Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

i kind of prefer to say that they're people who openly glorify doing violence, especially to basically anyone who would post here. you can consider them human, but they won't return the favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

RFC2324 posted:

please log off until you sober up. you arent even making sense at this point

how hard is this?

the comic was offered as an example of a time when someone shouting at them didn't convince them that the shouter was crazy.

in the comic, the person being shouted at is Hilter.

so if this is an example of a time someone shouted at them and they didn't think the person was crazy, then they would, in the example they provided, be the "hilter."

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Why's it so difficult to comprehend that there were those in CSPAM perfectly complicit with the shooter's unhinged posting, including a mod; and that alone is a bad thing without having to be the direct root cause of them deciding to take a gun into some street violence?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

how hard is this?

the comic was offered as an example of a time when someone shouting at them didn't convince them that the shouter was crazy.

in the comic, the person being shouted at is Hilter.

so if this is an example of a time someone shouted at them and they didn't think the person was crazy, then they would, in the example they provided, be the "hilter."

as someone who does not give a poo poo about this and just wants to read about a hypothetical third rotted meat guy: please, please take the L. for the thread's sake.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I don't like rotted meat, sorry

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Why's it so difficult to comprehend that there were those in CSPAM perfectly complicit with the shooter's unhinged posting, including a mod; and that alone is a bad thing without having to be the direct root cause of them deciding to take a gun into some street violence?

because they are terrified their beloved posting hole will be deleted because of this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Cause it's very hard for goons, who love to argue, to say:idgaf I'm lolling

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sidestep posted:

I am from the area.

Met the kid once or twice.

He wasn't radicalized by CSPAM. He was radicalized by being shot at by Proud Boys last fall. He was radicalized by having the poo poo kicked out of him several times by police and Proud boys (while police watched).

CSPAM probably wasn't good for his mental health, but it didn't cause this. Any argument in that vein is ludicrous.

(To be clear I am adding perspective. It was a bad call to shoot across a crowd and into traffic.)

The Proud Boys had been exceptionally violent that day, including assaulting several femmes. Several folks are still dealing with injuries from that day.

Thanks for the condescension but you do get that many of us are that "kid"'s age and that places other than where you are from have the same poo poo, right? I've gotten beaten by fash and hosed up by cops, at this "kid"'s age, armed, and never shot into randos. It wasn't fuckin hard, and I'm not in fact a child.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Freudian posted:

as someone who does not give a poo poo about this and just wants to read about a hypothetical third rotted meat guy: please, please take the L. for the thread's sake.

i can do this much, but i'm afraid i don't have the power to move the thread off the topic of the unfolding saga and back to historical sagas.

e: i'm not sure if even c-spam really wants this much attention. i'd like to save the marxism thread. the ufo thread is fun even if the actual news is basically a series of ripe wet farts at this point.

Hodgepodge has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Sep 28, 2021

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I hate CSPAM but I feel like if we delete it the terrorists win.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

StratGoatCom posted:

Appaarently the shooter was a health insurance adjuster, big taintrunner energy lmao.

why use a gun when you have access to the deadliest weapon of all: the us healthcare system?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sidestep posted:

I am from the area.

Met the kid once or twice.

He wasn't radicalized by CSPAM. He was radicalized by being shot at by Proud Boys last fall. He was radicalized by having the poo poo kicked out of him several times by police and Proud boys (while police watched).

CSPAM probably wasn't good for his mental health, but it didn't cause this. Any argument in that vein is ludicrous.

(To be clear I am adding perspective. It was a bad call to shoot across a crowd and into traffic.)

The Proud Boys had been exceptionally violent that day, including assaulting several femmes. Several folks are still dealing with injuries from that day.

cool, now do one for Kyle Rittenhouse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i have never been more let down by goons

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Thanks for the condescension but you do get that many of us are that "kid"'s age and that places other than where you are from have the same poo poo, right? I've gotten beaten by fash and hosed up by cops, at this "kid"'s age, armed, and never shot into randos. It wasn't fuckin hard, and I'm not in fact a child.

Wasn't intended as condescension, if it read that way I do apologize. Local slang, rather than any indicator of actual age.

You will also note I did say it was a bad call.

Not defending what he did, merely providing more perspective on why he made that choice.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

elise the great posted:

Not to get all weird but like. I’m not totally unknown on the forums, and I’m literally a black bloc antifa medic from the anarchist jurisdiction. Antifascism is a set of values that I think most people around here hold, and antifa action is anything you do to uphold those values, whether it’s community volunteering, political activism, helping your neighbor instead of calling the cops, or— in my case— providing eye washes and first aid to people assaulted by police and right-wing extremists for protesting.

Last year, the Proud Boys shot into a group of medics in Olympia. They didn’t kill anyone, but they did hit breadnsucc. Charges were filed, although everyone knew that PBs can get away with anything in Oly— this is why the PBs , especially Tiny Toese, like to “hunt” in Oly and why medics and counterprotesters oppose them, to keep them out of racialized neighborhoods and reduce the chances of a lynching etc.

To my understanding, breadnsucc wiped his history and posts because the charges finally came to judicial attention and he feared that his posts would be used to discount the severity of the PBs’ actions (firing into a crowd of medics). It turned out that even without his posts, the PBs can get away with anything in Oly. All charges were dropped.

