Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I really want to love Noah. And I DO love a lot of Noah. But their addiction to making fiftysomethings the dominant force in the promotion continually stops me from being fully invested in the stuff they DO get right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I don't even mind the 50 somethings when it's Mochizuki or Sugiura or even Funaki who can still go. Sakuraba & Fujita are guys who aren't tremendous but also aren't at the top of the card, and do still have their moments. Whereas Mutoh can still have his moments but is also routinely in big matches & was the guy who toppled Go Shiozaki's all-timer title run (like seriously, it's up there with that 2003-05 Kobashi run for me).

But obviously the goal should be to ultimately use the old guys to put over either the current generation or the future. You just have to compare the booking of Dragon Gate; it's literally impossible to imagine NOAH doing something like that 10 man generational warfare match from Final Gate 2020. The RED team was a 29 year old, 25 year old, 23 year old, 21 year old & a 20 year old & they were against a Team Toruymon whose youngest member was the now retired Masato Yoshino at 40, and more to the point a whole team who were 20 year vets lost to a team featuring 2 guys in their debut year & Eita was the only one who'd been around for over 5 years. SB KENTo wasn't even born when 3 of the 5 Toryumon guys debuted in wrestling (& was only a few months old when Doi & Yoshino debuted) & he got the pin or submission over FOUR of those Dragon Gate legends. Kikuta, who'd been wrestling for about 6 months & 2 weeks when that matched happened got the other pin on Yoshino.

Meanwhile, Mutoh has a 2-0-1 record against Kaito Kiyomiya, who if we're honest isn't just the future ace but absolutely on a level with Sugiura, Go, Nakajima & Kenoh as the most important group of wrestlers on the roster right now. It's just loving bewildering & frustrating. OK, you don't need to do a clean generational swapover like DG have done, few promotions have the absolutely stacked group of talent under 26 they have right now. But something more than this would be nice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Want to remind everybody that Mutoh won a match against Kenoh where Kenoh literally set his kneepad on fire and smashed Mutoh in the face with it :lol:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Want to remind everybody that Mutoh won a match against Kenoh where Kenoh literally set his kneepad on fire and smashed Mutoh in the face with it :lol:

To be fair, that was against Muta rather than Mutoh, and I sort of keep the two personas separate because Muta is loving ace.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
god Nosawa is so sick.

He’s always booked this way, even on the Gurentai produce/Tokyo Carnival shows. His favorite thing to do is bring in a decrepit older wrestler and brutally have someone job to them. The only difference between then and now is that he can’t get Mil Mascaras and Dory Funk Jr into the country. Completely shortsighted booking and I wonder how long CyberAgent is wanting to do this “we want lapsed salarymen to watch the service” deal with mutoh and them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like unkillable old man Mutoh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

When does Kaito's contract come up? If I were him I'd push to be booked a lot stronger against folks like Mutoh. I'm reminded of when Tanahashi's contract came up just before the 2008 Champion Carnival, and he spent his time during contract negotiations entering the CC, dominating his block, losing to Suwama in an incredibly good final, and re-signing to NJPW with a pay rise and an ace push. I imagine that Kaito won't get that lucky, and we won't see him in any other tournaments any time soon, but he really should know his value by now and he shouldn't allow the top brass to gently caress him over at this point.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's tough to say as Japan still doesn't like people jumping between companies unless there's some visible business strife (Like with DG at the time Shingo jumped). But losing to Muta may be enough to allow him to jump with little pushback and i suspect even though DG and Bushiroad aren't looking to spend money due to Covid sized crowds I could see an exception being made for Kaito.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kaito got a year long reign as GHC Champion at 22 and is probably the next one and CyberAgent can outbid Bushiroad and DG. I don't see him jumping over two losses to one of the biggest stars in the history of the business, albeit one old enough to be his grandfather.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I wanted to like NOAH but it feels soo loving old compared to basically every other competitor.

DDT is filled with older guys and it manages to feel fresh and vibrant rather than stagnant like NOAH can get.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have watched a single DDT show and basically a guy cut a promo in the loading dock while his tag team partner, in a mask, smoked a cigarette and occasionally looked back at the promo.

Basically what I'm saying is I should watch more.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Minoru Suzuki vs Sanshiro Takagi in an Empty Arena Match is one of the best matches of its kind.

