Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1441493491859689472?s=19

Plaugens are back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

welp so much for that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Offense going to have to score every single drive for us to have a chance here.

This is the worst season for personnel in the history of the Ravens.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Offense going to have to score every single drive for us to have a chance here.

This is the worst season for personnel in the history of the Ravens.

jared goff is absolute dogshit. he's going to give us at least 2 free possessions if not touchdowns. he's worse than josh allen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

chamois posted:

yeah it's definitely annoying but it's not the same as last year when one guy having it basically meant your team was putting out backups next week no matter what.

:lol: :rip:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

chamois posted:

welp so much for that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

jared goff is absolute dogshit. he's going to give us at least 2 free possessions if not touchdowns. he's worse than josh allen.

He's good enough to beat us up if almost all our defense is backups.

In 2005 we lost to the Lions when they had Joey Harrington playing.

Before this I had the Lions at about a 60-40 chance of winning now more like 70-30. Only thing keeping us so high is that the offense still has that potential to really become a meat grinder and take over a game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 24, 2021

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Please don’t N

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

He's good enough to beat us up if almost all our defense is backups.

In 2005 we lost to the Lions when they had Joey Harrington playing.

Before this I had the Lions at about a 60-40 chance of winning now more like 70-30. Only thing keeping us so high is that the offense still has that potential to really become a meat grinder and take over a game.

It's not like all of the defenders will be back ups. Just 3 OLBs, 2 tackles, a MLB, 3 corners and a safety. Stop being so dramatic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody else say all the football position abbreviations as a word. olb. fuss. teh

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cavauro posted:

anybody else say all the football position abbreviations as a word. olb. fuss. teh

Cube

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in their tongue he is kawalimus. ravenborn. fuss olb teh!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPNUQsLYkn0

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

All these birds. I'll be in Cape May tuesday and wednesday. I hope I see more birds there.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I hope you see more birds too.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I do this but with bird codes. Like MOWA isnt mourning warbler i just say mowa. And OCWA is like Oh-cee Wah" etc.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me to.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I though I was the only one?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i say it like this. Big Ol Marsh Pussy

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

BO'MP

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i say it like this. Big Ol Marsh Pussy

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kawalimus posted:

i just say mowa.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Birds are very formal creatures and are deeply offended when you don't say their full names.

https://youtu.be/Wtezoj-s7uc

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bengals just brought the Steelers sack streak to an end

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Justin has exorcised the cuck

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
we are such delightful frauds

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

we are such delightful frauds

I don't think we're frauds really--I don't think the Ravens seem all that impressive to anyone.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

bemgrals

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sweet thursday posted:

Bengals just brought the Steelers sack streak to an end

We need to do a wellness check on D-link.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think we're frauds really--I don't think the Ravens seem all that impressive to anyone.

I hope the ravens get good enough for you to grant them "fraud" status

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

getting close to the days where d-link climbs onto his booster seat and starts declaring steelers losses as good, actually

and here we are

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Primetime_jet/status/1442225510545772546

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Just start sculpting that HOF bust for Tucker now..Plus the statue for outside of the stadium.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

beetlo posted:

Just start sculpting that HOF bust for Tucker now..Plus the statue for outside of the stadium.

The only thing that could screw him is Prater coming out and breaking it shortly after. He kicked one 66 in his game too today apparently but was a 68 yard attempt

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 26, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bengals are the #1 AFC North team right now.

discuss

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

discuss

They are pretty good and should be 3-0. I'm guessing they finish 2nd.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

discuss

The Bengals are hot fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

discuss

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.