Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't believe we're going to need a new saga thread already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Man we're just churning through these things.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Accelerationism comes through again

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So far, and this is all from what's being posted in the QCS thread and general chat

- the shooter posted extensively in the cspam mental health thread, blanked all their posts recently in august
- posted extensive in the coolzone, and was so unhinged and angry people thought he was a cop trying to bait people into violence
- people who complained were repeatedly dismissed by the mods (Crusty Nutshack?)
- posted extensively about how angry he was at his ex wife in E/N

also this is apparently him Koala's Marching his own shooting

from one of the threads now moved to the mod forum/hidden.

and currently an alarming number of people rushing to defend him using the exact same rhetoric the alt-right uses to defend it's shooters.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Sep 29, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Flying Zamboni posted:

October is coming up, have any goons ever been menaced by a classic horror monster such the wolfman, the mummy, or Dracula? Have there ever been any goon projects to spit in the eye of God and make a Frankenstein monster? Any goon ever try to do something simple like solve a rubix cube but then accidentally cause the events of Hellraiser to happen to them through sheer bumbling incompetence?

A werewolf movie where a goon is attacked by a werewolf and makes an E/N thread about it and then ignores all the advice causing him to turn into a werewolf and be killed

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey Andy remember when your grandfather called you fat and you cried about it and then posted about how you cried under your own name on a bodybuilding forum?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

pentyne posted:

So far, and this is all from what's being posted in the QCS thread and general chat

- the shooter posted extensively in the cspam mental health thread, blanked all their posts recently in august
- posted extensive in the coolzone, and was so unhinged and angry people thought he was a cop trying to bait people into violence
- posted extensively about how angry he was at his ex wife in E/N

also this is apparently him Koala's Marching his own shooting

from one of the threads now moved to the mod forum/hidden.

and currently an alarming number of people rushing to defend him using the exact same rhetoric the alt-right uses to defend it's shooters.

For a moment I thought you were saying he was qnqnx.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

A werewolf movie where a goon is attacked by a werewolf and makes an E/N thread about it and then ignores all the advice causing him to turn into a werewolf and be killed

death by drowning in piss

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Flying Zamboni posted:

October is coming up, have any goons ever been menaced by a classic horror monster such the wolfman, the mummy, or Dracula? Have there ever been any goon projects to spit in the eye of God and make a Frankenstein monster? Any goon ever try to do something simple like solve a rubix cube but then accidentally cause the events of Hellraiser to happen to them through sheer bumbling incompetence?

I am a Dracula. I'm so sorry.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

God that guy looks like an unbelievable wiener. Don’t wear skinny jeans to the street battle if you skip leg day. Also don’t do a Bernard Goetz.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i find it unreasonably funny whenever "dracula" is used as a proper noun

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s funnier as a common noun. “I hope I don’t run into any draculas,” for example.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Oxxidation posted:

i find it unreasonably funny whenever "dracula" is used as a proper noun
Ugh, way to dehumanize the community, guys!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I’m tempted to make a side thread for this particular one and just close that after a few days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m tempted to make a side thread for this particular one and just close that after a few days.
That's probably a good idea.

We can memoryhole it like the Chessex Dice thread

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

don't, poo poo will pass and there's no reason to separate stuff out just because it's the hot thing right now

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Flying Zamboni posted:

Manos The Hands of Fate restoration is some absolutely positive vibe goon saga stuff.

the horror movie thread had a character that would talk about his penis and refer to it as his "horror hog" all the time too but that was less feel-good

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its the whole point of this thread, though??

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This thread will just turn into a side chat thread for that one.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Varinn posted:

its the whole point of this thread, though??
Probably not when it becomes actual legal poo poo.

Unless it's Lowtax going to jail for gourmet cookie fraud or something.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I mean, a side thread would still be the sagas thread. Really I’m just busy at work tonight and it would make it easier to keep an eye on, it’s not something I’m actually going to do.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

honestly it's nice to have a saga that didn't end or involve sex crime. well, night's still young i suppose.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Probably not when it becomes actual legal poo poo.

