Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Havana Syndrome cause Lib Brain
This poll is closed.
Microwaves to the head 2 2.30%
Mass psychosis caused by lib brain 16 18.39%
Jeb! 23 26.44%
CIA reverse psychology causing Havana Syndrome 6 6.90%
Putin causes Lib Brain via Havana Syndrome 9 10.34%
VOTE! 31 35.63%
THE CIA PUT A CHIP IN MY BRAIN (RIP Norm) 0 0%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"My ideal system is one where each turn takes 30 minutes because I'm rolling a hundred different effects"

absolute psycho poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

lol red state Dem parties, tell us tales of their incompetence they're always the best and TN is up there with TX from what I'v heard

Well, the worst of it happened to be during the Kavanaugh hearings. Especially when that dull and dopey gently caress of a senate candidate, billionaire Phil Bredesen said that while he believed Ford, he still would vote to confirm him.

The state chair said the message to go out was that he was still a good candidate.

I told the chair exactly what she could have done with that message and proceeded to get banned from the email list. Their idea to fix Bredesen's unforced error was to get Taylor swift to endorse him.

Goddamn the TNDP belongs on a loving scaffold.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nix Panicus posted:

I like D&D 4e and I'm not afraid to say it

Epic High Five posted:

People of taste will not attack you for this, which is to say, prepare to be attacked

The real sickos are the 3.5 defenders

as a dedicated 4venger you have my blade

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Moby Dick is the greatest novel written in North America.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I still play 5e tho because I'm lazy

Suck Moredickis
Sep 12, 2021

by Epic High Five
Yeah man Bredesen totally would have won if only he hadn't said that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Well, the worst of it happened to be during the Kavanaugh hearings. Especially when that dull and dopey gently caress of a senate candidate, billionaire Phil Bredesen said that while he believed Ford, he still would vote to confirm him.

The state chair said the message to go out was that he was still a good candidate.

I told the chair exactly what she could have done with that message and proceeded to get banned from the email list. Their idea to fix Bredesen's unforced error was to get Taylor swift to endorse him.

Goddamn the TNDP belongs on a loving scaffold.

Oh Christ the Bredesen stuff was so dumb. Is it true that he lost basically all of his volunteers when he said that?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

"My ideal system is one where each turn takes 30 minutes because I'm rolling a hundred different effects"

absolute psycho poo poo

ah a fellow shadowrun enjoyer

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I liked 4th edition.

I also liked Queequeg. Having said that, trying to read Moby Dick in middle school was probably a mistake, my brain totally went on autopilot once they actually got to whaling.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you ever want to spend half an hour arguing about stupid poo poo? set something on fire in shadowrun

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suck Moredickis posted:

He sure as gently caress wasn't going to win on account of his issues, proposals, general personality, and being more of a loving republican than the republican who succeeded him as governor.

But I know you're pretty loving cavalier about rape in general anyway.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pathfinder 1e is the best system, but on this subject I will actually yield

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lol at loving Amy McGrath.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

People of taste will not attack you for this, which is to say, prepare to be attacked

The real sickos are the 3.5 defenders

3.5 defenders can be understood in the same way as elderly conservatives talking about how they want to go back to the old days. they're wrong, but you can see how they got there, they're terrified of a marginal improvement to their world invalidating all that came before.

you want the REAL sickos, you want to check out the Pathfinder 1.0 diehards

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

I still play 5e tho because I'm lazy

I mean yeah you play with the groups you can get and most people into RPGs enough to properly edition war have all played games that are mechanically (and otherwise) wayyyyy worse than 5e, which is bad more due to its mediocrity, laziness, and regression in design than because it's the worst thing ever

it's just the most frustrating poo poo ever because there are like a half dozen D&D-adjacent RPG's that are better designed, supported, and better fulfill 5e's putative design goals but it's still the "default" b/c of the brand name

Suck Moredickis
Sep 12, 2021

by Epic High Five

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

He sure as gently caress wasn't going to win on account of his issues, proposals, general personality, and being more of a loving republican than the republican who succeeded him as governor.

But I know you're pretty loving cavalier about rape in general anyway.

Remind me, how did the DSA candidate do in the TN 2020 senate race?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Oh Christ the Bredesen stuff was so dumb. Is it true that he lost basically all of his volunteers when he said that?

Hahahahaha did he loving ever. He about had to pull a Bloomberg and pay for endorsements.

Which probably explains the Taylor swift poo poo.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suck Moredickis posted:

Remind me again why I had to care about DSA as a democratic party chair for an isolated rural county in TN, you disingenuous rear end in a top hat?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

LGD posted:

as a dedicated 4venger you have my blade

And my damage 1d6 short bow

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

4e being basically just a footnote really sucks because it's the only edition that really tried to make ultra warriors of legend as nutso as ultra wizards of legend instead of just sword choppy people who get better at sword chopping

Suck Moredickis posted:

Unless you've had to suffer under your "representatives" being a famously incompetent red state Dem party it's probably not possible to communicate why this is so relatable to everybody talking about this

Probably Magic posted:

I liked 4th edition.

I also liked Queequeg. Having said that, trying to read Moby Dick in middle school was probably a mistake, my brain totally went on autopilot once they actually got to whaling.

