Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I heard on the radio this morning that the Cowboys win over the chargers is the first time since 2018 that the Cowboys have won a game where the offense scored fewer than 30 points.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The rest of the NFL has won 50% of those games

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 20, 2021

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1439983489739337733?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I was watching the draft in 2010 with a friend and when the pick came in my immediate reaction was “I don’t trust Andy Reid DE picks this dude will suck.” As usual I was wrong, thank you Andy for bringing us Brandon Graham

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Zach Ertz is on the COVID list

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carson Wentz sprained both ankles

My draft picks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

these dirty rear end crackers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

these dirty rear end crackers

Thread name, even if unofficial

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Racism is really funny.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I dislike having to defend the Zeke after being so vocal about how dumb his contract was

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

To be honest his runs have looked good despite always having the best running lanes. Dude looks really agile out there.

He isn’t worth the money despite that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
stolen from n/v and loving :lol:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1440077903660650503?s=19

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Good news, better news. Shows he understands what the problem is.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sickening posted:

Racism is really funny.

👀

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sickening posted:

Racism is really funny.

Reported

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I am nodding and smiling wisely

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cr*ckers

Edit:censored since I'm prob actually not allowed to say it!

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 21, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I hope he remembered to address him as "Coach".

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
From Bob Sturm, this morning, in the Athletic

quote:

It is third-and-6 at the Chargers’ 22-yard line with the game tied, 14-14, in the fourth quarter. This crucial moment is why you pay quarterbacks. The defense knows what you are doing, have worked all week on a plan for this moment and are calling their best plan which includes a blitz and Cover 1 behind it.

Let’s take a look:

Noah Brown (85) is on the outside at the bottom with CeeDee Lamb (88) inside of him. Lamb will run a vertical to clear it out and Brown will cut across his path to the inside. Amari Cooper (19) is up top after motion and will take his man on a go. Elliott (21) will hit the left flat. Dalton Schultz (86) is going to run an out where he stems past the sticks and gives Prescott a target with the idea of gaining leverage on his man (athletic safety No. 24 Nasir Adderley).

The Cowboys are in scat protection which means five targets are out in routes, leaving only five linemen to protect. No problem if there is no blitz, but if there is, you have five for five. If anyone loses, Dak has to know he has no help cleaning that up. It’s pretty clear the Chargers are in Cover 1 with man across and a single safety deep. This is the most common third-down coverage in football.

Here is the end-zone view where you can size up the protection. Tyron Smith is losing to edge Uchenna Nwosu on the left side of the line and Terence Steele is beaten quickly at the snap by Joey Bosa. Zack Martin (70) is amazing. Martin is trying to block his guy and clean up for Steele. His idea is his left hand can keep his guy beaten and then with his right hand he can block Bosa. This is very ambitious and the truth is in the NFL you cannot block anyone with one hand, but you can briefly impede him.

I say briefly because this snap is going to hurt. Smith got beat, Steele got beat and frankly, Martin is losing, too, as I assume he was hoping Tyler Biadasz was going to assist on his left more than Steele did on his right. Three Chargers — Nwosu, Christian Covington (former Cowboy) and Bosa — are all about to get to Prescott at the same moment. Prescott had other things on his mind. He stood tall and delivered as Schultz is at the top of his stem. It becomes a matter of if he can throw a strike while bracing for contact.

Here is what it looked like when the ball arrived. Nothing is easy on third down.

The receiver is pleased and defender is frustrated. It is one of six third-down conversions and one that a young Prescott was incapable of completing.

They say the game slows down when you reach a certain point and I believe we have arrived there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s excellent ball placement

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

that’s excellent ball placement

With extreme pressure in his face, through a tiny window at LoS. I've been trying to tell y'all.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

quote:

The Cowboys are in scat protection
Is Jerry in legal trouble?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

With extreme pressure in his face, through a tiny window at LoS. I've been trying to tell y'all.

We must have missed it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That video of Cowboys fans fighting each other and falling into the water is :discourse:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I dunno why blarzgh goes through so much effort to prove Dak is good when I already said Dak is good and he can just use that as evidence

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

I dunno why blarzgh goes through so much effort to prove Dak is good when I already said Dak is good and he can just use that as evidence

there’s value in proving that you’re correct

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

there’s value in proving that you’re correct
This is true! and also its fun to talk about Football.

