Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blaze Dragon posted:

The pretty and virtuous girl Sodoma
Oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chainclaw posted:

I figured it was intentional, like scams that have grammar issues and typos in them on purpose. The kind of people who would find fault with the product will notice the typos and not bother to buy it in the first place. You end up with higher review scores, then, because those people aren't buying and reviewing your physical product.

Every shady app on Google Play and the App Store has higher reviews anyway because they literally bid out to click farms for downloads and high ratings.

Because it's cheaper than trying to make a good product.

low key sex master posted:

I know it's unlicensed but holy poo poo they literally ripped off the original Mario bros levels

SMB 1-1 is the lorem ipsum of video game platformers. It's goddamn everywhere, even in well-intentioned amateur works. It's just burned into our collective subconscious.

(That said, I think the game engine is more or less just ripped wholesale from SMB Deluxe, so apparently they just kept the levels too)

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also somehow a gorilla not being able to eat turns it into "a monkey". That makes total sense.

Not as inexplicable as Harry Boy.

Unsurprisingly, Sintax is known for putting in like, negative amounts of effort and recycling a bunch of their bootlegging jobs into different bootlegs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy buys a car online from a suspicious seller, with predictable results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOaWF4nHoUc

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The MSJ posted:

His whining makes it unbearable
Dude has a crew for filming this poo poo and "its his worst day!"
its a whole series of him making short vids about how this is really just an investment for content

Upsidads has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Sep 5, 2021

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Wow, I thought it was just going to be a "didn't get what he paid for" or "it looks like a supercar, but it has a lovely motor and a range of 10 miles". But he straight up got scammed with a golf cart with a car body poorly wrapped around it.

But he was thinking he was going to get a $100k-150k supercar for $31k from a seller on alibaba, who convinced him it was fine to not have photos and to just wire the second half of the payment before delivery. And apparently repeatedly ignored emails and questions. Red flags everywhere.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

He had 31,000 dollars to blow on a dubious toy? Guillotine.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That’s about as real as an episode of storage wars.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

BigFactory posted:

was my suspicion, pretty sure he bought that on purpose for $3k to a) pretend he has more money than really and b) for epic viral content and c) be hated by nobodies on some backstreet grandpas forum
31k for a car for some "series" that might never make back the cost anyway (imagine thinking that kind of discount could be legit on any planet) or 3k for a viral video pandering to everyone? i think option b has far better payout

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

He bought a car off Alibaba for a price range well past the norm, turned it into at least for 20 min videos of "outrage for rich idiot" and is pretending he's a victim.
The purchase is just a cost expense for his yt career

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also he made like 5 more videos after that where he tests the car and then try modding it .

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Yellow Yoshi posted:

was my suspicion, pretty sure he bought that on purpose for $3k to a) pretend he has more money than really and b) for epic viral content and c) be hated by nobodies on some backstreet grandpas forum
31k for a car for some "series" that might never make back the cost anyway (imagine thinking that kind of discount could be legit on any planet) or 3k for a viral video pandering to everyone? i think option b has far better payout

It’s way simpler than that. It’s content for his YouTube channel but he thinks that doing it this dumb way is more engaging than just saying “I bought a cheap electric Chinese car that I’m going to make fun of and pretend I’m on top gear”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BigFactory posted:

It’s way simpler than that. It’s content for his YouTube channel but he thinks that doing it this dumb way is more engaging than just saying “I bought a cheap electric Chinese car that I’m going to make fun of and pretend I’m on top gear”

It's nowhere near as engaging as this, he should try harder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the opening crawl needs to be posted here, just for the incredibly bad grammar:

Also somehow a gorilla not being able to eat turns it into "a monkey". That makes total sense.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BigFactory posted:

We have a domestic Storage Wars series despite the fact that we absolutely 100% do not have [e:] in-person on-site storage locker auctions. At least the original American show is based on a thing that exists.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Sep 5, 2021

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

We have a domestic Storage Wars series despite the fact that we absolutely 100% do not have storage locker auctions, never have had storage locker auctions, and due to legal reasons probably, never will have storage locker auctions, as such. At least the original American show is based on a thing that exists.

"And this sauna has been locked since 2016 when someone banged the door too hard and the inner latch fell closed. We'll start the bid at 200 kroner (or whatever)."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember watching a documentary about how one African country had a "national car project" that involves them buying cars wholesale from Alibaba. These cars would be customised with their own logo and shipped as parts from China that would be assembled by workers once they arrive.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Armitag3 posted:

"And this sauna has been locked since 2016 when someone banged the door too hard and the inner latch fell closed. We'll start the bid at 200 kroner (or whatever)."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I know "If you have to explain the joke..."

