Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

MacheteZombie posted:

Got a guy in my league with fant and gronk. Can't get him to budge on trading me fant lol.

Just curious, what’d you offer? I’ve got both in one league, only drafted Fant. Someone dropped Gronk after week 1 so I scooped him up because I went with Brady in our draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Got a guy in my league with fant and gronk. Can't get him to budge on trading me fant lol.

Try to get Gronk?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

generic one posted:

Just curious, what’d you offer? I’ve got both in one league, only drafted Fant. Someone dropped Gronk after week 1 so I scooped him up because I went with Brady in our draft.

Yea I’d drop Gronk too after he scored 2 touchdowns in week one.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Try to get Gronk?

"I feel like fant will get hurt if I do that"

generic one posted:

It's a ppr league for a little more info.

I made various offers with different combos of Rondale Moore, KJ Osborn, Mike Davis. Then upped to Swift or Sterling Shepherd if he included another player (we didn't name anyone specific), and that I'd include either of my TEs if he really wanted to roster 2 (goedert or higbee).

I dont like rostering two TEs but I'm doing it right now because week 1 made me worry about Higbee then Week 2 happened to Goedert and I'm currently stuck on which to move on from.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

Yea I’d drop Gronk too after he scored 2 touchdowns in week one.

Actually, just looked at our adds/drops, and I got the timing wrong. Gronk got dropped on Friday, so he was just available when waivers processed the Tuesday after week 1 had wrapped. The guy drafted both Gronk and Blake Jarwin, replaced Jarwin with Jonnu Smith, dropped Gronk (for Wayne Gallman :lmao:), dropped Gallman for Gesicki (Gronk hadn’t cleared waivers yet), and then lost the bid to me to pick up Gronk.

He currently has Engram and Kmet at TE. One could say he’s made a few moves.

MacheteZombie posted:

"I feel like fant will get hurt if I do that"

It's a ppr league for a little more info.

I made various offers with different combos of Rondale Moore, KJ Osborn, Mike Davis. Then upped to Swift or Sterling Shepherd if he included another player (we didn't name anyone specific), and that I'd include either of my TEs if he really wanted to roster 2 (goedert or higbee).

PPR for this one, too. Good info to have! Thinkin I might try and trade him to the guy who dropped Gronk, since he’s on his 5th & 6th different TE at the moment.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Which of James Robinson, Saquon or CEH do you think is most likely to turn things around? I'm thinking CEH because the Jags offense is absolute terror poo poo and the Giants offensive game plan for Saquon is ":shrug: how I use RB?"

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Saquon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think both Saquon and CEH will turn it around.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Very bummed about James Robinson this year. Didn't like Meyer before and dislike him even more now

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Sometimes it's hard to budge the people with multiple QBs and TEs in the first quarter of the season; teams are mostly healthy and byes have yet to start. Once they get to week 7 or 8 and they don't have enough RBs and WR to fill a lineup due to injuries and byes, then they become more likely to trade (or they just drop their extra QB/TE) It just takes patience. In the meantime, I get to start Cole Kmet again. 😞

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

Sometimes it's hard to budge the people with multiple QBs and TEs in the first quarter of the season; teams are mostly healthy and byes have yet to start. Once they get to week 7 or 8 and they don't have enough RBs and WR to fill a lineup due to injuries and byes, then they become more likely to trade (or they just drop their extra QB/TE) It just takes patience. In the meantime, I get to start Cole Kmet again. 😞

Good call… I was kinda thinking of keeping Fant through Gronk’s bye week anyway, then trying to offload Fant. That’d be week 9. Not a huge fan of rostering two, but I can make it work.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Very bummed about James Robinson this year. Didn't like Meyer before and dislike him even more now

Same. I didn’t pay hardly attention to pre-season, and so I drafted purely off my (terrible) gut and Beersheets. Were there signs he was going to struggle this year?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

Same. I didn’t pay hardly attention to pre-season, and so I drafted purely off my (terrible) gut and Beersheets. Were there signs he was going to struggle this year?

They sign was they signed Urban Meyer as Head Coach

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

I suspected he wouldn't repeat last years performance once they hired Meyer and drafted Etienne. When Etienne got hurt I thought Robinson had a better shot at seeing more touches to help control games and open up better opportunities for Trevor, but it's not happening so far. Week 1 the jags fell behind quick so that didn't help, Week 2 I'm not sure what happened, the Jags had an early lead but then didn't score for the next two quarters.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Ugh, yeah I forgot about the new coaching hire.

