Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

Roman is simultaneously feuding with Brock, Balor, Big E, and Bobby Lashley and he's going to beat them all lol

Also Heyman might turn on him. Also Seth is technically supposed to be the #1 contender cause Sonya said only Edge is ahead of him. Man, at this rate Roman is gonna show up on Dynamite to pick up 2 or 3 more enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E shouting out Hobbs with "town bidness" :3:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Big E shouting out Hobbs with "town bidness" :3:

wait did big e do a flowsion or did he just reference it in a promo

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Almost Dwayne Johnson Roman A.D.J

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

wait did big e do a flowsion or did he just reference it in a promo

Sorry should've quoted the streamable. He mentioned it in his promo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Erebus posted:

This whole thing was weird. Charlotte's argument is just "your character kinda sucks and you used to be a better character" and Alexa's response is "yeah your writing and booking are bad too" and then it ends. I guess it's meant to be like they're shooting on each other but the truth they're acknowledging is that their characters both suck so no one is actually invested in any of this

I mean Christ they even point out that Charlotte is just copying someone else's gimmick and then oops actually Alexa is too! Seems like something that maybe your 50 million writers could do something about!

Via reddit:
“You are a knockoff of an evil monster who got fired.”

“Hey that’s my dad you’re talking about!”

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

So on the day AEW announces the Owen Hart Cup, WWE takes the Women's Tag Title off his relative.

oh hey didn't someone predict this

CopywrightMMXI posted:

No, tonight they’ll just have Natalya drop the tag title.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Destroy My Sweater posted:

"best RAW main event in years" is a phrase I saw on Reddit confirm deny?? also trying to remember a good RAW main event in recent memory

I thought it was fun for a stakesless match

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pylons posted:

Roman is simultaneously feuding with Brock, Balor, Big E, and Bobby Lashley and he's going to beat them all lol

Roman has to know where Vince has the bodies buried.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/ShotziWWE/status/1440143558460149767

Enemies everywhere. I'd laugh for a week if the tank shot him out of the air mid-superman punch

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Survivor Series being brand vs brand gives them an easy booking path of having Big E beat Roman cause it would be non title and you can make Big E look strong and set up a program next year where Roman could still go over but both would be main eventers but WWE gotta WWE

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know Roman has lost matches, but has he ever been made to look weak, or a goof in his WWE tenure?

Edit: Here's an unrelated thing that is a big reason why I don't now, and never have liked Roman Reigns. He's no fun. There's no reason to smile whilst watching him. Even as a monster babyface, he was always "grr arrgh I am angry serious boi", or at best the silent stoic badarse standing in the back.

What made me think of this was thinking back to Southpaw Regional Wrestling. Which was all fun, all smiles. And Roman was notable by his absence. Even from series 2, which had wrestlers begging to be able to join in to piss about with their friends and have some fun. But not Roman. None of that frivolity or levity for him.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 21, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blaise330 posted:

Someone doesn't appreciate getting 4 Savio Vega matches in 1 night.

Look at this loving card!

Savio Vega defeated Irwin R. Schyster 5:01

Savio Vega defeated Yokozuna by countout 8:24

The Roadie defeated Bob Holly 7:11

Kama vs. Shawn Michaels ended in a time-limit draw 15:00

Mabel defeated The Undertaker 10:44

Savio Vega defeated The Roadie 6:36

Bret Hart defeated Jerry Lawler by submission Kiss my Foot match 9:20

Mabel defeated Savio Vega 8:32

Bam Bam Bigelow and Diesel defeated Sycho Sid and Tatanka

This is hell. This is what hell looks like.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He looked pretty silly in that match where Brock beat him senseless and all he could do was chuckle about it through a bloody face

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know Roman has lost matches, but has he ever been made to look weak, or a goof in his WWE tenure?

Lets not revisit the dogfood humiliation fetish storyline

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

What the hell is the KotR tournament bracket!?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

Edit: Here's an unrelated thing that is a big reason why I don't now, and never have liked Roman Reigns. He's no fun. There's no reason to smile whilst watching him. Even as a monster babyface, he was always "grr arrgh I am angry serious boi", or at best the silent stoic badarse standing in the back.

What made me think of this was thinking back to Southpaw Regional Wrestling. Which was all fun, all smiles. And Roman was notable by his absence. Even from series 2, which had wrestlers begging to be able to join in to piss about with their friends and have some fun. But not Roman. None of that frivolity or levity for him.

Wrestling is serious business. Entertainment means being serious at all times.

Also drat the women's tag plotlines and matches is just sad.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Maigius posted:

What the hell is the KotR tournament bracket!?

