Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Edge & Christian posted:

No and No?

Dracula fought Nazis when they tried to take over his castle (in a story somehow written and published in 1991), but not Hitler.

Neither Hitler nor Dracula to my knowledge have been Avengers members.
That lying gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tomb of dracula, the dracula solo book that ran for 70 issues was wild. i don't recall hitler making an appearance, though.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Edge & Christian posted:

Neither Hitler nor Dracula to my knowledge have been Avengers members.

New thread title?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

tomb of dracula, the dracula solo book that ran for 70 issues was wild. i don't recall hitler making an appearance, though.

It was a marvel comics presents. He allies himself with the howling commandos

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

bobkatt013 posted:

He allies himself with the howling commandos

Hitler did that?!?!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Happy Hippo posted:

New thread title?

A bit too long, sorry.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

danbanana posted:

Hitler did that?!?!

Dracula did. Nazis killed his brides

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to make a public domain comic about one of the public domain Captain Americas and Dracula getting married on weird tropical island and placing their baby with weird genetics in suspended animation on that island just as a trap for a future writer to say that island was in fact Krakoa, and thus decide to include baby Americacula in the X-Men.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rick posted:

Americacula

I think you mean Dracmerica :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think American Dracula would get along with the current mutant society, way too diverse

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

he's in the BSS Pit

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alaois posted:

i don't think American Dracula would get along with the current mutant society, way too diverse
Trumpula

"Not-- not many people know about mutants-- muties, I call them. They love me, they just love-- they walk up and say "Sir... it is so bad at the Xavier school, so so bad. Thank you sir" and I thank them. I thank them .... a lot."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
racist marvel dracula already briefly existed during the brief captain britain and mi-13 run. he really didn't care for muslims, what with how he fought in the crusades. sadly, racist moon dracula went the way of awesome dickbag 70's dracula. instead we got a retconning of the entire marvel vampire ecosystem into a crappy WoD imitation that was then immediately abandoned. thanks, curse of the mutants.

i have strong feelings re: dracula

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like Dracula should be either a very big deal, or a total pushover. You can't go in between with Drac

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
So in the X-Men Infinity comics, there's a black bar in the credits between Hickman and Shalvey's names. If it's supposed to be a page break or gutter, it's horribly done. So my theory is that there's a name blacked out. A co-writer they are purposely hiding.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

danbanana posted:

So in the X-Men Infinity comics, there's a black bar in the credits between Hickman and Shalvey's names. If it's supposed to be a page break or gutter, it's horribly done. So my theory is that there's a name blacked out. A co-writer they are purposely hiding.
I assume it's either Dracula or Hitler, it would be bad optics for them to admit paying either man to write X-Men.

Though also where are you seeing this black bar between their names? It's not showing up at the start or end of the comics for me.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 21, 2021

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I feel like they'd naturally black out Hitler, but Dracula would be a "get". He is controversial.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

I assume it's either Dracula or Hitler,

even worse, it's Nick Spencer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's definitely not Nick Spencer since Marvel not only booted him off Amazing Spider-Man after a mere 74 issues, they have booted him into a hole in the ground and chopped off his hands. This is just speculation based on him not writing Spider-Man anymore, but is obviously very true.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Edge & Christian posted:

I assume it's either Dracula or Hitler, it would be bad optics for them to admit paying either man to write X-Men.

Though also where are you seeing this black bar between their names? It's not showing up at the start or end of the comics for me.

This is how it renders for me at the end:

Maybe it's my tablet? All issues did this for me. As Graphic Design Is Jon Hickman's Passion, I'm more willing to think this is intentional but it also could be a very weird coincidence.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Ah, this is what it looks like on my desktop (and what I recall it looking like on my tablet)

Maybe some combination of Hitler, Dracula, Nick Spencer, Robert Caro, Joe Rogan, Nicki Minaj, and Ben Shapiro (the new X-Men Brain Trust) have messed with the files so I don't see one of their names edited out? Or it's a weird formatting thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

Ah, this is what it looks like on my desktop (and what I recall it looking like on my tablet)

Maybe some combination of Hitler, Dracula, Nick Spencer, Robert Caro, Joe Rogan, Nicki Minaj, and Ben Shapiro (the new X-Men Brain Trust) have messed with the files so I don't see one of their names edited out? Or it's a weird formatting thing.

