Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

catgirlgenius posted:

the 30mm kits on P-Bandai are pretty neat. that gas mask is a completely new mold, isn't it? that sniper rifle on the Portanova looks real unfamiliar too

Both face pieces seem to be new thought the Portanova's looks similar to one of the ones from the armor kits but otherwise new. The Portanova's rifle is the Cielnova weapons kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

catgirlgenius posted:

the 30mm kits on P-Bandai are pretty neat. that gas mask is a completely new mold, isn't it? that sniper rifle on the Portanova looks real unfamiliar too

The sniper rifle is from the Cielnova weapons kit. Gas mask is another option kit I think. Not really worth it unless you are a collector I think.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So, I just won a voucher from work for 1 item worth approx USD120 based on conversion rates. Unfortunately I can't put it to pay off for my phone that I got a couple of weeks ago, has to be a new purchase, so I decided that I might as well put it to use on gunpla. Main problem is that it's only for one item, so anything too low on price just wastes value. I was thinking either the FAZZ ver Ka or the Sazabi ver Ka, even though the Sazabi is way lower in price. Any other good MGs in the $120 range that I can try to find in stock somewhere? I know it's not enough for any PGs except for like, the really old ones annoyingly.

Edit: had a look through my local online stores. List of stuff that's in stock that are within the range of "yeah I can accept losing that much value on the voucher"
- PG granddaddy (original, not unleashed)
- MG Phenex
- P Bandai MG gundam F90 II I-Type
- MG EX-S Gundam
- P Bandai MG Gundam Seven Sword/G Trans-am
- MG FAZZ ver ka
- P Bandai MG Gundam Sandrock Armadillo
- P Bandai Testament Gundam
- MG Sazabi ver ka
- MG 00 Qant Trans-am mode special coating
- MG Gundam 00 XN Raiser

Double edit: I'm leaning away from the FAZZ ver Ka even though it's a cool beast and it's close to the voucher value because I have very recently made the ZZ ver ka and it's probably similar enough for me to not be as into it as I normally would.

Triple edit: turns out this is all moot because a family member also wants a new phone, so I'll just use the voucher on that and they'll pay me back the same amount in cash that I can use on any gunpla I want lol

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 17, 2021

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Rabbi Tupac posted:

The sniper rifle is from the Cielnova weapons kit. Gas mask is another option kit I think. Not really worth it unless you are a collector I think.

The gas mask is different from the options kit, that one had a kind of wire around the mono-eye. But I can't tell if it's combining it with a different existing piece or if it's a new mold.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

El Burbo posted:

Full mechanics version of that mech from that new Kyoukai Senki show

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/4704/

looks pretty cool i gotta say

also some hg grunts from the show
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/4728/
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/4702/
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/4716/

This thing kicks rear end

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

During backlogust, I tried my first kit of several product lines and did my first custom that wasn't just a straight repaint. And I kind of regret not documenting some of that, which has given me an idea for another contest, assuming mods / the community is cool with it.

Some people might want to pick up a kit or supplies to participate, so I want to give two months. My proposal is that between now and Halloween, anyone who wants to participate, try something new and give a short report or walkthrough of it. Always wanted to try a Zoid? Airbrushing? Decals? Diorama? It doesn't really matter what, gunpla is freedom. Whatever it is, it'll be your first time (this is on the honor system). You might end up with something cool and unexpected. You might fail spectacularly. That's okay. In the words of furry shakira, "I want to try everything. I want to try even though I could fail." And you can win fabulous (or maybe not so fabulous) prizes.

The potential prize pool:

There's a few other things hidden around my place that might get tossed in too, depending on the entries.

How to participate:
1. When you're ready to begin, do the timestamp thing.
2. Come back when you're done and share what you learned. This could be a writeup or review of what you tried or a guide on how to replicate your new skill. This is very open ended, so c'mon, probably put a little effort into it.
3. Want to try something else too? Heck yeah! Do that thing too! I don't mind.
4. Deadline is 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2021. (Although if you have a cool idea, I'll probably grant an extension.)
5. Winners will be picked based entirely on my own whims.
6. There is no number six.

Contest Relevant firsts:
- First Koto kit
- First Zoids kit (barring a handful of Hasbro-branded ones 15-20 years ago, back when I removed parts from sprues by patiently bending them back and forth until they came off). Decided on a smaller-ish one (though it's still fairly sizable from the look of things). There were a couple kits I might have put above this one on the list (Rev Raptor and a Blade Liger), but those probably wouldn't have made it by the cutoff point. If I really like this one, I'll probably end up getting one or both of those.