Feast your eyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Ring_(1995)#Tournament_brackets

Vega beat IRS in the preshow to get into the tournament. Subbing for Razor. This is a nightmare bracket.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 21, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

1glitch0 posted:

Feast your eyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Ring_(1995)#Tournament_brackets

Vega beat IRS in the preshow to get into the tournament. Subbing for Razor. This is a nightmare bracket.

Wow I never saw the tv side of the bracket. I like how Shawn and The Undertaker are in the same tournament as Doink, Duke Droese, a 1995 King Kong Bundy, and Mantaur. You'd never see a main eventer in a kotr tourney these days, it'd be 7 guys from Main Event (or a bunch of tag guys who have havent won a single's match the whole year) with a midcard heel as the monster threat 8th guy. It's kinda funny how, hierarchy-wise, if it wasn't for Ricochet's US title reign he'd be on the same tier as Doink and Duke Droese

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 21, 2021

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Owen’s niece losing to a lovely superhero gimmick feels almost too petty even for them

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn’t realize how often they fell back on “_____ won’t be appearing tonight so they’ve been replaced by Savio Vega!”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Owen’s niece losing to a lovely superhero gimmick feels almost too petty even for them

I know people are drawing that line but like all NAtalya's been doing has been losing. The weirdness comes from where the hell did Nox and Shotzi go?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sadly, making GBS threads on the Hart family is just one of Vince's favorite things. He'd be doing it regardless of the news.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince should let a rogue AI book his shows.

For a month or two.

As an experiment.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wait......... there's still no extreme rules matches at Extreme Rules.

Gonz posted:

Vince should let a rogue AI book his shows.

For a month or two.

As an experiment.

This is how you end up with Eva Marie as WWE Champion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Roman/Lashley/Big E sounds like an immensely cool match, sure would have been great if they'd built it up as a big deal instead of shunting it out on a random Raw!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Roman/Lashley/Big E sounds like an immensely cool match, sure would have been great if they'd built it up as a big deal instead of shunting it out on a random Raw!

It was pretty neat, lots of big meat was bumped. All 3 guys landed spears, and Big E didn't land on his neck when he did his through the ropes. I want a Lashley/Edge/Big E/Roman/Goldberg/Rhyno six-way with a spot where all of them spear at once, but Rhyno wins cause all the spears cancel each other out but a gore isn't a spear. Big E and Lashley arent on the Extreme Rules card though so not too sure what this was a go-home main event for.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 21, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Roman/Lashley/Big E sounds like an immensely cool match

It really does sound cool, tempted to throw on Raw here for the first time in over a year tbh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Blaise330 posted:

Wait......... there's still no extreme rules matches at Extreme Rules.

This is how you end up with Eva Marie as WWE Champion

At least it'd be something different

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Big E is something different! Him being 0-2 since winning the title isn't new tho. His title reign already has more losses than Kenny and Miro's reigns combined

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

At least it'd be something different

Couldn't be worse than Jinder.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

edogawa rando posted:

Couldn't be worse than Jinder.

Jinder vs AJ was a very good match. I don't think Eva vs AJ would tear the house down.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Blaise330 posted:

Jinder vs AJ was a very good match. I don't think Eva vs AJ would tear the house down.

Only because AJ has slowed down

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Big E is something different! Him being 0-2 since winning the title isn't new tho. His title reign already has more losses than Kenny and Miro's reigns combined

How the hell has he managed to get 0-2 since winning the title when he won it just over a week ago? That's some even more impressive WWE "book your champions like idiot loser fuckfaces" poo poo than normal

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea but he didn't get pinned so it doesn't hurt him at all /s

Oh and

RAW

Big E gives thanks
https://streamable.com/bn0out
https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1440110937067999234?s=21
Finish to The New Day vs. The Bloodline
https://streamable.com/3x90gk

Lashley somehow actually has a worse spear than Edge.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lid posted:

I know people are drawing that line but like all NAtalya's been doing has been losing. The weirdness comes from where the hell did Nox and Shotzi go?
Natalya's 2021 Record: 16-14 overall, 5-3 singles, 11-9 tags, 6-7 as reigning tag champions.

The good news is that she's more likely to win now that she's dropped the championship!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

a cyborg mug posted:

How the hell has he managed to get 0-2 since winning the title when he won it just over a week ago? That's some even more impressive WWE "book your champions like idiot loser fuckfaces" poo poo than normal

Roman beat him twice, in the first and last match of the night. Big E didn't get pinned but he ended the show staring at the arena lights.

If it's any consolation, Big E is undefeated against Raw wrestlers.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 21, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Digital Jedi posted:

Charlotte and Alexa whole segment
https://streamable.com/c4h5xi

So Charlotte IS supposed to be a heel and Alexa a face, right? Is the crowd cheering for the doll because they actually like the doll or because it's so stupid that they can't help but cheer it to see how much more stupid it can get?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The doll is controlling the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

I love how they couldn't even put a (bad) WWE Championship match on the card