Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

it's good how every announcement is just a lie.

"boosters on september 20th". "announcement on wednesday sept 22" then nothing happens at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

B-Rock452 posted:

Thanks to HIPAA she doesn't actually have to tell them that though. Just say you are covered under that and legally they can't ask for what

I got grilled when I went for my shot before they made these categories. Depends on the pharmacy I guess or who’s at the counter.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

Thanks to HIPAA she doesn't actually have to tell them that though. Just say you are covered under that and legally they can't ask for what

The Attestation cheesiness means it's a "On the honor" system

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I have severe immunodeficiency from repeated exposure to incredibly bad posting

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

I guess you're very close to the posts when you're the one making them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

"boosters on september 20th". "announcement on wednesday sept 22" then nothing happens at all

It's like waiting for Gaben to release another Half life game.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/gabegutierrez/status/1440437507284291602?s=21

Change of heart in the ICU, realized he’d been fed misinformation, planned to get vaccinated after he got out and recommended everyone he knew get the vaccine

Dies

This is from a few pages back but I have had SO FEW cases where a patient or their family would admit regret or a change of opinion to me. Most keep on their anti-vax bullshit and I can never tell if it's genuine or if they're just trying to save face but will secretly get the jab.

But it's the cases like this - the fence sitters or the casually misinformed - that stick with me. I feel like such an abject failure each time I am unable to convince them that the vaccine is Safe and Good.

When I had that one traumatic death - the one where the RT sprayed us all with aerosolized covid blood - I had to talk to the patient's daughter afterwards. She was in her 20s, worked as a security guard at a school, and she's grown up in a poor, redneck part of Western Washington. The patient had just received the first dose of an mRNA vaccine and was admitted to the hospital 4 days later. They probably already had covid, or maybe they got it the day they got the jab.

Their daughter and her baby faced boyfriend separately and timidly asked me if he got covid from the live vaccine, because they've heard "stuff about that." I did my best to be compassionate and not condescending, stated that while some people do have adverse reactions to live vaccines, that the mRNA isn't a live or a dead microbe, it's just code for the spike, yada yada, but I don't think they actually believed me. They were polite but it just didn't look like it clicked.

I have enough guilt about the patient dying on my watch but I also carry this failure around with me too and it just sucks

Anyway, today is Wench's Sweet 16:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Casey Finnigan posted:

this is pretty ordinary in fda land

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Glumwheels posted:

I got grilled when I went for my shot before they made these categories. Depends on the pharmacy I guess or who’s at the counter.

It 100% depends on who's at the counter. The person I talked to gave zero fucks whether I was immunocompromised or not. She just wanted to get more of the vial from the fridge into people's arms before having to dump it down the drain.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mod sassinator posted:

lmao i haven't sat inside or even outside a restaurant in 20 months and i don't miss it one bit. i read a story of people complaining about how apparently now all menus are QR codes you have to scan and it was just an incredulous, what? really? feeling. if i ever do go back to a restaurant it's going to feel like encino man.. just in awe at these wonders of dining establishments

see stuff like this I actually think is fun

I ate out a few times in June while we thought Covid was over and I liked all the changes like QR menus. it made paying a lot easier and I just enjoyed the novelty of things being new and different

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lovelyn posted:

Anyway, today is Wench's Sweet 16:

Approve the dinner booster right meow!!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kreeblah posted:

It 100% depends on who's at the counter. The person I talked to gave zero fucks whether I was immunocompromised or not. She just wanted to get more of the vial from the fridge into people's arms before having to dump it down the drain.

This is the correct response, pharmacists gate keeping it are dumb idiots.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

lil poopendorfer posted:

:siren: :siren: HOT OFF THE PRESSES :siren: :siren:

why yes I have

(pulls paper out of pocket)

Will

cotts

Aderr

itch

disease

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Lovelyn posted:

I have enough guilt about the patient dying on my watch but I also carry this failure around with me too and it just sucks

That is legitimately awful and I'm sorry, but remember that you're one person against a lifetime of misinformation and culture. A lot of fence-sitters or the "just asking questions" types got where they are because they spent their whole lives absorbing bad information from both malicious and well-meaning sources.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkMragJ1KQ

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1440665684510330891

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1440744971770875905

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
rumor but its bloomberg reporting an insider says FDA will approve booster for 65+ and high risk jobs: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-22/fda-to-authorize-third-pfizer-dose-for-older-at-risk-americans?sref=dCXr1Xoe

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1440805606823272448?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
now all of alaska is under crisis standard of care / triage in hospitals: https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2021/09/22/alaska-activates-crisis-standards-of-care-for-entire-state-to-help-covid-overwhelmed-hospitals/

PNW is not doing great!

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

My mother is traveling again to see her five grandkids and my sibling. Just like last year. Only this year, half of the kids are actively attending school. In Kentucky. Oh, and she just got back from a weekend trip that involved air travel and meeting with a bunch of old people.

