Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Of course he also said he got COVID multiple times and it’s Alex Jones so he’s quite possibly lying about anything.

Alex is not a reliable narrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It is also worth noting that Jones only admitted to having had Covid because another podcaster with a bigger audience got covid and it became newsworthy, which totally didn't make Jones jealous -- not at all, no.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

Of course he also said he got COVID multiple times and it’s Alex Jones so he’s quite possibly lying about anything.

Alex is not a reliable narrator.

Maybe he ate some chili and forgot things.

(even made his immune system forget it)

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
Looks like the Justice for J6 rally was such a bust that it's already been memory holed from the right-wing reality.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Look, medical care is a right and you are a fascist for suggesting that there should be any personal consequences for being unvacci-bwahaha sorry I couldn't keep it up.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
They trash every planned protest as being an FBI honeypot now. It'll take Trump specifically calling for it to become a real Qanon gathering now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but if if anything bad happens, they'll claim it was a reverse blackflag antifa plant.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Elea posted:

They trash every planned protest as being an FBI honeypot now. It'll take Trump specifically calling for it to become a real Qanon gathering now.

Yeah, most of the reporting said that all the big players have been telling their people that it was a setup and to just stay home.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, most of the reporting said that all the big players have been telling their people that it was a setup and to just stay home.

It didn't help that there was no real goal this time around. The 6th had a clear goal: invade the Capitol Building and force everyone to declare Trump to be America's God Emperor forever. The goal of the 18th was "Wave some signs around and hopefully some of the people arrested on the 6th will be set free" It's hard to get pumped up about realistic political action with realistic results.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Something I've noticed with Qanon is that the end of Q posting is never talked about. Does it mean his mission failed? That the bad guys won? Maybe it's a good sign? But no, just absolutely nothing. I think it's a sign they were actually really sick of him posting that something was about to happen. They don't want an update or any more posts because that same cycle would start up again. Just completely sick of their prophet.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
The big thing is that so many people didn't actually listen to Q, just their preferred "baker." So the people still hanging on didn't have much of an issue with the general push toward Q just being the prophet who showed them the way, and now it's up to them/their preferred person/Trump/MTG/Hawley/Etc. to continue the work.

Actual Q posts started to draw drama ever since they tried to call the midterm results and hosed them up hard. Never make concrete predictions unless you're good at playing off your failures as successes.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
There's definitely some truth in that, but Q posting was so mythologized by the community that the complete lack of comment on why he (or the elite military intelligence team that Q was composed of) just abruptly stopped represents some kind of exhaustion to me.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

but if if anything bad happens, they'll claim it was a reverse blackflag antifa plant.

Kevin Sorbos Twitter goes from “It’s happening! We are going to rule the country!” To “It was all an antifa plot! Antifa!!!” In the space of 3 hours on Jan 06.

The gaslighting and straight lying is the overall strategy.

Some of them understand that and play into it and others are just too dumb to notice and accept It all and the rest just don’t care because they are getting what they want.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Elea posted:

Something I've noticed with Qanon is that the end of Q posting is never talked about. Does it mean his mission failed? That the bad guys won? Maybe it's a good sign? But no, just absolutely nothing. I think it's a sign they were actually really sick of him posting that something was about to happen. They don't want an update or any more posts because that same cycle would start up again. Just completely sick of their prophet.

The fact that within like a week of each other, we got "Ron is probably Q" followed by "Q was the friends we made along the way" Q drop, it ruined it. The LARP was too obvious for those involved who still had the ability to reason. So now, it's just mindless "everyone is satanic" "vaccines are evil" in perpetuity.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Surprised there hasn't been a new Q trying to pick up the mantle.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Who wants to be on FBI's most wanted?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Plus, the whole "secret Trump insider giving you all the secrets" mystique isn't really necessary anymore. Setting all of the silly Satanic Panic 2.0 stuff aside, part of Q's original "function" was to reassure cryptofascists that hey, don't worry, Trump is definitely on your side and he's trying REALLY HARD to be the fascist you want him to be behind the scenes, he just needs to play along in front of the cameras. Then Stop the Steal and January 6th happened, and "Trump wants to be in power no matter what and will do anything to keep it that way, democracy be damned" wasn't so much whispered as shouted from the rooftops.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Q has long stopped being about Q the person and is just a group identifier for the extra crazy wing of the Republican party.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Wasnt the lamp pic of that Q posted:

1) instantly ID matched with obama era pics within hours or even mins.

2) lol the meta data said it was even it was from the Obama years and it was recently cropped for that Q post.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Lone Badger posted:

Great idea, hey everyone, it's me, I'm Q, everyone prepare to do my bidding

Grouchio posted:

Who wants to be on FBI's most wanted?

Oh crap, never mind

Personally, I'm still flabbergasted that "Q" never even used a basic cryptographic signature on his posts, and apparently the only identity verification on his posts was his loving whateverchan account name, which the site admins could manipulate at their pleasure.

If I started dropping truth bombs (assume for the sake of argument here that I have anything worth saying), and the only way anyone knew any given message was really written by me was that it came from my username on the SA forums, you immediately see the problem there, and it's obvious exactly who could subvert this and put words in my mouth if they so chose. If instead I used a cryptographic signature, then anyone could verify any message and no one, not even the SA owners & admins, could fake one.

