Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
NFL Bingo for charity is back, y'all. Donate to a highly-rated cause and you could win a pizza dinner

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980578

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Someone in one of my public leagues traded Lamb and Najee for Tyreek Hill. Then the guy getting Hill said he didn’t see that Najee was part of the deal. Which means he genuinely thought someone was just trading him Hill for Lamb straight up lol.

Also, offered someone Jamar Chase for Edmunds, hoping they accept. And thinking of offering DJ Moore for Chris Carson in another league which seems fair to me.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

dkj posted:

Someone in one of my public leagues traded Lamb and Najee for Tyreek Hill. Then the guy getting Hill said he didn’t see that Najee was part of the deal. Which means he genuinely thought someone was just trading him Hill for Lamb straight up lol.

Also, offered someone Jamar Chase for Edmunds, hoping they accept. And thinking of offering DJ Moore for Chris Carson in another league which seems fair to me.

I have like zero sympathy for those people who bitch about bad trades after they’ve made them, especially ones with outlandish excuses. “Oh I was trying to hit Decline and sneezed and happen to hit Accept and then Confirm and then Confirm again. I also didn’t realize I sneezed and hit Accept until several hours later.”

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

The key to never making a bad trade is being dumber than everyone else and just assuming any trade offered is a scam.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Someone in my league a few years ago did an add/drop for and wasn’t paying attention. Forget the player but it was a stud with a common last name. So they thought they were getting like Julio Jones and instead got another Atlanta player J. Jones who was a 3rd string CB or something. He dropped a good player who immediately got snapped up. Wanted to undo it but everyone said LOL no, dumbshit

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any decent commish would reverse something as egregious as that.

If something is an obvious accident and you can reverse it without negatively impacting anyone you should absolutely reverse it.

Edit: Talking about the accidental add/drop, not the trade.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 29, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Any decent commish would reverse something as egregious as that.

Honest mistakes are one thing but in my league if you’re lazy and don’t do any homework you’re not getting sympathy

Hmmm it’s week 4 is the league WR1 J Jones available? Oh sweet!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I couldn’t think of any mistake more honest than that. Dude probably saw him and there and made sure he mashed the add/drop through ASAP thinking if he hesitated for a second someone else would grab Julio.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah, dude should have taken the four seconds to make sure it says Julio Jones, WR, ATL. Like the info is right there, I don’t care how excited you get that you found a WR1 on FA.

Pretty much the only mistake I think worth forgiving is someone somehow accidentally dropping a player and then immediately, I mean within 30 seconds, texting the commish to explain and have it undone. Bad trades, dumb pickups, all of that stuff has clear information right next to the players name of what you are getting.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Watching someone accidentally grab the wrong guy cause of the same initial and last name is one of the purest joys fantasy can provide. You'd have to be some sort of grinch to take that away.

I miss that time period where you could nominate former Chicago Bears legend Adrian Peterson first in auctions and watch chaos ensue.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He said honest mistakes are one thing… what would be an example of a mistake more honest than that?

Obviously you can commish your league how you want, but there’s no way I’m letting someone’s entire season go down the drain over an obviously silly honest mistake.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

He said honest mistakes are one thing… what would be an example of a mistake more honest than that?

Obviously you can commish your league how you want, but there’s no way I’m letting someone’s entire season go down the drain over an obviously silly honest mistake.

Accidental is like "oops I clicked the wrong button and dropped Julio Jones" and then immediately messages commish, not "I paid 0 attention and claimed some CB named J. Jones"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d argue that anything accidental is accidental.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I’d argue that anything accidental is accidental.

Ok well if someone says they claimed JK Dobbins this week because they thought he was the starter for the ravens, I'm not going to say they should get to reverse that because they accidentally added someone that isn't the ravens starter. Adding the wrong player (eg J. Jones) is more like that than it is a technical issue like "I pressed the wrong button."

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

That’s a no, right?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

GhostOfTomNook posted:

That’s a no, right?

gently caress no

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

GhostOfTomNook posted:

That’s a no, right?

That guy is trying to rob you. Ekeler and Swift are great right now and kittle is one of the few TE's with points potential. You would essentially be downgrading 3 starters for Rondale Moore who is good but suffers from having to share targets between 3 other legit receivers.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

GhostOfTomNook posted:

That’s a no, right?

Swift is currently tied with CMC for 3rd overall RB in HPPR, and I'm still confident in saying he will never be a sell high.