Doltos posted:

You also said Eli was better than Aikman, so we're gonna go ahead and verify things through an independent source.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

This is true! and also its fun to talk about Football.

You also said Eli was better than Aikman, so we're gonna go ahead and verify things through an independent source.

Independent source here. He's right.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

:wrong:

3 rings > 2 rings

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

you would also be wrong:

blarzgh posted:

Doltos's Claim - Eli better than Aikman because:

1) Eli has better regular season stats.
2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
3) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
4) Troy threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)

1) Eli has better regular season stats.
- Eli manning finished his career with a regular season record of 117 - 117. A perfectly .500 QB.
- 60.3% completions
- 4.5% TD
- 3% INT
- 7 y/att
- 241 y/g
- 84.1 Rate

- Troy Aikman finished his career with a regular season record of 94-71.
- 61.5% completions
- 3.5% TD
- 3% INT
- 7 y/att
- 199 y/g
- 81.4 Rate

Without adjusting for the decades they played in, they're pretty much even (unless you look at their overall record.)
Adjusting for Era, however, Troy was top 10 in passer rating 6 times in the 1990s.
1991 NFL 86.7 (6)
1992 NFL 89.5 (3)
1993 NFL 99.0 (2)
1994 NFL 84.9 (5)
1995 NFL 93.6 (3)
1998 NFL 88.5 (8)

Eli was only a top 10 passer 1 time in 15 years: 2011 NFL 92.9 (7th.)

Also, Eli led the league in interceptions 3 times (2007, 2010, 2013). He has the 12th most interceptions of All Time.

I think its pretty clear that Troy was the better regular season QB, both by stats, and by record/performance.

2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
In the Playoffs, Eli threw 18 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions. In seasons that NY didn't win a superbowl, he never won a playoff game, and he threw 3 TD and 7 Ints. He played in 12 playoff games over fifteen years, and "threw away" a third of them (4).

In the Playoffs, Troy threw 23 touchdowns, and 17 interceptions. In all of his playoff losses, he threw 8 TD and 10 Ints. He played in 15 playoff games over fifteen years, and "threw away" one fifth of them(3).

The fact is that Troy Aikman "threw away" fewer total playoff games, despite playing in more of them, and did it at a much lower rate than Eli did.

3) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
4) Troy threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)

These are part of the problem. I can tell you things like "Pat Summerall called Troy Aikman the most accurate passer he ever saw." and that dozens of coaches and pundits have called his accuracy generational, and I can tell you that Eli Manning has been called, "Not Accurate, Whatsoever.

I can also tell you that I've watched games and highlights of both Troy Aikman and Eli Manning, and its obvious to me and anyone who watches that Troy is the More accurate passer.

In terms of "powerful", I think there are dozens of QBs widely regarded to be "hard throwers" and Eli and Troy aren't in that category. The Dan Marinos and Brett Favres of the world are known for throwing the ball hard; Jamarcus Russel could sit on the 50 yard line and throw a football 5 yards.

Also, I can also tell you that I've watched games and highlights of both Troy Aikman and Eli Manning, and its obvious to me and anyone who watches that Troy is the More Powerful passer.??

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

some moron posted:

Without adjusting for the decades they played in, they're pretty much even (unless you look at their overall record.)
Adjusting for Era, however,

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Record….. 3 super bowl wins vs two.

:smugdon:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Owning yourself to own the Blarzghes?!?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

some idiot posted:

In the Playoffs, Eli threw 18 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions. In seasons that NY didn't win a superbowl, he never won a playoff game,

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

as much as I hate the Dallas Cowboys, 3 rings is better than 2 rings

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Blarzgh, which one of them has the bigger dick, tho?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eli is definitely better than Aikman was. He got two rings with weakish teams against a dynasty (once in an undefeated season for them!), Aikman got held up by a monster OL and the likes of Emmitt and Michael Irvin. Point to similar support networks for Eli. I’ll wait.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like I get nostalgia bombing about the Cowboys’ good years but loving lol if you’re stanning Aikman for it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Point to similar support networks for Eli. I’ll wait.

the defense

3 > 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Swing and a miss