Less relevant firsts:
- First time ordering from Gundam Planet. I usually do Newtype for that sweet free shipping, but they don't have any Zoids kits! It was perhaps not the best time to order from a store based in New Jersey, so it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me.
- First image uploaded to my brand-new Imgur account
- The first image file I have ever posted on SA (which took a bit of figuring)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You guys remember those soft plastic fleshtone pilot figures that came with the Endless Waltz 1/100 kits? How'd you paint those? When I was a wee child I tried to do one with Gundam Markers and the paint just slid right off. Now that I'm a wee adult I assume step one would be priming them. Is there anything else to painting that weird plastic?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

I have three incomplete funnels on both my hi nu and nu because I get so bored with them. I can't even begin to imagine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Robot Damashii question. I've been flipping through ZZ clips and I really like the Geymalk, but there isn't a gunpla for it. There is a Robot Damashii action figure, however. Does anyone have it who could give a rundown?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Possibly dumb question to those who are a little more plugged into supply information: is there still a place I could use to pre-order the RG Hi-Nu? I haven't been paying attention to gunpla stuff as much because my contact prescription is way out of date and I haven't been able to renew it because of COVID, but I came across pictures of it in the wild and got The Hunger.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CaptainRat posted:

Possibly dumb question to those who are a little more plugged into supply information: is there still a place I could use to pre-order the RG Hi-Nu? I haven't been paying attention to gunpla stuff as much because my contact prescription is way out of date and I haven't been able to renew it because of COVID, but I came across pictures of it in the wild and got The Hunger.

USA Gundam Store is still taking preorders: https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/rg-kits/products/rg-1-144-hi-gundam

I can't work on models with contacts in at all; consider taking them out and going bare eyed. It's a pain when you have to swap back and forth if you have people bothering you or want to watch TV or something, but it's soooooo much better than fumbling with the parts.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

CaptainRat posted:

I scrolled through most of the Gunpla subreddit's list of retailers and the only place I saw that a. had it listed for preorder and b. not sold out was USA gundam store.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Thank you both! Worst thing that can happen is that they can't fulfill it and I get refunded.

Midjack posted:

I can't work on models with contacts in at all; consider taking them out and going bare eyed. It's a pain when you have to swap back and forth if you have people bothering you or want to watch TV or something, but it's soooooo much better than fumbling with the parts.

Historically I haven't had a problem with my contacts in but my eyes are both much worse these days and are asymmetrical enough that going without is not super manageable. I do have an appointment with the eye folks (double-masked) on Thursday though so I should be good for a while.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Aaaaaand I'm done. Finished my first ZOID first Kotobikiya high-end master model ZOID. :toot:

It literally has guns on top of guns! :blastu:

All in all, this was a really fun build. For a minute I was dreading having to build four legs, as this is kind of the worst part when building a MG Gundam, but a) the fore and hind legs are different and b) the build is much simpler than for the average MG model I have built so far. Really have to stop the time total when I am building a model one day. A rough estimate would be around 20 hours, including applying all the waterslide transfers, panel lining and adding some paint (the yellow parts and some gunmetal for contrast).

Things I have learned:

1. The dark green nubs/caps you can see on the model are purely cosmetic and made out of hard plastic, like the rest of the model. In the 80's those were used to actually hold the kit together and they were made out of soft, rubberish plastic. I distinctly remember that, because as a kid I might have chewed on one or five of those caps. (I will vehemently deny this in a court of law, though).
  2. The model is approximately 30cm/1 foot long, but starts you off with having to fiddle some really, really tiny parts into some equally tiny slots.

(No, I do not have fat fingers.)
  3. You will need some good glue/plastic cement. Not only for a handful of parts where the manual explicitly calls for it (the ski at the end of the tail, for example), but also for some parts that do not hold together by their own all too well. Not too often, but still more often than I am used to from the Bandai kits. This leads me to my next point:
  4. Quality: Very good, but not quite on the level of Bandai. The plastic itself is absolutely on par with Bandai, no complaints there, but the design and some of the tolerances are a little bit worse. For example, I think Kotobukiya's injection molding technology is not quite as sophisticated as Bandai's. Take a look at this part:

The axle to the left needs to be assembled out of two parts (seen to the right). Works fine, but in my experience, Bandai does it in one. Regarding the design, some parts were really tricky to assemble. The feet were driving me insane as too many single parts were pushing at each other and it kept either falling apart or the gaps were too big till I used some glue. In all fairness, the kit I have built is a reissue from 2009, and this might have been vastly improved with later kits. Also with a little bit more patience and finesse on my part, this could have been a non-issue. Anyway, the quality is still excellent, just not quite the gold standard that are Bandai kits.