Whoever came up with the Q character just didn't do their drat homework.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Powered Descent posted:

Oh crap, never mind

Personally, I'm still flabbergasted that "Q" never even used a basic cryptographic signature on his posts, and apparently the only identity verification on his posts was his loving whateverchan account name, which the site admins could manipulate at their pleasure.

If I started dropping truth bombs (assume for the sake of argument here that I have anything worth saying), and the only way anyone knew any given message was really written by me was that it came from my username on the SA forums, you immediately see the problem there, and it's obvious exactly who could subvert this and put words in my mouth if they so chose. If instead I used a cryptographic signature, then anyone could verify any message and no one, not even the SA owners & admins, could fake one.

It was an entirely lazy reskin of fbianon and other anons that took hold and went viral, I think because it was more stupid and ludicrous.

https://ctc.usma.edu/the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-a-security-threat-in-the-making/

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Oh crap, never mind

Q was the admins. The Watkins. This is basically well known at this point.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

eSporks posted:

Q was the admins. The Watkins. This is basically well known at this point.

Not originally no. They took it over at some point.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Doesnt 4chan have something called tripcodes or some other lameass authentication system to prove your the same annon?

But this auth system is trivial to break and spoof.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

PhazonLink posted:

Doesnt 4chan have something called tripcodes or some other lameass authentication system to prove your the same annon?

The site owner could just take it, it's like an account. It's nothing like a cryptographic key which effectively can't be stolen/faked unless you really gently caress up or they have a supercomputer.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

Yep. They used basic tripcodes that kept getting hacked. Each hack there'd be a little scramble before the new verified Q emerged. The change with the move to 8chan was that there's nothing really stopping the site owner from just stepping in and taking over, and giving how huge Q was for the site it seems like a safe guess that it was jacked.

It also makes the whole QAnon thing weirder because if you followed it from the beginning there have been major drifts in the writing style that imply it's already changed hands a few times.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
An early Q password was 'matlock' so he's some old guy or was until the 8 chan owners took it over

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah this is how the admins were outed posting as q at least once iirc

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Elea posted:

An early Q password was 'matlock' so he's some old guy or was until the 8 chan owners took it over

Well it could also have been someone younger loving with old folks.

I know if I were making that poo poo up all the passwords would be stupid poo poo like that and B34_Ar7hr69 and 420chugensureerryday. Because I’m an idiot, and I assume so are any Q’s if any weren’t grifters.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Qanon has cracked the Gabby Petito case

https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-conspiracy-theorists-gabby-petito-041129578.html

It's a false flag. Because of course it is since everything is a false flag.

Q posted:

"Somethings not right about this whole situation... this is clearly Black Ops to cover for Biden failures. Was he ever real? Is SHE? Another false flag right before the audits," posted a Telegram user with the ID SherRryWW1G, referring to the problem-plagued Maricopa County, Arizona, audit of 2020 election votes.

QAnon forums are rife with 'false flag' allegations about the Petito case

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
COVER WHAT FAILURES

WHAT ARE THESE FAILURES AND HOW CAN THEY BE COVERED BY THE DEATH OF ONE PERSON

JESUS gently caress

Kim Bong Chill
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Harried operators running from one false flag to the next trying to memorize their scripts

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Any reactions yet to the Arizona Audit wrapping up and finding 300 more votes for Biden?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't believe the Cyber Ninjas were in on the steal too.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

Any reactions yet to the Arizona Audit wrapping up and finding 300 more votes for Biden?

wendy said it was "only a draft" and they are clinging on to the slimmest of hope

https://greatawakening.win/p/13zMwvcZEc/wendy-rogers-addresses-the-democ/c/

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

COVER WHAT FAILURES

WHAT ARE THESE FAILURES AND HOW CAN THEY BE COVERED BY THE DEATH OF ONE PERSON

JESUS gently caress

If you go with, “it’s always projection” then the right is using a missing white woman as cover for their lack of success with the AZ audit.

Which is exactly what this appears to be.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BiggerBoat posted:

Qanon has cracked the Gabby Petito case

https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-conspiracy-theorists-gabby-petito-041129578.html

It's a false flag. Because of course it is since everything is a false flag.

I wish I could spend an hour questioning these people.

Law enforcement loves trump right? So why are so many cops keeping this secret?

Or do democrats have an entirely different police force that's hidden until false flags?

Do you know how many people a person knows? So we're assuming the 15-100 people who personally know these two are all actors too?

Who's body did they find if they aren't real?

Wouldn't news of something else still make headlines? I see other stuff happening in the world, everything isn't just Gabby.

Etc

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Is there a term or german word for when a conservative suddenly finds themselves agreeing with what a schizophrenic person says because it is politically convenient and agrees with what their civil war era gut is telling them

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I wish I could spend an hour questioning these people.

Law enforcement loves trump right? So why are so many cops keeping this secret?

Or do democrats have an entirely different police force that's hidden until false flags?

Do you know how many people a person knows? So we're assuming the 15-100 people who personally know these two are all actors too?

Who's body did they find if they aren't real?

Wouldn't news of something else still make headlines? I see other stuff happening in the world, everything isn't just Gabby.

Etc

You won't get anywhere or get any coherent narrative because they don't reason about the world the same way you do, they just say whatever it takes to win the conversation and feel right in the moment.

If you corner them on some contradiction and try to press it they'll just call you gay or a sheep or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Is there a term or german word for when a conservative suddenly finds themselves agreeing with what a schizophrenic person says because it is politically convenient and agrees with what their civil war era gut is telling them

Nazi?