This is how it shows for me both on Android and iOS tablets. So I'm guessing the one with the black line is a device/app error.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

danbanana posted:

This is how it renders for me at the end:

Maybe it's my tablet? All issues did this for me. As Graphic Design Is Jon Hickman's Passion, I'm more willing to think this is intentional but it also could be a very weird coincidence.

You're completely overthinking it. The underside of the word "and" is visible at the bottom of the black bar, my guess is your tablet isn't properly stitching the images together or something like that.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

on mine it says

quote:

Storytellers
JONATHAN HICKMAN
and
DANBANANA
and
DECLAN SHELVEY

So uhh you'd better get a move on! You've got deadlines to worry about now!

P.S. Please bring back Bird Brain

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

How Wonderful! posted:

on mine it says

So uhh you'd better get a move on! You've got deadlines to worry about now!

P.S. Please bring back Bird Brain

Only after Gosamyr.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

howe_sam posted:

You're completely overthinking it. The underside of the word "and" is visible at the bottom of the black bar, my guess is your tablet isn't properly stitching the images together or something like that.

Yeah, I know but 1) it happened on every issue and 2) it's literally the only place it's happening.

By the way, these issues have been fun. I like Shalvey's art a bunch and while I think the whole thing is a gimmick that digital comics were playing with over a decade ago, the story has done a good job of selling the scrolling. Tall stuff and people falling isn't a thing you can write forever but it's been a good job of executing for this story.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

How Wonderful! posted:

on mine it says

Curious! On mine it says Hickman, Joseph Stalin, and Declan Shelvy. Maybe the world will never know who the real third collaborator was.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I saw a news story on BleedingCool News (I know, I know.) about Magneto and the trail of Magneto. And they had a joke about Bova being a secret lover of Magneto, and it took me quite some time to work out that it was an in-joke and not true.

That being said, looking over it all, I honestly think Bova Ayrshire* would be fine retcon for the mother of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
That's even before we get to how this story does seem to be revving up to make Wanda and Pietro mutants again.

*= Yes that is her full name. The Cow Woman's surname is a type of cow/place in Scotland.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bova was cool because she would just randomly be in an issue, or they'd show her in What If, and no one explained why this friendly cow person was hanging out at Magneto/High Evolutionary's mountain, and there wasn't the internet so there wasn't a great way to know.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rick posted:

Bova was cool because she would just randomly be in an issue, or they'd show her in What If, and no one explained why this friendly cow person was hanging out at Magneto/High Evolutionary's mountain, and there wasn't the internet so there wasn't a great way to know.

I don't think they even got talked about much in the Official Handbook aside from like "The High Evolutionary evolved some animals into people."

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This is all good, informative, insane stuff. News I can use. Dracula, still got it, even Tony Soprano and Garfield, cow people, this is a lotta good stuff.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think they even got talked about much in the Official Handbook aside from like "The High Evolutionary evolved some animals into people."

and all the sober Evolutionaries were like wtf

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
sXe Evolutionary

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Just finished The Onslaught Revelation and I gotta say two things.

Firstly: That was a fantastic way to cap this off.

And secondly: Holy poo poo, look who finally got his invite!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Adder Moray posted:

Just finished The Onslaught Revelation and I gotta say two things.

Firstly: That was a fantastic way to cap this off.

And secondly: Holy poo poo, look who finally got his invite!

Also look at the members of his new team. Someone that shows a result of inferno

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is that forget-me-not?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I am gonna need a Teslelephant miniseries ASAP

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really, really like Duggan's Cyclops. He's still recognizably Cyclops but instead of telling everyone to stop having fun all the time, he agrees that it's okay as long as they get the job done too. Feels like a logical next step after what Hickman did with making the character likeable again after his stint as a failed mutant revolutionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

bobkatt013 posted:

Also look at the members of his new team. Someone that shows a result of inferno

I think Juggernaut and Blindfold are both some pretty telling inclusions re:what will probably go down in Inferno. A non-mutant and a precog.