There's no real shortage of books that are legit incredible but not if you're a high schooler. The Grapes of Wrath stands out to me as the biggest

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

you want the REAL sickos, you want to check out the Pathfinder 1.0 diehards
I'm a glutton for pain and to lazy to learn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Suck Moredickis posted:

as well as Bredesen

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Unless you've had to suffer under your "representatives" being a famously incompetent red state Dem party it's probably not possible to communicate why this is so relatable to everybody talking about this

But when has Biden's supporters ever cared about anything other than their own personal comfort?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

World Famous W posted:

Pathfinder 1e is the best system, but on this subject I will actually yield

lol lmao

I'm quite enjoying Wrath of the Righteous tho

also Pathfinder 2E is somehow really implausibly good (definitely one of those games that I think are better designed, supported, and better fulfill 5E's putative design goals - just the way they run their playtests of new material as actual playtests is a world of difference from D&D Next)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

You're a Hoosier, right? So we can laugh about Evan Bayh together.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, I thought I was asked to chair because they were interested in winning, but apparently they wanted to make sure a loving poor knew his place.

Which was as far away from them as possible and into a Maoist reading group. So I guess I got them to thank for that, but I don't know if it's generally okay to thank a group of people for being absolutely loving worthless.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

4e being basically just a footnote really sucks because it's the only edition that really tried to make ultra warriors of legend as nutso as ultra wizards of legend instead of just sword choppy people who get better at sword chopping

What you mean you don't like. I roll my attack, I'm enraged so I roll another action surge to roll another

* Five minutes later*

I deal three thousand forty two damage to the bandit on the left and end my turn.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Please don't distract from the WFRP 4th vs 2nd discussion with your lovely spawns of Gary 'Nits Make Lice' Gygax trash systems.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which is probably why some of the D&Ders are so salty for my not thanking them for their choice of a loving rapist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

You're a Hoosier, right? So we can laugh about Evan Bayh together.

Indeed, one of my favorite things to do is point out how the Birch -> Evan -> Republican forever arc is troublingly indicative of the larger issues the party has had because it so reliably is met with a blank stare because everybody just assumes Indiana has never been purple and has always been blood red lmao

at least we've got the laughter of that Donnelly lumberjack ad to keep up warm on a cold evening

Suck Moredickis
Sep 12, 2021

by Epic High Five

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Remind me again why I had to care about DSA as a democratic party chair for an isolated rural county in TN, you disingenuous rear end in a top hat?

...I'm talking about Marquita Bradshaw, the Democratic senate candidate in 2020. She was endorsed by the DSA and had much better positions than Bredesen. You implied that Bredesen's Republican-lite positions contributed to him losing, so I countered with the fact that a candidate with good positions actually did worse. Unless you weren't aware Marquita Bradshaw was running.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Anyway, please don't probate me for the next two hours because I need to figure out my feelings about Fena: Pirate Princess with the anime crew soon.

Paging Raenir so I can know their official take on Fena because I'm still puzzling over it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
shadowrun owns as a setting because everything you encounter short of dragons or horrors is, like, largely just a guy. theres no great dwarven cities or orc tribes, theres just guys that are short and guys that are big. huge gently caress off troll working security at the club youre trying to get into? loves the mariners and has a car payment coming due. slicked-back elf corporate contact with a 15d6 social pool? stressed out over his failson being a pothead.

as a system its torture

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Indeed, one of my favorite things to do is point out how the Birch -> Evan -> Republican forever arc is troublingly indicative of the larger issues the party has had because it so reliably is met with a blank stare because everybody just assumes Indiana has never been purple and has always been blood red lmao

at least we've got the laughter of that Donnelly lumberjack ad to keep up warm on a cold evening

My controversial take is that Lugar was a better senator than Bayh, at least he did something about nuclear proliferation instead of jack poo poo nothing.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suck Moredickis posted:

...I'm talking about Marquita Bradshaw, the Democratic senate candidate in 2020. She was endorsed by the DSA and had much better positions than Bredesen. You implied that Bredesen's Republican-lite positions contributed to him losing, so I countered with the fact that a candidate with good positions actually did worse. Unless you weren't aware Marquita Bradshaw was running.

As I was no longer in Tennessee and no longer a democrat in 2020 it was no longer my loving problem.

Imagine bringing that up as some sort of loving own like a loving cretin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sedisp posted:

What you mean you don't like. I roll my attack, I'm enraged so I roll another action surge to roll another

* Five minutes later*

I deal three thousand forty two damage to the bandit on the left and end my turn.

It allowed for a lot of really fuckin broken builds, like my ranger that iirc attacked like 12 times a round ensuring that 1-2 were nat 20's lol

Probably Magic posted:

Anyway, please don't probate me for the next two hours because I need to figure out my feelings about Fena: Pirate Princess with the anime crew soon.

Paging Raenir so I can know their official take on Fena because I'm still puzzling over it.

I'm not big on probations unless they're really deserved or really funny and you've been posting good anyway so fret not (from me at least)

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Thunderdome Anime watch night would be.... Something. Not sure what.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Feud is an anime, right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

My controversial take is that Lugar was a better senator than Bayh, at least he did something about nuclear proliferation instead of jack poo poo nothing.

It's hard to conceptualize Birch in politics as they are now and Evan was definitely just in it to climb the ladder. Lugar was solid, and more importantly, had a really solid and punchy name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

shadowrun owns as a setting because everything you encounter short of dragons or horrors is, like, largely just a guy. theres no great dwarven cities or orc tribes, theres just guys that are short and guys that are big. huge gently caress off troll working security at the club youre trying to get into? loves the mariners and has a car payment coming due. slicked-back elf corporate contact with a 15d6 social pool? stressed out over his failson being a pothead.

as a system its torture

it definitely feels like a system that was designed to have a computer doing most of the work, a position which is validated by some excellent and a lot more just okay games