Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

The horror

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1441237536915918864?s=19

It's true

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

sourdough posted:

I checked in a few minutes before halftime and was really annoyed I forgot Mills was starting and left Cooks in, but I'm a lot happier now

:same:

Mills looked decent enough to throw it deep to Cooks when he gets enough time to throw.

My 8th and 9th round picks of Cooks and Mike Williams really making my season in one league.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

dxt posted:

:same:

Mills looked decent enough to throw it deep to Cooks when he gets enough time to throw.

My 8th and 9th round picks of Cooks and Mike Williams really making my season in one league.

Yeah I’m loving my 1% of budget mike Williams pick, hopefully he stays the course

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

:five:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I could not believe it when DJ Moore fell to me at the end of the 9th round in a 10 team keeper league (standard scoring). There is a flex and superflex and we only start 2 dedicated WR so most teams do not need a ton of WR, but I was literally eyeing him from rounds 5+ but needed RBs since I lost Dobbins and everyone else had good RB keepers. I already had Lamb and Hopkins so I did not really need a starting WR that badly, but each round I definitely wanted him before picking 4 RB in a row from rounds 4-8. The main risk was that Anderson might end up the primary receiver, but that does not seem to be happening. Was a live draft and I pretty much slammed the sticker on the board 1 second into my pick.

He never seems to score touchdowns so he is kind of a high floor, average ceiling player, but I will take 126 yards replacing Henderson as my flex.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 24, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pain of Mind posted:

I could not believe it when DJ Moore fell to me at the end of the 9th round in a 10 team keeper league (standard scoring). There is a flex and superflex and we only start 2 dedicated WR so most teams do not need a ton of WR, but I was literally eyeing him from rounds 5+ but needed RBs since I lost Dobbins and everyone else had good RB keepers. I already had Lamb and Hopkins so I did not really need a starting WR that badly, but each round I definitely wanted him before picking 4 RB in a row from rounds 4-8. The main risk was that Anderson might end up the primary receiver, but that does not seem to be happening. Was a live draft and I pretty much slammed the sticker on the board 1 second into my pick.

He never seems to score touchdowns so he is kind of a high floor average ceiling player, but I will take 126 yards replacing Henderson as my flex.

Got him in the 8th in my non-superflex 10 team PPR league. Would've won last week if I started him instead of Amari Cooper or CEH :argh: Started him this week and I don't see him leaving his spot anytime soon.

dxt fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 24, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

dxt posted:

Got him in the 8th in my non-superflex 10 team PPR league. Would've won last week if I started him instead of Amari Cooper or CEH :argh: Started him this week and I don't see him leaving his spot anytime soon.

I don't even know what to do with CEH. He is on the field all game so it feels like you need to start him due to ~opportunity~ but:
A) They don't need him to do anything to win.
B) He might just be bad.
C) All of the above.

I am leaning C right now, thinking about playing injured Elijah Mitchell or Tim Patrick or something over him, really regretting hemming and hawing over picking between CEH or Carson and going with CEH.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wouldn’t even considering playing Mitchell or Tim Patrick over CEH.

Carson is a reasonable question tho.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I wouldn’t even considering playing Mitchell or Tim Patrick over CEH.

Carson is a reasonable question tho.

Yea, I am probably going to stick with CEH over them (though I would be wholly unsurprised if they outscore him), mainly just complaining about how much of a bust CEH looks like right now. I don't actually have Carson to play over him, was mainly regretting drafting CEH over him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
In my main league, the Cook owner bought into Zimmer's optimistic early week coachspeak and dropped Mattison. I added him off waivers last night, and the Cook owner was there at midnight trying to re-add him as an FA. I know he was pissed. 😀

(This could all be moot if the coachspeak was real and Cook plays)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Desperate guy just dropped Aiyuk? Uh yeah I'll hold him a couple weeks at least.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Time to slam that Josh Gordon button for.... 2 weeks

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My Josh Garden will bloom once more

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Trey Sermon has cleared the concussion protocol and Elijah Mitchell is officially Doubtful to play this weekend.

I can’t wait to see how this goes wrong for Sermon yet again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

With Jacobs out I'm forced to start him so his head will fall off

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Trey Sermon or Robby Anderson ROS? .5 PPR

Someone just dropped Sermon in my league

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cat Hassler posted:

How much do you need a RB? I'd probably do it, but I've been down on Robby for a while now.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Cat Hassler posted:

Surprised someone would drop Sermon when it looks like he'll have the backfield to himself this week.

I dropped Robby for Mooney in 1 league yesterday morning. Even if he gets more targets while CMC is out by the time I'd start him CMC will be back and that could go away.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Does anybody do IDP here? Apparently most of the Cowboys front 7 are dead. I have Micah Parsons (not dead) and I wonder if it's a worthy start this week or should I stick with Eric Kendricks

Also IDP just seems like a total crapshoot more or less

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I play with a single IDP which honestly might as well be nobody. I always pick a random guy and then forget about it for the rest of the year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This league I'm in has 5 IDP starting slots (1 lineman, 2 linebackers, 2 secondary).

Secondary is weird because not only is it simply luck but you don't necessarily want to pick a CB that's too good, because theoretically a team will attack the weaker side more, therefore the weaker CB will have more action and points potential

It's a really weird thing

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I remembered Parsons being highly ranked around draft time. Checking current rankings he seems to be an LB3/flex.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

shyduck posted:

This league I'm in has 5 IDP starting slots (1 lineman, 2 linebackers, 2 secondary).

