Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Ah, yes, I recall that from the other day.
Half a dose of Moderna is still more than a full Pfizer dose, though, isn't it? I thought Moderna was like 4x or something compared to Pfizer, which would mean even a half-dose is still twice as much slutjuice as Pfizer.

The Pfizer dose for adults is 30mcg while Moderna is 100mcg by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

poll plane variant posted:

Is there anything I can put in my nose that will make me pop hot for covid on a pcr

have you tried: the coronavirus?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
if you're more than a few years out on your last td shot you should get a tdap booster anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did today’s covid maos get posted yet

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
yeah, last year we ended summer on a slow burn and it took awhile for school to kick in (and then Alpha to hit)

this year we're already rolling hard in Delta as school starts and a third+ of my county's cases are specifically in school staff and students

it's insane

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Der Meister posted:

guys I think my brain is out of empathy or Care

But... but unlike icu beds or oxygen, we can never actually run out of thoughts and prayers.

Please keep doing your part!
Pray harder.
Please.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Envomask is on top of poo poo, I ordered this on Friday!

My last one tragically fell off the roof of my car when I was trying to get away from a pickup truck rudely occupying part of my parking spot and had a kid screaming at me, and I have so many f'ing spare filters it does not make sense to do anything other than just replace it, so, here's #3... I need to be better with physical objects.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I thought they already decided only for 65+ and immunocompromised?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deceptive Thinker posted:

if you're more than a few years out on your last td shot you should get a tdap booster anyway

It's also more convenient similar to the flu shot since it's multiple vaccines in one (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
You guys work doesn't make you get it? I have to do that every 5 and typhoid I think every 2

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/cmarinucci/status/1440330679359660041

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

actionjackson posted:

no that was just an advisory panel vote on friday. it actually means nothing and the FDA may or may not use their guidance when deciding. we literally have no idea what the FDA is going to do lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

poll plane variant posted:

You guys work doesn't make you get it? I have to do that every 5 and typhoid I think every 2

I lost count on my Hep B jabs in my 2 years of forced conscription

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

the M in "Max Titers" stands for MMR

Monoclonal Access for genXers inTubated Inside The Emergency Room

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

no that was just an advisory panel vote on friday. it actually means nothing and the FDA may or may not use their guidance when deciding. we literally have no idea what the FDA is going to do lol

For decorum reasons they will follow the advisory panel vote.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lol in WI we’re over 3000 a day average.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Advisory panel. They can't decide poo poo.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

etalian posted:

The Pfizer dose for adults is 30mcg while Moderna is 100mcg by comparison.

i just want to point out this isn't exactly how this works.

there should be good curated data coming out about what moderna v pfizer antibody response looks like at 6 months in broad swaths of the population and I'd expect it to be fairly close to one another. Moderna is probably more, but its not 4x more.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Envomask is on top of poo poo, I ordered this on Friday!

My last one tragically fell off the roof of my car when I was trying to get away from a pickup truck rudely occupying part of my parking spot and had a kid screaming at me, and I have so many f'ing spare filters it does not make sense to do anything other than just replace it, so, here's #3... I need to be better with physical objects.

shipping times are still lovely everywhere, takes way too long for my buttons to get to people lately. on top of me being slow because I started a new job it's a problem

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

actionjackson posted:

that was the advisory board

they advise the person who actually makes the decision for the FDA

but I mean yeah that’s what will be announced almost definitely

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

genericnick posted:

Advisory panel. They can't decide poo poo.

oh lol, I got boosted this weekend because I figured that was official haha

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

gently caress the chuds

You know before the pandemic i was starting to come around to seeing chuds sympathetically in a class context but honestly after seeing how intentionally maliciously broken they are as human beings a year and a half into a pandemic I'm back on team There Is Only One Thing to be Done With Fascists

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Plank Walker posted:

have you tried: the coronavirus?

:hmmyes:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

actionjackson posted:

this is why people itt and in the news reporting on an fda advisory panel was always going to be a disaster.

the advisory panel rapidly backpedaled multiple times and admitted that boosters do seem to provide increased immune response. The FDA chair then reminded the panel that the FDA doesn't have to listen to any of them on what it does. I'd expect we're going to get a reasonably gatekept initial set of recommendations that follow-up to general availability as the majority of the population reaches 6-7 months since their 2nd dose.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the MMR study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.14.21263598v1

quote:

Participants in the MMR group, compared with those in the placebo group, had a 48% risk reduction in symptomatic COVID–19 (RR = 0.52; 95% CI: 0.33-0.83; p=0.004) and a 76% risk reduction in COVID–19 treatment (RR = 0.24; 95% CI: 0.06-0.88; p = 0.020) with one dose and a 51% risk reduction in COVID–19 symptoms (RR = 0.49; 95% CI: 0.31 – 0.78; p = 0.001) and a 78% risk reduction in COVID–19 treatment (RR = 0.22; 95% CI: 0.06-0.82; p = 0.015) with two doses.

48/76 with one dose MMR and 51/78 with two doses of MMR means one shot of MMR as a booster should be sufficient - I know there were questions about that before

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

this thread is literally the dude from the end of ong bak just jabbing all the steroid needles into himself and it owns.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol in WI we’re over 3000 a day average.

Illinois has traded spots with you, we really dropped off the last few weeks and I have to assume it's testing/reporting issues

Edit per Capita the states were effectively tied for an entire month then Wisconsin doubled Illinois in the last week

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol they're gonna start making prison inmates work in fast food. Just you wait.

guess those marines that had to man the Kabul McD's are gonna get called back for one more mission

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

advisory panels are always a bunch of doctors who are far too self-important for their own good whining about their own pet issues and wandering off on tangents unrelated to the task at hand.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

*extremely Bo Burnham voice*

they say covids ending, but baby it already has

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Finally, some good news:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1440331434313486343

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

advisory panels are always a bunch of doctors who are far too self-important for their own good whining about their own pet issues and wandering off on tangents unrelated to the task at hand.

I mean, one of them was referencing Nate Silver

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

If the FDA doesn't authorize my booster i will get it anyway

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

this thread is literally the dude from the end of ong bak just jabbing all the steroid needles into himself and it owns.

It's amazing how many vaccines you can get by lying, why haven't the Dems cracked down on this? I could've been lying for more vaccines even before covid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

... Ciara? "My Goodies" was released in 2004. What's she done since then?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doctor from the Gates Foundation MMR trial -

https://twitter.com/LindaGailBekker/status/1440317549489446919

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

smoobles posted:

If the FDA doesn't authorize my booster i will get it anyway

i expect the guidance to be sufficiently broad enough that it will authorize anyone who wants to get a booster a way to get a booster.

probably something like high risk of work exposure.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

McNugget Buddy posted:

From the MMR study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.14.21263598v1

48/76 with one dose MMR and 51/78 with two doses of MMR means one shot of MMR as a booster should be sufficient - I know there were questions about that before

hell yeah got that MMR booster last fall

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

... Ciara? "My Goodies" was released in 2004. What's she done since then?

Glamorous 1,2 Step is a good strip club song.

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

Can confirm, but for all of science.