I am very happy with the model, and it looks good in my display case.

Thanks for the contest idea SpikeMcclane! Not sure if I would've made that experience without it! :tipshat:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
One day I'll drop the dosh on a Dibison like a moron

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd say they fixed those issues with later kits, as I have the Liger Zero Panzer (2012) and the Gunsniper (2011) and neither had those problems.

kirbysuperstar posted:

One day I'll drop the dosh on a Dibison like a moron

I'll never have the space or money for one, but I want a Gojulas Ogre.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 19, 2021

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Step 2 is gonna haunt me in my fuckin sleep

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, I'm working on a Wild Weasel Gunsniper right now (assume this is either that 2011 kit or uses the same base and just adds the Wild Weasel unit), and there's (1) nothing that tiny, (2) nothing I've needed to glue. There's still some slightly loose connections, but not enough to need extra help. I would still put the quality just shy of Bandai, but it's very close.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone ever try doing an oil-rubbed bronze look on a Gunpla? Kinda like old lamps or fixtures. Seems like the options are either do a brass base coat and give it a few coats of black glaze, or just do black and drybrush bronze on some edges.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Everyone who got a Backlogust prize should have received their thing by now. If you were contacted about getting a prize but have yet to receive anything, please PM me.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.

SpikeMcclane posted:

During backlogust, I tried my first kit of several product lines and did my first custom that wasn't just a straight repaint. And I kind of regret not documenting some of that, which has given me an idea for another contest, assuming mods / the community is cool with it.

Some people might want to pick up a kit or supplies to participate, so I want to give two months. My proposal is that between now and Halloween, anyone who wants to participate, try something new and give a short report or walkthrough of it. Always wanted to try a Zoid? Airbrushing? Decals? Diorama? It doesn't really matter what, gunpla is freedom. Whatever it is, it'll be your first time (this is on the honor system). You might end up with something cool and unexpected. You might fail spectacularly. That's okay. In the words of furry shakira, "I want to try everything. I want to try even though I could fail." And you can win fabulous (or maybe not so fabulous) prizes.

The potential prize pool:

There's a few other things hidden around my place that might get tossed in too, depending on the entries.

How to participate:
1. When you're ready to begin, do the [url="https://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-NY.aspx"]timestamp thing.[url]
2. Come back when you're done and share what you learned. This could be a writeup or review of what you tried or a guide on how to replicate your new skill. This is very open ended, so c'mon, probably put a little effort into it.
3. Want to try something else too? Heck yeah! Do that thing too! I don't mind.
4. Deadline is 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2021. (Although if you have a cool idea, I'll probably grant an extension.)
5. Winners will be picked based entirely on my own whims.
6. There is no number six.

So I've ordered my first MG kit, a GM Sniper II, and will report on that, but in the meantime I thought I'd try something quick, but new to me, and it had a couple fairly silly firsts in it.

Behold, the mighty LBX Achilles:

I know nothing about the Little Battlers Experience franchise, but thought several of the models looked cool and/or cute, so I added this one to my last Newtype order. The build was simple, but the pieces don't line up as easily or as well as on an HG, so I may go back over it with glue when I have time. it poses okay, but the left leg is prone to popping off and the skirts pop out of their sockets if you sneeze near it. It felt like the HG kits do a lot better job on how things are attached. Lots of stickers.

Firsts for me on a kit included; a detail that is completely hidden and inaccessible once the model is assembled. I figure it must be important on the show.

And cutting out a page of the instruction book and trimming it to make a piece of the kit. I admit I didn't expect them to put a cloth cape in the box at the price point, but this was still a surprise. I guess I was expecting a thin sheet of plastic. Anyway, it worked with a little tape reinforcement.

All in all a fun build, and I'll probably get a few more, since the designs are appealing and the kits build quickly. Some of the issues with fit really make me appreciate how well done the HG kits I've built are. I'm definitely more comfortable grabbing Bandai kits from other lines now and am looking at some stuff from the Frames Arms and Full Metal Panic lines as well.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.

Tarquinn posted:

Aaaaaand I'm done. Finished my first ZOID first Kotobikiya high-end master model ZOID. :toot:

b) the build is much simpler than for the average MG model I have built so far.

