Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

re-name the loving ppv

Extreme sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Was tempted to do a joke "wait, there was a PPV last night?" post, but honestly there wasn't really.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tempted to do a joke “wait, there’s a Raw on tonight?” post, but honestly it feels disrespectful to the last hours of Big E’s world title reign

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

Tempted to do a joke “wait, there’s a Raw on tonight?” post, but honestly it feels disrespectful to the last hours of Big E’s world title reign

If the title did switch back to Lashley tonight, would anyone be surprised?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CobiWann posted:

No.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i went to bed after the charlotte alexa match and im glad i did cause that main event sounded terrible. it was pretty hard to watch what i did coming off of being at dynamite a few days before.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Saudi's coming up, time for Brock and Goldberg's bi-annual title wins. Can't have Goldberg do it against a face

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Last night I had a dream that Big E walked into AEW with the WWE title and I would like to curse my brain for coming up with something way cooler than life will ever deliver

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Rarity posted:

Last night I had a dream that Big E walked into AEW with the WWE title and I would like to curse my brain for coming up with something way cooler than life will ever deliver
I wondered if it would be even cooler if he just showed up and abandoned it like Benoit jumping from WCW. WWE these days would just entirely no-sell it and Lashley would walk out with it. So yeah, carry it over Big E.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A friend of mine had an extra ticket to Extreme Rules and invited me. I couldn't make it and felt kind of bad, thinking that maybe I was missing out on a good time.

I'm afraid to text him and ask what he thought of the show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

THANK YOU LILY

clapclap clapclapclap

Also, Pat is really starting to sound like Matt Striker to me. In a couple of those streamable links, I legit thought Striker was back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alexa should consider getting slightly taller pants so she's not constantly pulling them back up

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

A friend of mine had an extra ticket to Extreme Rules and invited me. I couldn't make it and felt kind of bad, thinking that maybe I was missing out on a good time.

I'm afraid to text him and ask what he thought of the show.

it was bad

also, maybe vince mcmahon is actually a cat and just loves laser pointers so he's trying to share the mysterious dancing red light with all of us.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Ganso Bomb posted:

THANK YOU LILY

clapclap clapclapclap

Also, Pat is really starting to sound like Matt Striker to me. In a couple of those streamable links, I legit thought Striker was back.
He didn't start out like this, but neither did Corey Graves. Everyone is eventually broken down by Vince screaming in their ears for hours a week. I remember loving Percy Watson in FCW. Super charismatic and naturally funny. Then they put him on commentary and he was turrble

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

They're not. This is pure distilled sports entertainment

:wrong:

DDT just ran Who's Gonna Top? which was Sports Entertainment as gently caress (it had an anime crossover match and Yoshihiko and everything) that was good.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

why let 2k make your games now

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

karmicknight posted:

:wrong:

DDT just ran Who's Gonna Top? which was Sports Entertainment as gently caress (it had an anime crossover match and Yoshihiko and everything) that was good.

Nobody cares about a doll in wrestling when you do it right.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

LJN was just the publisher, the only thing they made was a bunch of money when people bought their lovely licensed games. The actual games were made by various companies such as Sculptured Software and Rare, generally with stupid deadlines and low budgets. Occasionally, one of these contracted studios managed to put out a decent game, which is how we got stuff like Maximum Carnage by Software Creations.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 27, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I feel like I never learn my lesson. I always think the worst thing WWE can do is "Person who should win ends up losing", then you got ppv title match run-in DQs and demons being slain by whoopsie-daisies. I wanna live in the timeline where Kenny's exploding ring worked and this top rope spot failed.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

Alexa should consider getting slightly taller pants so she's not constantly pulling them back up

I disagree, respectfully

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Imagine being the crew member that had to lay under the ring, waiting to pull the release on the turnbuckle mount so Finn could get hit in the nuts

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DMorbid posted:

LJN was just the publisher, the only thing they made was a bunch of money when people bought their lovely licensed games. The actual games were made by various companies such as Sculptured Software and Rare, generally with stupid deadlines and low budgets. Occasionally, one of these contracted studios managed to put out a decent game, which is how we got stuff like Maximum Carnage by Software Creations.

Wasn't the whole deal with LJN is that Acclaim bought them to basically use them as a shell company (at least as far as video games went, I know they also made toys) to get around Nintendo's rules about how many games a single publisher could put out per year?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sigma posted:

Imagine being the crew member that had to lay under the ring, waiting to pull the release on the turnbuckle mount so Finn could get hit in the nuts

Ok what now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't the whole deal with LJN is that Acclaim bought them to basically use them as a shell company (at least as far as video games went, I know they also made toys) to get around Nintendo's rules about how many games a single publisher could put out per year?
Yeah, pretty much. LJN's output was entirely licensed properties, too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't watch the clips on my computer and don't care enough to look up the actual results anymore so since no one posts the recaps of the shows on here anymore I mostly learn what happens through like piecemeal or osmosis. Frankly it makes everything entertaining in a chaotic way

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

Actually my favourite part is now Finn flopping his arms like a loving Magikarp.

FLOOR FLOP ME FINN

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I do have to give credit for one thing. They're doing a women's triple threat feud without Charlotte being in it.

Side note, is the curse on Alexa cured yet? She broke The Fiend mind control, the doll is destroyed, she's good now right?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if I were forced to wrestle in the Fed I'd just do a character that appealed to Vince and Vince only, like, idk, The poo poo Man, a character that lives in poo poo, farts all the time, goes into a rage when anyone sneezes, and wins matches by stuffing poo poo-filled underpants in their opponents' faces, and Vince would be forced to give me work no matter what, because (a) it'd be Sports Entertainment as gently caress (b) Vince isn't going to bury a guy that's exactly like him

...then again, it wouldn't get over with anyone besides Vince, and I'd be shitcanned within three months

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Venomous posted:

if I were forced to wrestle in the Fed I'd just do a character that appealed to Vince and Vince only, like, idk, The poo poo Man, a character that lives in poo poo, farts all the time, goes into a rage when anyone sneezes, and wins matches by stuffing poo poo-filled underpants in their opponents' faces, and Vince would be forced to give me work no matter what, because (a) it'd be Sports Entertainment as gently caress (b) Vince isn't going to bury a guy that's exactly like him

...then again, it wouldn't get over with anyone besides Vince, and I'd be shitcanned within three months

Butt The Shitman Fart

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hefty Leftist posted:

Butt The Shitman Fart

Wins every match with his devastating hold the Shartshooter

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hefty Leftist posted:

Butt The Shitman Fart

The Pink & Brown Attack

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Excellence of Excretion

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
this miscarriage of justice wouldn't have happened to The Demon if everyone had just listened to Bill Watts

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Can't wait for the Montreal Poojob

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

meltzer is reporting that hhh was down at the performance center quite concerned. worried about the talent getting in, worried about talent getting out. says to hbk, 'i need one of those things like those ancient castles have, with the water and alligator". hbk turns to him and says, bill demott

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's got the coolest submission of all time - the Shartpooper

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

hbk nodding smugly at "You Screwed Butt"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Venomous posted:

It wouldn't get over with Vince, either, because this is entirely based on a belief that he has any self-awareness at all.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

COULD IT BE??? OH MYYYY

IT'S THE SHITMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That DICK! posted:

meltzer is reporting that hhh was down at the performance center quite concerned. worried about the talent getting in, worried about talent getting out. says to hbk, 'i need one of those things like those ancient castles have, with the water and alligator". hbk turns to him and says, bill demott
lmao