as Deshaun anyways. Not to mention there is decent competition there for touches

Play fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 17, 2021

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
If Aiyuk owners need to hear some encouraging words to step back from the ledge, Shanahan is trying to help.

https://theathletic.com/2830386/202..._shared_article posted:

But though Aiyuk’s relatively light workload might’ve reminded some 49ers fans of former receiver Dante Pettis’ second-year fall from grace in 2019, coach Kyle Shanahan has insisted this situation is starkly different.

“No, it’s not a doghouse,” Shanahan said Friday of Aiyuk’s standing on KNBR. “It’s a pretty simple thing. Trent Sherfield has played at a very high level every single day of training camp. Aiyuk got off to a little bit of a slow start and Trent was playing very well. When Aiyuk was starting to catch him, and to me was about to go by him, which was going to be the third preseason game — where he would’ve gotten that spot completely back — he tweaked his hamstring.

“Then he had about 10 days off and his first practice was Wednesday before the Detroit game, so we planned on rotating him. … You get a big reaction to that, but that’s how it’s going. I don’t expect that to stay long.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

If Aiyuk owners need to hear some encouraging words to step back from the ledge, Shanahan is trying to help.

God i hope so, i wasn't looking forward to picking between the Bucs RB's for my flex.

edit: Apparently Peyton Barber is gonna be the starter over Drake. welp

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 18, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tiptoes posted:

Yeah...hmm. Well, I guess I'll keep playing Deebo until I know more.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Yeah I don't think this makes him a good start against the Eagles. They have an extremely strong front four and can create pressure without sending extra guys so they can drop more guys back in coverage. Only one 49er passcatcher (Kittle) produced through the air against them in their matchup last year and they held every Atlanta receiver in check last week. So I'm thinking for the 49ers' in this one, their run game will produce and probably ~1.5 of their WR/TE group will do something with whoever the top dog is (probably Kittle in this one) hoovering up most of the value. Samuel owners can feel fine starting him. As an Aiyuk owner, I just want to see him look 100% (or close to it) and increase his snap/target share so I can feel good about week 3. For this week, I would rather roll with any WR3-4 with a decent matchup like Nelson Agholor or Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

No way dude, Singletary has always been awesome. He is a tackle breaking machine and can almost always get more yards inside than you'd expect. Really tough tackle and great contact balance. He doesn't have a ton of speed so breakaway runs aren't gonna be long or frequent, but he is not in any way 'bad at football'

Zack Moss, the running back Buffalo drafted because even they could see Singletary was bad at football, was 4th in the NFL in terms of broken tackles per rushing attempt in 2020

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/rushing_advanced.htm

Devin Singletary, who rushed 156 times in 2020 and looks bad at football in all of the tape I watched of him last year, broke only 9 tackles. This ranks 34th overall in the NFL.

He started 16 games and broke 9 tackles. Quite a machine indeed.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 18, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Jacobs is a soldier and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he doesn't miss a game all season even if he looks pained the whole time. That's exactly how it has been in previous years.

Let me translate:
"Previous years" = only 2 years he's been in the NFL
"Exactly how its been" = exactly the opposite of how its been
"Soldier" = A player who starts even though they are hurt and tanks fantasy teams

Jacobs missed week 13 of last year. He scored under 8 fantasy points in three of the other five weeks ending 2020. He went 10-for-34 in week 1 of this season.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/games/josh-jacobs.php?season=2020

I yearn for the Jacobs of 2019... when he simply didn't start 3 of the last 4 weeks so I knew not to put him in.

If Jacobs is even in the same coliseum as the Wednesday injury report he is a bad fantasy play.

You are 100% correct that his Monday Night Game looked like he was really in a lot of pain, a lot of analysts seem to have overlooked/downplayed that. Which is really weird because we all watched the game, it was Monday night of week 1.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 18, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

In .5PPR would James White or JaMychal Hasty be the better bench stash? I'd be dropping Latavius Murray for them.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would rather have Murray just for the most straightforward path to starting. White will get 70% of his points from 2 big games and will likely be on your bench when it happens, and Hasty is likely behind Mitchell, Sermon, and Wilson when he gets back, so he will not be starting until week 4 when they all get injured.