That looks amazing! Also, I'm now wondering what the hell I'm in for building an MG. That's simple?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MJP posted:

, or just do black and drybrush bronze on some edges.

This is how I usually do it, I wouldn’t use pure black though, a dark aged bronzey brown would be better. Then hit all the areas that would be worn with the brighter bronze and blend it out. Rub N Buff is great for that but probably isn’t best for models.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which paint do you use for the dark aged bronze? I saw Rustoleum has a rattle can but I've got an airbrush.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

So, I just won a voucher from work for 1 item worth approx USD120 based on conversion rates. Unfortunately I can't put it to pay off for my phone that I got a couple of weeks ago, has to be a new purchase, so I decided that I might as well put it to use on gunpla. Main problem is that it's only for one item, so anything too low on price just wastes value. I was thinking either the FAZZ ver Ka or the Sazabi ver Ka, even though the Sazabi is way lower in price. Any other good MGs in the $120 range that I can try to find in stock somewhere? I know it's not enough for any PGs except for like, the really old ones annoyingly.

Edit: had a look through my local online stores. List of stuff that's in stock that are within the range of "yeah I can accept losing that much value on the voucher"
- PG granddaddy (original, not unleashed)
- MG Phenex
- P Bandai MG gundam F90 II I-Type
- MG EX-S Gundam
- P Bandai MG Gundam Seven Sword/G Trans-am
- MG FAZZ ver ka
- P Bandai MG Gundam Sandrock Armadillo
- P Bandai Testament Gundam
- MG Sazabi ver ka
- MG 00 Qant Trans-am mode special coating
- MG Gundam 00 XN Raiser

Double edit: I'm leaning away from the FAZZ ver Ka even though it's a cool beast and it's close to the voucher value because I have very recently made the ZZ ver ka and it's probably similar enough for me to not be as into it as I normally would.

Triple edit: turns out this is all moot because a family member also wants a new phone, so I'll just use the voucher on that and they'll pay me back the same amount in cash that I can use on any gunpla I want lol

Most MGs aren't that expensive, a lot of the ones that are are already in that list (EX-S, Phenex?, FAZZ, Sazabi); if you don't want to make the FAZZ I'd go with the Sazabi as it's a pretty universally praised kit, unless you like either of the P-bandai offerings. I'm not really a fan of special coating or plated kits due to most kits not being sufficiently undergated.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK, i have completed my first Kotobukiya kit and my first Hexa Gear kit, the Para-Pawn Lat Mirror! I thought this would also be my first 1/18th scale kit, but I was wrong. It is much smaller than that. It is maybe the smallest thing I have ever seen. I worry that if I just describe how small it is you guys will think I'm lying for attention, but this time I'm not, it really is that small. So I took a picture of the completed Para-Pawn Lat Mirror next to a mass market parperback copy of The Horus Heresy volume 49 Wolfsbane by Guy Haley, figuring that's the thing I own that the most people in this thread will also own, so it's the best reference for scale

You might ask, does that size effect the build? And you are correct, it does, check this out

That's the elbow. It's got a drat pin joint. The knees are the same. The hips, shoulders, and neck are ball oints, but the rest are simple joints like that. The feet are absolutely tiny little high heels, but they support the weight of the model just fine because the model weighs as much as a butterflys breath.

It comes with knife guns with hands premolded onto them, knife guns with no hands that you can clip to the calves, and holding hands than can hold those handless knife guns for some reason. Also two swords, both hand and handless versions of those too. But you can only store one sword at a time, which is slightly disappointing.

All in all, it's a neat little thing. I might pick up one of the bigger Hexa Gear robots for it to ride, because it is so very small that even if I leave it exactly where it currently is on my shelf next to my other models, I still might not be able to find it again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The other day I stopped at the model train shop to look for flower tufts. While their tuft selection left a lot to be desired, I did find something unexpected in their Japanese model section. Now, by section I mean two shelves and by Japanese models I mean a few recent Gundam kits and a bunch of the Bandai Star Wars kits. But this time, for reasons completely unfathomable, they also had a Gasaraki kit. Did you know Bandai made Gasaraki kits? I didn't. But here it is, my first Gasaraki kit. Actually my first interaction with the Gasaraki franchise at all.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

OK, i have completed my first Kotobukiya kit and my first Hexa Gear kit, the Para-Pawn Lat Mirror! I thought this would also be my first 1/18th scale kit, but I was wrong. It is much smaller than that. It is maybe the smallest thing I have ever seen. I worry that if I just describe how small it is you guys will think I'm lying for attention, but this time I'm not, it really is that small. So I took a picture of the completed Para-Pawn Lat Mirror next to a mass market parperback copy of The Horus Heresy volume 49 Wolfsbane by Guy Haley, figuring that's the thing I own that the most people in this thread will also own, so it's the best reference for scale

Yeah, Hexa Gear is 1/24 scale. They actually have a couple NieR Automata kits that are somewhat cross-compatible.