But could you explain the joke for a non-Finn?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MrUnderbridge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDpIHH4glE

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

-CHA posted:

Saw this today at the fair. Sadly no poorly airbrushed characters anywhere to be found.

A couple of weeks ago the circus was in town - it's a small classic old-fashioned family circus with a strong focus on acrobatics and a few horse, pony and llama numbers thrown in.

For some bizarre reason though, they felt they had to include a Transformers knockoff as one of the attractions. The kids went crazy for it though, and for about five bucks, you could get your picture taken with it - which I guess was the justification for including it. Guess they have to recoup their Corona losses however they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsdUEewnAY&t=145s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdbWVyd520&t=120s

(It actually looks a lot worse close up, with badly airbrushed wire interiors, but I couldn't find a good video of it)

It's even billed as "The sensation from USA: "Bumblebee" live in the ring - over 5 meters tall!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdbWVyd520

It just stuck out like a sore thumb, like a guy in a Minions suit running around a renaissance fair.

Dave Syndrome has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Sep 7, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MrUnderbridge posted:

You've never heard of the thousand-mark stare?

e: MFW I chuckle at my own wit:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I saw someone wearing that over the weekend

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

that shirt is amazing

I saw this at a disused fairground or something in rural Iceland last month.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I remember watching a documentary about how one African country had a "national car project" that involves them buying cars wholesale from Alibaba. These cars would be customised with their own logo and shipped as parts from China that would be assembled by workers once they arrive.

It's not that far fetched of an idea in theory. A fair number of major car manufacturers actually got their start this way. Properly managed, it's a good way to provide cars at near-domestic prices by circumventing import/export taxes on fully assembled automobiles until they amass the capital to start their own production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock-down_kit

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

It's not that far fetched of an idea in theory. A fair number of major car manufacturers actually got their start this way. Properly managed, it's a good way to provide cars at near-domestic prices by circumventing import/export taxes on fully assembled automobiles until they amass the capital to start their own production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock-down_kit

I've read a few older books where people bought an aeroplane from North America, had it shipped, and then had to wait for it to be assembled. I guess trans-Atlantic flights were still pretty risky compared to boats back then.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/GordonNoBank/status/1439556979169579013?s=19

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That's reminding me of the Jordans with the deep rear end crack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I found these in a truck stop

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm kind of sad thinking of the kid getting one of those from their long-haul driver parent when they finally come home between jobs. :smith:

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Obvious Plant used to be funny at first, but it has ruined a lot of the internet for me because now I can't look at pictures like those without immediately thinking they're fake. (I trust in this case that they're real).

Woah, I'm glad those are simulation models, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if someone tried to fly those.

Edit: wait gently caress. What. Upon a second look, those are Slimulation models. :psyduck:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pseudorandom posted:

Woah, I'm glad those are simulation models, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if someone tried to fly those.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

Obvious Plant used to be funny at first, but it has ruined a lot of the internet for me because now I can't look at pictures like those without immediately thinking they're fake. (I trust in this case that they're real).

Edit: wait gently caress. What. Upon a second look, those are Slimulation models. :psyduck:

Nice catch! I didn't even notice that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

pseudorandom posted:

They had to slim them down, it's really hard to fit four planes on a hanging cardback.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I feel like Obvious Plants are always well, obvious. They're a little too curated in their wacky randomness, they lack subtlety, they dont quite capture the raw nonsense that some of these products deliver

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bismuth posted:

I feel like Obvious Plants are always well, obvious. They're a little too curated in their wacky randomness, they lack subtlety, they dont quite capture the raw nonsense that some of these products deliver
It's like those "written by an AI" things vs the real deal.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, the difference between, say, curated markov chains and purely procedural generation is that the former is trying to be funny (and as of such misses the mark sometimes/often), whereas the latter is just complete nonsense that lands into funny every so often which makes it funnier.

ObviousPlant and other Art Piece knockoff goods are amusing for what they are - if you aren't tired of them already and/or if they're your thing - but the fact that it's not just computers failing to comprehend reality or fifteen language barriers creating absolute nonsense? It changes what the actual feeling of it is.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Great No Ruis: I Lone This Game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Great No Ruis: I Lone This Game!