Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Backronyms drive me insane. I think it’s because they’re always delivered in the smuggest way possible.

Acronyms basically didn’t exist before the twentieth century, so almost all the fakes can be trivially dismissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

nah, tito is a special kind of stupid so completely fair. Especially after he ran for public office, then had to step down from the city council because he kept doing dumb poo poo like refusing to wear a mask in council meetings then complaining when they kicked him out but still let him participate via zoom. He's also functionally illiterate, so a perfect rep for HB.

My only knowledge of MMA comes from Seanbaby articles, but I'm pretty sure he was the guy who tried to dunk on an opponent by wearing a shirt saying "I just hosed you in the rear end."

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Backronyms drive me insane. I think it’s because they’re always delivered in the smuggest way possible.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY CALLED THE IPHONE 4S THAT BECAUSE IT MEANS "4 STEVE"???!!!?1111!!?!!one!!?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Weatherman posted:

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY CALLED THE IPHONE 4S THAT BECAUSE IT MEANS "4 STEVE"???!!!?1111!!?!!one!!?

I thought it was pronounced "fours" like they're gonna "force you to get the new iphone"

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

iPhone 11 Pro Max was named to signal Apple's support for known sex pest Max Landis.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I mean, if it works

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1438522581733179407?s=21

Two trains every hour between those two cities, btw.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And it super works. You can turn conservatives against their own poo poo by agreeing with it.

I remember when a public healthcare option was a Republican thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm so owned when they eat the horse paste though

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1439351744278925314

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tito Ortiz is just oor surrounded by tittiz

Let that sink in

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I sorta understand the 9/11 was an inside job people. 9/11 didn't happen is a new one. There's a poo poo ton of photos of those buildings being there, My mom had visited them before 9/11 and I'm pretty sure she's not deep state. I've visited where they used to be and they certainly aren't there anymore.

I'm actually kind of sorry that, after looking at the pictures, the post wasn't "WHALES DID 9/11!"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1439574860762697731

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mushika posted:

I'm actually kind of sorry that, after looking at the pictures, the post wasn't "WHALES DID 9/11!"
Considering it in the "spending a poo poo ton of money on in-video game real money purchases" sense, though...

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

God, the logic. The vaccine is good, but those dang liberals only say it's good because they want us to think it's bad so that we die. They can't possibly be saying it's good because they think it's good.

It must be hard to have a brain made if spaghetti.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1439498429265113091

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Also (un)dead and many takes on vampires leave them unable to appreciate certain sensations like, for instance, tastes and smells (besides blood, anyway)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

God, the logic. The vaccine is good, but those dang liberals only say it's good because they want us to think it's bad so that we die. They can't possibly be saying it's good because they think it's good.

It must be hard to have a brain made if spaghetti.

Honestly it feels to me like they've figured out this is the consequence of all the antivax poo poo and are trying to push their audience the other way by telling them getting vaccinated will own the libs.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Tenebrais posted:

Honestly it feels to me like they've figured out this is the consequence of all the antivax poo poo and are trying to push their audience the other way by telling them getting vaccinated will own the libs.

I think that's giving them too much credit. It's more likely "Why aren't our people getting vaccinated? It's almost like they're stupid...no! It must be the evil libs confusing them."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The director of the Health Department in Arkansas asked Joe Biden to stop pushing the vaccine so hard because it was decreasing vaccination rates in the state. They're really that dumb.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Just want to say that Fox News is HQed in NYC, its talking heads probably live in the tri state area, they they very much love all the fun poo poo that comes from not being a white and homegenous red shithole.

Fuckface Tuck has a gated coomunity in some rich neighboorhood. Regressives are correct about city folk loving with them.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Just want to say that Fox News is HQed in NYC, its talking heads probably live in the tri state area, they they very much love all the fun poo poo that comes from not being a white and homegenous red shithole.

Fuckface Tuck has a gated coomunity in some rich neighboorhood. Regressives are correct about city folk loving with them.