Secondary is weird because not only is it simply luck but you don't necessarily want to pick a CB that's too good, because theoretically a team will attack the weaker side more, therefore the weaker CB will have more action and points potential

It's a really weird thing

You want safeties especially in the box safeties like Jamal Adams and once those are gone you want young corners that can tackle and hope they get picked on by opposing QBs. Avoid OLBs unless you can slot them with dlinemen, an off the ball linebacker will see more action usually. Unless tackling is super devalued in your scoring then just pray for big plays.

We had an all idp league for a few years, I ran it towards the end. It was fun but I haven’t had the energy to run another league.

As for Parsons vs Kendricks both have pretty good matchups for tackling opportunity. I would go Kendricks as the safer option. Is Parsons getting more playtime because other people are out? If he was already on the field almost every snap I don’t think his production will change that much.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shyduck posted:

Does anybody do IDP here? Apparently most of the Cowboys front 7 are dead. I have Micah Parsons (not dead) and I wonder if it's a worthy start this week or should I stick with Eric Kendricks

Kendricks is an absolute stud and has been playing like it. Don't overthink this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What the gently caress is wrong with CEH

quote:

Edwards-Helaire has 30 touches this year (27 rushing attempts and three catches), and zero first downs. That’s an astonishingly bad statistic; no other running back in the NFL is close. It’s almost impossible to get the ball that much and never pick up a first down.

The advanced stats at FootballOutsiders.com rank Edwards-Helaire dead last among all running backs in the league, both in his total production and his per-play efficiency. The FootballOutsiders.com stats also rank the Chiefs first in the NFL in passing offense but 30th in rushing offense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Somebody on that LSU natty offense had to bust

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

kiimo posted:

I was excited for him to fall to me in 3 leagues :negative:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Epi Lepi posted:

We had an all idp league for a few years, I ran it towards the end. It was fun but I haven’t had the energy to run another league.

Sir, I will never forget this league even when I'm old, grayed, and dying. It was literally the toughest league I've ever been a part of :911:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

shyduck posted:

Aside from the things other people say, I also like to rotate DEs based on match up. Right now I have Von Miller who's been great but I'll probably shuffle him out for someone else next week, after he eats Zach Wilson.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

I think this has been an aberration of the Chief's first two games; their play calling, mostly, plus two defenses (browns & ravens) who are very good vs. the rush. Last week he only got 13 carries, and the TD rushing opportunity was vultured by Williams, and he had a rare fumble. He was also kept out of the passing game entirely, and I'm not sure why or whether that was again just an aberration.

This is my league view, but it's got useful information from MFL for his matchups:

I'll start being worried if he runs poorly against the Chargers, who are ranked 28th in rushing D. Next week its the eagles, which should be another good one. If he isn't looking great by then, I'll likely be sitting him week 5 vs. the bills, but after that he has another few softer run Ds to face.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Slow your roll calling the Browns good against the run. The 2nd sample we have is against the Texans. Football outsiders loves it but I'm unconvinced.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Aw man, rip Mike Tagliere :smith:

https://twitter.com/TabbieTalks/status/1441806486573780997?s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Parsons getting more playtime because other people are out? If he was already on the field almost every snap I don’t think his production will change that much.
Apparently I just read he's taken a bunch of snaps at DE during practice this week. Eagles are down two important OL starters and their backup-now-starting LT Monday has so far proven to be nothing more than a turnstile, so this is becoming an interesting choice

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Aw man, rip Mike Tagliere :smith:

yeah it sucks. he wasn’t that old and he said on twitter he was vax’d

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I think this has been an aberration of the Chief's first two games; their play calling, mostly, plus two defenses (browns & ravens) who are very good vs. the rush. Last week he only got 13 carries, and the TD rushing opportunity was vultured by Williams, and he had a rare fumble. He was also kept out of the passing game entirely, and I'm not sure why or whether that was again just an aberration.

This is my league view, but it's got useful information from MFL for his matchups:

I'll start being worried if he runs poorly against the Chargers, who are ranked 28th in rushing D. Next week its the eagles, which should be another good one. If he isn't looking great by then, I'll likely be sitting him week 5 vs. the bills, but after that he has another few softer run Ds to face.

Well maybe but the thing is his vision looks real bad and the burst on his cuts which was supposed to be his like, one elite thing he did looks entirely missing this season and I wonder if that injury hosed that up.

If it did CEH is too slow to break open and despite being very strong too small to bulldoze for yards. That immediate cut was what had fans so excited. And it is gone somehow.

And his vision looking bad is very concerning as well. That was never an issue in college. I am trying to remain optimistic but my eyeballs tell me he looks like a JAG right now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pmchem posted:

yeah it sucks. he wasn’t that old and he said on twitter he was vax’d

Yeah he posted a message about how he was skipping the FF Expo because of his positive diagnosis, but that it didn't seem to be that bad :smith:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

kiimo posted:

Well maybe but the thing is his vision looks real bad and the burst on his cuts which was supposed to be his like, one elite thing he did looks entirely missing this season and I wonder if that injury hosed that up.

If it did CEH is too slow to break open and despite being very strong too small to bulldoze for yards. That immediate cut was what had fans so excited. And it is gone somehow.

And his vision looking bad is very concerning as well. That was never an issue in college. I am trying to remain optimistic but my eyeballs tell me he looks like a JAG right now.

Apparently he has a sprained ankle? So yeah, hard to be explosive

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Apparently he has a sprained ankle? So yeah, hard to be explosive

He has an ankle situation...from last season. If it was a new injury I'd feel a lot less apprehensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

kiimo posted:

He has an ankle situation...from last season. If it was a new injury I'd feel a lot less apprehensive.

Oh ok lol yeah that guy’s hosed