Unless it's Lowtax going to jail for gourmet cookie fraud or something.

people keep saying this is a legal matter but I think they're wildly overestimating things. the whole crime is on video, nobody died, the legal aspect of this seems pretty cut and dry. nobody is going to give a poo poo about something awful outside of "wow he made some troubling posts". even andy ngo makes cspam look sane by saying he got banned from it for being Too Radical, because nobody understands what a toxx is

there's not gonna be a "is this site fomenting terrorism???" angle on this outside of qcs, really

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I mean, a side thread would still be the sagas thread. Really I’m just busy at work tonight and it would make it easier to keep an eye on, it’s not something I’m actually going to do.

don't you have a dedicated IK for this thread? if any thread in PYF could use it, its this one

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Honestly I think it'll just die out on its own until the trial starts or whatever - then you might want to. There really isn't a ton to discuss there aside from weird gun violence debates that don't belong here.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

don't you have a dedicated IK for this thread? if any thread in PYF could use it, its this one

Nope, HelloIAmYourHeart is a forum wide IK. I just usually love this thread so I’m usually F5ing it when good poo poo is going on, the timing on this saga just sucks.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Frank Frank posted:

Honestly I think it'll just die out on its own until the trial starts or whatever - then you might want to. There really isn't a ton to discuss there aside from weird gun violence debates that don't belong here.

by this logic there should be no posts in thread thread other than "a saga happened, here is a link"

and this may be one of the least hostile and weird gun violence debates I have seen, tbh

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

The admins are letting all those posters saying "the goon who wildly shot into the crowd did nothing wrong" post with no consequences because they're letting this serve as a honeypot to gather all the worst posters in one place, right?

Upgrade has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Sep 29, 2021

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
If it was gathering relevant or interesting posts/information about the situation it wouldn't be as annoying but this thread becoming an identical slapfest to the one in QCS is dumb. Its like 1 post of interesting info for every 60 posts of pointless argument

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Upgrade posted:

The admins are letting all those posters saying "the goon who wildly shot into the crowd did nothing wrong" post with no consequences because they're letting this serve as a honeypot to gather all the worst posters in one place, right?

the admins dont want to get shot

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bismuth posted:

If it was gathering relevant or interesting posts/information about the situation it wouldn't be as annoying but this thread becoming an identical slapfest to the one in QCS is dumb. Its like 1 post of interesting info for every 60 posts of pointless argument

so about the same posting ratio as the rest of the forums?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

RFC2324 posted:

by this logic there should be no posts in thread thread other than "a saga happened, here is a link"

and this may be one of the least hostile and weird gun violence debates I have seen, tbh

I dunno. I've got no dog in this fight either way aside from "hey let's not advocate shooting people with guns please" so whatever works for the thread that doesn't turn it into an eternal shitfest is fine by me (turn on you monitor).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
at least they've memory holed all the threads he posted in, that's something I guess

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Frank Frank posted:

I dunno. I've got no dog in this fight either way aside from "hey let's not advocate shooting people with guns please" so whatever works for the thread that doesn't turn it into an eternal shitfest is fine by me (turn on you monitor).

I think the eternal shitfest is why we have to lock and start a new one anytime there is a big storm. clean breaks are important.

As far as dogs in the fight, I avoid cspam, and put it in the same mental category as fyad, so I am finding this entertaining :munch:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

RFC2324 posted:

so about the same posting ratio as the rest of the forums?

Hey, most of the threads I read have way better ratios of content to slapfights, this one is on the bad end of the spectrum but even so its usually better than this

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The difference between us and QCS for current-drama slapfights is that we're funny about it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kazinsal posted:

The difference between us and QCS for current-drama slapfights is that we're funny about it

I have to admit, there have been quite a few great bait posts this evening.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

RFC2324 posted:

I think the eternal shitfest is why we have to lock and start a new one anytime there is a big storm. clean breaks are important.

As far as dogs in the fight, I avoid cspam, and put it in the same mental category as fyad, so I am finding this entertaining :munch:

I like reading FYAD but I only post there if I have something particularly funny to contribute - so like, almost never. CSPAM is just tedious.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im sure if i had a shot for each poster in the qcs thread who had rapsheet entries for uighur genocide denialism i might end up with permanent liver damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

im sure if i had a shot for each poster in the qcs thread who had rapsheet entries for uighur genocide denialism i might end up with permanent liver damage

Wow remembering things in this way is very troubling and even, dare I say, sinophobic?