Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The video of the snow falling into the trunk gives me great pleasure because the insufferable rear end in a top hat next door bought a Tesla 3 this summer and both of our houses are in Syracuse. Gonna be a fun winter for him.

To be fair I have a Challenger that sits in my garage for 6 months out of the year, but isn't the only car in the household. Dude next door has no other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
That's exactly it. Google, Facebook and Twitter have about 5 interns between them to ever actually review those sort of claims.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Jeez, just grab your ice scraper from your trunk and clear the rear window before you open the trunk!

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Memento posted:

Tell me your vehicle was designed with only Southern California in mind, without telling me your vehicle was only designed with Southern California in mind.

This, but also in the rain.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

https://www.teslarati.com/ford-mocks-tesla-mach-e-glass-roof-recall/ posted:

“The doors fit properly, the plastics and other materials color-match, the bumpers don’t fall off, the roof doesn’t come off when you wash it, the door handles don’t get stuck in cold weather,” Palmer said.

In what could only be described as fate loving irony, Ford recently issued two separate recalls in Canada that impacted almost 5,000 Mustang Mach-E units over build quality issues. Transport Canada Recall #2021-561, which was posted on September 15, 2021, concerns the Mach-E’s panoramic glass roof. Approximately 1,812 Mach-Es are affected by the recall.

Issue: On certain vehicles, the glass panel of the panoramic sunroof may not be properly attached. Over time, the glass could become loose and separate from the vehicle. Safety Risk: A glass roof panel that detaches from the vehicle could create a road hazard for others and increase the risk of a crash.”

Another recall, #2021-560, impacts about 3,178 units of the popular all-electric crossover, and it concerns the possibility of the vehicle’s windshield detaching while the vehicle is in motion. Similar to the glass roof issue, the Mach-E’s windshield problems also stem from the component not being attached properly. This could cause the vehicle’s windshield to come off.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

He said the roof doesn't come off when you wash it, not that the windshield doesn't come off at speed. Checkmate.

Never ever ever buy a first year production of a car

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Darchangel posted:

How are they allowed to do this?
I know they're abusing the automated copyright system to have them taken down initially, but how does that stand after review? They have no copyright to, you know, crashes and stuff. It's definitely not their created content.
Must be nice to be a corporation with money and tame lawyers.

Is it even Tesla proper policing negative videos? I don't think they'd even have to bother with an army of sycophants and lickspittles online all day ready to go to war for their man-god.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I know in the case of the video of the batteries dropping out of the tesla (lol), the person who posted it claimed that they took it down out of respect for the family. I dunno if that makes sense, I didn't see anyone die in the video, but maybe I just missed that part of the story.

But, yeah, substantial chance of:

Eat This Glob posted:

Is it even Tesla proper policing negative videos? I don't think they'd even have to bother with an army of sycophants and lickspittles online all day ready to go to war for their man-god.
... dumb fuckwad Musketurds threatening people or whatever.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

He said the roof doesn't come off when you wash it, not that the windshield doesn't come off at speed. Checkmate.

Never ever ever buy a first year production of a car

Did you miss where the primary recall was for the glass roof on the Mach E not being attached properly and in danger of coming off?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Tesla routinely has media/content taken down that they disagree with. This is not new.

Here's the latest one I'm aware of:
https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1438141148816609285

They also got the youtube video of this taken down already.
"They" being the owner of the original video, not Tesla.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Did you miss where the primary recall was for the glass roof on the Mach E not being attached properly and in danger of coming off?

Oh whoops, I missed that part. But again, this happens at speed, not when washing it, so it's obviously not as bad? :v:

"Safety Risk: A glass roof panel that detaches from the vehicle could create a road hazard for others and increase the risk of a crash.”

Seems like a bit of an understatement.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There is absolutely no way I would buy, let alone drive, a Tesla. Lowest rung quality with tech that been given as much care as a Basic application made on a Commodore 64 by a kid.

That said the boot issue reminds me of the boot lid issue with the VT Commodore sedans. The issue was that during testing of the car it was always covered in that prototype cladding that manufacturers would put on pre-release cars to hide the shape of the car, and ignored the fact the way they designed the lid would channel water in a way that would soak the person opening the lid.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is Tesla also responsible for the seeming rise of glass roofs? It seems like nearly every upscale EV has one now despite their questionable utility.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

david_a posted:

Is Tesla also responsible for the seeming rise of glass roofs? It seems like nearly every upscale EV has one now despite their questionable utility.

Yup, its so that in the event of an accident, passengers have an alternative route of escape when they can't figure out which side of the speaker grille to pry off, and the direction to reach inside the door, which wire to pull with how much force necessary to manually open the doors

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It's not just upscale cars or even EVs - lots of the Chinese stuff like the ZS has glass roofs (there isn't even an option to not get one on the ZS EV)

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

My car's doors will simply have a backup power source in them with a mobile linked payment processor so that in the event of a crash, you can tap your credit card to escape.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hottest take: sun roofs, moon roofs, convertibles, and glass roofs are all terrible car stuffs and you should just buy a motorcycle if you want to drive on the road and be exposed to the elements.

Edit: also t tops don't @ me

Editx2: wtf is a moon roof anyway?

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 22, 2021

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Famously terrible car : the mx5. Wrap it up mazdailures, go and get a motorcycle.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

P much yeah

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Arson Daily posted:

Hottest take: sun roofs, moon roofs, convertibles, and glass roofs are all terrible car stuffs and you should just buy a motorcycle if you want to drive on the road and be exposed to the elements.

Counterpoint:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Maybe if I want to get murdered el presidente style!

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Arson Daily posted:

Maybe if I want to get murdered el presidente style!

You can feel the breeze blowing through your brain stem!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Guinness posted:

This, but also in the rain.

Newer Model 3s have a rubber lip to prevent rain from going straight into the trunk. Don't know how effective it is against snow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dr.Smasher posted:

Counterpoint:

Undoubtedly one of the coolest cars ever made.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Convertibles suck if you’re tall

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

Convertibles suck if you’re tall
Or a Kennedy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ili posted:

Famously terrible car : the mx5. Wrap it up mazdailures, go and get a motorcycle.

Nah, I prefer to live if I happen to be in an accident. Also MX5's have climate control.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
Noticed a strange hearse on my way to work this morning. Not necessarily terrible, but interesting. They usually use MBs for that.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Counterpoint:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

a podcast for cats posted:

Noticed a strange hearse on my way to work this morning. Not necessarily terrible, but interesting. They usually use MBs for that.

Quattroporte hearse? Wrong thread. There's a Ferrari v8 in the front. That thing is awesome.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
That looks like something a character from the Sopranos would ride in from the funeral to the cemetary.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

those binmen are breaking my immersion

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Nah, I prefer to live if I happen to be in an accident.

I long for the sweet release of death. Also cars that weigh nothing are fun.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

stone soup posted:

those binmen are breaking my immersion

The 300 behind him isn't

e: unless it's a Citroen or sth

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cronenberg hearse

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Nah, I prefer to live if I happen to be in an accident. Also MX5's have climate control.

My Mk1 didn't! But I agree with your first point.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Also MX5's have climate control.

Who needs climate control? *thinks about nearly fighting hypothermia in 40° weather, heatstroke in 100° weather, and all the time I was in a downpour in my jeans*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, I was the one who *had* to have a motorcycle for my first vehicle instead of a car at 16 years old. Living in Wisconsin.

That was not a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

My Maserati does 185
I can't feel it cuz I'm not alive
I'm in a coffin, sat in the back
My final ride will be out at the track