Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if you see someone wearing:
- full-face respirator

yes, they are from C-SPAM

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

me walking out of CVS after running through all my disguises

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

when the paste hits

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao

Do not boost. Do not boost.

*gets a boost*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

Lmao

Do not boost. Do not boost.

*gets a boost*

Remember how in 2020 politician did the events to cover up how they were getting vaccine access before everyone else ?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Just bullshit them. I know plenty of people who've just bullshitsu'd their way into a third shot. It's mainstream https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/booster-bandits-ethics/620048/ to the point where a lot of doctors and hospitals are just handing the drat things out full well knowing people already had their shots.

okay, I am just trying to understand how this works, as well as having an accurate vaxx record if possible.

Can I just walk in with my real vaxx card (2x pfizer), real ID, and say "hey, I have a medical condition and based on a discussion with my doctor I've been advised to get a third shot", presto poof?

I'll also have to track this over the next few months; I am only 3 months out from Pfizer 2 right now, I don't want to boost yet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Atrocious Joe posted:

is the US even using Johnson and Johnson domestically. I thought it was all being used for COVAX at this point.

Australia went through all the effort of approving J&J for provisional use earlier this year but then went "Ehhhhhhhh we've already got a big order for AZ and they're practically the same aren't they?? Do we really need another vaccine?????" and didn't bother putting in an order for any doses. :v:

Spoiler: we didn't get enough doses of AZ in time and our monumentally inept vaccine rollout was horrifically stalled right from the get go, and is still struggling to get enough doses to meet demand

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

sounds like over the top satire, like an old chappelle show skit

not a good one, either

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

There is plausible and justifiable reason for a person to be suspicious of the exact numbers China has declared for COVID, sure. As a general rule you can probably always assume that any organization or individual, unless you know them personally, is going to always exaggerate things a little to present themselves in the best light, that's normal. But the thing is, there is literally no plausible way to deny that China has gotten COVID under control. We know the methods China is using, and we know these are methods that absolutely can and should work. If someone wants to claim that the situation in China is starkly different from what China is claiming, then they have to either provide an explanation for how and why it is that despite using all the proper NPIs China is still seeing mass death and uncontrolled spread, or else how and why it is that despite the Western media making such a big deal out of the draconian lockdowns and quarantines and authoritarian contact tracing measures, China's actually not employed meaningful NPIs and is in fact taking the same non-approach as the West.

To my knowledge, no denialist has ever done either. They claim that China is enacting these NPIs that any sane person with half a brain knows would work against basically any and every disease that isn't like in the water supply or something, and yet somehow claim that China is still seeing uncontrolled spread just as bad as the rest of the world.

There is literally no way to deny the broad strokes of China's claims without denying either the germ theory of disease or that China has enacted certain measures, measures so widely accepted that nearly all of these denialists have also spent much time and energy decrying them as authoritarian.

good post

lol

Risutora posted:

when the paste hits

lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

love striking a cool pose in my photograph documenting my noble quest for justice and truth against a background of people smirking and laughing at me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Eric Crack-Ping is on TMZ right now

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

it'd be cool if people directed their crazy energy at the corporations destroying the biosphere

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Close contact is covid positive. She refused to tell my wife until my wife yelled at her on the phone. Lmao chud family rules.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Kreeblah posted:

We really need a Booster Bandits gangtag or something.

indeed, sign me up for one, I did that one before the big delta hit

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rauros posted:

it'd be cool if people directed their crazy energy at the corporations destroying the biosphere

It's not very
effective...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr Hootington posted:

Close contact is covid positive. She refused to tell my wife until my wife yelled at her on the phone. Lmao chud family rules.

gently caress me, it just keeps happening. How many thread posters has this happened to now?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Delta-Wye posted:

It's not very
effective...

I've never been able to figure out whether XR was some sort of psyop intended to flush out climate activists, a bunch of lib-brained dumbasses, or both.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Donkwich posted:

Strangers With COVID

Lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kreeblah posted:

I've never been able to figure out whether XR was some sort of psyop intended to flush out climate activists, a bunch of lib-brained dumbasses, or both.

It's about recruiting a new generation of police snitches op

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gently caress me, it just keeps happening. How many thread posters has this happened to now?

hootington is like 5 of them

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Kreeblah posted:

Lib-brained dumbasses flushing out and demoralizing any real activists without needing any help.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

There is plausible and justifiable reason for a person to be suspicious of the exact numbers China has declared for COVID, sure. As a general rule you can probably always assume that any organization or individual, unless you know them personally, is going to always exaggerate things a little to present themselves in the best light, that's normal. But the thing is, there is literally no plausible way to deny that China has gotten COVID under control. We know the methods China is using, and we know these are methods that absolutely can and should work. If someone wants to claim that the situation in China is starkly different from what China is claiming, then they have to either provide an explanation for how and why it is that despite using all the proper NPIs China is still seeing mass death and uncontrolled spread, or else how and why it is that despite the Western media making such a big deal out of the draconian lockdowns and quarantines and authoritarian contact tracing measures, China's actually not employed meaningful NPIs and is in fact taking the same non-approach as the West.