The spot with the random Muay Thai guy is comedy gold, especially for Suzuki shoving Takagi towards the Muay Thai fighter, and then tiptoeing past everyone, and then taking the time to turn around the sneer at Takagi because he's Minoru goddamn Suzuki.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't see Kaito moving out of NOAH, this is basically his dream job (all things considered) and I don't see him making any bid for better booking/pay to have any teeth, if he does. But I do think he deserves better!

It's also really telling that I like the wrestlers of NOAH a lot more than DDT's, but the latter is a much more enjoyable promotion to watch. What they've been doing with Uncle Jun should be the norm with booking old dudes with name recognition. (It also helps that Uncle Jun is still really good at wrestling, unlike Mutoh)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Minoru Suzuki vs Sanshiro Takagi in an Empty Arena Match is one of the best matches of its kind.

The spot with the random Muay Thai guy is comedy gold, especially for Suzuki shoving Takagi towards the Muay Thai fighter, and then tiptoeing past everyone, and then taking the time to turn around the sneer at Takagi because he's Minoru goddamn Suzuki.

Worth noting that they're doing another Tokyo Dome empty arena show. The atmosphere should only be marginally worse than the last NJPW show there

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Crossposting this here so the maximum amount of people see it before it inevitably gets removed for breaking TOS. Konosuke Takeshita is a ridiculous human being

SG Bamboo posted:

Tde didn't gif my favourite moment of the main event so I decided to clip it myself. Chris has Take in the Octopus, so Take just lifts him up and walks him to the corner to grab the ropes. Chris doesn't break, so Takeshita just climbs the ropes with Chris still on him because he ridiculously strong, before going for the Samoan drop which Chris twists in midair into a crucifix bomb. Just incredible.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I am going to hop on the Wrestle Universe wagon once the new site launches on Friday, and after I get through (re)watching all the Rojo matches what shows/matches should I watch from this year to quickly get up to speed with DDT and TJPW?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bushmeister posted:

I am going to hop on the Wrestle Universe wagon once the new site launches on Friday, and after I get through (re)watching all the Rojo matches what shows/matches should I watch from this year to quickly get up to speed with DDT and TJPW?

It's certainly harder for DDT, since their smaller titles change hands on shows where the KO-D Champ is busy doing other things. You can't got wrong with pretty much any Extreme Title matches since Shunma won it in February, even if i'm not recommending any of the shows they're on

For DDT i'd say
- Kawasaki Stong (Feb 14)
- Ultimate Tag League Finals (May 27)
- CyberFight Festival (June 6, contains DDT, TJPW, NOAH and GanPro)
- King of DDT Finals (July 4)
- Peter Pan (August 21)
- Who's Gonna TOP? (September 26)

For TJPW i'd say
- Januray 4th show
- Positive Chain (Feb 11)
- Change the Wind Direction (Mar 6)
- Still Incomplete (April 17)
- Yes! Wonderland (May 5)
- Princess Cup Finals (August 15)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CyberFight Festival in general is a very good show to give you a taster of what TJPW, DDT, Noah, and GanPro are about in 2021.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

As a potentially useful guide, the following were judged to be match of the year candidates for DDT and TJPW.

Jerusalem posted:

Matches of the Year:

01/04 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Maki Itoh - TJPW Korakuen 2021
01/04 | Yuka Sakazaki vs. Rika Tatsumi - TJPW Korakuen 2021

02/07 | Mecha Mummy vs. Hyper Misao - DDT Chris Brookes Produce Show 2
02/11 | 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs. NEO Biishiki-gun (Saki-sama and Mei Saint-Michel) - TJPW Positive Chain
02/11 | Kamiyu vs. Mirai Maiumi - TJPW Positive Chain
02/11 | Bakuretsu Sisters vs. Hyper Misao and Shin-Ultra Shoko HYPER ULTRA JUDGEMENT match - TJPW Positive Chain
02/11 | Rika Tatsumi vs Miu - TJPW Positive Chain
02/14 | Yuki Ueno vs. Yukio Sakaguchi - DDT Kawasaki Strong
02/28 | Shunma Katsumata vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch - DDT Into the Fight

03/06 | 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs. NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) - TJPW Change the Wind Direction
03/14 | Chris Brookes vs. Shunma Katsumata in a Barbed Wire Coffin Match - DDT Daydream Believer
03/28 | Jun Akiyama vs. Kazusada Higuchi - DDT Judgement

04/10 | ERUPTION (Higuchi & Sakaguchi) vs. SMILE PISSARI (Okabayashi & HARASHIMA) - DDT April Fool

05/04 | Hikari Noa vs. Kamiyu - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021
05/04 | Rika Tatsumi vs. Miyu Yamashita - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021

