Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am 100% into the idea of WC getting Solomon's key as a sort of last-minute field goal by the good guys to keep this whole fight from being a complete shut-out. It'd also explain quite handily why she didn't get absolutely obliterated the way Allison and Cio think she did, and give the three of them a way to escape before Jagg squishes them the way he did Mottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

YaketySass posted:

The Secret Name of God is just "Glory-Flame"?

The secret name of God is "I". :ssh:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Joe Slowboat posted:

because that's Allison's role ("Everyone dies. Get over it.")

Huh, she really did get over it, didn't she? Good call Allison.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

How did I forget someone had done the same photoshop a page or two ago, madness

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 28, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

MikeJF posted:

The secret name of God is "I". :ssh:

clearly Jehova starts with...

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Thinking of it Gog is unique among the six opposite Jagganoth in that she's the only one who wasn't badly owned prior to the fight. Even outside of her biology her "I'll be fine" moment is also about her confidance that her way of life can't be threatened and her outlook is the correct one.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

YaketySass posted:

Thinking of it Gog is unique among the six opposite Jagganoth in that she's the only one who wasn't badly owned prior to the fight. Even outside of her biology her "I'll be fine" moment is also about her confidance that her way of life can't be threatened and her outlook is the correct one.

yeah it does seem like the easiest way to kill gog would be to just ignore her and destroy the universe

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Jagganoth needs either Allison's key, or all seven OTHER keys to reach and kill Metatron, right?

How the hell is he even gonna kill Gog-Agog

Unless the additional keys allow him to destroy entire universes, how is he ever going to catch up to something so wide-spread and explosively-growing

He must have had SOME idea, if he knows for sure he needs either Allison's key or all seven others...

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Didn't Zoss almost kill then spare Metatron before even making any Keys?

I mean, what can Metatron/other prime angels really do these days, he doesn't look great tbh.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It's a very open question what Jagganoth can do with these keys, but he's doubled and now trebled the quantity of Divine Name he's mainlining.

So maybe he doesn't need all of them, he just needs enough.

And of course Zoss did it all without any kind of key; all the original Demiurges rode the lightning without one. So it's not just about having Keys to have power.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Not knowing the update schedule is killing me

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre shortcuts to power but they arent power in and of themselves. Its like cosmic magic roids. You still need to work out.

Actually thinking about it its not really stated why the keys are important beside allowing for easy world travel and some unstated power boost. But someone already on the level of jaggs presumably doesnt need them.

So possibly the keys are just a benny from killing some of the only people with a chance to stop him?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

you don't need the keys to creation to destroy the wheel

but they help ;)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

eke out posted:

you don't need the keys to creation to destroy the wheel

but they help ;)

Herzog: They did not help.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TwoQuestions posted:

I mean, what can Metatron/other prime angels really do these days, he doesn't look great tbh.

it's entirely unclear what actually happened when Zoss met Metatron, which is awesome

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TwoQuestions posted:

Metatron made Jagganoth invincible.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Not knowing the update schedule is killing me

At least two pages every Friday. Recently it had been three pages per update because of the novel ability to work with a more flexible weekly schedule.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

Unless the additional keys allow him to destroy entire universes, how is he ever going to catch up to something so wide-spread and explosively-growing

You don't have to kill all the worms, you just have to get the one with the key... maybe. I don't really know how you share superpowers across a hivemind.

...but even if that's not an option, honestly Gog's too vain and attention-seeking to stay hidden like they should. Gog's gonna be the one who will end up taking Gog down, even if Jagganoth's the one swinging the sword.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 29, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

When White Chain was first interrogating Allison she warned her "I know of the fourth syllable of Royalty."

So no, White Chain does not actually possess a syllable of Royalty but even having a glimmering of understanding of it is apparently super impressive and badass feat to try to intimidate someone with.

(Interestingly, the fourth syllable does appear to be Diamond, i.e. Salami Dave's syllable.)

poo poo, I just realized, we could have been calling him Diamond Dave the whole time

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

TwoPair posted:

Gog's gonna be the one who will end up taking Gog down, even if Jagganoth's the one swinging the sword.

Perhaps the same could be said of all Demiurges...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

oobey posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of all Demiurges...
But enough talk! Have at you!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Torquemadras posted:

Jagganoth needs either Allison's key, or all seven OTHER keys to reach and kill Metatron, right?

He must have had SOME idea, if he knows for sure he needs either Allison's key or all seven others...

I'm sure he has a plan for Gog

I think Jagganoth thinks the seven keys combined (so, the 777,777 combined) equal the power of the master key. If that is what he believes, I think he's wrong.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What actually happened in Mottom's final moments - she remembered what's important.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I liked how Jagg looked kind of nauseous in the first reaction panel after that PERISH. It didn't do much, but it did something.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
She perished his intestinal biome, he's going to be turbofucked in a few weeks!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

What do Jagganoth's loving meals look like

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ThaumPenguin posted:

I bet he absolutely murders peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

packetmantis posted:

She perished his intestinal biome, he's going to be turbofucked in a few weeks!

His farts will smell like roses for a while, though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThaumPenguin posted:

Later on tonight a lovely dragon stew

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
His cult among the Belligerent Knights started with them sharing and discussing his meal plan.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

ConfusedUs posted:

I bet he absolutely murders peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
SUPREME DIVINE ART
Jelly-Sated Sandwich Soul

80,000 PBJs Are Eaten At Once
Leaving No Space That Is Not Jif
Sandwiches Shall Be Split In Two (diagonally)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ditch posted:

SUPREME DIVINE ART

:tipshat:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ditch posted:

SUPREME DIVINE ART

:perfect:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ditch posted:

SUPREME DIVINE ART

Chunky or smooth?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Start with solid peanuts, achieve silky smooth butter through violence.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Ditch posted:

SUPREME DIVINE ART

lol

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I liked how Jagg looked kind of nauseous in the first reaction panel after that PERISH. It didn't do much, but it did something.

Jagganoth is explicitly supposed to be feeling the pain of all these hits, he's just physically invulnerable. He ate a sorcerous blast from the witch queen of 1/7th of the cosmos full on and it clearly hurt like poo poo.

Also, he's clearly intentionally tanking all these hits because it fits his world view. Existence is agony and he's the only one with the Will to face up to that and do whatever it takes to end it. Like he could try to dodge, or just run and smash her before she got a shot off, but that wouldn't feed his persecution complex as much as walking straight through her best shot and going I AM INEVITABLE

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Really top-tier A++ death from Mottom actually. Hit 'em with your best Death Curse despite knowing it's futile, call 'em a poo poo peasant, then leave 'em with the old "joke's on you you fuckin dweeb I didn't even like being alive anyway"

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also appreciate how her halo remained the most complete ever since we've seen her. Contrast with how it wavered when Allison called her out at the end of Book 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Magnus Manfist posted:

Really top-tier A++ death from Mottom actually. Hit 'em with your best Death Curse despite knowing it's futile, call 'em a poo poo peasant, then leave 'em with the old "joke's on you you fuckin dweeb I didn't even like being alive anyway"

All of those felt incredibly lame imo, fitting of her shallow values

It's not a dunk after you lose in an incredibly one-sided fight and promptly get turned into paste, it's just sad

Intense victory wine energy