To my knowledge, no denialist has ever done either. They claim that China is enacting these NPIs that any sane person with half a brain knows would work against basically any and every disease that isn't like in the water supply or something, and yet somehow claim that China is still seeing uncontrolled spread just as bad as the rest of the world.

There is literally no way to deny the broad strokes of China's claims without denying either the germ theory of disease or that China has enacted certain measures, measures so widely accepted that nearly all of these denialists have also spent much time and energy decrying them as authoritarian.

"It is extremely critical that kids go back to school safely! We need to make this happen!"
- "Ok, fair enough, here is a roadmap to go covidzero and make that feasible" *reviews chinese approach to covid containment*
"Nevermind, that looks like it will take sacrifice on my part. It is kind of important that kids go back to school, uh, (safely) i guess?"

easier to pretend like its impossible instead of owning up to the fact we are collectively choosing this outcome.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

fosborb posted:

hootington is like 5 of them

I'm getting serious deja Vu

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Looks like white boy summer didn't really work out

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Delta-Wye posted:

It's not very
effective...

You could just make a stencil of your hand using a durable material, and reuse it indefinitely without turning yourself in, or applying spray paint to your hand.

That would be the way to go.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Risutora posted:

when the paste hits

i think she can be excused for sipping on the paste since it does come with her picture on the tube

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Crazypoops posted:

I'm getting serious deja Vu

covid is endemic open biden

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

fosborb posted:

if it were true inverse cspam energy, she would have seen her stylist recently

What? Of course she saw her stylist - She's WAXED!

:boom:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Too fair everyone around me is trying to kill me.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My sister's church had a super-spreader youth rally event, it went as well as you'd expect. My sister got this from the church youth leader:

and, I already knew the answer to my question but I had to ask

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Trust No Ones shall inherit the earth

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

okay, I am just trying to understand how this works, as well as having an accurate vaxx record if possible.

Can I just walk in with my real vaxx card (2x pfizer), real ID, and say "hey, I have a medical condition and based on a discussion with my doctor I've been advised to get a third shot", presto poof?

I'll also have to track this over the next few months; I am only 3 months out from Pfizer 2 right now, I don't want to boost yet.

yes

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

Eric Crack-Ping is on TMZ right now
Is he dishing on who wore it best at the emmys

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Plank Walker posted:

i think she can be excused for sipping on the paste since it does come with her picture on the tube

IT WAS MADE FOR ME!!

TH-
THIS IS MY PASTE!

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
How easy is scamming prophylactic regeneron if you're vaxxed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/joesonka/status/1440044835587584004

this is, I think, the best way to view the current "plateau"

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Essentially there are a few things going on. In some cases you can just walk into a vax place and they aren't even going to ask for an ID or check you, or if they do ask for an ID they aren't going to check you right there and then. So you just go get the drat shot and then when they do all the paper work later they figure out the oopsie but you're out of the woods and nobody is going to do gently caress all about it. In other cases there are some doctors and hospitals who will just straight up give you a booster knowing full drat well that it's a booster because they actually endorse boostering. Neither they nor you are going to get in any trouble for this because everybody is all over the map. Keep in mind just because the FDA/CDC don't recommend it doesn't mean a doctor can't do it. In other cases you can just flat out loving lie about your vax status and go get a shot or you can refuse to ID for some made up reason. In yet other cases as to what you are implying you can go into some random drug store or public vax area and loving lie your rear end off about some underlying condition and they will give you the shot.

The thing to keep in mind is the entire situation is gigantic cluster gently caress with all sorts of different places doing all sorts of stupid things and nobody is enforcing poo poo.

Look, think of it this way. If you can go out and get horse paste and Hydroxychloroquine despite the FDA and CDC not approving from an actual doctor how hard do you think getting another shot is going to be?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hadlock posted:

Why is CDC so freaked out over flu season this year

I'm having trouble find it, but in one of the 4 covid threads, there was a study suggesting that in a co-infection with flu and covid, the flu acted synergistically with covid to produce even worse outcomes. It was from data collected in Wuhan during the initial outbreak, before covid restrictions murdered the flu last season. I want to say it was something like 5x worse mortality rate for coinfections, but the sample size was pretty small because the number of places that had covid without NPIs during flu season, and an active flu season were pretty low.

If the no mask crowd starts spreading flu along with covid, the way they're spreading RSV, it's going to be even more of a bloodbath.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
The difference between hcq and horse paste and Pfizer, and Moderna, is the first 3 are approved drugs so any doctor can give them for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yes, you don't have to explain, just check the box on the paper that says you're immunocompromised