Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

He has an ankle situation...from last season. If it was a new injury I'd feel a lot less apprehensive.
Didn't he re-sprain it during the preseason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Didn't he re-sprain it during the preseason?

Yeah but that was supposed to be a nothing dinged up kind of thing, not the kind of thing that ruins your ability to run for months.

The Chiefs don't really talk about injuries in any meaningful way but when Clyde got hurt last season it was bad. His hip, his groin, his ankle...he got bent in half. He got a sprain this preseason but nobody really knows how much that is still affecting him but he certainly looks slower so far. I'm not saying he can't gain it back eventually though.

Doing a quick dive though maybe I should go back and look at that injury again?

quote:

Does his ankle injury from a month ago have anything to do with his lack of goal-line/receiving work? Even running downhill, he looks tentative making those quick cuts that made him a first-round pick. — Riley M.

Edwards-Helaire’s preseason ankle injury was dismissed by many as the Chiefs made it seem like it wasn’t a big deal. Unfortunately any time a player suffers an ankle sprain, even a “mild” one, it’s a red flag. The mechanism of injury was also concerning to me after reviewing the video as he appeared to roll his ankle inward. This is a medial ankle sprain, which leads to damage to the deltoid ligament. I believe this is a big reason why he has struggled early on. Our algorithm has his HPF in the Below Average category at 44%. That’s not good.

It’s rare that a player can fully recover from this type of ankle sprain in under a month, especially when it’s a recurring issue. Edwards-Helaire just doesn’t look as sharp and confident making cuts as he used to. It’s very possible that he continues to deal with stiffness and pain in that ankle that is affecting him on the field. His range of motion may also be struggling, which would affect his quickness and ability to make effective cuts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
By the way there's a gofundme for tags' family. Whatever I win this year is gonna go there.

https://twitter.com/FantasyPros/status/1441877991198314498?s=19

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Spoeank posted:

By the way there's a gofundme for tags' family. Whatever I win this year is gonna go there.

https://twitter.com/FantasyPros/status/1441877991198314498?s=19

Ugh, such a huge loss for his family and community and at such a relatively young age.Thank you for sharing the link. I never win anything so I just dropped my usual league fee payment in there.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sir, I will never forget this league even when I'm old, grayed, and dying. It was literally the toughest league I've ever been a part of :911:

Man I really do miss it, it was pretty sweet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I won the goon IDP league last time.

My proudest fantasy moment :cheers:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shyduck posted:

Does anybody do IDP here? Apparently most of the Cowboys front 7 are dead. I have Micah Parsons (not dead) and I wonder if it's a worthy start this week or should I stick with Eric Kendricks

Also IDP just seems like a total crapshoot more or less

I’m in a IDP league that has a starting roster of 1 QB/RB/WR/TE/K, 1 K :lol:, 2 DL, 2 DB, 3 LB

It really is a crapshoot. That said I’d definitely stick with Kendricks (I have him)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Epi Lepi posted:

Man I really do miss it, it was pretty sweet.

Seconding that it was the best league. The competition was so good and the settings were so balanced that you could always he competitive. There were always like 6 guys within a game of each other.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

e: wrong thread

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 26, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Really hope Dalvin is inactive.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
DB
DB
DB
DB
DL
DL
LB
LB
LB
LB

This is the way I learned fantasy so I don’t know any better. DST leagues feel so boring and dull compared to building your own elite NFL defense.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drafted Barkley despite hating the idea of it. Should just follow my gut more.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
In dynasty I just got offered:

Me - Allen Robinson

Him - CEH and a 2nd

The dude is likely to be close to last due to injuries already. His QBs are also rookies and trash. I feel like I should mash accept? I have Jefferson and Woods still at WR so it's not like I'm thin there.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

Drafted Barkley despite hating the idea of it. Should just follow my gut more.

The only league where I drafted Barkley was a snake draft, standard scoring, I had the 12th pick. So, I smashed Barkley and Taylor at the corner.

