Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean Watson raped a bunch of girls. I don’t think he’s a great example to be using. He will probably never play football again.

Yes there’s absolutely a chance Antonio Brown can be the player he was, again. I just think there’s a greater chance that doesn’t happen. If you don’t agree that’s ok. We will find out and I’ll be the first person to admit I’m wrong if that’s the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Mike Evans and Godwin still playing. Brown won’t hit every week.

Yep, 2-3 of Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Gronk will go off most weeks

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Not like AB was much of an investment. Think he was like $5 in auction or 7th-8th rounder.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

I mean Watson raped a bunch of girls. I don’t think he’s a great example to be using. He will probably never play football again.

Are you familiar with the NFL’s history with sweeping problematic situations under the rug for players they believe are marketable?

Watson will be back in the league by 2023, at the latest. Not defending Watson, he’s an absolute scumbag, just going off of historical precedent here.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They’ve been much more progressive lately. Ray Rice was quickly out of the league, for example.

Watson is totally able to play right now, and Houston just refuses to play him because of the PR nightmare that would follow.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Nah, Rice played until video came out. Pretty sure they gave him a medal or something just before the video came out.

I dont think there are videos of Watons making massage therapists play with his butthole. God I hope not.

But I agree. Watson will play next year easy. Too talented not to.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He was accused of hitting one woman though, if he was accused of beating like 15 different women I’d like to think it would be different.

You’re probably right though, as lovely as it is.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

He was accused of hitting one woman though, if he was accused of beating like 15 different women I’d like to think it would be different.

You’re probably right though, as lovely as it is.

I mean, Tyreek is still playing...

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Straw man bad.

Edit: let me try to explain...

Comparing Antonio to Watson makes some sort of sense. Both guys supremely talented, top 5 at their position, both have had (so far) 1 year of poo poo off the field. Both are super good to have on your team if they are playing.

Josh Gordon has been suspended every single year since 1998 when the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In a Cell through a table.

Dude below me: nah, Evans will hit less. Brown gonna be ppr gold.

AB is insanely good, but that team has so many options.

But here's the thing; in any given week 1-2 of the options will flop because they're all good and none will get consistently fed week to week. Given that, I want the cheapest options.

AB has shown he still has the talent. He's cheap in dynasty leagues, so I'm all over buying.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Pollard is better than Zeke

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

For sure

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I’ve got Rashod Bateman on an ir stash. I’ve only got one ir spot, is it worth putting Jeff Wilson Jr. there instead?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dude below me: nah, Evans will hit less. Brown gonna be ppr gold.

Didn’t play out that way this week, at least. Not that I think he’ll be bad, but AB will be feast or famine.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Everything hurts

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

This is not my year. Thanks to Derrick Henry I'm now 0-2. The worst part is I've had the 2nd highest points out of everyone in the league both weeks. I mean technically it's not over but he's at 173 points and still has Rodgers and there's no way he doesn't get a bazillion points against detriot.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I guess gently caress me for thinking I had a chance against a dude with Saquon and Jacobs when he also had Henry.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

dkj posted:

It was pretty apparent to anyone that had Zeke last year, the question last year was whether Zeke was phoning it in because they were not playoff contenders or because he is starting to lose a step. Literally skipped him for Aaron Jones because I did not want to deal with it again this year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Didn’t play out that way this week, at least. Not that I think he’ll be bad, but AB will be feast or famine.

Yeah. You are dead on. Evans is feast or famine but people lean in to lick his taint.

He and AB will split those taintlicks now.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Quiet Feet posted:

I guess gently caress me for thinking I had a chance against a dude with Saquon and Jacobs when he also had Henry.

Sorry not sorry

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

This is not my year. Thanks to Derrick Henry I'm now 0-2. The worst part is I've had the 2nd highest points out of everyone in the league both weeks. I mean technically it's not over but he's at 173 points and still has Rodgers and there's no way he doesn't get a bazillion points against detriot.

0-2 isn't that bad. I started 0-4 last year and made it to the championship. It's still early!

I get it though. This game is misery and sometimes you want to roll around in it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:argh:

Up against a Jacobs owner in another league too. Guess how I'm doing there! :shepface:

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I love how you can go from top scoring team one week to bottom scoring the next week with the same lineup. Fantasy football is a fickle mistress.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s almost as if fantasy football is mostly complete and random luck!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It is done. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Send your addresses.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean, Tyreek is still playing...
Parm is that you?

Floofy posted:

I’ve got Rashod Bateman on an ir stash. I’ve only got one ir spot, is it worth putting Jeff Wilson Jr. there instead?
I'm guessing Redraft? Depends on if you need a lotto ticket on a RB, but I would probably do it because I dont trust Lamar as a passer and he is also a covid risk. Moron's had it twice and still refuses to get vaccinated.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Everything hurts
Same.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Regretting every Andrews pick

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RCarr posted:

It’s almost as if fantasy football is mostly complete and random luck!

It’s why i both love and hate it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hmmm, yes but what if the randomness favored me, all the time?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
In one league, I started Tannehill last week and benched Jameis.

This week, I reversed that. OUCH!!

In another league, I started Aaron Rodgers last week. This week, I kept Rodgers as my starter against Detroit tomorrow. He won't let us down twice, will he?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

Regretting every Andrews pick
Not that I'm some savant or something because I'm going to be 1-7 after this week unless Swift puts up fifty three or Hock+Adams put up 64, but

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm guessing Redraft? Depends on if you need a lotto ticket on a RB, but I would probably do it because I dont trust Lamar as a passer and he is also a covid risk. Moron's had it twice and still refuses to get vaccinated.

CocoaNuts posted:

In one league, I started Tannehill last week and benched Jameis.

This week, I reversed that. OUCH!!
Last week i played Tannehill and had both Winston and Bridgewater on the bench. This week I sat Tannehill for Bridgwater and I am very pleased with myself, though I'm still going to lose.
edit: Its a league where its 1 point for 50 passing yards so this week Tannehill threw for 347 yards (and ran for 27) to score a whopping 10 points.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 20, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Send your addresses.

Your mistakes are your own, and any successes are luck

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Send your addresses.
lmao poo poo, uh...

... lets see how they look at the end of the year.

heh, that'll show him!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm happy AJ Brown got a lot of targets but holy poo poo please catch one next time!!!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
What the gently caress Derrick Henry - I turned the game off in the 3rd quarter…

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

My Dak and Cooper stack won my last week and lost this one

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Starting to not feel great about my CEH shares!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
As Jarvis' number 1 goon booster you have my permission to shut him down for a few

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1439661529511645185?s=20

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

dxt posted:

Starting to not feel great about my CEH shares!

Jonathan Taylor isn't doing much better. 1.01 and 1.02 last year combining for 20pts in two weeks. So fun. I love fantasy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thinking about trying to package Landry with something to grab Sutton or another WR. I feel like Landry is waaaay more valuable but I don't think anyone would do a straight swap for him since he has the injury right now. It's a 14 team league and I don't want an injured dude on my bench (only 4 slots), as awesome as I think he is. My concern is that he'll be Q forever and not-so-good on the field instead of being a short term O where I can slot him in my IR.

I'll wait for the news though. I'm just spitballing I guess.

e: it is fun to panic

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

sourdough posted:

Your mistakes are your own, and any successes are luck

No sir I pre-empted taking responsibility for my choices by blaming others for them before making them. Ergo,