06/06 | Team DDT vs. Kongoh (NOAH) in a 12-Person Interpromotional Match - Cyberfight Festival 2021
06/06 | 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura - Cyberfight Festival 2021
06/06 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuka Sakazaki - CyberFight Festival 2021
06/06 | Jun Akiyama vs. HARASHIMA - CyberFight Festival 2021
06/10 | Konosuke Takeshita vs. Akito - King of DDT Night 1
06/17 | NEO Biishiki Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) - TJPW Additional Attack
06/26 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Sakisama - TJPW Stand Proud

07/01 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Maiumi Mirai in a UWF rules match - TJPW Inspiration
07/31 | Suzume vs. Maki Itoh - TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 5
07/31 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Mizuki - TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 5

08/14 | NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama, MSM & Yukio Saint-Laurent) vs. Antonio Honda, Pom Harajuku, and Rika Tatsumi - TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 6
08/14 | Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima - TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 6
08/14 | Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki - TJPW Princess Cup Night 6
08/21 | Atsushi Onita, Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, and Maki Itoh vs. Kuro-chan, Super Sasadango Machine, Tetsuhiro Kuroda and Hikari Noa in an Electric Current Explosion 8-Man Tag Deathmatch - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan
08/21 | Chris Brookes and Jun Kasai vs. Shunma Katsumata and MAO - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan
08/21 | DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao, and Yuji Hino) vs. Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, and Saki Akai) - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan
08/21 | Jun Akiyama vs. Konosuke Takeshita - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan

09/26 | Konosuke Takeshita vs. Chris Brookes - DDT Who's Gonna TOP?

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 27, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

that maki itoh vs miyu match was this year? god time is hosed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

that maki itoh vs miyu match was this year? god time is hosed.

Remember when Maki Itoh was kicked and then died it owns.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saw that yesterday's DDT show did 713 people, which as far as I can tell (by going through events on cagematch 1 by 1) is the third highest attended show at Korakuen this year, only behind Hana Kimura's Memorial Show and Dragon Gate's July 9th show (which are both listed at 714), so good on you Soup Boy and Chrissy B.

Would have taken the number 1 spot if Emi and Lulu weren't hanging out on the other side of the world

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

karmicknight posted:

Remember when Maki Itoh was kicked and then died it owns.

AAAAAAAAAAAA THE AV UPDATE AAAAAAAAAAAAA :derp::woop:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I'm a bit confused, are we supposed to sign up for the new Wrestle Universe on Oct 1? I don't see an option to sign up for it now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Power Windows posted:

I'm a bit confused, are we supposed to sign up for the new Wrestle Universe on Oct 1? I don't see an option to sign up for it now.

That's my understanding. No more charges on the old Wrestle Universe, we'll sign up for a single month after the first of the month at the new place and then we'll not pay again until Feb. I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's weird how Tatsuhito Takaiwa is stuck in Freedoms, which seems below his level. Are we really saying he couldn't add something to All Japan's Juniors? An real solid vet to work with those young guys

On the plus side, I pop whenever Minoru Fujita turns up & he's carrying the Gatoh Move Suoer Asia title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Power Windows posted:

sign ups start Oct1. That's when the new site URL goes live. Beyond that, idk but I'm sure it'll be all laid out on the new site when you sign up. It supposed to be fully englished iirc.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bracket released for Ganbare Climax, some of these matchups should be real entertaining

Ken Ohka vs Shota
- winner faces Tetsuhiro Kuroda
Keisuke Ishii vs Shinichiro Tominaga
Yumehito Imanari vs Baliyan Akki
Takaki Iwasaki vs Shimatani Tsunehiro
Shuichiro Katsumura vs Haruya Morohashi
Ryuichi Takaiwa vs Tadashi Maeguchi
- winner faces Mizuki Watase

https://twitter.com/ganpro0417/status/1443147723864035332

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The big beefy boys of Gachimuchi got a little beefy boy to join them

https://twitter.com/Hassy0924/status/1443158397784772613?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I need a GLEAT shirt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's that time of the week again. Honestly, if you don't watch New Japan this week is just N1 Finals, a standard DDT house shown, couple of Stardom house shows, a BJW house show, an All Japan house show, a DG Korakuen & that Freedoms show, which will at least have a couple bangers on it but probably won't be available to watch for a couple of weeks. A good week to put a dent into my backlog. Which has grown to over 40 shows now :(

2/10/2021, Saturday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 161
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Cherry vs Tokiko Kirihara
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Chie Koishikawa & Masahiro Takanishi
Chris Brookes vs Sayaka
Live on Youtube