Murray is competing with an undrafted FA who missed some big blocks, and Bell and Freeman are likely much more cooked than he is.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 18, 2021

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm starting Aiyuk. gently caress it I'd rather take a chance on him than Drake in my flex.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm starting Aiyuk. gently caress it I'd rather take a chance on him than Drake in my flex.
Bold strategy cotton

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Josh Jacobs is out, you should start Kenyan Drake

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What's this about Trey Sermon getting the carries today? Someone texted me but I can't find proof

edit:

???

kiimo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 19, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

What's this about Trey Sermon getting the carries today? Someone texted me but I can't find proof

I got an alert that Mitchell will be carrying the load just now

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

kiimo posted:

edit:

???

dont trust a shanahan running back to have a consistent role week to week but also dont think sermon will be getting fed

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Unless Mitchell or Sermon significantly outplay the other SF’s backfield is going to be a headache.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Haha, one of my mates in another league managed to trade away Antonio Brown and Kenyan Drake for Eikler.

Don't trade your starters people.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forceholy posted:

Haha, one of my mates in another league managed to trade away Antonio Brown and Kenyan Drake for Eikler.

Don't trade your starters people.

I'm unsure if you're ragging on him, but the guy won the trade for getting Ekeler.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

VietCampo posted:

I'm unsure if you're ragging on him, but the guy won the trade for getting Ekeler.

I'm not. It was smart.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Am I just stupidly high on Antonio Brown or what? Harder to find a running back of course, but Brown is gonna be the top WR for the bucs this year. 1000yds incoming.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean people have been saying that since he left Pittsburgh. Maybe it comes to fruition but the odds say no. Dude is a nutcase and can’t get out of his own way.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What's he done this year that is insane?

He was never going to become his old self on the Raiders. But now he has Tom Brady pounding the table to bring him on and loves the dudes routes... he is going to feast.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

lol “he hasn’t been insane yet in the last 2 weeks” is a glowing endorsement.

Like sure maybe he gets his poo poo together but I’m never going to be high on a guy who has clear mental illness issues.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 19, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Would you argue that Watson isn't good because the dude is clearly hosed up in the head too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I doubt he will ever play in the NFL again so yes, absolutely.

To be clear, I never said they weren’t “good” at football. It’s just there’s plenty of amazingly talented players that completely ruined their careers with mental illness, crime, etc.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And judging from late last year and the one game played this year.... Antonio Brown is back. Mental illness or no. Dude can ball.

RCarr posted:

I doubt he will ever play in the NFL again so yes, absolutely

That wasn't the question. You are fading Antonio Browns skill based on his off the field issues. Those have been kept in check for months, dude is a baller.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 19, 2021

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah so don't spend any FAAB on Sermon this week and avoid that situation entirely.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

And judging from late last year and the one game played this year.... Antonio Brown is back. Mental illness or no. Dude can ball.

That wasn't the question. You are fading Antonio Browns skill based on his off the field issues. Those have been kept in check for months, dude is a baller.

I absolutely am fading his skill based on his off the field issues. I need to see him not be a lunatic for more than a few months to trust him. I don’t think that’s such a bold claim.

Josh Gordon is an extremely talented football player too. Feel free to pick him up.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Josh Gordon is an extremely talented football player too. Feel free to pick him up.

Straw man bad.

Edit: let me try to explain...

Comparing Antonio to Watson makes some sort of sense. Both guys supremely talented, top 5 at their position, both have had (so far) 1 year of poo poo off the field. Both are super good to have on your team if they are playing.

Josh Gordon has been suspended every single year since 1998 when the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In a Cell through a table.

Dude below me: nah, Evans will hit less. Brown gonna be ppr gold.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mike Evans and Godwin still playing. Brown won’t hit every week.