We used to have a stupid rear end family call each week to check in on each other and what not. I had to shut that down as cases started spiking up again, I just can't do it. I can't listen to travel plans for the kids, travel plans for my mom. I tried to get her to grab a third shot, told her about my experience. She's hell bent on just waiting until she is allowed. Because that loving matters, right? And we have guidelines on that at all? At least she is retired now. So she can do all these things. She wants to visit me in the Spring, haha. Lmao. I hate this feeling of caring at all about her. I just want to scream at her, at the world.

Anyway. Getting a booster isn't a complicated matter. Walk into your local pharmacy and ask if they are allowing walk in vaccines. When they ask "First or second dose?" take this as a sign that it is okay to lie. It's your first dose. Give whatever info they ask for, but oh darn you forgot your insurance card. And when the pharmacist looks you in the eye and asks "It's really your first dose?" just embrace all the CHUD power flowing freely through the air like ley lines empowering your decision and reply "Yeah, I wanted to wait for the FDA approval." Unless you're grabbing Moderna. Then you're SOL. Good luck, god speed, just remember it's not a booster it is Your First Shot.

Oh and one more thing. BeHealthy masks are fantastic. I love the Bluna Facefit masks, myself. They have been out of stock for a few weeks, but I was able to place an order yesterday for more. As a hold over, I ordered the BOTN masks that are adjustable fit as well. In large, like the Bluna. They are a fair bit larger, but my partner likes them more for his massive head. So if you need a mask for a large dome piece, BOTN is probably a good pickup.

Thank you for listening. It sucks to not really be able to discuss this with my family at all.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

rumor but its bloomberg reporting an insider says FDA will approve booster for 65+ and high risk jobs: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-22/fda-to-authorize-third-pfizer-dose-for-older-at-risk-americans?sref=dCXr1Xoe

So, what the advisory board approved. Well, if they don't ask for proof, I guess it'll be helpful for the Max Titers folks. Sucks for the people who think that rules mean anything, though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i know one guy went who went on trips to Los Angeles, Disney World, Maine, the UP of Michigan, and New York city this summer. Maybe more, this isn't an exhaustive list.

these all being for leisure. not business trips.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Atrocious Joe posted:

i know one guy went who went on trips to Los Angeles, Disney World, Maine, the UP of Michigan, and New York city this summer. Maybe more, this isn't an exhaustive list.

these all being for leisure. not business trips.

Tickets are cheap so people are going everywhere. I have a coworker who has been to Mexico three times and Hawaii twice since March 2020.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The US is fumbling around with no NPIs, also no boosters because think about poor other countries, also the US is not helping those countries. Just endless commitment to maximizing the dumbest outcome at every turn.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

but today is Wednesday!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Welp, just got my MMR and TDaP boosters scheduled, as well as my flu shot. Gonna get hosed up on vaccines this weekend.

MMR's something I've been meaning to do anyway, since my mother apparently never got me the last dose in the sequence as an infant. And I'm due for a TDaP booster anyway. My last one was about five years ago.

Who knows whether the flu shot's gonna do anything at all this year, but it can't hurt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lil poopendorfer posted:

:siren: :siren: HOT OFF THE PRESSES :siren: :siren:

"self-attest"

yeah anyone can get the shot

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

anyone want to bet me 5 dollars that food service, public schooling, and retail won't be considered "high risk"?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

anyone want to bet me 5 dollars that food service, public schooling, and retail won't be considered "high risk"?

but wall street banks definitely will be lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"high risk" means politicians and cops

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I do not include Alaska in my personal conception of "the PNW" and I am now posting to make this clear.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

tangy yet delightful posted:

I do not include Alaska in my personal conception of "the PNW" and I am now posting to make this clear.

doesn't stop them from helicoptering patients down to seattle and filling its hospitals unfortunately

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

why yes I have

(pulls paper out of pocket)

Will

cotts

Aderr

itch

disease

not going to lie, i can neither pronounce nor really spell my incurable disease. (luckily it has a badass AKA which is Viking's Disease)

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 23, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah i'm immunocompromised. i have a bad case of ligma.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

whats ligma???

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Kreeblah posted:

Welp, just got my MMR and TDaP boosters scheduled, as well as my flu shot. Gonna get hosed up on vaccines this weekend.

MMR's something I've been meaning to do anyway, since my mother apparently never got me the last dose in the sequence as an infant. And I'm due for a TDaP booster anyway. My last one was about five years ago.

Who knows whether the flu shot's gonna do anything at all this year, but it can't hurt.

Depending on your line of work I'd look into the HepB series as well - I got my last dose of it in 1990 as an infant and had to have a titer drawn for my new hospital job and it was flat zero. Got my first of 3 Engerix doses that day.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

awesome that we’d rather Follow The Rules and flush life saving vaccines down the toilet than put them into arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Shear Modulus posted:

have you tried ligandese?