Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imma find the lost cowboy ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1440441449061834761?s=19

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Airman was the Terry Bradshaw of the 1990s. A slightly above average QB who got multiple rings and a ticket to Canton by being a caretaker for a team that was utterly stacked with talent at every other position and behind one of the two or three greatest offensive lines ever assembled. He belongs in the Hall of Fame just about as much as Dixon Edwards does.

blrghble knows this to be true just as much as the rest of us do. As much as we like to poke him about Dak, Dak is a far superior QB to Aikman. So was staubach. So was Romo. Danny White was better than Aikman.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Let's have a look at my favorite Troy Aikman performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1l00mEp2Ks&t=16s

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

predicto posted:

Airman was the Terry Bradshaw of the 1990s. A slightly above average QB who got multiple rings and a ticket to Canton by being a caretaker for a team that was utterly stacked with talent at every other position and behind one of the two or three greatest offensive lines ever assembled. He belongs in the Hall of Fame just about as much as Dixon Edwards does.

blrghble knows this to be true just as much as the rest of us do. As much as we like to poke him about Dak, Dak is a far superior QB to Aikman. So was staubach. So was Romo. Danny White was better than Aikman.

Your sour grapes are loving delicious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rules are so different it’s impossible to compare anything about qbs with that much time between them other than wins and Super Bowls imho.

How many games could tony romo have played per season in the 70s? 4 ? 5?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sickening posted:

Your sour grapes are loving delicious.

He's right lol

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

^^^^^

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

I just don't understand why everybody in the NFC East threat is so mad all the

Oh

I’m just lolling over the fact that you’re Horney for Aikman when even in his prime he was never respected like the Steve Youngs of the world

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

The rules are so different it’s impossible to compare anything about qbs with that much time between them other than wins and Super Bowls imho.

yeah this is true as well. good people on both sides

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I’m just lolling over the fact that you’re Horney for Aikman when even in his prime he was never respected like the Steve Youngs of the world

Of course I love Troy, he was winning super bowls as my team's quarterback when I was a little 5-10 year-old rear end in a top hat.

But in fairness to me, I've made no definitive statement as to where he belongs on the list of greatest quarterbacks of all time, other than that he's demonstrably ahead of Eli Manning on that list.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Here’s a book I ready many times as a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv0tLz39sZY

Troy Aikman is a better singer than Eli.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Neither of them punted for 91 yards, thus Randall Cunningham is superior to both.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Why is every argument you make in incredibly poor faith?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/dan_salomone/status/1440836340359176197?s=21

Woomp woomp

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If Michael Irving was so good how come his spine folded under pressure against the concrete field at the vet? :smugbert:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

predicto posted:

The original argument was about whether Eli was better than Aikman, which even you didn't say while mentioning a bunch of people that are also better than Eli.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The original argument was about whether Eli was better than Aikman, which even you didn't say while mentioning a bunch of people that are also better than Eli.

Someone has a similar avatar to you, and it was jarring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Bananana posted:

Someone has a similar avatar to you, and it was jarring.

A number of people do. Like 6 years ago or so, someone spent a few hundred bucks sending all the posters in the final fantasy xiv thread to riker's island. The eyes of riker are a skill (that no longer exists in the game) called fracture, and there was a lot of heated debate about when it was useful to use it dps wise vs when it was a trap that actually lowered dps. Poster Fister Roboto had a riker av that was replaced with the fracture-riker at some point due to these debates. Whoever sent us all to the island first just flat used a c/p of fister's av. Then that person or a copycat started buying other people edited variations. All told there were more than a hundred goons sent to rikers. The head of the goon guilds, the chairman, got really salty about their av being changed to a riker. Most people laughed at it.

Since then, various others have added to them. There are animated versions. At one point Hobbes and mine were completely mirrored gifs, but someone changed his avatar and he now just matches mine.

I think there are still probably 10-20 rikers still running around.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh sorry. Sure, Eli was better than Aikman too. Put Eli on those stacked 90s cowboys teams and he wins just as many rings and would have better stats. Hell, even with Barry Switzer coaching you could win a ring with that roster.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Nice! posted:

A number of people do. Like 6 years ago or so, someone spent a few hundred bucks sending all the posters in the final fantasy xiv thread to riker's island. The eyes of riker are a skill (that no longer exists in the game) called fracture, and there was a lot of heated debate about when it was useful to use it dps wise vs when it was a trap that actually lowered dps. Poster Fister Roboto had a riker av that was replaced with the fracture-riker at some point due to these debates. Whoever sent us all to the island first just flat used a c/p of fister's av. Then that person or a copycat started buying other people edited variations. All told there were more than a hundred goons sent to rikers. The head of the goon guilds, the chairman, got really salty about their av being changed to a riker. Most people laughed at it.

Since then, various others have added to them. There are animated versions. At one point Hobbes and mine were completely mirrored gifs, but someone changed his avatar and he now just matches mine.

I think there are still probably 10-20 rikers still running around.

What's this got to do with Dak Prescott?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Brandon Brooks out 8 weeks. Landon Dickerson to start Monday

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoriEpstein/status/1441097026792353798?s=19

Somebody get me one

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What a poser. A real coach would buy a bootleg "Calvin pissing on the Star" shirt from a guy at 15th & Market.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
a real Philly coach would of got a Dallas Sucks TO Swallows Pills shirt.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/DZangaroNBCS/status/1441449267738988550?s=20

oh god they're gonna have to start dillard

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

MD2020 posted:

What a poser. A real coach would buy a bootleg "Calvin pissing on the Star" shirt from a guy at 15th & Market.

:emptyquote:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1441453186213036039?s=19

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
In other news, the cowboys have signed the two biggest things they could find to play D Line, Euphronius' hate for Carson Wentz, and Doltos' ego

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1441787760193458177?s=19

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

blarzgh posted:

In other news, the cowboys have signed the two biggest things they could find to play D Line, Euphronius' hate for Carson Wentz, and Doltos' ego

Booooooo

GET OFF THE STAGE!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Booooooo

GET OFF THE STAGE!

Hey hey, alright alright, so who here hates flying??.....

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32280659/sources-dallas-cowboys-lael-collins-attempted-bribe-nfl-drug-test-collector

quote:

The NFL initially was preparing to suspend Collins five games for his actions, but the NFL Players Association -- aware of the intended five-game suspension -- helped negotiate a reduction to what would have been a two-game ban.

Collins, however, appealed the suspension, and the appeal was heard by an arbitrator appointed jointly by both the league and the NFLPA. The arbitrator not only rejected Collins' appeal, but ruled that based on the evidence, the suspension should be increased back to the original five games.

Holy poo poo that’s a self-own lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Missed seven tests
Tried to bribe the test collector
Appealed a suspension everyone else was about to reduce anyway that got it pushed back to the maximum

Been a while since I've seen someone gently caress up so much in such a short timespan

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I bet dak would have gotten that bribe delivered with a perfect spiral to the right hands.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

How does attempted bribery of an official not lead to a full ban from the NFL?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Missed seven tests
Tried to bribe the test collector
Appealed a suspension everyone else was about to reduce anyway that got it pushed back to the maximum

Been a while since I've seen someone gently caress up so much in such a short timespan

Well at least this time he tried to pay for the illegal act.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cartoon Man posted:

How does attempted bribery of an official not lead to a full ban from the NFL?

well when your owner is jerry jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Very fired up crowd for Eli Manning day here at MetLife.

Got my bobble head.

The halftime ceremony is the thing everyone is looking forward to.

The Giants!