Dude has a floor that, as far as we know, is still floating in space above lake Michigan.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 29, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Mayman10 posted:

Was worried about Cook being out this week but my team went off anyway and got my highest score yet securing my 3-0 lead.

Is that yahoo?? I have a dumb joke league that has 2 kickers that has been wanting to add punters for years

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

dxt posted:

Is that yahoo?? I have a dumb joke league that has 2 kickers that has been wanting to add punters for years

ESPN actually. They don't have a standard for punter scoring so you'd have to tweak it yourself. They're a wildcard so it'd fit in your joke league for sure

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

dxt posted:

I used to run a non-serious league and we had head coaches and punters. It was loving awesome.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What does the goon hivemind think of this trade: Redraft PPR: I give up Josh Jacobs for Tyler Boyd in my league where I have CMC+Chuba, Swift (bye week 9), and Gibson+McKissic (bye week 9)? Boyd has scored 6.2, 14.3, and 13.6 so far this year.
It would leave my RB situation bad in week 9 but would give me what appears to be a 3rd viable starting WR (my WRs are ARob, Tim Patrick, Diontae, Mooney, KJ Osborn, Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards).
Tim Patrick may already be a clear cut fantasy starter now with KJ Hamler out for the year. But Jacobs is hurt and my 4th RB so I'm tempted to do it. Could counter for Hollywood Brown.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 29, 2021

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I used to run a non-serious league and we had head coaches and punters. It was loving awesome.
I took over running my small, casual league this year and have been thinking about ways to spice it up. Adding coaches next year could be hilarious and fun. Are there any good guides or resources to learn more about it?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Need advice

I’m 3-0 and defending league champion in my dynasty league. 12 teams and 4 playoff spots. PPR.

I currently have Michael Thomas and Jerry Jeudy on IR. I’ve been getting by with Jakobi Myers and Cole Beasley in their place. Allen Robinson is my default WR1 right now.

Another owner offered me Marvin Jones for two future third rounders. I’m low on picks as it is. Would you give up those picks for Jones? In an ideal world he’d never see my lineup come November (would start Thomas, Robinson, Jeudy). But it’s also extremely hard to rely on Thomas or Jeudy to come back from their injury and just be 100%. Plus, Allen Robinson no longer feels like a sure thing.

Legitimately torn on this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ty1990 posted:

Need advice

I’m 3-0 and defending league champion in my dynasty league. 12 teams and 4 playoff spots. PPR.

I currently have Michael Thomas and Jerry Jeudy on IR. I’ve been getting by with Jakobi Myers and Cole Beasley in their place. Allen Robinson is my default WR1 right now.

Another owner offered me Marvin Jones for two future third rounders. I’m low on picks as it is. Would you give up those picks for Jones? In an ideal world he’d never see my lineup come November (would start Thomas, Robinson, Jeudy). But it’s also extremely hard to rely on Thomas or Jeudy to come back from their injury and just be 100%. Plus, Allen Robinson no longer feels like a sure thing.

Legitimately torn on this.
I'm new to dynasty so I may have no idea what I'm talking about here, but with Thomas injured, potentially on the outs in NO, and playing without Drew Brees he's a huge questionmark to me. Pace continues to be a terrible GM in Chicago so their OL situation is a goddamn mess so ARob could be below his usual average this year. I would be tempted to take the trade because MJJr is leading the Jags in targets and catches and they are going to be playing from behind a lot; the Jags are truly terrible and I would not be surprised if they have the first overall pick again next year, but the TLaw to MJJr connection seems to be real. Could you counter to offer Old Man Unvaccinated Beasley in place of a pick or something?

edit: and MJJr doesnt seem to be a one-trick pony that relies solely on physical talent that could wear down in the next year or two, so I dont think he's a bad pickup despite his age.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 29, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What does the goon hivemind think of this trade: Redraft PPR: I give up Josh Jacobs for Tyler Boyd in my league where I have CMC+Chuba, Swift (bye week 9), and Gibson+McKissic (bye week 9)? Boyd has scored 6.2, 14.3, and 13.6 so far this year.
It would leave my RB situation bad in week 9 but would give me what appears to be a 3rd viable starting WR (my WRs are ARob, Tim Patrick, Diontae, Mooney, KJ Osborn, Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards).
Tim Patrick may already be a clear cut fantasy starter now with KJ Hamler out for the year. But Jacobs is hurt and my 4th RB so I'm tempted to do it. Could counter for Hollywood Brown.

I would not trade already-dwindling rb depth to shore up one mid-season week.

It's not about week 9, it's about weeks 15-17. Also you are selling low which I also don't like.

