Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh Android 7, very secure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Maybe it will use the known and well-tested FreedomOS from the FreedomPhone

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Remember that laser razor scam from a few years ago? Why not put it in a lawnmower?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laserlawnmower/laser-lawnmower-prototype-development?ref=discovery_category_newest

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

None of the tiers get you a lawnmower

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

No but for $3000 they'll link your twitter on their website :haw:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ah, yes, let's go from traumatic kinetic injuries to burnt retinas and battery explosions from the immense amount of power this would need to cut through wet grass.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
LOL they're going to put like oan and Newsmax apps on it and pretend it's a secure patriotic roku, aren't they

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The lawn mower render has three vertical beams, why on earth would you need three times the the power output to cut each blade of grass more than once?

Also they probably can't promise you a lawn mower since they don't have a working prototype that kickstarter requires (now, since embarrassments like the laser shaver), but are skirting that by trying to raise development funds instead.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

dwarf74 posted:

LOL they're going to put like oan and Newsmax apps on it and pretend it's a secure patriotic roku, aren't they

I would be shocked if they put that much effort in, probably just drop shipping the thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cutting your lawn with a laser seems like a good way to start a fire.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Captain Hygiene posted:

I know seat risers are a thing for some folks with disabilities, I have no idea whether a multitiered system like this is actually solving an existing problem though. At least I feel like their heart's in the right place for once, anyway.

Yes, not so crazy. They give out toilet risers to people who've had hip replacements, so it's easier for them to sit while healing and the angle at their hip doesn't go past 90 degrees. So it's plausible.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Can I have a link to that?
For....reasons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Erulisse posted:

Can I have a link to that?
For....reasons.

Enjoy. If you start a successful kickstarter to scam morons please cut me a cheque. I need a new TV.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....20d72ee9p279tM

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Iragon - Аn Erotic RPG Game

quote:

Includes a fully voice-acted story about magical girls, elves, and a bisexual sorceress. Play in standard or VR mode.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

quote:

$146,564
pledged of $10,000
:stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I am telling you, get some artists, know a little code, and just make sex games and people will throw money at it like no tomorrow. Honestly they're gimping themselves going kickstarter and not opening a patreon, those things hit tens of thousands of dollars each month.

E:

quote:

Play in ...VR mode.

Alright I take it back I'm sold

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's true, I should know from the awful games thread what people are willing to throw money at.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

It’s rare in the software world that a company name also describes the product but they’ve done it Repulsive Games Repulse Games.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

'Colorado Stark' is a really unconvincing name.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

looking to see if there's anything interesting and oh:

With the help of the devil herself, you will seduce and corrupt an innocent housewife in Ntraholic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goons learning 'Sex Sells' ITT

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Infinitum posted:

Oh yeah? And where do you buy it then? At a sex store?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

By the sea shore

OBVIOUSLY

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Infinitum posted:

By the sea shore

OBVIOUSLY

Oooooh so THATS what a sex on the beach is!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Infinitum posted:

By the sea shore

OBVIOUSLY

Step 1: You must create a sense of scarcity

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Well I hadn't seen you post about it in the kickstarter thread :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

We can't possibly have gone three months with nobody making a terrible Kickstarter, so here's a doozy:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-tsr-against-wizards-of-the-coast#/discussion

In a nutshell: someone let the TSR trademark lapse through inattention, a bunch of idiots bought it and began publishing pirate copies of old D&D manuals, and are now crowdfunding a legal action against Wizards of the Coast for reasons too complex and stupid to list here.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
A classic of the ‘trying to sound impressive while stupid’ genre. Haven’t read one of those in a while.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is this the one where Gary Gygax's own son has been blackballed from pretty much every major convention for being Problematic - including Gencon? You know, the one his Dad also founded.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Is there a summary somewhere? Cause that looks delightfully stupid but trying to piece together what's going on from just the campaign page doesn't seem like it'll work.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

ultrafilter posted:

Is there a summary somewhere? Cause that looks delightfully stupid but trying to piece together what's going on from just the campaign page doesn't seem like it'll work.

I also don’t know the background, but it seems like the main grievance of that campaign is that Wizards of the Coast includes a disclaimer with old D&D products acknowledging that they may be sexist and racist. (HINT: They are!) Apparently that’s a “woke” bridge to far for these guys!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Tetraptous posted:

I also don’t know the background, but it seems like the main grievance of that campaign is that Wizards of the Coast includes a disclaimer with old D&D products acknowledging that they may be sexist and racist. (HINT: They are!) Apparently that’s a “woke” bridge to far for these guys!
You see, that vague and milquetoast statement is defamation because...
Uhm
Because.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I’ve only got what I’ve read on Twitter but it is a good overview if you can handle reading long-rear end tweet threads:
The story of the three TSRs
The court case against WOTC

Interesting postscript: TSR II is now called Solarian Games and TSR III is now called Wonderfilled.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Infinitum posted:

Is this the one where Gary Gygax's own son has been blackballed from pretty much every major convention for being Problematic - including Gencon? You know, the one his Dad also founded.

I think Ernie Gygax may have had too much good sense to be involved in this particular stupid venture.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

FOLLOW ME/ I'LL SHOW YOU THE WORLD, USING YOUR OWN AVATAR

DOOR TO METAVERSE IS OPEN. DRIVE YOUR OWN AVATAR'S BROADCAST! FUN AND EARN WITH COMBINATION OF POSSIBILITIES AS IN UBER + INSTAGRAM.

... OUR THREADS IN METAVERSE ARE WOVEN TOGETHER ...
This is your avatar in real life!
Avatar Carries out your tasks anywhere in the world.
For instance...
Your teacher, he demonstrates all the principles of the subject in practice!
Your personal assistant, performs any of your tasks around the world!
Your personal guide anywhere in the world!

also imagine that we can place a camera on a pet, you can also see the world already through its eyes ...

Global system of communication, professional assistance. With the ability to earn and scale your talent!

Follow your dream, Follow me!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

this makes timecube look sane

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

kirbysuperstar posted:

this makes timecube look sane

This is deadly erroneous.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Blue Moonlight posted:

This is deadly erroneous.

Sane might be the wrong word, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Kolobog project: board game, book and platform

Imagine, every day somebody on the planet Earth wakes up in the morning with wonderful idea of how to improve whatever part of our life experience, although one can't do it alone and need collaborators with necessary skills and/or resources to get idea come into life, wether this idea is local community initiative or media project or something, that only particular creator can imagine.

Here is how "magic" part of the game works
Pursuing passion for project based cooperation facilitation, the idea and prototype for multi-stakeholder dealmaking has been manifested as Creators Negotiate game and club already, which, in its turn, came into life as a result of gamification of the same name book about negotiations of my authorship. Overall chamber-like concept, warmness and atmosphere of empathy in cooperation, normally accompanying game session experience, captured below. With help of you we will improve and adopt it for Kolobog project management methodology, which is, in essence, based on traditional media production process (pre-production, production and post-production).

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Dec 31, 2021