Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pillowpants posted:

It's not the break..it's that the quality has gone down tremendously in the last season. Maybe it is due to COVID, but replacing Ray and Nora with Spooner and Behrad and "Zari v2" didn't really do it for me. Nate seems lost, Gary is insufferable...but at least Sara has alien dna now!

Yeah, I fuckin love this show but I didn't enjoy this season overall. There were some amazing moments but as a whole, I was super disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I want to finish Supergirl and Flash and then this show but man I’m not looking forward to any of it. At least Flash is still a few months out.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I want to finish Supergirl and Flash and then this show but man I’m not looking forward to any of it. At least Flash is still a few months out.

At least Supergirl can blame it on the fact that Chyler Leigh was bedridden with COVID for like 6 weeks last year.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pillowpants posted:

At least Supergirl can blame it on the fact that Chyler Leigh was bedridden with COVID for like 6 weeks last year.

There are enough characters in that show that losing any one of them (aside from Supergirl herself) should not have any detrimental affect on the quality. I'm not even sure I'd notice if Alex was missing for a while.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I sure didn't notice. Or is she missing in upcoming episodes? Shrug either way.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

CW probably just needs SOMETHING new to air for the fall season and Legends is what they have available. They keep buying the rights to foreign shows (latest being an action show starring Tom Welling and Brendan Fraser) but they don't seem to do too well.

The new Batwoman season debuts the same day as Legends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N812li-8pBU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Jesus, I forgot about Batwoman.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Last season more than made up for S1. Alice needs to join the legends though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GreenNight posted:

That must have been nice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At least they're finally breaking out more of the A-listers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pillowpants posted:

Last season more than made up for S1. Alice needs to join the legends though.

lol last season of Batwoman had maybe 1 good episode. I hope it gets better this season but am probably going to wait for reactions before starting to watch. Alice would be fun on the Legends, I wish they'd do a big cast shakeup.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

CW probably just needs SOMETHING new to air for the fall season and Legends is what they have available. They keep buying the rights to foreign shows (latest being an action show starring Tom Welling and Brendan Fraser) but they don't seem to do too well.

I was hoping Taskmaster would stick at least for a season. My husband showed me episodes of it on you tube a bit before it was announced to come to cw. And they aired 1 episode haha. It's a fun show to watch drunk

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I was hoping Taskmaster would stick at least for a season. My husband showed me episodes of it on you tube a bit before it was announced to come to cw. And they aired 1 episode haha. It's a fun show to watch drunk

It was bizarre that that happened. Usually shows don't get pulled so suddenly like that without it being absolutely dogshit in the ratings (and even then, they might just still run it on the schedule since the alternative is usually worse) or something happened behind the scenes, but it got only one episode. Idk how good the advertising for it was and idk if starting with Series 8 of all things was a good idea.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1443682112754814985

Does it even have to be said that flapper is a good look for Sara?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Needs more Tommy guns.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I really love that poster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also looks like Matt Ryan gets to use his real hair color too.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Big "Archer" vibe from that poster, which I don't hate.

Sara: Ava. Ava. Aaaaaavvvaaaaaaaaa!

Ava: What?!

Sara: Temporal Zone!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I’m calling it now, at some point in the new season, the crew is going to get the ship back and wind up bombing themselves the same way during last season’s finale.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m not gonna lie, having this season start so soon after last season disappointed is not making me want to watch it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Not enough time between seasons. Getting burned out.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Yeah same, but I figure I can just shunt the season to Christmas or to whatever content pit the upcoming strike creates.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I don’t know, I enjoy following the thread. We’ll see. A lot of good TV on at the moment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Yeah I wasn't as down on this season as some people but I would like more of a break.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'll give the new season a chance but will prob wait a month or so to start.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This season felt kinda short to me, though that might have been because I forgot how short Legends seasons usually are over the longer break last time. I'm looking forward to catching the new season as it airs.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I really didn't like the alien season at all and especially Constantine's whole plot. Love me some legends though so next season let's gooo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

To be fair to last season, the early episodes had some of the funniest moments in the series.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm just going to wait until the impending strike is over so I dont have to wait a year between seasons

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1445798085242675202?t=O8ppHh0b6QkeDVXIoYH_bw&s=19

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I mean yes, funny, but I'm like 83% sure that's the *other* Matt Ryan and y'know, it's a fair description

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wentworth Miller is coming back for the 100th episode. He has said that he no longer wants to play straight characters so either the return of Leo or new Earth Captain Cold is just gay too.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Wentworth Miller is coming back for the 100th episode. He has said that he no longer wants to play straight characters so either the return of Leo or new Earth Captain Cold is just gay too.
I don't think they ever said Captain Cold was straight. He was flirting with Sara, but that could either mean he's bi, or that it was Sara goddamn Lance and even being gay has a limit.
I'm not sure if they've ever clarified if Ava even considered herself gay or bi, or if it's just that nobody's going to pass on Sara Lance.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'm not saying he was flirting with Barry the whole time, but he sure as hell wasn't NOT flirting with Barry the whole time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Happy new season day thread

EW.com has promo photos for the 100th episode and you'll never guess who they've brought back.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm surprised they're bringing back Hawkman without Hawkgirl but it looks like Ciara Renée's currently busy filming something else right now/probably (understandably) wants nothing more to do with the show ever again, no matter how good it got since she left. Here's hoping they can work some Vandal Savage magic on Carter Hall and turn him into a worthwhile character post-facto.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm surprised they're bringing back Hawkman without Hawkgirl but it looks like Ciara Renée's currently busy filming something else right now/probably (understandably) wants nothing more to do with the show ever again, no matter how good it got since she left. Here's hoping they can work some Vandal Savage magic on Carter Hall and turn him into a worthwhile character post-facto.

Didn't she film a web short for the show about a year ago? Caged IIRC. I've not seen it though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Didn't she film a web short for the show about a year ago? Caged IIRC. I've not seen it though.

She was doing a lot of stuff on Boradway the last couple of years and was Elsa in the stage version of Frozen, but then when COVID hit last year and Broadway shut down, Disney killed the production all together so she's been doing other film projects since then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah, sometimes schedules just don't line up and there's not much that can be done about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Found it! It was called Cooped Up, and you can watch it here: https://streamable.com/4yhrn8

(Also I've never seen it before so there are no recommendations as to its quality.)