Hold your RB depth and trade them when the trade deadline approaches for max profit.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's not about week 9, it's about weeks 15-17. Also you are selling low which I also don't like.

Hold your RB depth and trade them when the trade deadline approaches for max profit.

I agree it's a no, but I don't hate the idea. I just don't think the WR you're getting back is good enough to sacrifice your depth. RBs are worth more, even if you're not likely starting Jacobs.

I have one too. I have Chuba and the guy with CMC is hurting bad and needs some guys who will actually play now. Thoughts on either of these concepts generally? (1) I package a WR with Chuba to upgrade at WR - maybe something like Boyd/Chuba for McLaurin. Could send Ja'Marr here too but don't really want to. Or (2) I acquire CMC for Gibson and Swift. Gives me a problem in the flex, where I'd probably have to play Ty'Son unless I figure something out, but also gets me the best player in fantasy while holding his handcuff. Ekeler is my other RB and my wideouts suck.

Standard scoring.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Somebody dropped Golladay. Is there something I'm missing or should I try to grab him? Would probably drop Gainwell.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

Popero posted:

I agree it's a no, but I don't hate the idea. I just don't think the WR you're getting back is good enough to sacrifice your depth. RBs are worth more, even if you're not likely starting Jacobs.
Thanks fellas, I was not inclined to sell low on Jacobs but I wasnt sure since my WRs are such a questionmark. I might have been more willing if he offered Marquise Brown but even then I think waiting to sell closer to the trade deadline is smarter.

Popero posted:

I have one too. I have Chuba and the guy with CMC is hurting bad and needs some guys who will actually play now. Thoughts on either of these concepts generally? (1) I package a WR with Chuba to upgrade at WR - maybe something like Boyd/Chuba for McLaurin. Could send Ja'Marr here too but don't really want to. Or (2) I acquire CMC for Gibson and Swift. Gives me a problem in the flex, where I'd probably have to play Ty'Son unless I figure something out, but also gets me the best player in fantasy while holding his handcuff. Ekeler is my other RB and my wideouts suck.

Standard scoring.
I have zero standard scoring leagues so I feel useless here. I would not trade Gibson and Swift away for any one player. Gibson will get his and as Drunk Nerds has said, Swift should be legit this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Definitely do not trade Gibson and Swift for an injured CMC. Or even a healthy CMC.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What's the scoring on head coaches? Just wins?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Chernabog posted:

Somebody dropped Golladay. Is there something I'm missing or should I try to grab him? Would probably drop Gainwell.

I have him, have yet to start him. He’s one of those guys where the talent is there and I’d rather him than some other waiver wire garbage, but my starters do well enough that I’ll likely just have him riding the pine all season and then go “why did I keep him on my team this year” in week 17.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

I have him, have yet to start him. He’s one of those guys where the talent is there and I’d rather him than some other waiver wire garbage, but my starters do well enough that I’ll likely just have him riding the pine all season and then go “why did I keep him on my team this year” in week 17.

Yeah, seconded

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Just traded hockenson and pollard for Diggs. Mashed accept before even posting here but I can't see how that's a bad move (I have kelce as my starting TE)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chernabog posted:

I'd be inclined to wait to see on Gainwell versus picking up Golladay with how heavily he was involved in passing situations.

The Big Jesus posted:

Just traded hockenson and pollard for Diggs. Mashed accept before even posting here but I can't see how that's a bad move (I have kelce as my starting TE)

Could you have run big set and had Hock in your flex spot? :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone in my league just picked up Josh Gordon for $420.

That my friends is an expensive joke

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

Someone in my league just picked up Josh Gordon for $420.

That my friends is an expensive joke

At least he or she did it as a joke. Someone in my league seriously dropped $24 on him and when someone pointed out Gordon is only on the practice squad his response was a hearty "gently caress ME"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

At least he or she did it as a joke. Someone in my league seriously dropped $24 on him and when someone pointed out Gordon is only on the practice squad his response was a hearty "gently caress ME"

Wait until he finds out how many games he’s played the last few years

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well the amount is a joke. 420/1000 is a stupid amount for a practice squad player but this person is a Chiefs homer.

That said Josh Gordon is going to get snaps sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

Well the amount is a joke. 420/1000 is a stupid amount for a practice squad player but this person is a Chiefs homer.

That said Josh Gordon is going to get snaps sooner rather than later.

Lowkey, I'm hoping the Broncos snatch him before he gets promoted :ohdear:

if my understanding of how practice squads work is correct at least