Hope Robinson comes around, he was drafted as my FLEX and this won’t be the first time one of my higher picks busts quickly (Zach Ertz last year).

I’m pretty poop at fantasy football but have gotten second in my money league for the last 3 years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

As a Jaguars fan.... amen, brother.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ronald Jones is pretty much droppable right? I've got him and 4net

I just know when i drop this fucker he's gonna start putting up 15 points each week

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Ronald Jones is pretty much droppable right? I've got him and 4net

I just know when i drop this fucker he's gonna start putting up 15 points each week
Droppable is always relative. The question is "who would you drop him for?"

He's garbage now but could turn into not-garbage at any time.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

dy. posted:

Droppable is always relative. The question is "who would you drop him for?"

He's garbage now but could turn into not-garbage at any time.

a Kicker, who i dropped to grab Mooney. I guess i could always drop Latavius instead of him, but even he has at least some TD upside.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

coronaball posted:

Yeah I just realized a guy in my Standard league has Kelce, Hockenson, *and* Tonyan

Like, what the gently caress dude

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah I just realized a guy in my Standard league has Kelce, Hockenson, *and* Tonyan

Like, what the gently caress dude

Could be worse. There's a guy in a 1QB league with Murray, Rodgers, and Hurts who keeps spam trading me Rodgers or Hurts for my starters lol.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just got an offer in redraft for Big Ben and JT for Chubb.

Looking at the waiver.... these dudes hold 3qbs each. The best qb on waivers is Mac Jones. Maybe Wentz.

What the hell is going on in this league.

Gonna keep rolling my Burrow out there till he dies.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Annnnnd McCaffrey to the tent with a hamstring injury. :smithicide:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

freeman posted:

Could be worse. There's a guy in a 1QB league with Murray, Rodgers, and Hurts who keeps spam trading me Rodgers or Hurts for my starters lol.

Someone in the goon beer league, which is 1QB, has Murray, Dak, and Hurts.

You know who you are.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I was too scared to play cooks this week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Someone in the goon beer league, which is 1QB, has Murray, Dak, and Hurts.

You know who you are.

Funnily enough that was not who I expected.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I, too, have that regret. :respek:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rick Grimes posted:

Annnnnd McCaffrey to the tent with a hamstring injury. :smithicide:

this was 100% guaranteed to happen and anyone with CMC on their team but not Hubbard has been playing themselves from the start.

Hubbard'll be 2021's Mike Davis.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

this was 100% guaranteed to happen and anyone with CMC on their team but not Hubbard has been playing themselves from the start.

Hubbard'll be 2021's Mike Davis.

So help you win a couple weeks and then sabotage it for the rest?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

VietCampo posted:

So help you win a couple weeks and then sabotage it for the rest?

1100 total yards, 59 catches, 8 TDs in 12 started games for a guy you drafted in in the 10th+ or $1 if you're doing fantasy correctly.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

1100 total yards, 59 catches, 8 TDs in 12 started games for a guy you drafted in in the 10th+ or $1 if you're doing fantasy correctly.

Sure but from weeks 7-16 in half PPR he scored below 9 points 7 times. Effectively sabotaging anyone starting him. More than half those yards came in weeks 3-6, lol.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 24, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I checked in a few minutes before halftime and was really annoyed I forgot Mills was starting and left Cooks in, but I'm a lot happier now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I started Brandin Cooks in all 11 leagues where I have him :smuggo:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I started Cooks in my main league but still have him behind Diggs, Evans, and Cooper in the other league I have him in. Pretty sure I hosed up there and Evans and/or Cooper will put up single digits.

I also sat Moore behind Jefferson, Allen, and Kupp. Pretty sure I hosed that one up too. Fantasy football is in full swing.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Imma start trusting projections less and my dick more

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Started Cooks in the only league I have him, he’s probably been my most solid player, aside from Kelce

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yahoo won’t let me rage drop Robby Anderson

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Imma start trusting projections less and my dick more

Starting Garoppolo every week

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cooks dropped so far in both my leagues. He was a great pickup in the 10th and 11th rounds for me.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Cat Hassler posted:

Yahoo won’t let me rage drop Robby Anderson

That could only be true if you started him.

Oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

That could only be true if you started him.

Oh dear.

The horror