That said, the pin joint is unique in the ones I've seen. The Warmage doesn't have it, for example. I guess Kotobukiya is still experimenting with maximum articulation with minimal visual impact at that scale.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Glorified Scrivener posted:

That looks amazing! Also, I'm now wondering what the hell I'm in for building an MG. That's simple?
Thanks, and oh hey, guess I should address that! While I was specifically talking about the legs being simple compared to MG Gunpla, I guess it also applies to the ZOIDS model as a whole. However, with "simple" I do not necessarily mean "easier to assemble". More like less sophisticated from a design point of view. The dozen or so MGs I have built so far all had an inner frame, where the armour parts are attached. The mechanics, how it fits together and is engineered and what it can do are much more impressive than what the ZOIDS model offers, which has no real inner skeleton (mostly) and where the outer parts actually are the structure holding the model together. This makes it slightly quicker to build, but in my opinion, the actual skill level required for assembly is basically the same.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MJP posted:

Which paint do you use for the dark aged bronze? I saw Rustoleum has a rattle can but I've got an airbrush.

I usually mix it in latex but I’m not doing it on model scale stuff

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can you decant the rustoleum into another container?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seems like that's the universe telling me to use the rattle can. No biggie, just doing due diligence.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

koreban posted:

I think I'm close to done ordering any kits from Amazon. I had ordered a Sazabi back in July that it turns out was a chinese seller (technically I ordered it before I ordered Epyion). Today I received a bootleg AEUG Mk-III kit instead. Now I get to play the game with Amazon customer service again.

So I did the thing with Amazon CS again. Same as the last time and they did the 48 hour thing, then refunded me for the Sazabi ver.Ka and I ordered an RG Sazabi instead. Case closed.

Except it's not, and a box arrives on my porch today. Bootleg as gently caress Sazabi ver.Ka kit. I think the box top is actually from a real kit, only the glue was broken, it got cut up and remade into a box topper to gon on a cheap/flimsy box bottom that's stuffed to the gills with runners. Legit looking runners.

Now I'm in a moral quandry. If it's just a reboxed legit kit, I feel like I should call Amazon and get the refund reversed. I'm pretty sure I got a Daban Mk.III kit for free from these guys already.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Anybody ever ordered from Samuel Decal? They've got a kit I want for a really good price but I've never heard of them. Any experiences on whether or not they're legit/shipping costs/times?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I ordered both my RG Sazabi and Nu from Amazon recently but how does one go about seeing if they are bootleg or not?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Anybody ever ordered from Samuel Decal? They've got a kit I want for a really good price but I've never heard of them. Any experiences on whether or not they're legit/shipping costs/times?

I've ordered some decals from them in the past, think I remember the shipping being faster than. I expected and I'm in the UK. Never ordered something as big as a kit though.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I didn't order any kits there, but the two times I got decals from them (shipping to Germany, payment via PayPal) they delivered promptly and with no issues.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

MechaX posted:

I ordered both my RG Sazabi and Nu from Amazon recently but how does one go about seeing if they are bootleg or not?

The bootlegs I got were from third party sellers from China. Check the seller profiles. If they have 2 reviews and both are negative, it’s a good chance.

If it’s a Prime seller or one from Japan with 90%+ positive reviews, you should be fine.

E: RG Sazabi seemed to have a recent run, lots of places have them in stock. It’s likely that’ll be good. Nu (no Hi-Nu, right?) is less recently replenished. I’d check the seller profile on that one.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Samuel's solid, I've bought some Premium Bandai and some fancy third party kits from them over the past several years and never had an issue. Shipping's typically been a lot faster than expected, but is kinda pricy (but reasonable) just because it's coming from Hong Kong. For the third party kits in particular, a couple have had manufacturer issued replacement/alternate parts released after the kit itself, and Samuel's taken it upon themselves to secure those then offer them at just shipping cost to anyone who had ordered the kit from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe the Amazon link should be removed from the OP. I've heard nothing but bad stories about them lately itt