Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

preferably by the neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Kawalimus posted:

It's time for Ben to hang em up.

HELL YEAH

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Not trying to be too down on the team--just think conditions are ripe for a letdown here. I think we can win if our pass rush wakes up. Just too many injuries to expect a lot from the Ravens this year even after one of the biggest wins in franchise history.

jesus christ dude

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

tbh the ravens are notorious for making GBS threads their pants after a big win

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

That's part of it plus we're on the road out of conference against a desperate team.

I remember in 2011 when we lost to the Tavaris Jackson Seahawks after that amazing win against Pittsburgh. I think it's a normal thing to happen. And with these injuries and Queen being a bust our defense is pretty bad and is going to be letting through a lot of points. Like I said we need the pass rush to start showing up if we want to seriously expect better than ".500" this year.

I see the first two games as sort of a sign of things to come this year. Winning games we should have lost due to Lamar and the run game's great performances and losing games we should win due to injuries and poor defense.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm just doing the zero expectations thing for this year and it worked out pretty well Sunday

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this ravens team has huge holes in it, they can be schemed out and around and lamar can outplay them like on sunday but yeah they are probably just going to oscillate between the raiders game and the chiefs game over and over and over again this season and end up mediocre

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

During*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mwuh. bwuh :( :(

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm more optimistic. the offensive line was a complete disaster clusterfuck in week 1 in part because the group had barely played together. the game was full of even their decent IOL guys loving up the assignments and miscommunication.

I mean look at this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1438208886855454720

on Sunday they looked much more in sync and ran wild with a no-name backfield on what is admittedly a terrible run defense. any given Sunday and all but I don't see any reason to think Detroit is somehow uniquely capable of stopping them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm fairly optimistic about the offense. It's the defense that's going to lose us most of our games. On offense our best hope is Stanley somehow coming back healthy and keeping that dominant run game going. I still think on offense we will miss Gus Edwards even more than Dobbins due to his great short yardage ability. And that lets us go for most 4th and 1 plays. That was a huge reason we did what we did in 2019 was that 4th and 1 efficiency.

We have one of the worst defenses in football right now. Who we played helps that but still to be that low is concerning.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ben Ol Marsh Pussy

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm just doing the zero expectations thing for this year and it worked out pretty well Sunday

:same:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the ravens got no shot. not with the Cincinnati Bengals in the division

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Unfortunately it seems that the Ravens ceiling is beating last year's Super Bowl participant

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Honestly the most remarkable thing about that is that they seem to have gained yards on that play.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
In defense of our defense playing the raiders and the chiefs would make most defenses look like poo poo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://twitter.com/JuiceKUrameshi/status/1440390265215148044

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Why’s Borsche writing that

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

BrownThunder posted:

Lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BrownThunder posted:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

BrownThunder posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I remember in 2011 when we lost to the Tavaris Jackson Seahawks after that amazing win against Pittsburgh. I think it's a normal thing to happen.

I wish the Bengals were successful enough to have a regular season letdown game from a decade ago haunt me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I wish the Bengals were successful enough to have a regular season letdown game from a decade ago haunt me.

I'm not haunted by it I just remember it. I also remember the 2005 game at Detroit where the Ravens had like 21 penalties and lost. 2005 was such a bad year. And the last game at Detroit in 2013 we won with a 60 yard FG by Tucker right at the end. I hope this game isn't like that penalty one.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oweh got defensive player of the week

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Oweh got defensive player of the week

The Cardinals guy probably deserved it more. But yeah Oweh is a solid choice too forcing two turnovers and recovering his own forced fumble.

I was convinced he would be a bust since the draft but watching him play he is solid and has potential to be really amazing. I still think there's a chance he could be a bust and will be interesting to see what happens when teams start devoting resources to him. But I was about 80% sure he would be a bust before now maybe about 30%. So that's much better.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The Cardinals guy probably deserved it more. But yeah Oweh is a solid choice too forcing two turnovers and recovering his own forced fumble.

I was convinced he would be a bust since the draft but watching him play he is solid and has potential to be really amazing. I still think there's a chance he could be a bust and will be interesting to see what happens when teams start devoting resources to him. But I was about 80% sure he would be a bust before now maybe about 30%. So that's much better.

Cardinals guy going to have a tough time winning the AFC defensive player of the week

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Cardinals guy going to have a tough time winning the AFC defensive player of the week

Oh I thought it was for the whole NFL.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Another covid positive player. This season is horrible. Quit now that Chiefs win is the best thing we'll do this year.

Edit: yes i am joking about quitting its just an expression of frustration.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 24, 2021

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Edit: yes i am joking about quitting its just an expression of frustration.

who hacked Kawalimus' account

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he forgot to log out. we only have one phone to make all our posts

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

he forgot to log out. we only have one phone to make all our posts

When did you come back?? :D

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
N:
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1441440959493857293?s=19

V:
:sickos:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Did Jaylon Ferguson even get any snaps Sunday? all that stuff in camp about if he's gonna make the team and then I totally forgot about him until today

e: he got 1 snap

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

unpopular opinion it doesn't matter if a player gets covid, they're probably vaccinated anyway if they're a fringe guy. they're not gonna cancel the game or anything

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

chamois posted:

unpopular opinion it doesn't matter if a player gets covid, they're probably vaccinated anyway if they're a fringe guy. they're not gonna cancel the game or anything

I mean yeah but now you’re hoping that there aren’t any breakthrough infections in the rest of the position group or that dude didn’t hotbox Lamar’s locker with COVID germs or w/e. It won’t be as disastrous as the Broncos QB room incident but it’s still a PITA for the staff and one more thing to worry about.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Freaquency posted:

I mean yeah but now you’re hoping that there aren’t any breakthrough infections in the rest of the position group or that dude didn’t hotbox Lamar’s locker with COVID germs or w/e. It won’t be as disastrous as the Broncos QB room incident but it’s still a PITA for the staff and one more thing to worry about.

yeah it's definitely annoying but it's not the same as last year when one guy having it basically meant your team was putting out backups next week no matter what. as long as he doesn't get super sick which, assuming he has the jab, is unlikely

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Good timing cause Landry is out like 3 weeks on IR right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

Good timing cause Landry is out like 3 weeks on IR right?

Yup