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

Sendai Girls Keep Burning
Azalea Hall, Osaka
DASH Chisako vs Kanon
Chie Ozora vs Manami
Andras Miyagi & Hibiki vs Mika Iwata & Yurika Oka
Ami Miura & Haruka Umesaki vs Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

Stardom Road to Osaka
Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
AZM vs Waka Tsukiyama
Fukigen Death vs Lady C vs Momo Watanabe
COSMIC ANGELS (Mai Sakurai & Unagi Sayaka) vs Oedo Tai (Ruaka & Saki Kashima)
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka & Natsupoi) vs Oedo Tai (Konami & Starlight Kid)
Donna Del Mondo (Maika & Syuri) vs Queen's Quest (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Tam Nakano) vs Stars (Koguma & Mayu Iwatani)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

9pm JST/11pm AEDT/1pm BST/8am EST/5am PST

NJPW Strong Fighting Spirit Unleashed
Thunder Studio, Long Beach
Fred Yehi vs JR Kratos
Chris Dickinson vs Royce Isaacs
Strong Openweight Title: Tom Lawlor(c) vs Lio Rush
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Ice Ribbon & BJW

3/10/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 162
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles: Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga(c) vs Egg Tart (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno) vs Hoshitango & Masahiro Takanashi
Live on Youtube

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory 2021 Night 6
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Akitoshi Saito, Kendo Kashin & Manabu Soya vs Daiki Inaba, Kotaro Suzuki & Masa Kitamiya
N-1 Victory Semi-Final: Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh
N-1 Victory Semi-Final: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masakatsu Funaki
Atsushi Kotoge vs Eita
Daisuke Harada & Junta Miyawaki vs Stinger (HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)
M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)
N-1 Victory Final
Live on Wrestle Universe

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom Road to Osaka
Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
AZM vs Lady C vs Mai Sakurai
Utami Hayashishita vs Waka Tsukiyama
Fukigen Death vs Syuri
Oedo Tai (Ruaka & Saki Kashima) vs Queen's Quest (Momo Watanabe & Saya Kamitani)
Oedo Tai (Konami & Starlight Kid) vs Stars (Koguma & Mayu Iwatani)
Artist of Stardom Titles: Cosmic Angels (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka)(c) vs Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 9
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya
Kosei Fujita vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BUSHI vs Toru Yano
G1 Climax Block A: Great O Khan vs KENTA
G1 Climax Block A: Tanga Loa vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 Climax Block A: Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr
G1 Climax Block A: Kota Ibushi vs Shingo Takagi
Live on NJPW World

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

DDT Get Alive 2021 Tour In Yamagata
Big Wing, Yamagata
Antonio Honda vs Kazuki Hirata vs Yuki Ueno
Danshoku "Dandy" Dieno & Yuki "Sexy" Iino vs Gorgeous Matsuno & Soma Takao
Akito, Yuji Hino & Yuya Koroku vs Chris Brookes, Kazusada Higuchi & Keisuke Goto
Daisuke Sasaki & Toru Owashi vs Hideki Okatani & Yukio Naya
Junretsu (Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada) vs Keigo Nakamura & Tetsuya Endo
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO & Shunma Katsumata) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura) & Hiroshi Yamato
Live on Wrestle Universe (I think. There's no schedule on the website. So it might not be live. Guess we'll find out when the new WU site launches?)

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

Freedoms 12th Anniversary Show
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & Rekka vs Van Vert Jack, Van Vert Negro & Yuse Estrella
GENTARO, Kengo & Yuya Susumu vs Unchain (Kamui, Kenji Fukimoto & Rina Yamashita)
Hardcore Match: Dragon Libre vs Masashi Takeda
King of Freedom World Tag Team Titles: ERE (Takayuki Ueki & Toshiyuki Sakuda)(c) vs Mammoth Sasaki & Takahiro Katori
Dams Style Crazy 4 U Ultimate Item Bringing Death Match: Daisuke Masaoka & Toru Sugiura vs Jun Kasai & Takashi Sasaki
King of Freedom World Title: Violento Jack(c) vs Tomoya Hirata
SamuraiTV maybe? Not able to find confirmation

Also shows from 2AW, Diana, JTO & JWP

4/10/2021, Monday

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 10
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
G1 Climax Block B: Chase Owens vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
G1 Climax Block B: EVIL vs Tama Tonga
G1 Climax Block B: Jeff Cobb vs Taichi
G1 Climax Block B: Hirooki Goto vs YOSHI-HASHI
G1 Climax Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA
Live on NJPW World