Not working out so great!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

In dynasty I just got offered:

Me - Allen Robinson

Him - CEH and a 2nd

The dude is likely to be close to last due to injuries already. His QBs are also rookies and trash. I feel like I should mash accept? I have Jefferson and Woods still at WR so it's not like I'm thin there.

why does he get a 2nd and the better dynasty option? Dunno how much ARob offers you.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Despite so many fantasy football "gurus" calling for a breakout season for Jonathan Taylor, it's not happening after the first three weeks. He's not getting the volume of touches that was expected.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Mike Williams :getin:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lol

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

What was going on with ty’son today? He had one carry for almost the entire game, why were they trotting out Murray all game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Poque posted:

why does he get a 2nd and the better dynasty option? Dunno how much ARob offers you.

Sorry, he's offering me CEH and a second

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Justin Tucker KICKS!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm so mad I didn't start Mattison today, this is the EXACT situations I picked him up for and I started Mark Ingram instead because I had no clue Cook was gonna be out. Darn it

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Diggs a bust

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

So Cooks outscored Julio and Tyreek? Cool. 😔

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

dkj posted:

Diggs a bust

Not remotely. He’s clearly a huge part of their schemes. Big games will come

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry, he's offering me CEH and a second

Lol mash

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I need Sanders to score 0.07 more than Sermon :shudder:

Edit: now its 3.07 thanks to Carlson....

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 27, 2021

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Tom F'N Brady (age 44) led the Bucs in rushing today with 14 yards.

RoJo next with 11 yards.

Fournette racked up 8 yards.

That's not for any one quarter, that's the entire god drat game.

That's why I avoided the Bucs' backfield in fantasy.

Now, if someone could kindly get more balls thrown to Robert Woods, I would much appreciate it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Woods is killing me and it’s wild that now Mike Evans probably has a better floor because Woods spit in Stafford’s cereal or something.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Whoreson Welles posted:

Woods is killing me and it’s wild that now Mike Evans probably has a better floor because Woods spit in Stafford’s cereal or something.

I don't want to hope for a Cooper Kupp injury, but I need Mr. Woods to get targets, stat!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If this week has proven anything it's that I'm an idiot who makes constant panic moves.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

CocoaNuts posted:

Tom F'N Brady (age 44) led the Bucs in rushing today with 14 yards.

RoJo next with 11 yards.

Fournette racked up 8 yards.

That's not for any one quarter, that's the entire god drat game.

That's why I avoided the Bucs' backfield in fantasy.

Not rushing yardage but my Giovani Bernard is doing just fine :smug: on my dynasty bench

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

If this week has proven anything it's that I'm an idiot who makes constant panic moves.

I held onto AJ Green until like week 8 last season so it’s not always greener on the other side

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
so i dont know if its justin fields season yet

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Robinson is looking like a major disaster.

I benched CEH to start Robinson in my flex and it's probably gonna lose me the week. need kittle, Jones, Cooper, Devonta Smith and Zeke to score under 70 pts full PPR. oh God and zuerlein.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

dkj posted:

I held onto AJ Green until like week 8 last season so it’s not always greener on the other side

My first offseason in my dynasty league I trades away all the Benglas on the team I took over, including Green.

My team still sucks but it was absolutely the right idea. :colbert:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Emmanuel Sanders, AJ Green, and Desean Jackson all produced today for whatever reason

Like it’s 2014 again

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Love being in the UK so I can go to sleep with ESPN telling me I have a 95% chance of winning and wake up finding out that has reduced that to 1%

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Party Boat posted:

Love being in the UK so I can go to sleep with ESPN telling me I have a 95% chance of winning and wake up finding out that has reduced that to 1%

I'm not saying this is what happened to you, but it's funny how the ESPN win percentage has no idea what to do with D/ST. Like, it'll project final score based on current performance, but it can't account for the likelihood that the points total will shrink as the game goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
ESPN win percentages must use the same insane machine learning that their IBM Watson trade suggestions does. Last week I was down 36 with only Rodgers to play on Monday night, win percentage was 99-1. Rodgers throws one touchdown late in the first, doesn’t move the needle. He throws another at the end of the second, it goes to maybe 5% for me.

He throws one halfway through the third, suddenly it’s like 92-8 in my favor? I was still down probably 14 points with barely over a quarter left so idk what this thing was smoking. Did it think he was just going to continue throwing TD’s every five minutes without question?

Long story short I lost by 3. Thanks WFT and Jason Sanders for combining for 1 point last week.