Yeah they always say some stupiud poo poo like "I was riding the subway and nobody was wearing a tie" like they don't take a car service to the office everyday. The only person I believe takes the subway is Greg Kelly because he's a psychopath and has posted himself on like the 6 train

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Unfortunately the R-word was still being used on television pretty freely in 2005, especially reality shows.
It wasn't uncommon to hear it in PG-rated kids' movies. I've been looking back at movies I liked in the 90s to maybe show my kid, and it popped up in like the first ten minutes of Harriet the Spy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

This Is the Zodiac posted:

It wasn't uncommon to hear it in PG-rated kids' movies. I've been looking back at movies I liked in the 90s to maybe show my kid, and it popped up in like the first ten minutes of Harriet the Spy.

It might be a good way of explain to the kid that stuff changes and movies have words that are inappropriate for them. The same way my parents would let me watch R rated stuff with profanity when I like 9 but had the rule "If you start using cuss words you see then we won't let you watch these movies."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I got sick and had to stay home from school when I was 10 and my mom rented me Beverly Hills Cop.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Coolness Averted posted:

It might be a good way of explain to the kid that stuff changes and movies have words that are inappropriate for them. The same way my parents would let me watch R rated stuff with profanity when I like 9 but had the rule "If you start using cuss words you see then we won't let you watch these movies."

Yeah I lost my privileges to those movies after telling my teacher to blow me after watch the first Ace Ventura movie. That was a fun parent teacher conference.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

PhazonLink posted:

They might like going to restaurants owned by non-whites but they don't want to interact as equals or, especially, live near them.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Skwirl posted:

I got sick and had to stay home from school when I was 10 and my mom rented me Beverly Hills Cop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

She'd seen the movie previously

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

That had always kind of been my intention, and we have had talks about, like "Sometimes people say things in movies that we think are funny, but that could make someone upset if we said it to them for real" but still, in 2021, it's almost as jarring to see a child call another child a "r****d" as it would be to see a child call another child a "n****r" even though I was a kid then and saw it happen for real.

edit: She loooooooooved Matilda though, and the fact that Mara Wilson has grown up to be extremely and vocally anti-chud has just been the icing on the cake :)

This Is the Zodiac has a new favorite as of 20:30 on Sep 19, 2021

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

drat their on to me. guess i can wear my hot pink tank and bike shorts and heckle vaccine getters in red states

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Show me the lie.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mega Comrade posted:

I'd not be surprised if the bulk of the UK have either no idea who he was or only know the bare minimum (black power movement, was killed).

most white americans know him only as the guy who wanted to kill whitey. you know the guy who made ca get gun laws under reagan.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hyperhazard posted:

I think that's giving them too much credit. It's more likely "Why aren't our people getting vaccinated? It's almost like they're stupid...no! It must be the evil libs confusing them."

The leaders of the right absolutely know how stupid their base is. They cultivated it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah they always say some stupiud poo poo like "I was riding the subway and nobody was wearing a tie" like they don't take a car service to the office everyday. The only person I believe takes the subway is Greg Kelly because he's a psychopath and has posted himself on like the 6 train

For real, the 6 is for Park Ave local freaks

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
gently caress the 6.

I don’t know if it’s actually bad or just because I mostly had to take it when the R train would turn into a D train and I’d have to sprint to Spring street for a 6 to get to work, but it’s been 10 years and I still hate that train.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

The leaders of the right absolutely know how stupid their base is. They cultivated it.

Some leaders know its a con / still try to puppet master things, but the inmates have reached a majority a while ago.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Zil posted:

Yeah I lost my privileges to those movies after telling my teacher to blow me after watch the first Ace Ventura movie. That was a fun parent teacher conference.

fuckin' lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

gently caress the 6.

I don’t know if it’s actually bad or just because I mostly had to take it when the R train would turn into a D train and I’d have to sprint to Spring street for a 6 to get to work, but it’s been 10 years and I still hate that train.

Yellow line represent.

And the R-word in 90s kids movies seemed to replace the F-word in 80s kids movies.