It wasn’t for several more weeks that the shooting clash happened, and by then, the PBs— emboldened partly by their Oly victory— were ready to get away with more. Obviously the story is garbled, but the things I’m fairly confident in the details of are as follows:

—The PBs cornered an independent journalist and dragged them by their hair, apparently intending grave harm
—The group that attempted to intervene included breadnsucc, who apparently shot Tiny in the leg.

I don’t know breadnsucc personally at all. I do know that if someone fired at my team, shot me, and walked, and then I saw them dragging another team member by their hair and brandishing guns, I probably wouldn’t have aimed for their knees.

werent you poster #1 lining up to justify the execution of black teens in CHAZ?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I hate CSPAM but I feel like if we delete it the terrorists win.

drat counterstrike ruins everything

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sidestep posted:

Wasn't intended as condescension, if it read that way I do apologize. Local slang, rather than any indicator of actual age.

You will also note I did say it was a bad call.

Not defending what he did, merely providing more perspective on why he made that choice.

Explaining how something works is endorsing it, after all. :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pog boyfriend posted:

i once played destiny2 with a goon that was either so high or stupid that it took him a few tries to click on the right activity and only noticed he clicked on the right one a few minutes into loading into the activity when I asked "why are we doing PVP, I wanted to do the dungeon" and then he would answer back a few minutes later and go "oh yeah whoops hold on let's get more people." Then in the actual dungeon he proceeded to walk off more cliffs than wile e coyote while a 3rd goon and I ran the dungeon by ourselves as the high dude kept asking us to wait up while he figured out where we were.

not at the same level but that's my goon letdown story.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The inevitable “delete CSPAM” thread in QCS should be a barrel of laughs.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

The inevitable “delete CSPAM” thread in QCS should be a barrel of laughs.

there already is one and it has like 40 pages

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lol I tuned out of the thread just after vtuber saga and boy oh boy did the forum once again step on the gas

has anything good ever come of cspam

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Let's see how the QCS thread is g-

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Honestly I don't even get the point of cspam now that Biden is president. It's been almost a year now how many victory laps do you guys need
:eyepop:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

yeah, a goon got arrested for shooting a guy named Toes in the foot, and then posting about how cool that was on his parachute

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arivia posted:

That’s a lol

VROOM VROOM posted:

Edit: better than I expected.

:horsedrugs:

Frank Frank has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Sep 29, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

VROOM VROOM posted:

That is some great bait. Just outstanding quality.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

VROOM VROOM posted:

It's a magnificent bait post and so many people bit it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

alf_pogs posted:

The goon fund is a great thing, but yeah other than that, can't say much has been very positive. And that is from someone who used to post there.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arivia posted:

didn't take long for it to be an "ACTUALLY DELETE TFR BECAUSE PUCKINS AND ALSO CYRANO" thread as well lol

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

lmao at waking up to this and thinking 'this is funny, but i gotta fight people in qcs about saving/closing cspam'

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

Remarkably low goonbrain games thread. Don't get between them and disco elysium tho

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kazinsal posted:

don't forget genocide explainer!

genocide explainer is back posting on his main account like nothing happened so I guess that problem did also not solve itself

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

October is coming up, have any goons ever been menaced by a classic horror monster such the wolfman, the mummy, or Dracula? Have there ever been any goon projects to spit in the eye of God and make a Frankenstein monster? Any goon ever try to do something simple like solve a rubix cube but then accidentally cause the events of Hellraiser to happen to them through sheer bumbling incompetence?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Slanderer posted:

werent you poster #1 lining up to justify the execution of black teens in CHAZ?

Nah I was poster #1 about everything that was being reported from the ground, which at first was "holy poo poo two of the YTB kids tried a drive-by and got shot, one of them was killed." Then as more stuff came to light I went "oh poo poo turns out the shots fired weren't from that vehicle and the person that shot them wasn't under guidance by CHOP security," followed by "wow hey this is an absolute horrorshow and not something I can post about on Something Awful Forums without drawing some unwanted attention to said forums."

Fuckin sucks that the kid died. Also sucks that Lorenzo died. I don't consider either of them any kind of acceptable price. I do know that even when everyone thought that the kids in the car were trying to kill them, the medics still rushed right in and tried to save their lives, successfully in one case. We really don't want people to die.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

genocide explainer is back posting on his main account like nothing happened so I guess that problem did also not solve itself

g*d bless these stupid loving comedy forums

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

my apologies

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Flying Zamboni posted:

October is coming up, have any goons ever been menaced by a classic horror monster such the wolfman, the mummy, or Dracula? Have there ever been any goon projects to spit in the eye of God and make a Frankenstein monster? Any goon ever try to do something simple like solve a rubix cube but then accidentally cause the events of Hellraiser to happen to them through sheer bumbling incompetence?

when i assembled my pc i accidentally cut my finger. it didnt bleed but the scratch hurt pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Stexils posted:

when i assembled my pc i accidentally cut my finger. it didnt bleed but the scratch hurt pretty bad.

The blood seal is a requirement for all computers to function properly. Computers that misbehave were made without injury and are thus not bound to the will of the one who bled for its life.