5/10/2021, Tuesday

Big Japan October Series Opening Round
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kazumasa Yoshida vs Takuho Kato
Daiki Shimomura, Masato Kamino, Ryota Nakatsu & Takato Nakano vs Kazuki Hashimoto, Kota Sekifuda, Takaaki Sato & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Daichi Hashimoto, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Kazumi Kikuta vs Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuya Aoki
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)
TLLC Tag Deathmatch: Masaya Takahashi & Shunma Katsumata vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
G-Shock Tag Deathmatch: Akira Hyodo & Kankuro Hoshino vs Drew Parker & Yuki Ishikawa
Poison Needle Flourescent Lamp Death Match: Abdullah Kobayashi, Jaki Numazawa & Ryuji Ito vs Masashi Takeda, Takumi Tsukamoto & Toshiyuki Sakuda
Airs somewhere, sometime, maybe

Also Sendai Girls

6/10/2021, Wednesday

All Japan Anniversary Series
Shinkiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Rei Saito vs Yoshitatsu
Jun Saito vs Shotaro Ashino
Ryoma Tsukamoto vs Zeus
Black Mensore & Takao Omori vs Koji Iwamoto & Ryuki Honda
Atsuki Aoyagi & SUGI vs Purple Haze (Devil Murasaki & Izanagi)
Evolution (Dan Tamura & Suwama) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa)
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Total Eclipse (Hokuto Omori, Jake Lee & Yusuke Kodama)
Live on AJPW TV

7/10/2021, Thursday

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 11
Sun Plaza Hall, Hiroshima
El Desperado vs Ryohei Oiwa
Hiromu Takahashi vs KENTA
G1 Climax Block A: Kota Ibushi vs Tanga Loa
G1 Climax Block A: Yujiro Takahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr
G1 Climax Block A: Shingo Takagi vs Toru Yano
G1 Climax Block A: Great O Khan vs Tomohiro Ishii
Live on NJPW World

Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Diamante, Eita, Kaito Ishida & SB KENTo) in 5 unconfirmed singles matches
Live on DG Network

8/10/2021, Friday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EST/3am PST

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 12
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
El Desperado vs Kosei Fujita
G1 Climax Block B: Tama Tonga vs YOSHI-HASHI
G1 Climax Block B: Chase Owens vs Hirooki Goto
G1 Climax Block B: Jeff Cobb vs SANADA
G1 Climax Block B: EVIL vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
G1 Climax Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs Taichi
Live on NJPW World

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Samurai aren't showing that FREEDOMS show and frankly I don't blame them. It's a weak enough card that it's the first FREEDOMS Korakuen in over a year I'm not going to. It's a shame because it's cool Hirata is challenging but I'm not interested in the rest of the card and there's no way he's winning.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd watch pretty much any Sakuda & Ueki King of Freedom Tag match tbh

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does my DDT Universe subscription automatically end after this? Or do I have to go in and affirmatively cancel it?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Hellblazer187 posted:

Does my DDT Universe subscription automatically end after this? Or do I have to go in and affirmatively cancel it?

I believe it ends.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, if you pay via PayPal your subscription payment has already been cancelled

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In "posts barely worth making" news, watching the 10/9 AJPW & the opener with Jun Saito vs Ryoma Tsukamoto is the best Saito singles appearance so far imo. A solid *** effort, and a positive sign considering they only had their tryout 9 months ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So it's October 1st in Japan and... I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do about Wrestle Universe? They said my old account will not be available after the end of October and I will need to register for the new Wrestle Universe but... how do I do that? Is it just the same page/url as before and I just make a new account?

I love Wrestle Universe, it's great value, but despite their insistence I get this sorted out I really don't have a clue what I'm actually supposed to do.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

So it's October 1st in Japan and... I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do about Wrestle Universe? They said my old account will not be available after the end of October and I will need to register for the new Wrestle Universe but... how do I do that? Is it just the same page/url as before and I just make a new account?

I love Wrestle Universe, it's great value, but despite their insistence I get this sorted out I really don't have a clue what I'm actually supposed to do.

I did see on twitter that the new WU will be ready sometime in the afternoon Japan time.

We just gotta be patient I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Fortunately they've got time as the Masa Takanishi is on YouTube

https://twitter.com/gatohmove_jp/status/1443546652740964360?s=19

That's 7pm Japan so 11am UK IIRC, and 6am US East Coast